I hope that Awakening and Fates won't influence Three Houses too much

Roland

Honestly at this point I couldn't care less what it's influenced by. It's been made clear that IntSys is perfectly fine recycling formulaic elements of series tradition to the point of stunting it's growth and potential, how do you think Fates turned out the way it it did? The game failed to step out of Awakening's shadow and repeated it's mistakes along with stacking on new ones with it's confused, scattered vision and half-baked execution. Echoes only managed to be decent in terms of story because the writers were working with an already established concept, and even then they failed to fully utilize it and stuck to series traditions (e.g. Rudolf could have decided the gods were bad for humanity because they two were frustrated by witnessing the failings of eachother's ideologies and decided to double down on their own, resulting in suffering on both sides with the Zofians becoming soft dependent on Mila and the Rigelians becoming hardened devoid of empathy. Instead the latter happens because Mila and Duma have dragon madness because why write a motivation when you can say "and then they went insane" because degeneration was a thing remember guys?), not to mention the leftover thoughtlessness from Fates (Mathilda in a boobs out pose while a war prisoner about to be executed, Alm's unexplained lucky charm Deus Ex Machina, Celica's brainrot, opening premonition that spoils a later event in the plot, they even considered putting an avatar into the game at some point).

Here's how I see Three Houses going based on what we know: "The three royal houses of the continent are fighting, end premonition. After a brief few chapters where YOU THE PLAYER instruct Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude in the academy now that the game has truly begun, after a short timeskip you choose a side because IntSys wants to address criticism and fail at learning from it again. You fight King Emperor Conqueror Badman McHeartless and after you kill him, Queen Heavenly Goodmother takes his weapon and says it's a legendary relic called a "crest" that only YOU THE PLAYER can wield for reasons that'll only be shared via DLC. Then you go after the church because when is the church not secretly evil and convince the forces to band together against the evil priests so you can play as everyone, while building relationships and getting married so you can use the time crest to make the children instantly grow old enough to fight in the war so YOU THE PLAYER wont feel guilty about the very blatant player wish fulfillment. The crests are destroyed war ends and even though there should be left over animosity from previously warring countries but that doesn't matter because YOU THE PLAYER are the center of the world and all that matters in this continental war is that you and your friends are happy. The end."

I hate to be the bearer of negativity even if I did just kinda type all that out but expecting them to not let the series' biggest moneymakers that aren't mobile games influence the newest entry in the series that hasn't returned to consoles since the Tellius games bombed is a little unrealistic. They're going to play it safe and stick to the formula, regardless of what a few fans here or there think is best.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Guest Perilicious said:

Yikes. 

What made people so pessimistic?

We're just a bit restless at the moment. Last year around March that translated into fake leaks popping up all over the place, so it was even worse. But, I guess we know just enough about the game for it not to happen again right now. Or maybe people are too busy fake leaking the smash dlc.

Edited by Cysx

Guest Perilicious
15 hours ago, Cysx said:

We're just a bit restless at the moment. Last year around March that translated into fake leaks popping up all over the place, so it was even worse. But, I guess we know just enough about the game for it not to happen again right now. Or maybe people are too busy fake leaking the smash dlc.

Understandable, the info drought is killing me too.