Langrisser M General

redlight

On 1/30/2019 at 1:20 AM, Jedi said:

Had some fanart done of Elwin 

That's some amazing art! Awesome!

On a somewhat off-topic note, the Langrisser 1+2 remake has a demo available on the Japanese Switch eShop, covering chapters 1 to 3 of the first game and 4 to 6 of the second.

The battle animations are pretty bad (can be turned off fortunately), but besides that I feel they are pretty fun. There's some important differences compared to the original games (no 10HP system, no healing on rest, class change is now CP based, stats amounts and damage dealt, some maps changes, hidden items now show up on the map, etc), and I'm not ready to say it's necessarily better than the originals, but it seems to work quite well here. Similar enough to be nostalgic, different enough to feel like a new experience. 

Day 1 preorder for me if it comes out in English for sure!

Regarding the mobile game, I'm at level 38 on Dalsis with a Princess team. I was very fortunate with the gacha: while I got what I believe to be a very average amount of SSR characters, every single one of them were Princess members (Luna, Lana, Liana, plus the free Cherie). I'm extremely happy with what I got both favorites-wise and gameplay-wise, and the last spot I can swap between Freya, Sonia or Chris as needed (no Sophia yet).

I have to say I'll have to "let go" of the game a bit though... I've been doing the daily quests every day, and there's a ton of them and it takes the majority of my leisure time. I dislike being "forced" to play a game, and well, I'm not forced to play. Just have to convince myself that it's fine if I miss those bonuses and I'm not in a rush for anything really.

By the way, the level 40 stuff seems to be a gigantic wall. I was trying to get the class upgrade materials for it in advance (only three sweeps per day for Elite, and I can't get those from regular stages yet), and for the final component it's a level 40 stage. It'd be one of the harder ones to start with, but the enemies gets a gigantic power boost and they completely destroy my units in a direct fight (and there's a ton of them agroing at once). I'm collecting materials for my other characters for their level 40 upgrade; hopefully upgrading a few of them to the new soldiers will enable me to beat that stage and enable me to start getting those items for Luna and Cherie.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to beat Luna's first Gate of Fate mission, but it took me all of the 15 turns available and I had only one unit beside Luna standing by the end, which is far from the 9 turns and 3 deaths max needed to 3 star it. I realized I could and should use the forest in the upper left corner of the map, but even with that, the sheer amount of enemy units meant I couldn't do it without massive casualties. I guess I'll keep looking for a video or guide for it so I can at least 3 star it for daily sweeping. 

Also, I finally saw the Guild tab existed today, which made wonder if people here had started one. Seems like there's benefit to being part of one.

Edited by LuxSpes

I thought about starting a Serenes Forest guild, but I'm not sure if there is any interest in it (or if I actually want to run the thing). There is also the matter of starting a guild requires a small payment up front (like $2). // That aside, I do't think there is much guild functionality at the moment besides being a group of people with a fancy name.

I'm up for joining one though.

* * * * * EDIT * * * * *

Slowly making my way to 40. After looking at my heroes and the ease of getting materials, it looks like Sonya and Bone Rhinos will be my first T3 unit. Ninjutsu is amazing and Sonya snowballs quite well. Her main problem is sustain, but that may be solved once I can get Vampire Bats.

I'm fearful of the level 40 difficulty spike and enemy T3 units. I know they appear in Time Rift 4-3 Elite, but I don't know where they first appear in normal mode.

For my Training Grounds (~level 39)

Infantry - Lvl 9 (Initially invested a lot here because of Matthew and later Bernhardt. Current focus is elsewhere though.)
Lancer - Lvl 6 (Probably my biggest mistake in the long run. I really don't run a tank unless it is absolutely necessary. I may invest here more if I pull Luna and can invest in Freya.)
Cavalry - Lvl 9 (Initially invested for Laird before I knew that Fliers are the way to go. Currently being invested into to buff up the Bone Rhinos.)

Flier & Aquatic - Lvl 9 (Always a top priority as I try to make my way towards Angels. Also, Vampire Bats.)
Archer & Assassin - Lvl 3 (Yeah... No.)
Holy & Demon (& Mages) - Lvl 8 (Honestly I put points into here for my Liana. It turns out Lana benefited the most as she now has maxed out Witches. Gotta work towards Sorceress for Lana and Zealots for Chris.) 

Edited by Sire

20 hours ago, Troykv said:

So... there's a wall at Level 40?

I'm still like level 34 xD.

Well, there's actually a smaller one at level 35 too. At level 35, the difficulty gets adjusted by assuming you'll be using a faction/fusion buff from now on, which gives pretty hefty attack and defense bonuses. If you were already buff spells (they don't stack) it won't be that much of a difference though, and you'll be set to go as soon as you have upgraded your new classes.

The level 40 wall is a bit like that: enemies get third tier troops which makes a huge difference. If you don't have them, you get destroyed. The problem is, some class upgrade components to get them are behind a level 40 stage. I did manage to barely do it by upgrading my lancer and mage troops (components were from earlier stages fortunately) and boosting their troops a bit via bonds, so in a few days I should have got materials to upgrade the rest of my troops.

Regarding troop levels, I'm at 8 in my most used types (Lancer, flyer, holy, archer), 6 in cavalry (I only use Sonia occasionally) and 4 in sword (I don't have a sword user; none exist for the princess faction). I've only been doing the two daily quests though and two 8 hours expeditions per day though; I haven't farmed them any.

ugh I kinda want to give Sonya or Leon a class advancement to their new troops to be acquired. Guardian Cavalry is nice for Leon, but buffing Sonya would be really good for the current event....and the bone rhino is a decent looking troop. 

Which one to pick, hmn.

Btw. the Macho Lotto is now available. There are 10 prizes to pull but each pull requires more crystals.
The big prizes here are the Runestone, SSR accessory and Cherie's skin. To clear the entire lotto you will need 3950 crystals.

My first 4 pulls only gave me 1 Silver and 3 Bronze prizes. Meh.

Did 4 pull, got 4 bronze RIP

Don't know if I'll try again, but I'm tempted because of the skin. 

Also, discovered that sending units on expedition doesn't prevent you from using those units so I'm doing them much more actively than before. 

I did the 4 pulls (Free + 350 Crystals), got 4 Bronze. Overall, fairly content as I could use the SR Accessory for enchant resonance, Gold becomes scarce later, and the Hammers help a lot with upgrading equips friendshipisoverrated. The Runestone, SSR Accessory, and the Cherie Skin are very tempting, although I'll likely have to spend all my Crystals just for it due to the crappy rates. Getting the 3 Summon Tickets helps justify some of the costs, but man 3950 Crystal is a lot. If I had to choose one, I'll pick the Cherie skin. SSR Accessories and Runestones I can always get later and save up for.

Speaking of which, the Skins here seem to be Lotto exclusive and there hasn't been a re-run of it yet in CN, so if you miss out, it may be gone forever (or a year, who knows). I love the Cherie skin and she is one of my main characters, but I really should be trying to pull for Luna for the Princess Faction Buff...
In other news, I got Sonya her Bone Rhinos today! I did rage a bit because Cherie failed me in one of the Time Rift missions (costing me a Feat and 3* status), but at least I now have a T3 soldier. I am not looking forward to farming the rest of the materials as my burgers are all gone and I'm reliant on the daily supply to somewhat progress.

I'm going to pull once, Tiaris and Luna are too good to pass up.

I don't want to spend too much though because I want to have crystals to pull for Shelfaniel.

Pulled the lotto three times so for 150 gems. Got the gold, SR accessory and grey vouchers. If they redo this event, I feel like at least the 50 gems pull, maybe the 100 one too, might be worth trying for the better prizes since the bronze rewards are okay. More than that the prize gets too high for me though. The Rune Stone would certainly have been nice since I kind of wasted one or two of mine, but those can be gained slowly from arena anyways.

12 hours ago, Sire said:

In other news, I got Sonya her Bone Rhinos today! I did rage a bit because Cherie failed me in one of the Time Rift missions (costing me a Feat and 3* status), but at least I now have a T3 soldier. I am not looking forward to farming the rest of the materials as my burgers are all gone and I'm reliant on the daily supply to somewhat progress.

Grats on Bone Rhinos! It really helped me when I got them for Leon.

I've been trying to keep a small stock of burgers for emergencies (if I have to last minute grind an event or am too busy to use natural stamina, or something), but it is hard. So many things that could be done in this game.

5th pull was the last bronze. *facepalms*

I have a hard time to collect Crystals for this since I have to spent a lot of stamina for Tier 3 troop unlocks instead of Story battles or Time Rifts (still have to do Chapter 23). Heck I even tanked my progress on the Bozel event (23480 atm) and with only 16 burgers it's going to be tough to micro-manage this.

i decided to give Sonya the Bone Rhinos instead of giving Leon his Guardian Cavalry because Sonya's currently an event bonus and needs the boost. Leon will def. get his for the next round of those mats. 

Just a heads up for those wanting Trails in the Sky heroes. They are time limited and will no longer be available after their event is over. So, if you want the characters, better start saving and/or putting money to the side to get them! We currently do not know if they will return at a later date.

This is the first time heroes are time limited, so we don't know what will happen.

Edited by Sire

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait wait wait wait. It's hppening that soon? Shouldn't we have gotten a few months to save some Tickets xD

No need to panic, it is still a long ways away. I'm just stating what I've heard from the CN server.

If we follow the schedule, it may be around 5 months before we get the collab event (provided we get it at all).

2 minutes ago, Sire said:
43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No need to panic, it is still a long ways away. I'm just stating what I've heard from the CN server.

Phew. Good. You scared me there for a sec.

Time to go full saving mode, for real this time since i already got everything i need for now xD

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

(provided we get it at all).

Considering their community manager was talking/asking about collabs on r/langrisser, i am pretty sure we will^^

Finally started working on my soldiers in the past few days. Fliers are up to level 8 and Infantry to level 7. The rest are level 5, 4, 3 and 2 for Cavalry, Lancer, Archer and Holy respectively. Went hard on fliers because of Cherie and Luna, so I'll have to work on the other categories, especially since I'm starting to hit gold material I don't have the level to farm yet. 

Also managed to 3 star Luna's first Gate of Fate, so I'll be able to get my daily shard for her. (Now to figure out how to beat her 3rd Gate of Fate mission so I can get 2 shards a day)

Picked up the Gift of the Goddess pack and decided to give another roll on the lotto for Cherie's Angel skin.

I had 4 balls left, which, if each ball had the same chance of appearing, gave me a 25% chance for the skin (Rainbow), 50% for Gold (Runestone or SSR Accessory), and 25% for the SR Spirit. I got the SR Spirit.

Nope. Walking away, this is not worth it. While I really like the Angel skin for Cherie, she has been screwing me over as of late while Sonya has been picking up the slack. While apparently lotto skins are planned to have a rerun at some point, there's future lotto skins I rather save for.
Speaking of future skins, here's a topic regarding them on Reddit. Some are restricted to whale-tier, others are time limited, while others are gained from events or the lotto.

Edited by Sire
Dancer Liana is Egyptian Liana. I think I'll pass...