Langrisser M General

redlight

Over on reddit they are holding a survey about which series should have a collab with Langrisser. Among them we have Disgaea and more Falcom titles like Trails of Cold Steel and Ys.
I voted for CS and Ys since we already have ToS and therefore it shouldn't be that hard for them to get another agreement with Falcom. Plus Disgaea could be a bit funky without their trademark artstyle.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScseF-FjYvxJt7Z4X1ijj-F5nguvm8pO_Uomxygk3Gm9gfCKw/viewform

Btw. we're getting another big update at the 21st with the Twin Princess banner and Secret Realm changes. After clearing a stage for the first time, every subsequent run gives you pretty big buffs to help you clear it faster.

Edited by Magus of Memery

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering all the princesses I already have, I'll definitely try for at least Shelfaniel. Getting Angelina would be nice as well, but she's not as high of a priority since she comes back on rate up banner with Liana and Cherie and I want to save crystals to try for Lana when she's on the rate up bannet with Luna and Tiaris.

@Sire You might have to make your wallet bleed for that dancer Liana skin. I might be misremembering, but I think it's an Echo of Light exclusive skin alongside Lana's yakuza skin.

7 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

You might have to make your wallet bleed for that dancer Liana skin. I might be misremembering, but I think it's an Echo of Light exclusive skin alongside Lana's yakuza skin.

Liana's Dancer Egyptian skin is a lotto. I saw the full art via Youtube Video and sorta lost interest. It's a nice design, but not what I had in mind. // Regarding the skins in the video, the only ones that are of high interest to me are Sci-Fi Narm (Store) and maybe Summer Lana (Store Limited). Actually, after seeing the video, I think I have newfound respect for the Angel Cherie skin as it seems like one of the better ones, but I'm still done with the lotto.

For whaling, there are Zerida skins (one Echo of Light, another Limited) that I am highly interested in, but definitely do not have the means to raise the money for them when the time comes. There's also the matter of getting Zerida in the first place and her personality as a playable unit.

Regarding Reddit's Crossover Costume Poll, they are now in the Finals. The three choices are Trails of Cold Steel, Disgaea, and Growlanser.

https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/argara/langrisser_costume_crossover_finals/

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Liana's Dancer Egyptian skin is a lotto. I saw the full art via Youtube Video and sorta lost interest. It's a nice design, but not what I had in mind. // Regarding the skins in the video, the only ones that are of high interest to me are Sci-Fi Narm (Store) and maybe Summer Lana (Store Limited). Actually, after seeing the video, I think I have newfound respect for the Angel Cherie skin as it seems like one of the better ones, but I'm still done with the lotto.

For whaling, there are Zerida skins (one Echo of Light, another Limited) that I am highly interested in, but definitely do not have the means to raise the money for them when the time comes. There's also the matter of getting Zerida in the first place and her personality as a playable unit.

Regarding Reddit's Crossover Costume Poll, they are now in the Finals. The three choices are Trails of Cold Steel, Disgaea, and Growlanser.

https://www.reddit.com/r/langrisser/comments/argara/langrisser_costume_crossover_finals/

Looking at it, I prefer her already released Miko one to the Egyptian one. And despite how anachronistic it is, I really like Lana's Sonic Fairy store costume, though I'd need Lana first. In a similar case, the Echo of Light skins for Angelina and Schefaniel  look interesting, though I won't spend a dime there if I don't own them. The Ledin Echo of Light skin also looks neat from what I can see, but unless it's together with another skin of a character I own and like, I don't think I'll get it. I'd be curious to see what Luna's look like and how you can obtain them, but there not in the vid for some reason.

Just realized I could cheese today's Dark Contract map with a team full of bonus unit by having Ledin take care of the Golem and Chris wipe the Skeletons, so I'm using my burgers to run the map as much as I can to try to at least get Bozel before the event ends. 

Also only a couple of hundred of Exp away from team level 34, so I'll finally be able to get my unit to their final class and unlock Faction Buffs. 

Just got Bozel myself, now I can wash my hands of this tedious grind(for now).

Shame that I can't really make a reliably good team for his faction buff, but Sleep seems like fun to use.

Also wrt the costume thing, my choice also the correct choice is Growlanser, but I would, strongly, prefer a Growlanser collab rather than costumes

Managed to get the 60 Bozel shards right on the daily reset by using one of today's bonus runs. Good thing since today's map seems way harder to cheese than the previous. 

Farming the event also allowed me to get to level 35 and the first thing I did is get Luna to her next class. And wow does having a Faction buff make a difference. I was able to clear two Gate of Fate trials that were really walling me on the first try thanks to it. Next on list for class upgrade is Ledin so he can get his own faction buff for when Freya falls short.

Speaking of Freya, I read on Reddit that the CN server is testing out changes to how immunity to fixed damage works. Bosses still have immunity to fixed damage source that calculate their damage based on a percentage (like Luna's faction buff effect dealing 15% of target's HP as damage), but will take full damage from sources that calculate their damage on a unit's attribute (like Freya's unique skill and Barb doing 2x and 2.5x her defense as damage). Took the info from this thread

Yeah, the fixed damage changes will help Freya a lot (as well as Bernhardt who can use Sever). Ledin may still be better overall, but at least Freya can be used now.
- - - - -
I'm still having problems with 4-3 Elite. I managed to clear it, but I need the 3* status so I can actually sweep the thing to farm Samurai Scrolls for Cherie. However, I'm wondering if I may be able to unlock Angels within the next week through the Training Grounds. The hard part is trying to clear Level 40 solo and getting someone to carry me through 45...

Edit: On the Events screen, click the "Go" button regarding the update preview for some free stuff. I have a feeling we'll have to visit it occasionally as only one reward is available at the moment.

Edited by Sire

Yesterday, I stumbled on this reddit post that listed all the dates for the banners released in China. Since global seems to be following pretty much the same schedule albeit delayed, I decided to extrapolate when these banners could be released on the global server. Here's the reddit link for anyone interested. 

Definitely gonna save for all the Focus banners with Princess faction SSR since I'm already committed to that faction at this point. 

Lux doing all the heavy lifting, bless.

The princesses of summer and gathering of legends foci are exactly what I'd summon on, but I've been saving up for Angelina and Shelfanil for a while now, then after that, I'm back on the climb for Landius and Rachel, ooof

For anyone slacking off Timeless Trials because it's a chore:

You can actually sweep stages if you press the "Begin Trial" button besides "Start Trial" the game. Of course you can only sweep to a certain point, based on your progress.
e.g. if you have reached Level C you are allowed to sweep the entirety of D and start at D+1. Very useful because the first 3 ultimate rewards are pretty good for the stamina cost (as you are basically doing them for free because of that free Burger).

------

On a different note I updated my roster plans.

Spoiler

Still Empire/Strategic Masters. I don't think I'll ever move away from this faction (it's not like I lack all the key players for a different faction). Though I noticed that this faction is vulnerable against magic users. Lana is always the bane of my arena runs because of her extended range and if I can't the jump on her with Leon she will annihilate my party. Other factions use Ledin as their main tank who has Divine Guard to intercept them (though not against AoE spells).

Main:

Bernhardt
Still my 1st choice for the leader. Somehow I got him to 5 stars due to pulling 2 extra copies (1 more during his and Leon's banner, 1 from Liana's) which gives him the highest stats total in my roster.
I still struggle to unlock the Dark Guards for him because I'm gated by overall Soldier level (got the rainbow tome to unlock them). Once I do that and get Sever, the fun will really start.

Altemuller
While he is inferior to Bernhardt in terms of stats Altemuller comes up a lot because of difficult terrain popping up once in a while. Seeing Leon just run through across deserts, forrests and water is hilarious and equally devastating, especially when he can attack from a mountain or caste wall. I'll have to start to work on his star rating though since he is lagging behind with his stats. Fortunately I can probably take a break from Bernhardt's GoF now and commit to him.

Leon
Self-explainatory but what makes mine even more insane is the gear. I managed to get the Blue Star Lance (+4% Atk for each tile moved) and Lone Star armlet accessory (Atk+Def Up if no ally is within 2 tiles) which boosts his damage output to a whole new level. I can't imagine how hard he will hit once I unlock Chivalry on him.

Vargas
Similarly to Bernhardt Vargas is still in need of better troops and skills (Lava Titan, Last Stand). He is still a dependable tank but enemies start to crack him down rather quickly and some Rift missions have some absurd enemy density.

Imelda
I learned to appreciate her in Arena where pretty much everyone hides behind a tank. She just turns them off with Blizzard and then Leon can start to murder them.
It hurts that she doesn't have a GoF. I pulled 2 extra copies of her among my 290 total summons but she is still capped at 3 stars (where as Vargas is going to be 4 stars by tomorrow) and I see her more often than not falling to score kills.

Liana
Main healer. Pretty much always occupies my 5th spot except for special circumstances like map quests or the like where healing isn't required.

Future Build plans:

Chris
I still use her for the Dark Contract event but because of EXP and gear running thin I decided to set her aside in favor of my main roster. Demons are still managable at my level but I suspect the main story will start to introduce some pretty nasty fellows.

Varna
I'm benching Narm in favor of her. While the former has a lot more ST damage (as in she is the only Archer that deals damage on par with top DPS) Varna does not only profit from the faction buff (why not from Altemuller, wtf) but also provides a more supportive role in AoE buff removal and additional damage reduction. Unfortunately like Imelda she lacks a GoF meaning she is stuck at 2 star without pulling more copies from the gacha.

Hein/Egbert
In some missions I noticed that a 2nd mage becomes a boon, especially if both have AoE (4-3 Elite is an excellent example where enemy is clumped together). That means at some point having 2 mages will probably become mandatory.
Both have several AoEs and belong to the Empire faction (Hein will get an update somewhere in the future). I'm honestly leaning towards Hein since he should synergize with Bernhardt's faction buff and has some other utilities besides throwing magic (buff removal and Teleport). Egbert is also great but he seems very reliant on having a high star rating.

16 hours ago, Sire said:

I'm still having problems with 4-3 Elite. I managed to clear it, but I need the 3* status so I can actually sweep the thing to farm Samurai Scrolls for Cherie.

I still have nightmares of that stages. I was basically done with Cherie's materials from failed runs when I finally managed to 3* it. I will never forgive that mage who kept screwing me over by living with two digit hp number to turn 8. One day I will return to that map to get feats and decimate him.

You might know this already, but one thing that helped me was realizing that the cavalry move when you're within range of one of the two farther away from you, instead of when within range of two of them. What I did is move Cherie over to a river tile on the left side where the leftmost cavalry could reach her (but out of the mage's range) and have her in range of guard. This made them easier to bait and pick off one at a time. Admittedly this alone wasn't enough to 3* clear it, but for me that cavalry was the biggest roadblock to being able to consistently clear it and work on being faster.

Speaking of my rant above, I used to do Time Rift runs for getting feats I missed before, but the later class upgrades tend to be more heavy on resources and it's been a while I did that. Which is kind of sad, that was fun.

@LuxSpes That's a nice list, thanks!

That Focus banner with the twins and Tiaris seems like what I want to save for since I'm only missing Tiaris. Too bad Altemuller doesn't have a focus banner that's as ideal for me.

4 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

You can actually sweep stages if you press the "Begin Trial" button besides "Start Trial" the game. Of course you can only sweep to a certain point, based on your progress.
e.g. if you have reached Level C you are allowed to sweep the entirety of D and start at D+1. Very useful because the first 3 ultimate rewards are pretty good for the stamina cost (as you are basically doing them for free because of that free Burger).

I didn't know that! I have been slacking off in Timeless Trials because I feel like I'm already spending way too much time on the game: there's so much thing to do already that I just don't have the time / willpower to do Timeless Trials on top of that too. The "sweep if you got farther" thing makes it a lot more appealing though. I called it quit after the second round before because I felt the "red stones" is by far the most important reward, but if I can get it instantly by getting further on future weeks it's certainly worth the effort to do so.

Regarding Elite 4-3, it's certainly the biggest wall I've seen so far. I had to go put it on hold for a while until I upgraded Freya and Lana (by Elite 4-2 or earlier, after enough days they had enough materials to get their new troops), which allowed me to finally 3* Elite 4-3. It's been (mostly) smooth sailing since. I just hit Elite 5-1 (for the level 45 upgrades, only Elite stages drop class materials from now on) and it's hard-but-doable, so I think the level 45 upgrades will be easier to attain than the level 40 ones.

9 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Welp, this is extremely useful to know. I was wondering what the "Begin Trial" button did.

Now if only I had the spare Stamina to spend to progress in Timeless Trials...

6 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I still have nightmares of that stages. I was basically done with Cherie's materials from failed runs when I finally managed to 3* it. I will never forgive that mage who kept screwing me over by living with two digit hp number to turn 8. One day I will return to that map to get feats and decimate him.

You might know this already, but one thing that helped me was realizing that the cavalry move when you're within range of one of the two farther away from you, instead of when within range of two of them. What I did is move Cherie over to a river tile on the left side where the leftmost cavalry could reach her (but out of the mage's range) and have her in range of guard. This made them easier to bait and pick off one at a time. Admittedly this alone wasn't enough to 3* clear it, but for me that cavalry was the biggest roadblock to being able to consistently clear it and work on being faster.

I managed to clear 4-3 last night using my mainstay team (Sonya, Cherie, Liana, Lana, Freya). Sonya, Lana, and Freya had T3 soldiers.

My second attempt failed because of the cavalry trigger (I lost a crucial turn where I thought I was close enough to trigger them, but they didn't move). At least I got the "Less than 1 Hero Sacrificed" feat. My third attempt ended in victory after optimizing my strategy.

Man, having T3 soldiers makes things so much easier. I still haven't progressed farther in the story or the Time Rift, but I'll likely get around to that in my next play session.

5 hours ago, Ayra said:

for the level 45 upgrades, only Elite stages drop class materials from now on

Actually, those materials drop from normal Time Rift as well, starting from 6-3 (plus some of  the in-between nodes earlier but those aren't grindable anyways). Not knowing this is understandable though, since for whatever reason the unit upgrade menu doesn't want players to know this.

@Sire Glad to hear you ended up getting it!

In hindsight my river strategy was mainly useful for me since my only leveled tank is Ledin and he doesn't have Lancers at the moment:KnollRoll: (yes this makes things difficult)

Oh, you guys might be in a rough awakening if you reach the Emerald Gate.

For your leisure I'm currently working on an equipment & enchantment guide (inspired by cortana's guide on reddit). Considering how important proper equipment is I find this to be a topic where players should be well informed. Still a WIP though.

Spoiler

Equipment is a very important factor in Langrisser. They make up a majority of your Hero's stats and if you do not pay attention at maintaining them you will find a lot of fights way more difficult.

I. Introduction

The rule of thumb for F2P players is to not fuss about SSR equipment. If you look up some of them you will see some amazing effects on them but until you reach the final level cap you won't be able to upgrade them due to the scarcity of Epic Martial Spirits and duplicates. Your daily income of SSR ore is pitiful as well.
That's why you, my friends, should take good care of your SR equipment.
If you look at pure numbers a 3* SSR equipment (which is their first level cap) only offers the same benefits as a mere 4* SR equipment (with 1 or 2 extra effects). Once you're able to upgrade your SR equipment to 5* they will actually start to eclipse their SSR brethrens, making them more than a viable choice for long-term use and are equally accessible.
But you might wonder if you're not wasting hammers and gold for this. After all it's a chore to farm these resources outside of dailies. You're in luck since Alchemy will refund both the EXP and the amount of gold used to upgrade your equipment so once you obtain SSR equipment and the materials to upgrade them you can just dismantle your old gear and transfer the progress to your new shiny toy. You will lose your enhancements and Spirits but the former is irrelevant (as I will go into later).

II. Recommended SR equipment

With the totally uninteresting introduction speak out of the way let's talk about some of the recommended SR equipment. Despite not being nearly as numerous as the SSR selection some gears are better and more versatile than others. I will group together generally good equipment at the beginning and mention some of the more special cases at the end of each section. You will find some comments here and there.
Note: All weapon/armor types share the same stats. A Mithril Sword will have the same baseline as an Oath Sword but compared to a Mithril Hammer it will offer different stat increases. These differences will get bigger the more you upgrade your gear. Keep this in mind if you're choosing your weapon as every class has access to multiple weapon types and might want 1 stat more over the other.

II a. Weapons

General base stats:
- Sword: 7 ATK, 17 HP
- Lance: 6 ATK, 20 HP
- Axe: 8 ATK, 17 HP
- Hammer: 6 ATK, 22 HP
- Dagger: 5 ATK, 4 Skill
- Bow: 7 ATK, 3 Skill
- Staff: 7 INT, 17 HP

Mithril Sword/Hammer/Axe
Effect: +2% ATK
Recommended: Any Attacker

Machine Crossbow
Effect: When HP is at 100%, +3% ATK
Recommended: Archers, Assassins

Comments: You might wonder why I'm not mentioning any daggers. It's simple really; they are all inferior to their competition. Bows and Swords offer a higher ATK base at the small expense of skill which is not an important stat as you can't rely on Crits in this game. Archer and Assassins are gimmicky classes due to their lack of damage which gets even worse if you choose a Dagger for them. Unless you have no other choice avoid upgrading daggers and instead focus on alternatives at hand.

Sage Staff
Effect: +2% INT
Recommended: Any Mage (except Bozel)

Blood Lance
Effect: +2% DEF
Recommended: Any physical Tank

Oath sword
Recommended: Ledin
Comments: Only Ledin makes optimal use of this weapon due to having access to it across his entire class tree and it boosts his Divine Guard performance, a vital part of his gameplay. In general you will not find use for this on other Heroes as their optimal class tend to be Lancer-based.

Blessing Staff
Effect: +3% Healing
Recommended: Any Healer

Angel Staff
Effect: When HP is above 80%, +4% Healing
Comments: Whether you go for Blessing or Angel depends on your ability to keep your healer out of harm. That small increase in scaling can make a difference in earlier fights but being a conditional buff means that even a single attack will rob you of the benefit as healers tend to be very fragile.

Flame Lance/Scorching Staff
Effect: When initiating combat, 30% chance to deal fixed damage (0.5x of Hero's ATK) to the enemy.
Recommended: (Anyone*)
Comments: These are great to have for Timeless Trials or other gimmick fights where you may have no other choice but to whittle down your opponents with fixed damage (e.g. enemies have 100% damage reduction against physical damage). If you get a copy of these hold on to them for these occasions.

Secret Arts Staff
Effect: +3% Skill damage when casting ST skills
Recommended: Chris
Comments: Pretty much every mage prefers the added INT from the Sage Staff due to using different kinds of spells or their Talent scales with INT. Even Chris might want to use an Angel staff for increased healing on her spells. But if you want her to hunt down demons then this staff is perfect for her since both Discipline and Redemption are ST spells boosted this weapon.

Galaxy Staff
Effect: +3% Skill damage when casting AoE skills
Recommended: Bozel
Comments: Like its cousin this staff is only good for a single hero; Bozel. His talent replaces his INT his MDEF, meaning this is the only staff that gives him a damage increase from a weapon.

Emerald Lance
Effect: +2% MDEF
Recommended: Luna
Comments: Luna, similarly to Bozel, depends on stacking her MDEF instead of ATK due to her Wind Spiral skill. If she takes her Flier path this is her best choice among SR equipment. As an Archer though she is out of luck and you will have to look for a certain SSR bow.

II b. Armor

General base stats:
- Heavy Armor: 5 DEF, 17 HP
- Light Armor: 4 DEF, 20 HP
- Robes: 3 DEF, 22 HP

Dragon Scale Armor
Effect: +2% HP
Recommended: Anyone

Adventurer Jacket

Green Leaf Coat
Comments: Unless the Hero in question is a Tank or is somehow dependent on other stats +HP is the effect to look for. Besides being applicable against both type of attacks later enemies have skills or impose rules that can ignore one of your defensive stats, which leaves only your Hero's HP to survive such attacks (e.g. the Anikis' Macho Blast).

Mithril Armor

Holy Steel Armor
Effect: When attacked, +3% DEF
Recommended: Any physical  Tank
Comments: Choosing between Mithril and Holy Steel boils down whether you use your Tank to attack. Most Tanks convert their DEF to ATK and some skills also use DEF for scaling, meaning the constant DEF increase benefits them both defensively and offensively. On the other hand if you refrain from attacking then the higher DEF increase is useful to keep them alive for longer and will allow them to counterattack a bit stronger.

Feathered Light Armor

Oak Jacket
Effect: When HP is above 80%, +3% MDEF
Comments: Both are valuable in the sense of increasing her MDEF but the choice depends on her class. As a Bow Master she will hardly face counterattacks meaning she can profit far more from the Oak Jacket's higher increase. As a Pegasus Master you're better off with the alternative.

Emerald Robe
Comments: Due to his talent it is imperative to stack as much of Bozel's MDEF as possible.

Chameleon Robe
Effect: When attacked at melee range, +3% DEF & MDEF.
Recommended: Ledin
Comments: The single best piece of Armor you can give to Ledin. Because Divine Guard uses both defensive stats this gives him the highest increase among all other Armor options.

Alchemy Robe
Effect: When attacked, 25% chance to apply 20% damage reduction. Lasts 2 turns.
Comments: Compared to simple stat increases the Alchemy Robe's effect is chance-based but it will almost guarantee survival against most attacks. This is very obnoxious to deal with in PvP where missing that one important kill will cause a lot of headache for your opponents.

II c. Helmet

General Base Stats:
- Helmets: 3 MDEF, 20 HP
- Hats: 4 MDEF, 17 HP
- Crowns: 5 MDEF, 14 HP

Dragon Scale Helmet

Adventurer Hat

Green Leaf Crown

Mithril Helmet

Feathered Hat

Oak Crown
Effect: When HP is above 80%, +3% MDEF
Comments: Like the choice for her Armor the Oak Crown is the better choice if you make her an Archer otherwise it's better to take the permanent increase.

Ghost Mask
Comments: Can I just point out how misleading this is? The Emerald Robe gives MDEF but for some reason the Emerald Crown doesn't. Instead this carries the effect. Why?

Horror Helmet
Effect: After taking an action, 25% chance to apply -20% DEF to 1 enemy within 2 tiles. Lasts 1 turn.
Recommended: Sonya, Leon, Laird
Comments: That DEF debuff can make the difference of achieving a clean kill which is especially important for Sonya who relies on her talent to perform Hit & Run tactics.

Performer Mask
Effect: Ater taking an action, 25% chance to aplly -20% ATK to 1 enemy within 2 tiles. Lasts 1 turn.
Recommended: Any Flier, Narm
Comments: Many Fliers have the problem of surviving due to not being able to move out of enemy range after attacking. This item gives them a small chance to survive an attack and then retreat back on the next turn. Cherie can profit from this as well since she has 2 chances to apply this debuff. Narm on the other hand can apply this debuff to an enemy from a safe range, allowing your sweeper to engage with minimal losses.

Warlock's Hood
Effect: After taking an action, 25% chance to apply -30% MDEF to 1 enemy within 2 tiles. Lasts 1 turn
Recommended: Any Mage
Comments: Like the Horror Helmet this can allow you to score a kill which might be out of reach otherwise.

Sage Hat
Effect: After taking an action, +10% MDEF for 1 adjacent ally. Lasts 1 turn. (After update): Applies Immunity against "stun" and "lower movement".
Recommended: Anyone who can wear this masterpiece, preferably Healers
Comments: The added immunities makes this a must-have item because a lot of enemies tend to apply these debuffs to disable your Tank. Since Healers are the most likely to be protected by them they are the ideal wearer of the Sage Hat.

II d. Accessories

Unlike Weapons and Armor these tend to have wildly varying stats but you're equipping Accessories to their unique benefits or to stack a certain stat.

Speed Boots
Base Stats: 3 MDEF, 20 HP
Effect: +1% HP, +1 Movement
Recommended: Anyone who can wear it
Comments: You're on Serenes Forest and if you do not understand how good +1 movement you have a lot to reflect to. This is one of the best SR items and it's useable by anyone but Cavalry/Fliers. You only get 1 single copy of this from a hidden chest, one other can be found if you complete Lester's Gate of Fate so make sure you grab these.

Greaves
Base Stats: 3 DEF, 3 MDEF
Effect: +1.5% MDEF
Recommended: Any Tank

Valor Crest
Base Stats: 5 ATK, 20 HP
Effect: +1.5% HP
Comments: Both of these accesories are given to you during the story. They offer simple stat increases which isn't bad but once you get better and more unique accessories you will likely replace them. Unless you plan on melting them through Alchemy avoid investing in them too much.

Assault Ring
Base Stats: 5 ATK, 3 DEF
Effect: +1% ATK, +1% MDEF
Recommended: Any Attacker

Truth Pendant
Base Stats: 5 INT, 20 HP
Effect: +1% INT, +1% HP

Mediation Ring
Base Stats: 5 INT, 3 MDEF
Effect: +1% INT, Immunity against Fixed Damage
Comments: The immunity from this can come in handy in Timeless Trials.

Amulet
Base Stats: 3 DEF, 20 HP
Effect: -2% melee damage

Scryer
Effect: -2% ranged damage

Icon
Effect: +1% DEF, +2% Received Healing
Comments: One of the best accessories for Tanks.

Cross
Effect: +1.5% Healing, +1% HP

Crystal Ball
Effect: +1.5% Healing, Immunity against "deactive active skills"
Comments: I'm probably stating the obvious but the Crystal Ball is far superior to other alternatives due to its immunity. Even the SSR healers with their ridicilous talents rely on their skills for healing and most of these are active skills protected by this item.

Scarab
Base Stats:

III. Enchantments

*laughs maniacally*
You thought rolling on the gacha is hell. Poor fools, your suffering has just begun.
Enchantments are the true RNG hell in this game. Every time you apply one you receive stat bonuses on that piece of equipment, be it static or percentage values. But here is the problem; you cannot predict what you're getting and the amount of stat increases is completely random as well. That means one enchantment might give you +5% INT on an equipment for a physical Attacker (which is obviously useless for them) while the next one just adds 1 ATK point. On a different roll you might get a massive +10% ATK bonus on your go-to weapon.
Do you understand true pain now? The developers were insidious enough to name the daily enchantment quest "Daily Prayer to RNG".

In general percentage-based increases are more valuable as they scale with your Hero's progress. Static increases tend to be laughable after a couple of levels and even 1% increases will turn out to be a more stable benefit.
Higher rarity scrolls are more likely to give you stronger and multiple stat increases so it's very likely you're going to spent a lot of silver ore to get as many SR enchantment scrolls possible. Fortunately once this becomes relevant you will be able to melt down a lot of unnecessary SR equipment.
Never try to roll for 2 stats you will waste a lot of gold and scrolls through that and you cannot afford that if you're F2P. You do not get that much resources.

The 2nd aspect of enchantments are their resonance. There exists 13 different types and whether your Hero profits from them depends on how many equipment pieces have the same resonance type. 2 will offer a stat increase based on their color, all 4 equipment slots add a special effect unique to that specific resonance. Some of these effects are very useful to have while others tend to be gimmicks that aren't really worth the investment.
Red: +5% ATK & INT
Orange: +5% Crit
Green: +10% HP
Blue: +5% DEF & MDEF
One thing that most people do not consider is combining 2 types of resonance on a single character. You will lose the specific effect of a single resonance but it's possible to stack the stat increases of 2 different ones. e.g. you can get a total of +10% DEF & MDEF by putting 2 Crystal and 2 Hard Rock on your equipment. This is something you should consider on Heroes that use specific stats for their talent.
I'm going to say this beforehand; the orange resonances are useless. Crits are about as reliable as in Fire Emblem aka they are about as unreliable as it can get. None of their resonance effects are amazing either so you're better of choosing among the other 3 colors instead.

Clock
Effect: When dealing damage with a skill, 30% to decrease skill CD by 5
Recommended: Any Mage with AoE spells, Chris
This is another one of those impactful effects locked behind by pure chance. When it goes off you can immediately use that character's skill again which is extremly useful to spam AoE spells that tend to have high CD.

Magic
Effect: +10% skill damage, +15% for AoE skills
Recommended: Egbert, any Hero with AoE skills
Despite its name it will benefit regular skills like Sword Dance or Lightning. This is fairly useful for Egbert since he relies a lot on his AoE spells and it has its uses for Goblin hunting. Otherwise there are more versatile resonances available.

Full Moon
Effect: When HP is above 80%, +10% ATK & DEF
Recommended: Elwin, any ranged Attacker
Easily the best resonance for anyone who attacks from range. They usually do not take any damage from attacking, meaning it's a free stat increase and can help them to soak a hit at full HP if it comes to that.
Elwin on the other hand can keep his HP above the requirement fairly consistently, making it a good resonance to apply to him.

Rough Sea
Effect: When initiating combat, +10% damage increase and 15% damage reduction
Recommended Any Attacker
Number 1 resonance, especially for sweepers. You will see this on most of your Heroes.

Breeze
Effect: +10% damage increase, 30% chance to apply +2 movement
Recommended: Anyone with the skill "Gale"
Compared to any of the other Red enchantments this one is the least useful one as it's another chance-based effect with a rather questionable buff. There are some cheese tactics you can utilize with someone who has Gale, another chance-based skill, allowing for 1-turn clears on seize maps. If you're feeling lucky you can try this out but I advise against it.

Steel
Effect: 10% damage reduction
Despite having green resonance it's a good choice for Tanks who otherwise would prefer the DEF increase from a blue resonance. If you prefer consistency this is what you want to apply on your Tank's equipment.

Thorns
Effect: When attacked, 30% chance to reflect 50% of the received damage.
Recommended: Freya
The effect triggers against ranged attacks, too, potentially causing mages to suicide themselves on their own attacks. Still it's hardly reliable and only useful to troll opponents in Arena. Freya is about the only one who would dare to try this in a serious build but she would prefer to compensate her lack of damage reduction.

Tree of Life
Effect: +5% DEF & MDEF for all allies within 2 tiles.
Recommended: Any Tank or Healer*
By itself the increase isn't anything special and you get the same bonus if you choose a blue resonance while receiving another effect. If you're building your team around stacking though this it can be very effective to keep your Tank alive. Healers are the most likely candidate to stay beside them, making them the prime choice for this resonance.

Hard Rock
Effect: When HP is under 50%, 50% chance to heal 15% of Hero's HP after battle.
Compared to Steel this is less reliable but can also be much more effective between its color effect and constant healing. It has a pretty good chance to trigger as well so it's a good alternative.

Ice
Effect: When attacked, 20% chance to freeze (stun) enemy. Lasts 1 turn.
Recommened: None
Honestly this is awful. The effect triggering is very unlikely in the first place and a 1-turn stun is hardly worth it compared to any other effect that you might want to have on your Tank. Hard Rock and Steel are much better choices.

Crystal
Effect: +20% Healing
You might wonder why your friend's healer can heal so much more than your own. This is probably the reason for it. It's a massive increase and it's especially useful on someone who has Mass Healing. That being said if your Healer has enough INT then this can become a bit redundant. Nonetheless, especially early on you absolutely want this.

v1.1: Added equipment for Luna

9 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Oh, you guys might be in a rough awakening if you reach the Emerald Gate.

It was manageable but definitely harsh.

For your guide, that's some useful stuff! I hadn't realized how much worse daggers are compared to... Everything, but mainly the main competition that is bows. I was saving an sr dagger for when evetually build Dieharte to be an ambusher, but that's starting to feel unnecessary lol.

One correction though, Ledin can use the Oath Sword as Paladin as well. He and Chris have access to some equipment that normally aren't available to their unit types: Swords and heavy armor (and helmets) for Ledin, even when he's Paladin, and Chris gets leather...? light...? the armor (and helmets) normally only available to fliers, archers and water units even though she's a holy unit.

10 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Hide contents

The rule of thumb for F2P players is to not fuss about SSR equipment. If you look up some of them you will see some amazing effects on them but until you reach the final level cap you won't be able to upgrade them properly due to the rarity of Spirits and duplicates.
That's why you, my friends, should take good care of your SR equipment.

Thanks for the guide!

I'm curious about this one actually. You do get those red stones thingies from level 35+ dragons and from timeless trials. Since you can buy SSR spirits from those, a small handful of SSR equipment is viable, no? You don't have enough hammers to get equipment very high anyhow. My equipment is currently a mix of level 20 and 30s, but I don't have hammers to increase anything further so the shards haven't been an issue yet (level 42).

Anyway, I'm somehow stuck with a +healing staff on my Lana... Despite doing dragons every single day since release, all I ever got is two +healing SR staff. I have enough helmets to outfit an entire army, but staves or bows? Nyope. *sigh*

I remove what I said about Time Rifts being easier past level 40 after you got tier 3 troops. I managed to do Elite 5-1, but Elite 5-2 is a no-go at 3 stars. Too many units that agro at once in the last part of the stage, and every single one of them can 1-shot any of my units even without their troops (bar Freya, who can only block one due to block getting nullified). I can clear the stage, but not 3* it. I guess I am slightly low level for it (I was trying to unlock the farm spots so I could have the promotion items ready for everyone by level 45) but man, it's hard.

2 hours ago, Ayra said:

I remove what I said about Time Rifts being easier past level 40 after you got tier 3 troops. I managed to do Elite 5-1, but Elite 5-2 is a no-go at 3 stars. Too many units that agro at once in the last part of the stage, and every single one of them can 1-shot any of my units even without their troops (bar Freya, who can only block one due to block getting nullified). I can clear the stage, but not 3* it. I guess I am slightly low level for it (I was trying to unlock the farm spots so I could have the promotion items ready for everyone by level 45) but man, it's hard.

Oh no. Pls no. I still haven't gotten around to doing later Time Rift misions (decided to go back to clear Elite stages and beat a story map), but if this is how the Time Rift is then I really need to start upgrading my Lancer soldiers. They are still just level 7 (compared to my Archers who are level 6)! On the upside, I'm still really close to unlocking Angels! Soon... Soon...

Welp, I may have to start rethinking my roster. I still do not have a Luna, and if I don't get her today, I'll be without a Princess leader for my girls. Sure, there's a new heroine in the upcoming banner who also has a Princess faction buff, but I'm not that interested at the moment. So, what do...

Spoiler

Core Team

Sonya (Discount Leon) - Sonya is currently my MVP and mainstay cavalry unit. She can almost solo Bozel 45 by herself with Bone Rhinos if the map is right (the purple lake map with the 3 Infantry and 3 Demons). Apparently a lot of people do not appreciate her at end-game where she has difficulty ramping up due to bosses and inflated stats, but at the moment she is performing extremely well for me.

Cherie (GALEFORCE!) - Cherie has her moments. Sometimes she is amazing and does crazy things. Other times Cherie does something extremely stupid and just lets herself get killed. Still, as she has the 2nd highest DPS in the game and the ability to act again, she still has a solid spot on my team. Hopefully Angels will help Cherie's performance.

Liana (Again, Again, Gospel) - Mainstay healer. Again is amazing, Gospel works wonderfully due to its Immunity effect as well as buffs since I'm not running a Faction Leader, and her heals are just all-around useful.

Lana (Magical Nuke) - Man, I'm loving Lana. She has great AoE and single-target damage. I can't wait to unlock Sorceresses for her so she can do more crazy stuff. However, I do wonder if I should swap out the Clock enchant for Magic. Spamming Dark Scythe and Blizzard is somewhat fun, but relies a bit too much on RNG for my liking.

Backup

Freya (Thorns Tank) - The only invested tank I have. While I do own Vargas (and he is annoying to fight in Arena), I was raising Freya since she is part of the Princess faction. Her actual damage output is lacking, but when all the Barbs proc, it is a sight to see.

Chris (Demon Slayer) - Chris. That is all.

Hein (Teleport Guy) - Hein can eventually be a discount Lana, but he desperately needs more Star Ranks.

Reserves

Laird (Original MVP) - Green Helmet is starting to see the light of day again since I'm hearing he's a hidden SSR. The reason for this is not Laird himself (since his R stats suck). No, it is Laird leading his soldiers into battle. With Laird's buffs (Knight's Faith) and support for his men (Hero Boost), they will do tons of damage and make up for Laird himself. He is still seen as a single use unit though...
Best comparison is probably comparing Laird to FGO's Arash. Use Laird to handle one troublesome enemy and he's basically done. (If Laird can make it back to safety and heal, he'll delete another enemy for you.)

Bernhardt (Empire Leader) - Bernhardt has somewhat fallen off in terms of usage, but that may change once I get Dark Guards from the Infantry Training Grounds. I love the guy and want to use him more, but I just haven't built up his equipment or kept him up to par with the girls. Also, since I don't have Luna, I can use Bernhardt to keep Sonya buffed, although Bozel may be better since he buffs both Sonya and Lana... (Man, it is easy to confuse names. Lana vs Luna, Almeda vs Imelda...)

Matthew (Protagonist Guy) - I keep changing my mind if I want to raise Bernhardt or Matthew as my Infantry unit since I do not have Elwin or Ledin. Matthew gets Angels and has ATK Command, but he desperately wants Boots which is currently glued to my Liana.
That aside, a part of me is now wondering if Ranger is actually okay for Matthew, and this is because of the Firebrand Snipers. This will be super late-game though as I have lots of other things to focus on first. Then there are those Runestone costs...

Bozel (Dark Leader) - I have the crystals to summon Bozel, but I'm still debating if I actually should. He'll help out with his debuffs and can buff Lana and Sonya who are mainstays on my team. Main reason I'm holding back is to see if Bozel shows up via gacha summoning. If he does, I should be able to upgrade his Star Rank which will help him immensely.
"Why not summon Bozel now and farm the Gates of Fate?" I'm focusing on Liana, Lana, and Cherie at the moment and there are limited amount of GoF runs a day. Then I want to raise Bernhardt.

12 hours ago, Sylphid said:

One correction though, Ledin can use the Oath Sword as Paladin as well. He and Chris have access to some equipment that normally aren't available to their unit types: Swords and heavy armor (and helmets) for Ledin, even when he's Paladin, and Chris gets leather...? light...? the armor (and helmets) normally only available to fliers, archers and water units even though she's a holy unit.

... I always forget that both Ledin and Chris have that weird trait of being able to use 2 types of armor. I corrected that, thanks.

10 hours ago, Ayra said:

I'm curious about this one actually. You do get those red stones thingies from level 35+ dragons and from timeless trials. Since you can buy SSR spirits from those, a small handful of SSR equipment is viable, no? You don't have enough hammers to get equipment very high anyhow.

You should have your entire gear for your main roster capped at 30 now and that's where your hammer should go. Time Rift 6 (aka Langrisser I Prelude) gives you the gold gems for the next star upgrade (which increases it to 40).
Considering that SSR ore is kinda hard to obtain and tedious (the one from the daily bonus is really small, TT is only once per week) you are very much limited to 1-2 SSRs at most and that's assuming you actually get something you're willing to invest to. Last Knight is ok, Aeneas' gear is not worth the cost compared to its SR alternatives. The Spirits costs 300 ore each and each are only a single star upgrade.
Comparatively upgrading SR gear is much faster and less costly since you can get a lot of mediocre copies that you can melt down for Spirits or SR enhancement.

got Bozel from the event. Rolled Egbert, finally.

Got Silverwolf and Chris shards from the gacha. nice.

I'm seriously considering just pumping the living fuck out of an Empire lineup of Bernhardt/Leon/Vargas/Imelda/Egbert/Sonya. But then I remember I could also do a princess faction team too....

Considering I've been trying to write guides, create builds for personal use, and end up researching most of the stuff myself, I decided to start contributing to the Langrisser Wiki. I'll finish up my Cavalry Substitute Guide on Reddit and then just maintain the other guides I have on there. The rest of the time will be trying to transform the Wiki into something actually useful...

For what I've been working on: https://langrisser.gamepedia.com/Max_Stat_Table

I figured if I was going to theorycraft each individual character on my own (as part of a guide or otherwise), I might as well make it public and document it on the Wiki. EN documentation is solely lacking and difficult to find. Hopefully by contributing to the Wiki we'll have players come out with some fun and crazy stuff!

Serenes Langrisser Mobile Friend List

I also figured I might as well start maintaining one of these for this topic alongside FGO. I think there is a "Group" function ingame that is separate from Guilds and may work for cross-server chats and stuff. I'll look into that once the maintenance is over and I get some sleep.

Spoiler

If I missed anyone, need to make a correction, or remove you from the list, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note: Servers dictate friends that give points as well as what guilds you can join. You can still play with players from other servers (even if they have your same name!).

[UPDATE LOG - February 21st, 2019]
-- Corrected LuxSpecs -> LuxSpes
-- Added Soledai
-- Changed Layout (Sorted by Severs, then Forum Name [Game Name])

Baldea
Magus of Memery (Ren)
Soledai (Aldreus Borgond)
Thokk Patrol (Czarpy)

Carmen City
Sire (Sire)

Rayguard
Sylphid (Sylphid)

Roga Valley
LuxSpes (LuxSpes)

Salrath
fOrEiGn sOUl (Python FE 15)
Shrimperor (Shrimpy)

Edited by Sire
Updates

Luck was definitely on my side today. Got both Angelina and Shelfanil in my summons, and plenty of crystals left over, so I'll be saving for the focus banners, then Landius after that. Also Imelda and Kirikaze came along.

@Sire If you don't mind adding me, I'm Aldreus Borgond, Baldea server.

Edited by Soledai

So this new update seems to have added a bunch of nice quality of life changes, which I really appreciate. Being able to change skills in unit selection is a particularly huge one, but personal favorite is being able to favorite equipment in the actual inventory menu instead of only when equipping them. They also buffed some equipments and skills, the ones I noticed are Leon's Chivalry granting him HP regen and Sage Hat granting adjacent ally debuff immunities (Mobility down immunity, Take that Ram!Cavalry!). I'm not sure how to feel about Again being renamed Act Again though.

13 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

... I always forget that both Ledin and Chris have that weird trait of being able to use 2 types of armor. I corrected that, thanks.

It really is weird. I first noticed it with Ledin and thought characters could equip armors from their other class paths, but then Chris only has Holy classes anyways. I wonder if there are any other characters, released or unreleased, with that trait.

@Soledaisent you a friend request. There are a lot of Aldreuses on Baldea it seems like.

EDIT: Oh right, game progress. I was finally able to clear 5-3 and 5-4 elites so I can start sweeping for class upgrades for Liana, Lana and Ledin. Also managed to pull Altemuller before his banner went away so that's great (I love his hair!). Will be a while before I can invest in him though.

Edited by Sylphid