Langrisser M General

redlight

On 3/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, Sylphid said:

Incidentally, weren't we supposed to get new main story chapters after the last update? I rushed the story because of it, but no new chapters. Plus seems like there's a main story spoiler in other parts of the game already...

I believe we were (it was advertised and everything), but apparently it is not implemented yet for some reason.

EN Customer Support has been lacking (see the localization text and the Echo of Light fiasco on new servers as examples). Its a shame because the core game is pretty good, but the support for it just doesn't seem to be there.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sire said:

I believe we were (it was advertised and everything), but apparently it is not implemented yet for some reason.

EN Customer Support has been lacking (see the localization text and the Echo of Light fiasco on new servers as examples). Its a shame because the core game is pretty good, but the support for it just doesn't seem to be there.

IIRC Moonknight on reddit talked with the devs and we should be getting the chapters after the weekly update. Hopefully there will be some form of compensation for the mistake. 

The game seems to be doing pretty well, which I am glad to see. Really hoping this pushes them to release the remake outside of JP.

Got Zerida the other day and have her caught up to the rest of my group now. She's doing pretty well. Really outclassed DieHarte for me in terms of dagger users, but that isnt too surprising. Probably going to throw him back to Cavalry after I get the rest of what I want from the ninja line.

Also, love the new Sonya skin CN is getting, may be the one costume I actually buy.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:08 AM, Sire said:

Honestly, not too sure what to feel right now. Dieharte is useful for Origin teams for his Faction Buff if he goes down his Assassin path, or he can be Cavalry DPS by going down his main Royal Knight line. Aside from trying to figure out what class line I want him to go down, at least he won't spook me later when trying for Luna in a different Focus Banner (Dieharte, Tiaris, Luna).

However, one can't deal damage if the unit is dead (this is why Lance and Laird are not used as much).

For Flier Luna, the Pegasus are used for survivability since she is rather fragile due to building MDEF instead of DEF (mainly tanks) or HP (everyone else). This is why many tend to go Bow Luna so they don't have to deal with Luna being fragile.

Dieharte is useful in PVP thanks to Thousand Hooves and Strike, pve not so much and his Origin Faction has issues. Dieharte isn't bad he's just suffers a lot from comparisons to similar heroes which he can't compete with.

Lance and Laird aren't used because there are better options not because they're bad. Cherie was given free to a lot of people and Dieharte was given as a pre-register bonus. Alt as a flier brings his faction bonus so that beats out Lance as well when playing that faction and Luna has Queen's Ascension herself which is her main draw. Not to mention investing heavily in units that are going to end up worse generally isn't appealing to people. In the end you can invest in Lance and Laird and use them without investment long enough to get by with them until you get units that are actually worth investing in in long term like Cherie and Leon. Lance has some stiff competition between Cherie, Angelina, Altemuller and Luna. Laird has to go up against Dieharte and Sonya mainly on the non-Leon front both of which are better at cavalrying than Laird. Dieharte is simply a budget Leon through and through and Sonya bring Ninjutsu, Strike and Assault which is basically a discounted Altemuller Faction buffed Leon, true she's reliably weaker in every aspect, but if she does get some kills she can snowball and she even gets movement after attacking provided she kills the target. By and by those that do use Laird use Griffon Knights for a reason it's what makes him comparable to Leon offensively. Cavalry Matthew has arguments to use as a Cavalry alternative that isn't Leon, simply for being Legion of Glory and not named Scott. The competition a unit has against other units that fulfill similar roles affect their usage rates even if they're perfectly usable units and they passed out a lot of Cheries and Diehartes.

It's less her fragility as to them wanting a high mobility long range unit that hits hard, can move away after attacking and carries a faction buff. Leon and Cherie both build for attack and if they get hit they're not durable themselves. The main reasons Angels are used over Griffon Knights for Cherie is Angels are easier to keep their boost at 50% HP rather than 80% HP, but longevity is more for PvE and you have tanks for absorbing damage for a reason.  Luna building for Mdef is no different then building for attack for other sweeping units. Def tends to be better on infantry than HP and infantry aren't tanks

Spoiler

D2L94R7VAAE9YSc.png

So turns out the new Sonya skin in CN is free from an event. Which is fine by me, dont have to spend for it at all.

Spent 50 tickets in total trying for Angelina or some more Cherie shards, got Chris and several sets of shards for her instead. Ill take it, I didnt have her before. I dont want to spend much of any of my crystals on it so I can keep those in reserve, so Im kind of done with the banner for now until I can gather up another 10 tickets.

Lana's Martyr class is now mastered! I also mastered Bernhart's Emperor class as well. Things are looking good (now I wish I had more Runestones. They're gonna dissapear right after I get from when April arrives).

In other news, I sadly learned that Freya's Sparta skin is not free from an event and is actually just a store skin. The references I had made an error regarding her skin, I confirmed what actually happened by talking with a CN player.

For Crystal expenses, I think I'm gonna end up trying for Angelina now since she's guaranteed. My chances for Zerida can be spooked by Doggo (or anyone else for that matter), so getting Angelina is probably safer in the long run. If I get Angelina early, I may toss crystals at Zerida again until Altemuller's banner shows up.

Lastly, I managed to solo the Lvl 55 Flying Gym. Those enemy mobs were tough to get through and playing around Macho Blast to keep my team alive was rough, but I did it. Hopefully I can improve my Angels more now, or at least Fliers/Aquatics in general.

@Sire You're ahead of me as far as mastering classes is concerned. Only just managed to master Freya's Royal Vanguard and Luna's Bow Master, so I'm far from mastering second classes. 

I realized pretty soon the reddit post about skin availability was wrong when I watched a youtube vid and clearly saw the skin cost tickets. I personally decided to spend the cash to get the skin since I'm partial to Freya (I now have the #1 Freya in Roga Valley and she's actually my unit with the highest total power at 4133 thanks to reaching level 57).

I managed to get Angelina, though I had to blow through most of my crystals to do so. At this point, I'm only missing 3 SSRs in Bernhardt, Altemuller and Dieharte, which should all appear on focus banners in the coming weeks, though Alt and Bern are sharing one, meaning I'm probably still gonna miss one of the two after the banner. 

I managed to beat the level 55 flier Aniki myself today. Probably gonna wait before I try the 55 Lancer, since he caused me some problems when I tried to solo level 50. I might give a try soloing the level 60 ice dragon, though I don't know if I'll be strong enough with level 57 units, especially considering Lana only has SR equipment. 

Speaking of equipment, I a nice surprise with one of the daily bonus giving me a Twilight Armor duplicate, that I merged into Luna's and one of the daily map event gave me the Last Rite, which is a nice change from yesterday where I got all silver equipment. Not gonna give it to Cherie just yet though, since I don't have the Epic Martial Spirit to make it better than her current SR gear. 

Edit : After 3 tries, I managed to beat the lvl 60 Ice Dragon by the skin of my teeth on turn 15. Since I'm still at level 50 with the thunder dragon, I'll probably start another Ice Dragon fight before going to sleep to use the daily bonus on the ice dragon rather than the thunder dragon. 

Edited by LuxSpes

Hm, seems like I'm slacking off since I have neither of your achievements.
- Got all the Lv.55 Anikis. Though I tend to farm 50 more because it's easier for golden books as I need dozens of them for general upgrades.
- Only did Lv55  Fire and Dark Dragon so far. I could technically try Lv55 Thunder Dragon since both Bernhardt and Vargas can constantly remove its buffs (which is the main difficulty besides having Gale) but I'm too lazy trying it out so far. Ice Dragon on the other hand is not possible for me between Egbert and Imelda. I could level up Bozel but I'm already short on EXP potions and mats plus he would need appropriate gear.
- Only Leon and Vargas can boast of mastered Tier 3 classes but everyone in my main roster is only 1 step away from it. Edit: Altemuller also joins this small group.
- My gear is stuck at 40. After seeing how much hammers and gold it eats I abstained from leveling up my gear en masse until I manage to clear the endgame Dragons. First priority is getting the Blue Star Lance on Leon to max.
- Combined with everything above my SSR gear line-up is kinda lacking. I got a few excellent weapons and accessories but in terms of Armor I have absolutely nothing to show from dailies and event rewards. Just a bunch of bad helmets.
- My progess for Time Rifts has come to a halt. I cleared everything up to Rift 7-Normal, but I struggle to get the achievements for 7-Elite and 8-Normal. I have yet to progress in the story (Chapter 31). It's not that I couldn't do them but I find some of the objectives a bit tedious.
- Still saving for Estelle (60 tickets, 2400+ crystals) though I might get swayed to pull for Lana once the focus banner with her, Bozel and Shelfaniel hits.

Edited by Magus of Memery

On 30.3.2019 at 12:44 AM, Sire said:

Lastly, I managed to solo the Lvl 55 Flying Gym. Those enemy mobs were tough to get through and playing around Macho Blast to keep my team alive was rough, but I did it. Hopefully I can improve my Angels more now, or at least Fliers/Aquatics in general.

Congrats! Flying Aniki is by far the most annoying one for me, that terrain is horrible. I only cleared level 55 few days ago, way after I did it for the others (Except cavalry which I'm lagging behind on due to lack of interest).

On 30.3.2019 at 2:49 AM, LuxSpes said:

Edit : After 3 tries, I managed to beat the lvl 60 Ice Dragon by the skin of my teeth on turn 15. Since I'm still at level 50 with the thunder dragon, I'll probably start another Ice Dragon fight before going to sleep to use the daily bonus on the ice dragon rather than the thunder dragon. 

Congrats to you too! How was the fight? I've yet to look into it but been thinking I should try it soon.

As for my own clears, I managed to clear level 60 of Lancer and Mage/Holy/Demon Anikis this week. I've found those two to be generally the easiest ones. I also cleared level 60 Dark Dragon today, but just barely! It took me several tries but Leon managed a double suicide with that lizard on the turn it got its huge attack buff. Meanwhile the highest level Thunder Dragon I can clear is 50 lol.

For Lancer Aniki my MVP was Lana who I only brought in for chip damage and Black Hole debuffs, amusingly enough. She didn't even have a faction buff! I had Elwin with me, expecting him to be dealing a lot of damage but the Aniki's combination of high defense and Super Barb just made Elwin do barely any damage while losing 90% of his hp. He was a good secondary wall to keep Lana safe though.

4 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Congrats to you too! How was the fight? I've yet to look into it but been thinking I should try it soon.

I had to figure out a strategy to optimally take care of the mob to get the dragon as fast as I could. The witches were a problem since Luna was my sole source of physical DPS and Lana could only touch them with Dark Scythe and Shelfaniel couldn't do anything against them. One I reached the dragon, I used Tiaris and Liana to heal Luna on non AoE turn, Shelfaniel mostly stayed back to Faction Buff Luna and Lana. I was hesitant to leave Lana in range of the dragon during AoE, but as long as she was in range of Luna's Talent, she could survive it. It was mostly a DPS check since I only killed it on the very last turn and I needed to attack with all my attackers and use Again on Attack Blessing Luna. 

Thanks for the pointers @LuxSpes, was able to clear it just now. I used Luna as my faction buffer (no Shelfaniel yet, hopefully eventual focus banner fixes that) and brought Leon. He was helpful in clearing the mobs (I've always hated tentacle but it's a non-issue if that's the only thing happening on enemy turn lol) and drawing the dragon's single target attacks. Plus, Chivalry makes him immune to that ice debuff so he could chip too.

I heard a lot about the Phoenix world event with regards to how much of a pain it was. So I was dreading doing it a bit, but since I had neglected the story for a while and my characters were now level 58, I finally got around to doing it yesterday. And it was much easier than I was expecting. I used Luna as a flier for this map since her mobility as an archer is horrible on desert terrain, but it was well worth it since her 4* talent + the phoenix's aura meant the damage from the boss AoE spam only dealt 1-2 damage. I don't know if I got lucky with the AI, but aside from his very first move, I was able to predict where the phoenix would move, though having watched vids of people completing the map probably helped with that. The funniest thing was that when the phoenix reached the last bonfire, Luna's aura somehow made him take only 1 damage from his attempted self-destruct, meaning I still had the phoenix aura when I faced the boss. Also, despite the boss having a buff that supposedly prevents all damage when he's frozen, he still took damage from Luna's faction buff, so I was able to chip him with Lana and Shelf AoE spell before the ice even melted. 

@SylphidGlad I could help you clear the dragon. I didn't use Leon myself, since mine is still sitting at level 38, but I've seen plenty of Ice Dragon clears where the team is a 2 out of Luna/Lana/Bozel to take on the Dragon itself with Leon to clear the mobs, especially the witches, since they have really high MDef. 

I haven't touched the map events that aren't time limited for some time now, I still have some level 40 ones I think lol. Kind of looking forward to this phoenix thing, it sounds interesting.

Freya might not be the best tank, but I love having her with Tenacity and throwing her in the middle of tons of cavalry units. I was doing the 9-5 chapters where you potentially have to deal with 6 cavalries rushing you turn one and she managed to get 6 stacks of Tenacity going, increasing her Def from 524 to 629. Her pokes were doing 3.1K damage to the poor cavalries while she was barely taking any damage in return.

@SylphidThe main issue a lot of people have with this map is that you rely on predicting what the Ai controlled phoenix will do. If you predict wrong and one of your unit ends up outside of the range of the phoenix's passive, they're pretty much done for. Though I didn't test whether or not Luna's aura alone would be enough to at least allow someone to survive. 

Seems like this game is doing well in JP.

That's nice for its longevity. Though I do wonder what they are going to do once the Langrisser I-V cast is exhausted. Sure, we still have a lot of leeway (L1 is so underrepresented despite being the origin of the series, L5 was added just recently) but unlike Fire Emblem this series has a countable amount of characters. The story doesn't even have that many original characters either (pretty much just Bodamicus and the Union Generals).

---------

Btw. once you reach Lv.60 your Gold shortage should become slightly less an issue. Instead of EXP the daily missions give now Gold which adds up to a nice amount per day and helps to cover the costs to upgrade equipment to 50.

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Are there any tips for starting or a good beginner's guide out there or something?

In general:

1. Try to find a couple of units and stick with them. Raising and supplying too many units does not only drain your resources quickly, it will make things a lot tedious for you trying to keep everyone up to speed. Most maps allow you to deploy 5 units so your staple roster should be around 6-8.

2. The characters in this game have certain tags we call "Faction". This is a very important mechanic that will affect your team building because there is a certain type of buff that only affects units from the same faction.
Looking at your signature I would recommend Legion of Glory as your faction. Fortunately it's very F2P-friendly because the 3 starter units are part of it. Depending on Server you also get the chance to obtain one of the best SSRs for this faction (Cherie).

3. At the beginning you want to gain as many levels as possible because story progression is locked behind level requirements and with the excess stamina from early level-ups you might hit a wall sooner than you think just by rushing through.
Daily Quest yield the most EXP and even beyond that they give you a lot of stuff extra, including 30 Trinity Crystals (the main currency) if you clear all of them. Speaking of which a lot of missions for the Daily Quests have the option to be done in Co-Op. You absolutely should take advantage of that since it gives you a stamina discount and more rewards on a successful map clear.

Outside of that the game does a good job easing into its mechanics, so you shouldn't have any problem understanding them. Somewhere in this thread I left an equipment guide if you're interested in it (not super important at the beginning) and the reddit has some useful statistics once you want to get to the meat of the game.

10 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Looking at your signature I would recommend Legion of Glory as your faction.

Is this related to the Trails collab?

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Is this related to the Trails collab?

Indeed.

Spoiler

Estelle is part of Legion of Glory and Protagonists. You probably won't build the latter unless you manage to pull some key SSRs for this faction and it's usually not worth the trouble because 90% of them belong to LoG and that one offers far more options.

afaik there is no single faction for all the Trails characters so if you want to build a team solely around them, you're out of luck.

2 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Indeed.

Hide contents

Estelle is part of Legion of Glory and Protagonists. You probably won't build the latter unless you manage to pull some key SSRs for this faction and it's usually not worth the trouble because 90% of them belong to LoG and that one offers far more options.

afaik there is no single faction for all the Trails characters so if you want to build a team solely around them, you're out of luck.

I'm not super desperate to get any of the Trails characters so you don't need to make that a consideration for me. :v

I assume they're limited time characters here?

Yes, they were time-limited. On the other hand this game is still young so they might do a rerun in the future (or bundle them in a different focus). Fortunately we lag behind the CN ver. so we have a good idea what's coming.

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Been curious to give this game a try. Are there any tips for starting or a good beginner's guide out there or something?

This reddit thread contains tons of useful guides and is something I often come back to in order to access various resources. 

The Trails characters do have their own faction ("Space-Time Hub"), and their faction leader is Joshua. I think it's where all the collab characters go. The problem with Trails characters is that they are limited and are only available when their banner is up. No one knows if they will have a rerun.

4 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Been curious to give this game a try. Are there any tips for starting or a good beginner's guide out there or something?

Man, I need to get around to making a Quickstart Guide, but here are my tips/pointers...

Early Game

1. When you start, there should be a "newcomer" event called "Path of Light" or something similar. Upon completion, it will reward you with an SSR character, Cherie. Make sure you get Cherie as she is one of the best characters in the entire game. She essentially has built-in Galeforce, but on a cooldown. (I believe this event happens for new accounts, servers don't matter.)

2. You can choose your Matthew's secondary class at the start of the game via a quiz. At the moment, there is no way to change the secondary class, so make sure you get one you are happy with! Recommendations, in order, are Dragon Master (Flier), Strike Master (Cavalry), Ranger (Archer), and Shadow (Assassin). Shadow Matthew is best avoided while Dragon Master Matthew is generally considered to be the most useful.

3. Almeda and Matthew (Determinate on Secondary Class) are solid units and are worth raising all the way to endgame. Lance and Grenier fall off in terms of usefulness as you progress. Jessica also falls off, but she has utility with Teleport and can be worth leveling. Scott is worthless and best benched immediately.

4. Never do Equipment Summons (maybe one or two for quest, but otherwise skip it).

5. Never buy anything from the shop using Gold. Gold is a precious resource and easily disappears later in the game.

6. Story progression is important. Play through the main story as much as possible to unlock everything, including the ability to sell unwanted items (Alchemy).

7. Beware of the time commitment to Langrisser Mobile. If you are trying to maximize everything, doing normal Dailies can take 1-2 hours. Then there is Story Content, Time Rift Content, and Guild Battles on top of that. Don't feel pressured to do everything and play at your own pace, having fun is more important than efficient play.

8. Beware spending Runestones. Runestones are a valuable and rare resource, so it is best to wait and do research on who to spend them on before spending them immediately.

Mid Game

1. The Leveling process will become slower here. The best way to level up and gain EXP is the Daily quests. Eventually it'll just be a single level-up a day, to a level up every few days. Level Cap is 60. (It can take about 2 months of play to reach 60, provided dailies are regularly cleared.)

2. Faction Buffs come into play around Level 35. In short, it's a super buff to everyone affiliated with the faction, and this buff becomes almost mandatory for mid-game and later content. Choose what characters you raise wisely, as leveling them past 35 starts to become expensive.

3. There is a massive difficulty spike at Level 40. While it can be overcome over a day or two, it will definitely slow down progress. (The problem is T3 Enemy Soldiers appear for hostile forces, but the player may not have T3 soldiers yet. This upgrade makes a huge difference.)

2 hours ago, Sire said:

1. When you start, there should be a "newcomer" event called "Path of Light" or something similar. Upon completion, it will reward you with an SSR character, Cherie. Make sure you get Cherie as she is one of the best characters in the entire game. She essentially has built-in Galeforce, but on a cooldown. (I believe this event happens for new accounts, servers don't matter.)

is this a time-limited thing/promotion or a permanent thing?