Langrisser M General

redlight

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some rolls on the Twin Princess banner and I managed to get Shelfaniel, which I'm pretty happy about since I now have some flexibility in who I choose as my buffer for my team and I finally have a magic user for my faction. Decided to do one last roll after it and while I didn't get Angelina or another Shelfaniel, I somehow got Leon. I guess I now have someone to replace Sonya if she falls short on certain maps. 

I'm gonna stop for now, since I cannot not be satisfied with those results and the only SSR I'm missing for the princess faction, Lana and Angelina, will be featured on Focus banners (probably and hopefully in March) where they'll be the only units I'm missing, meaning I'm pretty much guaranteed to get them if I roll a SSR. Might also whale for the Echo of Light with the Shelfaniel and Angelina costume whenever it's released on my server (it's delayed on most recent servers since the previous Echo of Light is still running). 

@Sire I was looking at the friend code list you posted and I want to correct my name. You listed me as "LuxSpecs", but my name (both here and in-game) is spelled "LuxSpes".

[@Sire] I'm Ayra on the Dalsis server.

I'm kind of struggling in deciding if I was lucky or not with my rolls: I had about 120 attempts saved and I did get two SSRs. Those were two Liana, who I already had.

On one hand, Angelina is one of my favorite character in the franchise, and in this game she can go serpent master; I always loved unusual class like this so I would have loved to get her.

On the other hand, Liana is critically important to my team and I already have a full princess team (I'd have made space for Angelina somehow). Coincidally, I also hit 50 shards from the Gates of Fate today, so it meant two whole star upgrades at once. They make a substancial difference in her healing at end of turn (higher stats + much higher heal modifier + higher range) so it's a super useful upgrade. It also saved me 50 whole days of getting shards for her.

So yeah. Wanted Angelina, but I got something that is probably more useful and "powerful" for me instead. I guess I should feel happy to have at least got something useful to me!

I really appreciate the new update regarding the Sacred Realm: the power boost you get from doing already-completed missions is pretty substantial, enough to be able to auto previously beaten content. I'm not sure if it will hold up to the level 45+ things (haven't done those yet), but it's a big time saver especially as far as the dragon and bonds. Still annoying that you have to still waste physical time waiting for your phone to complete the stages, but at least it cuts on the required time and tediousness.

On a less tedious front, finally managed to 3* 5-3 elite. Was a fun challenge and I had to tweak my approach a few times to manage it. Only 5-4 to go before I have access to all the level 45 upgrades material; I haven't tried it yet on elite but I recall the standard stage to be one of the harder and longer one.

There was a Serenes Forest Group Chat in-game yesterday, but that's not appearing for me anymore today. What happened? I wasn't dreaming right?

@Ayra I understand the feeling, having good SSR rate while not getting what you wanted is always cause for strongly mixed feelings. Even more so with duplicates. Personally I'm contemplating trying to get Shelfaniel or saving for future banners.

I find Liana's first star upgrade particularly important, since the increased range to her talent really eases up positioning. Though after I got mine up to four stars I've ben focusing Cherie and Lana. Rest of the points I've been putting to Ledin and Luna if I'm sweeping, though I also like to get first clears on a lot of characters since there's a bunch of rewards there; the initial 5 shards from the stages we sweep for shards later, and every hero's 5th stage seems to give a piece of SR equipment on first clear.

pulled Shelfaniel. Kinda want Angelina for marine purposes, since Pierre/Lester require an obnoxious amount of shards to hit 6*s.

So uhhh. The princess faction is supposed to be a whale faction, right?

@Sylphid You need to go into the Friends tab and then go to the Group tab and select the SF group. I had the same thought yesterday, but I managed to find it there.

Regarding Liana, I'm currently focusing on getting her to 4 stars for that exact reason. 2 range on her passive would give me way more flexibility with positioning. I'm also try to give Shelfaniel 2 runs a day since getting her to 4 stars increases her passive's cooldown reduction from 1 to 2. Getting her to 6 stars for that -3 cooldown would be awesome in conjunction with Liana's Act Again. Luna's also getting 2 shards a day, but that's mostly favoritism.

@Thokk Patrol It is since all its key players are SSRs, but that didn't stop me from somehow getting nearly all of them (only missing Lana and Angelina as far as SSR are concerned and if Sophia and Liffany show up eventually, I'll have all the princess units).

And to me getting Liana to level 4 stars precedence on leveling Tiaris. Tiaris only gets a 10% increase to the proc rate of her passive at 4 stars while Liana gets a range increase on her passive, which is much more impactful. After that though, increasing Liana only increases her heal rate (from 1.5 her Int at 3 stars to 3 times her int at 6 stars) but she gets another huge upgrade at 6 stars since she heals 2 debuffs instead of 1, while Tiaris gets 20% increases until she reaches a 100% proc rate at 6 stars, with the heal remaining 3x her int. . 

@LuxSpes I noticed that yesterday, the thing is SF group isn't in the dropdown menu where it was yesterday...  Well never min I'm just dumb and can't read. I see the group chat again.

And that cooldown reduction on Shelfaniel sounds really nice, I kind of want her lol.

As for Liana, clearing 2 debuffs sounds nice too, but having 6* upgrades feels so distant right now. Tiaris seems like someone whose single upgrades aren't that impressive but they build up to be amazing at 6*.

Edited by Sylphid

Btw, how's Matthew as Strike Master? Good enough to replace Royal Knight Dieharte? Dieharte not being in my faction is ugh, bleh

Also, the game has been pulling more and more asshole-ish tricks lately <.<

I really hate it when they surprise the player without saying anything

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

@Thokk Patrol It is since all its key players are SSRs, but that didn't stop me from somehow getting nearly all of them (only missing Lana and Angelina as far as SSR are concerned and if Sophia and Liffany show up eventually, I'll have all the princess units).

And to me getting Liana to level 4 stars precedence on leveling Tiaris. Tiaris only gets a 10% increase to the proc rate of her passive at 4 stars while Liana gets a range increase on her passive, which is much more impactful. After that though, increasing Liana only increases her heal rate (from 1.5 her Int at 3 stars to 3 times her int at 6 stars) but she gets another huge upgrade at 6 stars since she heals 2 debuffs instead of 1, while Tiaris gets 20% increases until she reaches a 100% proc rate at 6 stars, with the heal remaining 3x her int. . 

i'm literally just missin lana and angelina too. 

I'm finished with my equipment & enchantment guide. Take a look if you want.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, how's Matthew as Strike Master? Good enough to replace Royal Knight Dieharte? Dieharte not being in my faction is ugh, bleh

Both have Strike and Move Again which allows for Hit&Run tactics vital to this class but Dieharte has Thousand Hooves which is one of the most powerful skills in the game. Matthew in comparision has nothing to match that except Air Slash which is much weaker.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, the game has been pulling more and more asshole-ish tricks lately <.<

I really hate it when they surprise the player without saying anything

Matthew might be able to replace Diehardt if you want to be on-faction, but Matthew will want to be an SR rank (basically do the Time Rift missions until Matthew upgrades his rarity through getting more stars).
Honestly, I've been doing well enough not using faction buffs (Liana's Gospel helps with that). I still want to save up for the next banner which is the Focus banners (guaranteed 5* focus hero if you don't own them - first SSR pull only). I really need Luna, but I don't have Tiaris. Tiaris is amazing (%Damage & %Damage Reduction is insane, and her talent healing is nice), but I like Liana more and don't want a Tiaris spook. Then I would love to have any of the other three (Elwin, Ledin, Leon). Personally leaning towards Leon because Leon OP, but Elwin is a great Infantry Leader and Ledin is a great Tank Leader.

As for the BS tricks, yeah the game loves to do that. I'm honestly considering dropping $1 on that Rewind clock (think Mila's Turnwheel from Shadows of Valentia) just so I don't have to worry too much about this stuff. Rewinding a turn helps deal with this nonsense and may help reduce mistakes as well as being more efficient.

Serenes Langrisser Mobile Friend List

Spoiler

If I missed anyone, need to make a correction, or remove you from the list, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note: Servers dictate friends that give points as well as what guilds you can join. You can still play with players from other servers (even if they have your same name!).

[UPDATE LOG - February 22nd, 2019]
-- Added Ayra

Baldea
Magus of Memery (Ren)
Soledai (Aldreus Borgond)
Thokk Patrol (Czarpy)

Carmen City
Sire (Sire)

Dalsis
Ayra (Ayra)

Rayguard
Sylphid (Sylphid)

Roga Valley
LuxSpes (LuxSpes)

Salrath
fOrEiGn sOUl (Python FE 15)
Shrimperor (Shrimpy)

30 minutes ago, Sire said:

Honestly, I've been doing well enough not using faction buffs

I have a hard time while using them lmao xD

32 minutes ago, Sire said:

(basically do the Time Rift missions until Matthew upgrades his rarity through getting more stars).

he's already 3* with me. 4* will take a while so since Time Rift 4 and up aren't exactly easy xD (i am at 4-6 Normal/3-1Elite atm)

30 minutes ago, Sire said:

guaranteed 5* focus hero if you don't own them - first SSR pull only

Weeeeeeeeeelp

31 minutes ago, Sire said:

I'm honestly considering dropping $1 on that Rewind clock

doesn't that last for only 1 month tho?

46 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

doesn't that last for only 1 month tho?

Yeah, but it's probably one of the best investments. It is just a dollar a month, you get more out of this dollar than spending it at a vending machine (and probably cheaper too!).

Speaking of Joint Battles, for Angelica's Guardians, just abuse the tile ambush system.

1: Clear first group.
2: Trigger 1st ambush, clear them.
3: Put a unit on the 2nd ambush tile trigger, leave them there.
4: Clear final boss group.
5: Regroup for 2nd ambush.
6: Clear 2nd ambush and win.

This is brought to you by MagusofMemery and people of the Langrisser Discord. I failed 3 JB and am a bit ticked off because Anjelica is a complete idiot who will suicide onto enemy units...

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Looked through it, looks good! I've had no idea what to do with those Scryers so I've just been using them as enchant slots for my goblin mage squad. Didn't think of giving them to tanks.

Something you might want to add since you have the MDef equipments for Bozel, is similar things for Luna (who has an activatable skill that replaces her attack with 150% of her MDef). These would be:

• Emerald lance: +2% MDef
  • Barrier lance: +3% MDef when above 80% HP
  • Oak Jacket: +3% MDef when above 80% HP
  • Feathered Light Armor: +2% MDef
  • Oak Crown: +3% MDef when above 80% HP
  • Feathered hat: MDef+2%

That said since she isn't available for free like Bozel, I understand if you don't want to add a lot of unit-specific equipments. There's another accessory with +MDef skill (but not MDef from stats) in case there's not enough Greaves to go around for tanks and Bozel and Luna, though I don't remember its name.

On a personal note, the one place I use Breeze enchants in is potentially cutting a turn in some of those map events where you have to reach a chest, in addition to using Teleport shenigans. The one with two bridges comes to mind where it actually achieved this.

@Sire I hate that Angelica map lol. I remember noticing one time there seems to be specific points on the map she triggers the reinforcements in, but I never figured out what those were. That said, it's been ages since I last did any of them Joint Battles.

3 hours ago, Sylphid said:

@Sire I hate that Angelica map lol. I remember noticing one time there seems to be specific points on the map she triggers the reinforcements in, but I never figured out what those were. That said, it's been ages since I last did any of them Joint Battles.

1st ambush is the diagonal plain tile between the main forest and the small "tree forest."
2nd ambush is 1 tile away from the southern "tree forest." (next to the path) // Not the adjacent tile, but the tile after that.

6 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Guide looks great and fine to me! No objections here.

@SylphidSame. It's basically a RNG-less clock enchantment in some way. At 4 star, her single target will have no cooldown and most of her AoE will only have 1 turn of downtime. And that's how I feel about Tiaris. Guaranteed heals after every battle is great, but the difference between 2 levels isn't amazing, especially the difference between 3 and 4 stars. 

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Matthew might be able to replace Diehardt if you want to be on-faction, but Matthew will want to be an SR rank (basically do the Time Rift missions until Matthew upgrades his rarity through getting more stars).
Honestly, I've been doing well enough not using faction buffs (Liana's Gospel helps with that). I still want to save up for the next banner which is the Focus banners (guaranteed 5* focus hero if you don't own them - first SSR pull only). I really need Luna, but I don't have Tiaris. Tiaris is amazing (%Damage & %Damage Reduction is insane, and her talent healing is nice), but I like Liana more and don't want a Tiaris spook. Then I would love to have any of the other three (Elwin, Ledin, Leon). Personally leaning towards Leon because Leon OP, but Elwin is a great Infantry Leader and Ledin is a great Tank Leader.

As for the BS tricks, yeah the game loves to do that. I'm honestly considering dropping $1 on that Rewind clock (think Mila's Turnwheel from Shadows of Valentia) just so I don't have to worry too much about this stuff. Rewinding a turn helps deal with this nonsense and may help reduce mistakes as well as being more efficient.

Serenes Langrisser Mobile Friend List

Reveal hidden contents

If I missed anyone, need to make a correction, or remove you from the list, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note: Servers dictate friends that give points as well as what guilds you can join. You can still play with players from other servers (even if they have your same name!).

[UPDATE LOG - February 22nd, 2019]
-- Added Ayra

Baldea
Magus of Memery (Ren)
Soledai (Aldreus Borgond)
Thokk Patrol (Czarpy)

Carmen City
Sire (Sire)

Dalsis
Ayra (Ayra)

Rayguard
Sylphid (Sylphid)

Roga Valley
LuxSpes (LuxSpes)

Salrath
fOrEiGn sOUl (Python FE 15)
Shrimperor (Shrimpy)

Seeing Diehardt mentioned always gives me mixed feelings since I joined too late to get him for free and while I can manage fine without him as a unit, he's necessary for me to max out Luna's bonds. This complete gacha situation where you need another SSR to unlock bond levels is probably the thing I like the least about the game at the moment. 

Your comment just made me realize that with me already having Ledin and my Leon spook, the focus banner with Ledin, Elwin and Leon has become my best chance at getting Elwin. Depending on how hard it is to get Lana from her Focus banner, I might spend on him so I'll have a SSR Infantry.

And as someone who has the Clock, it's definitely worth the investment. I already used it time and time again to undo poor decision or even to correct mistakes like pressing "stand" by accident when I meant to attack or forgetting to use my faction buff with Luna. I also got the +1 Aniki and Dragon daily bonus and +50 crystals per day because I'm shameless.

am i the only one here who's having fun raising Lewin?

do we have a character guide yet? I've been bouncing between Matthew, Lewin, Kirikaze, and Bernhardt as my infantry dudes depending on the need

Edited by Thokk Patrol

6 minutes ago, Thokk Patrol said:

am i the only one here who's having fun raising Lewin?

do we have a character guide yet? I've been bouncing between Matthew, Lewin, Kirikaze, and Bernhardt as my infantry dudes depending on the need

I haven't touched Lewin yet, but I heard he's currently the best unit in the game to face the Thunder Dragon until Elwin gets a buff. 

As far as character guide is concerned, this one seems solid enough, though it's currently builds for the SSR units plus Egbert and Vargas, though the writer is still updating it. He also made a guide for factions

Something I noticed today: If you clear a stage in Secret Realm for first time to get the Secret Realm Blessing, you also get it for the lower level versions of that stage. On the other hand, different maps of the same daily challenge count separately for Secret Blessing (I probably should have realized this with the aniki stages, but didn't really think about it until I noticed the buffs I unlocked the previous day for Angelica's training and Bonding Realm weren't there the next day).

What this means is that if you solo clear today's Bonding Realm level 40, you also get Secret Realm Blessings for the earlier levels. However, you will have to solo clear tomorrow's Bond Realm level 40 again as it'll be a different map. Presumably you retain the buff for next time the maps cycle back to today's, since that's how it works on Aniki and Goddess trial.

13 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I haven't touched Lewin yet, but I heard he's currently the best unit in the game to face the Thunder Dragon until Elwin gets a buff. 

As far as character guide is concerned, this one seems solid enough, though it's currently builds for the SSR units plus Egbert and Vargas, though the writer is still updating it. He also made a guide for factions

i would argue that Sophia is potentially A- since Rewind is a pretty good unique skill.

4 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

i would argue that Sophia is potentially A- since Rewind is a pretty good unique skill.

My guess as to why she isn't A- is that Rewind has a 5 turn cooldown while Liana's Again only has a two turn cooldown. But I'm not the one who made the list nor do I have Sophia, so I can't say much more on the matter.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So, for some reason, prices in the EU are 25% more expensive...

0.99$ is somehow 1.09€ (which is equal to 1.24$)

That's strange. It is slightly more expensive in Canada (a 0.99USD pack should translate to 1.30CAD but is instead 1.39CAD), but that's a 6.5% increase in price, not something a 25% one.