witch is better for Felicia?

squid4001

I see what you did there in the title.

Felicia can only become a Basara if she's paired with Hayato, Kaden, or an Avatar with Diviner or Lancer as their talent. If you chose a different talent, then Felicia can only become a Witch. Either way, I would probably recommend the Witch class anyway since it's more magic oriented, which is probably what Felicia will want. Basara gives her a slight boost to Attack and Defense, but not by much, and she doesn't really need it anyway (except maybe defense, more defense is always good). If she's a Witch, she should be able to more easily sweep through enemies with high Magic and Speed. Witch also gives her arguably better skills.

I would suggest checking out this website if you want to fiddle around with classes and pairings for certain characters so you can see their growth rates, stat modifiers, etc.

17 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

Felicia can only become a Basara if she's paired with Hayato, Kaden, or an Avatar with Diviner or Lancer as their talent. If you chose a different talent, then Felicia can only become a Witch. Either way, I would probably recommend the Witch class anyway since it's more magic oriented, which is probably what Felicia will want. Basara gives her a slight boost to Attack and Defense, but not by much, and she doesn't really need it anyway (except maybe defense, more defense is always good). If she's a Witch, she should be able to more easily sweep through enemies with high Magic and Speed. Witch also gives her arguably better skills.

I would suggest checking out this website if you want to fiddle around with classes and pairings for certain characters so you can see their growth rates, stat modifiers, etc.

ok, I'm going to do witch class. 

Either way, she'll probably turn out as the best mage.  She already has a better start than Hayato, and she definitely will get more speed than Orochi and more skill than Rhajat.  Only real competition she'd have for the Witch Seal would be Mitama, and I'd give the advantage to Felicia just for her join time (of course assuming you're using a male Corrin).

If you aren't going to limit your reclassing, I'd say you should turn her into a Basara until level 15 (just to get all the skills, Jakob and Felicia are complete beasts when it comes to obtaining a bunch of them), then have her go two levels as an Onmoyoji (mostly for Tomefaire, +5 damage is a nice bonus early on), and then finally settler her into witch.

If you don't want to bother much with reclassing shenanigans, go for witch.  Felicia's strength sucks so she's not gonna be using a lance/naginata, and the benefits of the skills from either diviner class line do not outweigh the general usefulness of the witch class and its own skills, particularly the last two skills which I'm pretty sure she should be able to pick up early thanks to her ridiculous leveling.  Having Warp and Toxic Brew as early as Chapter 10 is outright stupid, especially in Birthright.

6 hours ago, squid4001 said:

or chapter seven, because birthright.

I guess it would be possible, but only with the five-or-so that you use throughout the prologue, and only if you were exclusively using one or two of those units.

That is, assuming you're doing a no-grind run.  I don't often get units to level 15 on Chapter 7 of Birthright unless I allow myself to grind or just so happen to only be using one or two of the prologue units in that chapter (due to things like PMUs or self-imposed limitations).

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I guess it would be possible, but only with the five-or-so that you use throughout the prologue, and only if you were exclusively using one or two of those units.

That is, assuming you're doing a no-grind run.  I don't often get units to level 15 on Chapter 7 of Birthright unless I allow myself to grind or just so happen to only be using one or two of the prologue units in that chapter (due to things like PMUs or self-imposed limitations).

I can understand that, though Felicia magically becomes level 22 when you use a witch's mark on her. and I was asking because I'm attempting a Felicia solo run.

Edited by squid4001

For a solo attempt of BR using the freelc hero to sol and axebreaker(innate), Magik Knight off MU to grab trample, witch with MK!MU pairup to finish out.

Final skills Sriposte/Trample/Sol/Axebreaker/Lunge (use the witch freeze on the ch27 tomebreaker barb)

You should be able to just walk through the game on lunatic (BR is a joke) if you're forcefeeding her stat boosters and forge tomes.

Edited by joshcja

7 hours ago, squid4001 said:

I can understand that, though Felicia magically becomes level 22 when you use a witch's mark on her. and I was asking because I'm attempting a Felicia solo run.

That's because her actual starting level is 21 or a promoted level 1; remember that her starting class is technically a promoted class.  The thing is, none of the DLC classes have a proper promotion, so instead of capping at 20 they keep going until 40.  The game internally counts a promoted unit as level 21 regardless of when they actually promoted.  And fun fact, Felicia and Jakob both have 4 Eternal Seals built into them, so they are the only units in the game that can get to level 60 in any of the DLC classes without needing to buy Eternal Seals.  They're also the only promoted units in the game (and the only promoted units in the series outside of the NES and SNES games) that have the same experience gains as unpromoted units of their level.

And yes, in spite of the fact that they're supposed to behave like unpromoted units, they still get the skills of promoted units at level 5 and 15; you can literally have Felicia obtain Tomebreaker within the first few chapters without the aid of logbooks, other castles, or grinding.  I think it's a big part of why she and Jakob are so often placed high in tier lists; they can just grab a whole bunch of endgame skills extremely early on, and they'll start off with the versatility many promoted classes enjoy minus the weapon ranks one would expect them to have.

In any event, if you are doing a solo Felicia run, then you probably should have her take on other classes besides one.  And feed her a bunch of defense boosters (I mean, you can give her all your stat boosters honestly, but her defense is notably lacking).  Do at least one of these things, because even in Birthright Felicia alone won't be able to survive much without some aid or substantial leveling.