Fire Emblem Expo

The Geek

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two things of note that I saw:

1. There's a Cipher stream (it's saying something about Nico) on December 8 at 8 PM.
2. Tickets go on sale on December 28 at 6 PM.  Expo is on May 4, 2019 at Zepp Tokyo?

Since this is Japan, translate it to your time zone accordingly.  Also, it's stupid o'clock (I should be in bed), so I might've screwed up something in translation.

Edited by eclipse

6 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

calling it
anime
FE Warriors 2
remake of some sort

I can definitely see all of this happening. Wonder if the anime will be based on Shadow Dragon or Awakening? If Warriors 2 is happening then I expect Tellius, Elibe/Jugdral (depending which remake is next), and Three Houses to be the new focus. 

Three Houses should be out by then, right? I hope so anyway.

Edit: come to think about it, I could also see Tellius HD happening. IS are 3 years late to the Switch when they could have had that ready for this year tbh, at this point they're just leaving money on the table. I could see Three Houses in spring, Tellius HD in fall/winter, and a remake for 2020. It seems like that would be a doable, profitable schedule for them for the next two years.

Edited by Book Bro

Fourth of May, huh. Part of me wonders if Three Houses will have released by then, if this is its launch party, or a final marketing push before it hits the shelves.

Binding Blade remake and Tellius Switch ports also sound possible to me, even if the latter might be a bit of a stretch. 

As for an anime, I could see that too. So many Japanese games get one almost regardless of their size. The question would be how good it'd actually be, and what the anime would be of. I have advocated a "Fire Emblem Generations" kind of thing where each installment in the series gets around two stories focused on side events or characters that aren't protagonists or main villains, but maybe a Three Houses or Fates anime would be more likely.

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

Fourth of May, huh. Part of me wonders if Three Houses will have released by then, if this is its launch party, or a final marketing push before it hits the shelves.

Personally, a very cynical side of me immediately concluded that this will be when we finally get more information about the game. It's not what I want to happen but it's just what my thoughts keep muttering at me.

2 minutes ago, Stercus said:

Personally, a very cynical side of me immediately concluded that this will be when we finally get more information about the game. It's not what I want to happen but it's just what my thoughts keep muttering at me.

If it's supposed to come out in spring, I doubt it. Chances are Nintendo has been silent on Three Houses in order to give Smash Bros. all the hype and build-up possible; it's possible Three Houses will dominate Nintendo news in the first half of 2019.

"Fire Emblem is a really small series"

I find it funny how we are getting an actual event, it seems like the series is getting some real recognition, warriors 2 seems possible (I certainly hope it happens), I don't know about heroes but we could hear something, as for the remakes, elibe seems likely in this context, I think they will remake genealogy after the costs become lower and the engine becomes easier to use so they can make it easy.

Hopefully three houses will be out by March (since it was originally a 2018 title) and will give it enough breathing room for a potential remake to be announced. It could be new mystery, or geneology, or FE6/7, or tellius.

Also a bit of a stretch but what if an advance wars title is announced here

Edited by TheBraveGallade

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Edit: come to think about it, I could also see Tellius HD happening. IS are 3 years late to the Switch when they could have had that ready for this year tbh, at this point they're just leaving money on the table. I could see Three Houses in spring, Tellius HD in fall/winter, and a remake for 2020. It seems like that would be a doable, profitable schedule for them for the next two years.

2 years. The Switch came out in March 2017, Three Houses is still slated for early 2019.

That said, I agree. A remake in either 2020 or 2021 seems likely, and a Tellius collection would be great for an off-year or something along those lines. If Nintendo wanted a filler game to pad out their title line-up for a given year, PoR/RD would be perfect, given how much attention the series has gotten, how popular Ike is, and how few people actually played the Tellius games.

Edited by Slumber

This is where they announce that all 5 Smash Ultimate DLC characters are Fire Emblem characters.

Yeah, i think we'll definitely see some Three Houses footage there although May's like the tail end of Spring, which is the season the game is supposed to come out. I always expected the game to be released in March. I also see the possibility of an anime but there's the question of how good it would be (and also what studio, that's kinda important too).

The important thing to note is that it's a Japanese event so expect a shit ton of Japanese exclusive stuff.

The fact that Fire Emblem is getting it's own expo just blows my gosh darn mind. I honestly don't really care about what they announce at the event when I'm too busy thinking to myself: "This is the world I live in. How?" It's just so shocking to me that Fire Emblem went from a quite japan only success to one of Nintendo's heaviest hitters.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

The fact that Fire Emblem is getting it's own expo just blows my gosh darn mind. I honestly don't really care about what they announce at the event when I'm too busy thinking to myself: "This is the world I live in. How?" It's just so shocking to me that Fire Emblem went from a quite japan only success to one of Nintendo's heaviest hitters.

Thank Naga for Awakening.

I'm probably looking too deep into this, but I can make out all of the silhouettes on this banner, and... nobody from Three Houses in here. No Roy, Sigurd/Seliph or Leif either, though, but my point is, if part of it was meant as advertisement for TH, characters from the game would probably be featured; which leads me to the actual problematic part...

... why wouldn't they advertise the game so close to its release window?

5 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

The only reason Fire Emblem is alive and well to the point it has multiple spinoffs is because it is a Nintendo Franchise.

Would a franchise like Metroid even continue without Nintendo's aid?

Other similar turn-based games or franchises like Langrisser, Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics exist only in remakes or rereleases or are dead. I envy FE fans for having it easy.

@Cysx  

I'm probably looking too deep into this, but I can make out all of the silhouettes on this banner, and... nobody from Three Houses in here. No Roy, Sigurd/Seliph or Leif either

If I'm not mistaken, going from top to bottom, left to right, it looks to me like it features F!Corrin, Sigurd, Lyn, Alfonse, Micaiah (?), Feh, Eirika, Lucina, Roy, Ike, and Marth. I attached an image below with what I'm seeing; tell me if anything seems out of place.

In any case, I have to agree: the lack of FETH here is a tiny bit concerning.

My theory is that the portraits we'd seen of Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are of them in their "academy uniform" appearances, and that they'll have different art later, similar to the portrait changes we'd seen with Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe in RD, or Alm and Celica in SoV. Since IS is staying as tight-lipped as they can on anything related to FETH, it stands to reason that they wouldn't go revealing - or even hinting at - E/D/C's "official" appearances this early on, not with something as unremarkable as an expo banner silhouette.

It's worth noting that Cipher's Set 17 pre-release campaign is expected to take place in May. The current consensus is that FETH's introductory Cipher set is going to be Set 17, which would align nicely with the May 4 Expo. But then again, the consensus has been wrong before....

Expo Banner.png

14 hours ago, Thane said:

If it's supposed to come out in spring, I doubt it. Chances are Nintendo has been silent on Three Houses in order to give Smash Bros. all the hype and build-up possible; it's possible Three Houses will dominate Nintendo news in the first half of 2019.

That's probably it. Nintendo tends to focus more on immediate titles. Once Smash is done and we shift to 2019, Fire Emblem and Yoshi should be their next major focus as both are scheduled for the spring.

What I expect is some FE cipher stuff, an anime announcement and a (I hope) new FE game that will probably be a FE4 or FE6 remake. 

Not expecting 3H news unless it's DLC because the game should be released by then.

7 hours ago, domilea said:

@Cysx  

If I'm not mistaken, going from top to bottom, left to right, it looks to me like it features F!Corrin, Sigurd, Lyn, Alfonse, Micaiah (?), Feh, Eirika, Lucina, Roy, Ike, and Marth. I attached an image below with what I'm seeing; tell me if anything seems out of place.

Well no, I placed Alm and Ephraim in lieu of Sigurd and Roy, because Falchion lookalike(I always forget the Tyrfing also shares that property), and thin weapon for Ephraim, though it lacks a tip so it's probably just angled, and the haircut works for Roy(a bit short, but eh). I guess only Echoes/Gaiden is missing, then. Potentially in the middle?

Interestingly, this image solidifies the top ones...

fire-emblem-expo.jpg

... though Feh is clearly flying over the group alongside Yune, so yeah, the space behind Lyn is someone else.

The change of uniform theory is interesting, though to be honest I don't think there'd be much harm in using the ones we know on a banner with just silhouettes.

Edited by Cysx

Curiously, I can't see the banner as you do! I can only see as much as I'd put in that screenshot. How irritating.

But now I'm absolutely sure that that's Micaiah, and that's also definitely Feh up there as well. Now I'm not sure who it is in that in the place I'd originally labelled "Feh"... the handle jutting out the side looks a bit like a rapier's, but other than that, I can't make it out all that well. It's such a small part of the silhouette, too...

And yeah, Alm has some pretty prominent armor pieces, esp. his pauldrons, so I'm fairly confident that's Sigurd. And Ephraim also wears gloves that go almost to his elbows, while Roy has bare forearms and gloves that look like those in the silhouette, so I'm very sure that that's Roy.

I also agree, IS seems to have ignored Gaiden/SoV again, which, while upsetting, honestly isn't that surprising. The remake is the only reason Gaiden isn't still under a bus with Thracia, and now that IS has turned their attentions completely to Three Houses, it seems Gaiden has returned to roughly that same degree of importance. 

If not for the uniform theory, then the lack of FETH reps is IS just being super-secretive again, I'm sure. I'd be extremely surprised if the expo lacked any sort of coverage on FETH.

1 hour ago, domilea said:

Curiously, I can't see the banner as you do! I can only see as much as I'd put in that screenshot. How irritating.

But now I'm absolutely sure that that's Micaiah, and that's also definitely Feh up there as well. Now I'm not sure who it is in that in the place I'd originally labelled "Feh"... the handle jutting out the side looks a bit like a rapier's, but other than that, I can't make it out all that well. It's such a small part of the silhouette, too...

And yeah, Alm has some pretty prominent armor pieces, esp. his pauldrons, so I'm fairly confident that's Sigurd. And Ephraim also wears gloves that go almost to his elbows, while Roy has bare forearms and gloves that look like those in the silhouette, so I'm very sure that that's Roy.

I also agree, IS seems to have ignored Gaiden/SoV again, which, while upsetting, honestly isn't that surprising. The remake is the only reason Gaiden isn't still under a bus with Thracia, and now that IS has turned their attentions completely to Three Houses, it seems Gaiden has returned to roughly that same degree of importance. 

If not for the uniform theory, then the lack of FETH reps is IS just being super-secretive again, I'm sure. I'd be extremely surprised if the expo lacked any sort of coverage on FETH.

Oh, sorry I didn't make it clear, but I think you're right and I'm wrong, so disregard my original version. As far as I'm concerned, yours is the correct one, outside of Feh.

I actually doubt IS would give Echoes the cold shoulder, not after Celica got first place in CYL2; pretty sure one of the two is gonna be in the middle. Leif being another matter entirely...

@Slumber Pretty sure that lower sword is the Ragnell. It has Ragnell's distinctive chappe:

latest?cb=20161010141837

Ike is probably just holding it low, and the upper sword is Marth's Falchion.

@Cysx Yeah. Not only CYL2, she's one of the characters IS considers marketable enough to get an independent alt (Fallen), and she also got into Warriors. She also gets a notable amount of attention through Cipher merch:

XMvsSOM.png

So I'd be surprised if she wasn't on the expo banner... maybe she's just obscured. 

Ah, Leif. My poor, neglected boy... I'm dreaming of FE17 being an FE4 remake. If so, 5 would be right next in line for a remake, and all eyes would be on him then! Until then... I'll continue dreaming....

4 minutes ago, domilea said:

@Slumber Pretty sure that lower sword is the Ragnell. It has Ragnell's distinctive chappe:

latest?cb=20161010141837

Ike is probably just holding it low, and the upper sword is Marth's Falchion. 

Ah, I see it now. Makes more sense. 

I got the impression Marth's Falchion was at a downward angle and not visible, and the tip of the sword at Ike's chest was Ragnell, though now that you pointed it out, that lower sword is definitely Ragnell. 

Predictions:

- Three House DLC (Game will already be out by then)
- TMS #FE Switch port (Fits with Nintendo porting their Wii U titles)
- Tellius remakes (Micaiah being there while other major lords are omitted makes me think Tellius is playing a big part here)
- FEH news (New units, or maybe Book 4 announcement if it's close to release by then)

That being said, this is pretty exciting. It's hard to believe FE was a series at the brink of death at one point, but now it's getting its own expo. Awakening definitely did wonders to the series.