Langrisser M General

redlight

22 minutes ago, Sire said:

While I am enjoying the game, I after doing some research I am hesitant about its gacha rates as well as its rarity system. Gacha rates are extremely terrible (what else is new?), but apparently low rarity Heroes are worthless. I know the rarer the unit is the better it usually is, but it seems that lower rarity heroes are abysmal and are not worth it outside of a few exceptions. I don't know how much of this is true, but that is what I understood from what little I've read.

Well, the rates aren't as terrible as FGO at least.

Spoiler

Most of the R Heroes are pretty terrible but there are some good ones among them.
Jessica (the R mage you get for free) is incredibly due to having early access to Teleport (which is basically Warp in FE terms) and get Mass Heal from her Bishop transfer. Later on she has access to Meteor which is an anti-infantry AoE spell.
Another one I can recommend is Leticia, a Cavalry unit. Not only does her personal give everyone +1 Mov one of her future skills stacks it to +2, meaning everyone gets at minimum Cavarly movement. You can probably tell that's pretty busted and allows for pretty disgusting rush strategies. Why the hell do we get Scott instead?

Beyond that if you want to be competitive in PvP then you need SSRs (+ potentially more copies for higher star rating) but this game doesn't emphasize its PvP, so unless you plan on whaling you're not losing much.
For PvE you can pull through with everything as long as you choose your roster according to a faction. The reason why most SSRs are so coveted are for their Faction buffs and being able to deployed in any faction (like Leon).

Also don't forget getting your R Servants to max. Star rank is more likely compared to SRs or SSRs.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sire said:

but it seems that lower rarity heroes are abysmal and are not worth it outside of a few exceptions. I don't know how much of this is true, but that is what I understood from what little I've read.

ehh. I've been doing fine with mostly the Starter Party. Sure i am only at ch16, and while do have some SSRs now, i still prefer to use R/SR sometimes due to some abilities. Like Starter Mage gets Warp. A healer gives a random buff to any ally she uses a spell on (combine that with an Area buff spell she gets for massive buffs), and she is R iirc. 

And Grenier (starter Lance) is one of the tankiest units i ever saw in a SRPG. So now, i don't think lower rarity units are that bad. Especially the Starter trio, or as Grenier calls it ''The Tank/Healer/DPS combo''. Can't really go wrong with that.

On other News, i just pulled Elwin^^
Finally another Sword dude.

Honestly I feel like every unit has a niche so far, for any of the content. 

Meanwhile I'm just wondering when Luna will be a focus or when we're getting the Trails/Kiseki content.

Damn it. All my Sky favs in there. I want atleast Estelle, Kloe, Renne and Olivier. Better if all of them ofc xD

Time to start saving vouchers and hope in ~6 months when the event comes here i will have enough.

Inb4 they come here next week and i don't have enough vouchers. I only have 30 now xD

Edited by Shrimperor

There's a demo for the Langrisser 1+2 remake coming out on the Japanese Switch e-shop on February 7th for those interested. I REALLY hope this game will come out in English; Der Langrisser is one of my favorite game of all time and I'd love playing an official English version of it. The first one has some significant balance issues, but those will hopefully get fixed in the remake.

Anyhow, about the mobile game! I'm overall pretty happy with it. It's super high-quality, everything looks great and everything sounds great. Most importantly, it plays like a proper, actual strategy game. It's so nice to see the game I love being remade in this engine with the Time Rifts too. Unit-wise, I got Luna and Freya (both being from Langrisser 3, the only one I haven't played); they are pretty good though so no complaints here. I'd love to get Sonya though, but she's an SR so it's (probably) just a question of time. I'm Ayra on the Dalsis server if anyone's interested.

... However, I'm not a fan of how much the game asks of the player. You want to progress? Well, do your daily quests. What are the daily quests? Well...

- 3x time rift stages (those can be instantly completed though, so these ones are trivial)

- 2x training gym for Soldier training equipment

- 2x golems for experience points potions

- 1x dragon for equipment and equipment upgrade materials

- 1x goblins for gold

- 1x for affection items

- 1x random event for random stuff

- 5x arena fights for arena medals and the all important monthly runestone

There's one more thing called "joint battles" that's listed, but I haven't unlocked it yet, plus two more locked things in the Arena.

Plus some stuff like "do a friend summon, use an experience pot, enchant an item".

... that's way more than I can/want to do every single day. I have a "play when I want, not when I need" approach, so there's no way I'm going to do all of that every day. Which means I'm going to progress incredibly slowly (and the more you go, the more you need to regrind the same stages to get stuff to get to the next story segment). I did play more than I really wanted last week (weekend in particular) because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the free Cherie (my favorite from the franchise) from the event... And it's not a nice feeling to play a game more than you really want. I'm going to keep playing the game because the gameplay is genuinely fun, and it's Langrisser which I adore... but certainly slower than I have been last week. Honestly, despite the remake obviously being lower budget and polished, if I had to pick between it and the mobile game I'd pick the remake due to it being a game that doesn't revolve around grinding.

Side note: The animated portraits look great. If a mobile game can do that, surely we could have something like that in the main Fire Emblem games in the future..?

I sent out Friend Requests to those who already posted in this thread. Hopefully everything went through!
I played some more and I am absolutely loving the game. No SSR yet, but I'm doing well with the main 3 heroes (Matthew, Grenier, and Almeda). My other characters include Jessica (Teleport is AMAZING), Laird (Kills whatever he looks at. Horse Emblem OP.), and Egbert (AoE Caster Guy). I have more guys, but these are my mainstays at the moment. I hear faction buffs start getting really important later in the game, so I wonder if I got the right guys for it.

The Auto-Battle and Sweep functions are very useful, especially if I don't feel like playing at the moment but I have excess Stamina. Dragalia Lost also has this system (Auto Battle and Skip Tickets), which makes me wish for such functionality in Fate/Grand Order...

If I have any complaints, it is the disconnects. If I change out of the app and it disconnects from the server, it boots me back to the start screen. It doesn't help there is no "suspend" function, as if I was in the middle of a battle, I would have to restart the whole thing. Then, the PvP aspect is giving me nightmares reminiscent of Fire Emblem Heroes. PvP is great for rewards, but I do not get much enjoyment out of the mode. 

I'm not at the point where all the daily quests open up, but I am a bit worried about it if there are so many. Dragalia Lost has plenty of dailies, and while I can run it on Auto Battle, I'm not sure if "autoing" will be as effective here. It seems most of my time these days are spent playing mobile games instead of PC or console...

Too bad IS had no experience with mobile titles before. This game is so much everything I wanted Heroes to be, it's frustrating. I really hope Langrisser becomes big competition for it, so IS  maybe realizes how bad their game is ( and we're talking 2 years after release here). 

Anyway, can we have SR focuses? My devotion swapped to Hein.  All I have is the one shard I bought on the market.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

48 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well I've been enjoying it a lot, my only problem is with team exp, its stupidity slow once you hit level 20. Does anyone with better experience know the best way to grind?

Dailies give you a lot of team EXP, so make sure you do them.
Otherwise every point of Stamina equals 1 team EXP. Since Team battles give you a discount on stamina spamming Co-Op Secret realm battles is probably the fastest way. Even better if you have some friends who can auto-battle.

--------

Well, after 130 tickets I have now

Spoiler

- Bernhardt (4-Star)
- Leon
- Altemuller
- Cherie (4-Star)
- Dieharte (free)
- Vargas
- Imelda
- Narm
- Kirikaze (3-Star)
- Chris
- Hein
- Imelda
- Freya
- Sonya
- Silver Wolf

I'm absolutely builidng Empire with this. Narm and 4* Cherie could be useful for Legion of Glory (since Grenier is the free Faction bot).

@Sire I accidentally refused your friend request, could you send it again? Searching by Sire gives too many options for me to be sure who's you. My name in the game is same as on the forums.

Having progressed to level 28, I agree there's a lot of dailies. That said they are both easy enough to do and forgettable enough I don't think it's a huge thing to miss them, that I don't mind too much. I'm much more bothered by the two limited time modes that are open for couple hours a day only. World Arena (live pvp) is open for two two-hour windows and Joint Battle two one-hour windows. Those are very restrictive, especially since as a European the second windows for both are when I'm sleeping.

39 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

@Sire I accidentally refused your friend request, could you send it again? Searching by Sire gives too many options for me to be sure who's you. My name in the game is same as on the forums.

Sent. My IGN is Sire, Server is Carmen City. Avatar is Almeda.

I got my first SSR: Bernhardt. I was aiming for Leon since he is apparently super OP (and looks cool), so I'm hoping I can still get him before his focus is up. Otherwise, I think I would like to try and get Liana and Lana at some point, but given the rates I'm doubtful. Maybe I'll try and save for their possible rate-up.

For future planning, it looks like I'm going Empire with the Legion of Glory on standby. Aside from Bernhardt, I have Imelda and Egbert. Anna, Laird, and Leticia round out the roster. // For Glory, it is basically the main trio with Jessica and a random. Thing is, I'm still too used to fielding the main trio...

I think a Glory team might need Elwin, too, since he has the Glory Faction buff. Luckily, i got him, and have alot of Glory heroes so i am planning to build a Glory Faction...

Thing is, Glory doesn't have any decent Assassin or Aquatic unit. The two i have are really meh. Even weaker then enemy no-name units. Well, Chain-hook help alot atleast

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think a Glory team might need Elwin, too, since he has the Glory Faction buff. Luckily, i got him

Grenier has a Glory Faction buff, too, if he goes the center transfer path, so Elwin (or Ledin) are not necessarily needed for Glory.
That being said his buff is not that exciting compared to these two.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, Ayra said:

There's a demo for the Langrisser 1+2 remake coming out on the Japanese Switch e-shop on February 7th for those interested. I REALLY hope this game will come out in English; Der Langrisser is one of my favorite game of all time and I'd love playing an official English version of it. The first one has some significant balance issues, but those will hopefully get fixed in the remake.

I'd love to get Sonya though, but she's an SR so it's (probably) just a question of time.

Only thing I want from the remake is to be based on the Dramatic Edition of said games...

Same here, I missed Sonya in the CN version, so I'll have to pay attention when her event drops. (I missed Freya's in CN too, but I just pulled her in GL, so it evens out)

That's really nice piece of art! Also sent a friend request your way Jedi. I think I have everyone from the thread now.

I was saving my pulls, but I really like Elwin after playing Time Rift so decided to go in. Luckily I got him pretty fast and can now save for... Honestly not sure at this point, Liana/Lana/Tiaris maybe. I do like Altemuller's design too.

Also, used some of those cube things on Elwin and Leon to open both their paths that have a 3rd tier class.

13 hours ago, Sire said:

Thing is, I'm still too used to fielding the main trio...

I got so used to having those three on my team, it was hard to switch to other units at first. I still miss Matthew's ranged attack sometimes.

And congrats on Bernhardt, I faced him in some friendly pvp yesterday and he's deceptively tanky. He tanked my Leon like a champ, causing my loss

That's a nice Piece of Art^^

3 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I still miss Matthew's ranged attack sometimes.

The main reason why i still prefer Matthew over Elwin. The stat difference isn't that big (Elwin is slightly better) and Matthew has access to better Soldiers (He can get (Elite) Lancers wihout Class change, which means he can atleast tank for a bit on Pony filled maps) + Atk Command, which really helps since i am not so far as in to unlock Faction buffs.

Grenier for me is not replaceable tbh, he is my MVP XD

My current 'Mains'

gcjJmzs.jpg

I usually use a combination of any of those, depending on map. Although Genrier is almost always in, except on Infantry filled maps

And I gotta finish Time Rift 3Normal/2Elite to get the Promotion items...

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

The main reason why i still prefer Matthew over Elwin. The stat difference isn't that big (Elwin is slightly better) and Matthew has access to better Soldiers (He can get (Elite) Lancers wihout Class change, which means he can atleast tank for a bit on Pony filled maps) + Atk Command, which really helps since i am not so far as in to unlock Faction buffs.

Grenier for me is not replaceable tbh, he is my MVP XD

I actually haven't used Elwin much yet, since I got him yesterday. But usually I end up not having an infantry at all and use Imelda to take out high priority lancers instead. Unless of course it's one of those maps with nothing but lancers in which case Matthew's my first pick. And I completely forgot he has Attack Command. I'll play around with the two and see who I like better at some point.

I definitely got a lot of mileage out of Grenier! But lately I've been using Freya instead, that true damage has been a real helper in a lot of PvE maps.

My current 'Mains'

I usually use a combination of any of those, depending on map. Although Genrier is almost always in, except on Infantry filled maps

And I gotta finish Time Rift 3Normal/2Elite to get the Promotion items...

My main team is Leon, Cherie, Freya, Imelda, Sophia, but I also have Warp Boy Hein, Amelda, Diehart, Pierre and Matthew as regular members when I need a different unit instead of my main. Aside from Elwin, Emerick is another unit I want to build. I like his design and I could use another cavalry sometimes. Dios and Lance used to be my go-to units as well but the former's damage ended up being kinda sad while the latter was entirely outclassed by Cherie (except for killing goblins, which is also where I use Jessica).

I was entirely unprepared for the new class unlocks at character level 30s, only had the items from clearing story. Still working on those.

It would have been awesome if the character models would change according to their current class. But I guess that would quadruple the work for each character. Though Imelda, Narm and Cherie could use being a bit more covered up.

What sub-tree did you guys get for your Matthew?

Edited by Magus of Memery

9 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Got myself the Ranger sub-tree. At first I thought it was okay (due to a misunderstanding on how Roundabout works, until I got Narm), but honestly I'm not too big on it.

I hear the Dragon Master sub-tree is the best for Matthew, with Cavalry being 2nd if a Glory team is planned. Assassin and Ranger seem to be useless. Overall, it seems that Matthew is easily replaced unless running a Protagonist team. I'm still gonna field him for the challenges and feats though (and because it feels wrong to bench him, at least at the stage I'm at).

For kicks, here are my answers to the starting character class quiz.

Spoiler

Creation Questions:

1. What will you do if an enemy raised you while you were gathering supplies?
- Defend

2. What is the most important factor when creating an unbeatable team?
- Strategic Versatility

3. Where do the gods live?
- In the Heavens Above

4. Which of these do you like most?
- Blue Skies (I think that is what it said...)

5. What is the meaning of life?
- To protect the things I care for (Maybe? There is not a lot of English documentation at the moment...)

6. What do you look for in your companions?
- Loyalty

7. What makes a hero?
- ??? (I don't remember.)

8. What does love mean to you?
- Acceptance

9. What is truly worth fighting for?
- Home

And here's random note that I just learned that may help others. Once you spend a Runestone, the unlocked class stays unlocked (swapping will still require some gold). So, "playing the long game" (doing the other routes first to save 1 stone) is not necessary.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

use Imelda to take out high priority lancers instead. 

She has the Ice spells?

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

(except for killing goblins, which is also where I use Jessica).

You don't use Jessica for warping? She also has much better Stats then Hein (although Hein has the advantage in the spell List outside warp). Jessica also gets access to Archers + Wind Magic, making her able to take out fliers in case you don't have a good Archer.

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Hero, because until like lvl25 or something he was my only Sword unit xD. Might switch to Demon Cavalary thing later