Do you think Three Houses would follow Fates 1 game for the price of 3 approach?

Spatha

Maybe. I hope they don't because that is part of what made Fates story as bad as it was, but it was profitable so who knows. I don't trust IS to not get a little greedy and try and pull that stunt again. We have a separate example of this in Fates with the children mechanic. They were obviously only thrown in there to get some extra sales because they make no sense otherwise. Even in SoV they seemed to have locked some support conversations behind DLC for very little reason. We'll have to wait until we get more information.

I sincerely doubt it. Console games are well known for being huge, and the Switch has already proven itself capable of handling larger games, so they couldn't attempt the "the game isย so big, we had to split itย up into 3 in order to contain it all"ย excuse again (maybe. Hard to tell what is and isn't one inย game development), no matter how hard they try.

Similarly, the aimsย with theย difficulty inย all three Fates games were so radically different that they could reasonably split them up so that if the player wanted the challenge of Conquest or the starting point of Birthright, they could just buy that game and save money on something they didn't want. I doubt that they'd have such wildly ranging difficulties in Three Housesย to justify separatingย it into different games, although challenge maps in the form of DLC are pretty much a given at this point.

Edited by Hawkwing

16 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I sincerely doubt it. Console games are well known for being huge, and the Switch has already proven itself capable of handling larger games, so they couldn't attempt the "the game isย so big, we had to split itย up into 3 in order to contain it all"ย excuse again (maybe. Hard to tell what is and isn't one inย game development), no matter how hard they try.

Similarly, the aimsย with theย difficulty inย all three Fates games were so radically different that they could reasonably split them up so that if the player wanted the challenge of Conquest or the starting point of Birthright, they could just buy that game and save money on something they didn't want. I doubt that they'd have such wildly ranging difficulties in Three Housesย to justify separatingย it into different games, although challenge maps in the form of DLC are pretty much a given at this point.

The funny thing is that the "too big" argument doesn't even work with Fates. Because the special edition comes with all 3 routes on one cartridge.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:06 AM, Spatha said:

Despite the mixed reception regarding the fact Fates is cut into Conquest, Birthright and Fates. It even more of a moneymaker for Nintendo.

I think Nintendo and IS are willing to do it again with Three Houses and this time with all the experience they have gotten it.

Just like with Corrin, Byleth has to choose between Edelgard, Dimitri or Claude and just like Birthright and Conquest, the two remaining kingdoms would be your enemy before turning to the Church of Seiros and the true antagonist.

If the above events happen, I really hope IS would actually make a complete story with good writing this time.

i really hope it does NOT happen, 'cause that wouldn't be fair at all for the fans and collectors that want to own a physical copy.

i managed to get the Limited Edition of Fates back in the days, but it was like an odyssey:ย i preorderedย the box set at GameStop as soon as i got theย release date for it, however it came way later due to being, well, limited in numbers. i'm sure there's plenty of people that got very angry when they had to cancel their preorders due to lack of copies.

was it worthy to get? hell yeah.ย but holy crap, it's been a pain to get it.

ย 

they did well with Echoes, and i honestly wish they don't make the same mistake with Fates.

13 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

The funny thing is that the "too big" argument doesn't even work with Fates. Because the special edition comes with all 3 routes on one cartridge.

Yeah that kinda shoots down that argument. But with Switch they shouldn't have problems not getting certain things they wanted to add onย it now at least the more demanded tasks.