Langrisser M General

redlight

37 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I finally managed to solo the level 40 flier Aniki, which allowed me to do the level 45. I walked away with 4 rainbow books, which allowed me to finally get Angels unlocked. This should be a big power boost for Cherie who was still using tier 2 troops. Not sure what to do with the 3 remaining books. I could unlock Gargoyles and Holy Pegasus, but I don't know is I should rather keep them to upgrade the Angels instead (if they need Rainbow books down the line that is. Right they only need gold material). Edit : Accidentally used one for the Gargoyles when I tried to check who could use them. The answer : none of the units I have leveled have use for them.

@Sylphid Like Ayra said, the free SSR dagger is the best weapon for an archer Luna until you get Ullr's Bow, a SSR bow that increases troop range by 1, meaning Luna can run Griffon Knights or Heavensguards to attack at range, which is much stronger than using Demon Hunters.

Congrats on clearing the Aniki level! Angels were a huge power up for me.

As for the books, IIRC later levels of some of the later skills (like the one just before angels on that branch) take them, so I imagine after some levels in them, angels will as well. Funny thing, I also accidentally unlocked Gargoyles. But I do have Altemuller who uses them... Whenever he gets leveled.

And wow being able to use melee soldiers to attack at distance sounds really nice. Here's hoping I can get that bow! Probably not worth it to buy the random SSR weapons from store though lol.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I really am falling behind in the Time Rift and Story missions. I keep focusing on leveling up side characters so I can use them in Guild Battles instead... (Also, a note on Guild Battles: For the Guild Rewards due to progression percentage, you only get the highest tier of reward, not all of them. I didn't know this and made a miscalculation on my Guild Points. Getting my Runestone will be cutting it close, but luckily the guild I'm in is pretty awesome with an active "vice leader." He'll probably replace the original after a while.)

Main reason I want to progress in the Time Rift is so I can start upgrading my gear again. I'm seeing some heroes on Co-Op that have better stats than mine, so it looks like my equipment is falling behind.

Good news is that I'm starting to level up my lesser-used troops. I leveled up Lancers a fair amount (had to use a Gym Daily for Bronze Mats), and now I have to see who else needs Bronze and Silver materials before I start doing 45+ where Silvers no longer exist. From experience, I believe Bronze is best farmed at 30 while Silvers at 40.

Flipped a coin and decided to incorporate Egbert into my finalized roster. The lack of a Sage Staff or Galaxy Staff hurts though (my only copy is on Imelda) so he is currently using a Scorching Staff. I think until his Talent really shines he needs a higher star rating as its current damage output is pitiful.

Spoiler

Bernhardt - Emperor
Soldiers: Dark Guard
Skills:
- Imperial Power (formely known as Imperial Might)
- Sword Dance
- Sever

Leon - Strike Master
Soldiers: Angel
Skills:
- Smash (I might invest some stamina and a Runestone for Thousand Hooves)
- Chivalry
- Legion

Vargas - Royal Vanguard
Soldiers: Lava Titan
Skills:
- Unbreakable Guardian
- Heavy Shield
- Last Stand

Liana - Prophet
Soldiers: Bishop (someday I will get Shrine Maidens for her; not after these draining Aniki sessions)
Skills:
- Heal
- Again
- Prayer

Altemuller - Dragon Master
Soldiers: Gargoyles
Skills:
- Tactical Mastery
- Raging Thunder/Dragon Breath
- Healing

Imelda - Queen
Soldiers: Wizard (I'm far away from unlocking Firebrand Archers for her)
Skills:
- Freeze Strike
- Blizzard or Mass Heal (Blizzard for Arena, Mass Heal for Co-Op)
- Force Heal

Egbert - Dark Master
Soldiers: Hellfire Archer
Skills:
- Fireball
- Dry Up (formely known as Silence)
- Forget/Acid Burns (PvE mobs usually don't have passive skills)

Varna - Ranger
Soldiers: Dark Elf Sniper (like Imelda I'm far away from Lv 12 to unlock the Sky Archers for her)
Skills:
- Thousand Arrows
- Aim
- DEF Support (L)

Future projects:
- Leticia
- Elwin (if I manage to get him on the focus banner)
- (Hein) (only if I get Elwin; that way I can start to branch off to the Glory faction with these two, Cherie, Liana and maybe Aaron)
- (Bozel) (only if I somehow get Lana)

The more I play this game though I increasingly notice the sloppy translation. Some things are ok, others are awful like Altemuller's GoF. In some cases it's so botched that you don't even understand the whole context of it anymore. That shouldn't be a thing.
Never mind that large parts of the english VA don't match with the actual text and some characters like Sonya or Varna still lack an actual voice in english. Especially this is something I wonder how this can happen since the VA surely got a script to follow.
I really hope they polish that up.

Edited by Magus of Memery

Since I don't think I'm gonna be able to get this month's guild Runestone, I used a bit of guild points to get Luna her level 45 Bow Master level. So I now have tier 3 units for both Pegasus Master and Bow Master. Allows me to be more flexible. I can have her go full offensive as a Bow Master with Shelfaniel as the faction buffer or have her as a pegasus master and use her buff and wind pressure to deal chip AoE damage. 

Also not impressed by the guy who brought two level 20s, including our only healer, to the level 32 guild battle and then decided to auto. He seemed to be really active, but that's seems like asking to be kicked out of the guild. 

Edited by LuxSpes

I decided to get Bernhardt his Rupture skill first instead of spending guild marks on getting Leon his thousand hooves.

It has been a worthwhile decision tbh. Leon's still strong as shit and can wait a few days anyways.

@Sire Turns out I was made into Vice leader so I took initiative and used the forfeit option myself :ph34r: I feel bad for doing it without permission from guild leader but also he/she hadn't commented at all in the chat when me and the other person brought it up.

19 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

The more I play this game though I increasingly notice the sloppy translation. Some things are ok, others are awful like Altemuller's GoF. In some cases it's so botched that you don't even understand the whole context of it anymore. That shouldn't be a thing.

Yeah it's really noticable in a lot of places. Can't say for Altemuller's Gate of Fate, but even in the main story there have been some lines that made no sense. For me the biggest offender is the forfeit button that says you won't get Guild War points for using the option though, since that's directly affecting people getting their rewards from the new mode (especially bad because it was released so close to end of February and there's the monthly runestone)

18 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

I went the royal knight route for leon since getting thousand hooves asap was a better idea imo.

I went for Strike Master first since Chivalry's additional stats and movement felt more important to me than a 5 cd attack skill. Then again I'm constantly using him out of faction so the stats in particular are extra valuable for me.

10 hours ago, Sylphid said:

@Sire Turns out I was made into Vice leader so I took initiative and used the forfeit option myself :ph34r: I feel bad for doing it without permission from guild leader but also he/she hadn't commented at all in the chat when me and the other person brought it up.

Yeah it's really noticable in a lot of places. Can't say for Altemuller's Gate of Fate, but even in the main story there have been some lines that made no sense. For me the biggest offender is the forfeit button that says you won't get Guild War points for using the option though, since that's directly affecting people getting their rewards from the new mode (especially bad because it was released so close to end of February and there's the monthly runestone)

I went for Strike Master first since Chivalry's additional stats and movement felt more important to me than a 5 cd attack skill. Then again I'm constantly using him out of faction so the stats in particular are extra valuable for me.

Bernhardt's faction buff is like a drug here.

So, the Luna/Lana/Tiaris focus banner is here! Hoping good luck for everyone pulling in it, I did but got no SSRs.

9 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

Bernhardt's faction buff is like a drug here.

Yeah if you have a faction buff that's definitely better.

7 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

So, the Luna/Lana/Tiaris focus banner is here! Hoping good luck for everyone pulling in it, I did but got no SSRs.

Yeah if you have a faction buff that's definitely better.

oh for sure.

anyways gonna roll on the new banner until i pull the guaranteed ssr since the one i don't have from the banner is Lana. 

Went for the new Princess banner (have Lana). I needed Luna. I got Tiaris... // Kept rolling anyway to try and get Varna as an SR. I got Liffany instead.

So, 4-ten pulls down the drain. I already have Liana so Tiaris is not as useful to me at the moment, while Varna was desired as a character. Liffany can be good with her Talent, but her INT is naturally low (Why is Liffany an SR unit but she has R stats?)

Currently torn on whether to keep trying for Luna (next show she appears the "worst SSR" duo will be available for spooks) or save up for the guys. I could use Elwin the most (Dragonslayer), with Leon second (Leon OP). Ledin can replace Grenier.

My gacha urges overtook me and I already regret it.
Goal was Lana but instead Tiaris showed up. There go all of my savings for the Elwin - Ledin - Leon focus.

tbf she showed up with only 80 pulls so that's a plus.

Well the Princess Banner showed up earlier than if we followed the CN schedule. Went for it since I my first SSR was guaranteed to be Lana. Got her on my third multi, but I also managed to snag Sophia and Liffany, who were the only SR I was missing. I also have the full Princess Faction now sans Angelina, but I'm gonna wait for whenever her Focus banner with Cherie and Liana is released since I'll be guaranteed to get her there if I roll an SSR, while I could get a spook or a duplicate Shelf on the current banner. 

Also, I tried Lana in the Arena for her Bond Power unlock and I now understand why the Princess Faction is considered so busted in PvP. With Shelfaniel and Lana dropping AoE attacks with Luna's Faction Buff, I could shave half the of the HP of the entire opposing team without retaliation, remove some of their buffs, and disable their tank. Luna could then kill one and cause more AoE damage before Cherie came in to clean up 2 others. And that's without Black Hole or Heaven's Sanction. 

Edited by LuxSpes

@LuxSpes I've enjoyed Lana making things easy in PvP. Dark Hole, Again and Blizzard make short work of a lot of things.

Also right after daily reset I'm able to exchange a Rune Stone and make Luna into a Bow master! Looking forward to it. I think I'll also be able to get Ledin those Phalanx soldiers so he can stop getting killed by every cavalry.

@Thokk Patrol I'm guessing that's one of those character specific bond items? Some of those are... Weird, to say the least. I got a "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" (the info blurb called it light novel) that gave bonus intimacy to... Rohga...

Meanwhile Liana and Lana really like white and black cats.

I thought World Arena counted for the Arena Feat, and since I was 11 matches away from getting 600 Honor points, I decided to try it out. It's really unbalanced. I'm currently level 43 and I got put up against level 37 and level 47 opponents. It's also nerve-wracking, so I don't think I'll be doing it too much, even if the rewards are great. 

Also, I got a SSR drop from the thunder dragon today, which happened to be the Assault Headgear, the best SSR helmet for Luna, which I also happened to 4 star today. Shelfaniel also reached 4 stars, but that was because I was weak and tried to go for Angelina again. Disappointed I didn't get her, but -2 Cooldown on all active damage skills is great for Shelfaniel. Her single target spell now has no cooldown and her AoE only has 1 turn of downtime. 

Excited to reach level 44 tomorrow since I'll be able to get my units to 45 and start working on their next class upgrade. Getting Prayer for Liana would be great. 

And while looking around on the CN wiki, I found out that Freya eventually gets another tier 3 class, Valkyrie,  the same class as Chris. I can't find the units she gets from that, but she apparently gets Iron Maiden and Dedication. I know Dedication from Ledin, but I have no idea what Iron Maiden does. Kind of nice that she gets a buff since I like using her despite Ledin being the superior tank. 

So I kept rolling on the Princess Banner in hopes of getting Luna. (Recap: I have Lana. Hoped for Luna, got Tiaris.) I got an SSR. It's Tiaris. Again. IHAVELIANADAMNITWHYYOUSHOWUP

If we were to look on the bright side of life, at least healers are always useful for Guild Battles. Tiaris is good for enemy phase because her talent can proc after every engagement, but Langrisser is more player-phase focused. Tiaris also has Attacking Blessing and Miracle which is great if you need to hit something really, really hard. (But I really needed Luna for the faction buff! I suppose I'm sticking with Bozel, Lana, Sonya // Liana [Gospel], and Cherie for now.)
- - - - -
Anyways, I'm gonna stop with the Princess Banner so I can save for the "Three Guys Banner." I may save up for the next lotto event as well as it (presumably) has a Luna skin that looked pretty good from the previews. Leon, while OP, requires investment and I have Sonya for now. Elwin will carry me through Thunder Dragon although I am starting to raise Lewin. So, Ledin is probably my best choice so I can properly bench Grenier. // After that, a part of me wants to get Zerida. Then, the plan is to get my guaranteed Altemuller because I have Bozel and Bernhardt already.

Man, why does raising heroes take so much class materials? I wonder if I'll feel relieved once I max out my main team in terms of class mats (although then I need to focus on SSR Gear, optimal enchant values, and Bond Bonuses)...

After realizing my current team lacks a way to deal with the Thunder Dragon, I decided to try for the upcoming Ledin/Elwin/Leon banner since it's my best chance to get Elwin. Admittedly, I could also invest in Lewin, but getting Elwin would allow me to run a Glory team and at least give me another unit for guild battle (not to mention that he's needed to completely unlock the bond powers of some of my main units). 

I'll probably skip on the Jugler/Zerida banner to save for the focus banner with Angelina/Cherie/Liana banner since Angelina being the only missing unit from the Princess faction list is bugging me and I like her character design.

I farmed Aniki hard today and I managed to get the Shrine Maidens and Sorceress. I also have a rainbow Archer book for Sky Archers, but I need to reach level 12 first. Current levels are 12 for Fliers and Holy, 10 for Archers, 9 for Infantry and Cavalry and 8 for Lancer. Really need to work on lancer to make them stronger for Freya and eventually Ledin.

I'm close to finishing time rift 6, but I feel I'm punching above my rating. Thankfully, Luna's buff coupled with AoE allows me to shave a lot of HP, but I'll need to focus on upgrading my party's equipment, since some of it is still level 10.

@SireI've been looking at the promotion materials required for later levels and seeing I'll eventually need 22 of a certain type of material made me dread farming them. Thankfully guild battles can accelerate the process. I also saw some people on Reddit say that once you have your main team set up, raising other units becomes less of a chore. Gold and gears are no longer as limited since you can mostly just re-use the equipment of your current team. 

So I finally got my first SSR from the princesses banner: Tiaris. Though unlike apparently everyone else I actually wanted her (since I had the other 2 already). Guild War has made me want more healers since although I have Liana, Sophia, Chris and more recently Almeda leveled I find myself not having enough heals with the latter three. Chris and Almeda have amazing utility, but healing kind of takes a second place for their other toys. And for some reason Sophia just isn't doing well for me, even with Liana's equipment.

On 4.3.2019 at 4:30 AM, LuxSpes said:

Gold and gears are no longer as limited since you can mostly just re-use the equipment of your current team. 

Meanwhile here's me who doesn't like switching around equipment. Mainly because I forget to give it back to my main team. Just yesterday I entered arena with unequipped Ledin and Liana and half-equipped Cherie after I did a fight in Guild War with characters I don't use normally.

Lost my first match in the Arena today. Thought it would be fine since their power level wasn't too high above mine and they were only one level ahead. They had Leon/Altemuler/Vargas and the 2 SSR healers. I forgot to consider that Leon has Angels and Freya got 2 shot by him on the enemy's first turn thanks to Liana's Act Again. I would probably still had been able to come back if freaking Altemuler hadn't procced his 20% Gale and deleted Lana after using his buff. Left with Shelfaniel, Pegasus Luna and Cherie, I had no way of dealing with both Altemuler and a Slayer's Emblem Leon, plus an untouched Vargas assisted by the two best healers in the game. 

I did reach level 45, so I can now do more Secret Realm maps. Still haven't managed to get a single unit their level 45 promotion since they decided you can't get class material reliably from non Elite rifts passed level 35.

In the meantime, I also decided to make a spreadsheet that would list the materials required to promote every character. Another redditor (with the lovely name of DennisShitShow) offered his help and added an Index on the front page. Currently, only the released SSRs are included, but other characters will be included eventually.

Man, it's difficult to find compiled assets for the game. I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on higher quality Soldier Icons (It shows the soldier, their type, and their tier). Looking through the datamine I couldn't find any as everything seems to be disassembled. It's being a bit of a roadblock on my work with the Wiki.

Also, the SSR Pity Couple are coming a month early. I was hoping to roll on some banners without getting spooked by them (since any other SSR is superior to them). Oh well, it is what it is. I guess I'll just have to leave it to luck and see what happens when I keep rolling anyways...

In other news, I'm now a Vice Leader for the guild I'm in. Yay, I suppose? I don't mind, but it does mean more responsibility and work for me...

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Man, it's difficult to find compiled assets for the game. I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on higher quality Soldier Icons (It shows the soldier, their type, and their tier). Looking through the datamine I couldn't find any as everything seems to be disassembled. It's being a bit of a roadblock on my work with the Wiki.

Also, the SSR Pity Couple are coming a month early. I was hoping to roll on some banners without getting spooked by them (since any other SSR is superior to them). Oh well, it is what it is. I guess I'll just have to leave it to luck and see what happens when I keep rolling anyways...

In other news, I'm now a Vice Leader for the guild I'm in. Yay, I suppose? I don't mind, but it does mean more responsibility and work for me...

You talking about the wiki made me realize that I could have added the information on material requirements I compiled into a spreadsheet directly to the wiki instead. Granted ,I'm pretty sure my spreadsheet still has some errors in it. Kind of hard to verify it when I don't have all the character, rune stones are limited and it being impossible to check back on material required for past levels. Hope people on reddit, where I shared it, will be able to catch them and point them out so I can correct them. 

I'm curious, from looking at their stats and skills, I have a pretty good idea why they're so disparaged, but could you tell me exactly what makes them so terrible?

And what extra work does being Vice Lead entails? 

49 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You talking about the wiki made me realize that I could have added the information on material requirements I compiled into a spreadsheet directly to the wiki instead. Granted ,I'm pretty sure my spreadsheet still has some errors in it. Kind of hard to verify it when I don't have all the character, rune stones are limited and it being impossible to check back on material required for past levels. Hope people on reddit, where I shared it, will be able to catch them and point them out so I can correct them. 

I'm curious, from looking at their stats and skills, I have a pretty good idea why they're so disparaged, but could you tell me exactly what makes them so terrible?

And what extra work does being Vice Lead entails? 

The couple is terrible because of their stats and skills. Apparently they are a "jack of all trades, master of none" type character, but end up just failing miserably. At least with DEF or MDEF conversion the stat actually does something. Relying on ATK & INT to complement each other is a bit of a waste as you either do Physical Damage (ATK) or Magical Damage (INT). Their terrible, terrible HP also does not help them at all. // Later their talent gets buffed, but even that is not enough to really salvage them.

Basically, the SSRs we have are really, really good. The couple relies on their gimmick but fails to utilize it in any meaningful manner due to poor skill selection and poor stats. Heck, just use Lance as a Royal Knight. He's an SR and beats their Black Knight class in every stat sans INT. Alternatively, just use Almeda (or healer Imelda) instead of building them as a Royal Envoy.
- - - - -
For Vice Leader, it's basically depends on how much one wants to be invested in the guild. At the very least the Vice Leader can work with Guild Battles and kick out members. If one wants to be more involved (writing down spreadsheets and organizing stuff), yeah that'll be a bit more work.

I originally wasn't planning on pulling on this banner, but getting a random Leon from the Twin Princesses banner, realizing that Princess teams are helpless to face the Thunder Dragon and that a lot of my units need Elwin to fully unlock their Bond Powers made me pull for him. Took me all of my crystals, but I got him. I'll need to build him up so he can catch up and I know he won't be 100% effective until his buff, but at least I now have someone I can use for the Thunder Dragon as well as another Glory buffer. Might also work on Lewin when I have the resources since he's also a good Thunder Dragon slayer.

It also means I'll have to work more on the Infantry training grounds since I've been slacking off there. Infantry, Lancer and Cavalry are all lvl 9 while Flier, Archer and Holy are all 12.