Fire Emblem Cipher at Comiket 95 - Merchandise Revealed!

Kirie

Fire Emblem Cipher at Comiket 95!

cFaS1Oo.png

For those considering attending, Comiket 95 will be held from 29~31 December at Tokyo Big Sight. The Cipher booth is #3161, located on the West 4th floor.

Comiket 95 Merchandise:

Fan Boxes:

The Players Boxes of previous years have been replaced with new Fan Boxes. Each box contains:

• 1 large storage box (the outside container) and 1 smaller storage box
  • 1 swimsuit promo card and matching "domiterior" (standing keychain)
  • 1 A5 size binder
  • 4 marker cards (featuring dragon girls) & calendar cards
  • 1 card stand, which can be used with the above cards to make a standing calendar
  • 1 storage pouch

Here are both options:

Atf4CsN.pngNK8sj7r.png

New Cavalier Duo CD:

sXNTItV.png

Another CD featuring music by the Fire Emblem "Cavalier Duo" of composers: Hiroki Morishita and Takeru Kanazaki. Each copy of the CD contains two special Cavalier promo cards. Check out the track list here.

hkbx162.png

Artbooks:

Cipher artbooks are making a return. The three featured artbooks this time around are for the newest sets (S13 and S14) and the Extra Selection promo card book. Presumably, the older artbooks will also be available, as this has been the case for previous events.

8jJCoUm.png

Cipher Art Tapestries:

Four new tapestries featuring Cipher artwork will also be available. The tapestries are B2 sized. The Celica design is from S16 and the Camilla design is likely an upcoming Secret or Promo card. Here's a shot of Kawade holding one in person.

XMvsSOM.png

Playmats:

This year's Comiket Playmats feature the Summer Lucina and Summer Corrin art from the Fan Box promos. Here's an in-person photo.

arlNT68.png

Domiterior Keychains:

There will be 15 new designs of domiterior-style standing keychains. Presumably, like last year, they will be sold in blind bags. Once again, here is another in-person look at the keychains standing up.

TClp20A.png

Booth Promo:

Everyone who buys something from the Cipher Comiket booth will also get a cute Christmas Lilina promo card!

iukoYPL.png

Interesting stuff! I wonder why they changed Corrin's summer outfit, maybe the artist wanted to experiment?

Anyway, this all looks great and Santa!Lilina is adorable! I'm surprised that S!Lucina was revealed two months ago though, will she be released here for the first time or was she already used as a promo somewhere earlier? (But I must say, seeing that art in full detail with that smile and sparkles makes it all the more precious. The "Robin has a heart attack" meme makes so much more sense now :P)

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Interesting stuff! I wonder why they changed Corrin's summer outfit, maybe the artist wanted to experiment?

Anyway, this all looks great and Santa!Lilina is adorable! I'm surprised that S!Lucina was revealed two months ago though, will she be released here for the first time or was she already used as a promo somewhere earlier? (But I must say, seeing that art in full detail with that smile and sparkles makes it all the more precious. The "Robin has a heart attack" meme makes so much more sense now :P)

The change in Corrin's design was probably to differentiate her more from her previous summer promo. And, yeah, this is the first (and only) time this Summer Lucina will be available. They do like to hype the art early on for some stuff, like the Cordelia/Severa art being used for a playmat last winter despite not be available in card form until this summer.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

The Summer Corrin outfit is a modified/more detailed version the Seashell swimsuit from the Japanese version of Fates.

asdasd.jpg

(for the record it being ophelia is completely coincidental, it was the first one i found)

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

The change in Corrin's design was probably to differentiate her more from her previous summer promo. And, yeah, this is the first (and only) time this Summer Lucina will be available. They do like to hype the art early on for some stuff, like the Cordelia/Severa art being used for a playmat last winter despite not be available in card form until this summer.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Emerson said:

The Summer Corrin outfit is a modified/more detailed version the Seashell swimsuit from the Japanese version of Fates.

asdasd.jpg

(for the record it being ophelia is completely coincidental, it was the first one i found)

Huh, TIL. Looks like the artist's modifications were just to make it more skimpy, but I think the blue beads are nice.

I wish some would just publish this game stateside already. 

I think that by this point we're already too late to bring over all of the sets without oversaturation. 

BTW @Kirie what's the actual word/eng equivalent FE Cipher uses for "Tap". I was looking on the wiki and I saw that word get used a lot, I'm really doubtful they actually use it.

Edited by Captain Karnage

15 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I wish some would just publish this game stateside already. 

I think that by this point we're already too late to bring over all of the sets without oversaturation. 

That’s something that will never happen. Too much competition and FE is still considered too “niche”. It’s not worth the hassle at the moment. Nintendo probably doesn’t want to bring anything that could compete with the Pokemon TCG for shelf space. 

Yup, they’re attempting to capitalize on “waifu popularity” with F!Corrin and Lucina there. 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Nintendo probably doesn’t want to bring anything that could compete with the Pokemon TCG for shelf space

Nintendo hasn't touched the Pokemon tcg in years, the Pokemon company and Creatures inc handle it.

If anything if would end up like most other games, only available in a gamestore. It wouldn't even put a dent into the Pokemon tcg, the main problem would be that the player base being so small, it would be difficult to do organized play.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Nintendo hasn't touched the Pokemon tcg in years, the Pokemon company and Creatures inc handle it.

If anything if would end up like most other games, only available in a gamestore. It wouldn't even put a dent into the Pokemon tcg, the main problem would be that the player base being so small, it would be difficult to do organized play.

My bad then. I should’ve researched some more. Still, it’d be far too niche to work. Game stores would end up with merchandise that would hardly sell outside maybe some play mats and sleeves. 

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

BTW @Kirie what's the actual word/eng equivalent FE Cipher uses for "Tap". I was looking on the wiki and I saw that word get used a lot, I'm really doubtful they actually use it.

I'm only a collector and have only the vaguest understanding of Cipher's rules, so I have no idea. You're probably better off asking this as a general question in the Cipher Rules & Q&A thread.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:11 AM, Captain Karnage said:

There's no English equivalent because there's no English equivalent game for it yet

Tap is a common term used for collectible card games so that's probably why it was used, otherwise I dunno. I just went with it.

Pricing information was revealed during today's stream. The official site will probably update with a cleaner version of this image soon:

PCKvfh3.jpg