Favorite "one sitting" video game?

indigoasis

Things like Punch-Out, Tetris, etc. Any video game that's more or less meant to be played in one sitting or just to pass the time.

Mine is Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. A great game in the series that's often overlooked due it's exclusivity on the Wii Shop Channel, and no longer available for purchase. It has excellent remixes of songs in the series, and it's such a joy to play. The bosses are fairly unique and the level design is top-notch, and overall pretty satisfying to play (for me, at least).

Mine are probably Punch-Out and the original Super Mario Brothers. Though, there are some games that can be beaten in one sitting that aren't really meant to be, due to glitches or exploits that I like, such as Mother 1 or Pokemon Yellow. 

Castlevania 1 is fun to knock out in an evening. The only real obstacle being whether or not you've brought the holy water to cheese the Death boss fight. Luigi's Mansion is another game I associate with knocking out in one spooky evening, though I think the game was meant to be played in five sittings to correspond with each chapter. Resident Evil 1 and 2 are also games I've knocked out in one sitting as a teenager, but lack of remembering where everything is and lack of free time has kept me from doing so in recent years. Pokemon Snap is also a very fun two hour game. And Mega Man X is super satisfying too.

Incidentally this year there is one game I beat twice in one sitting (not counting speedruns), and it's Kirby Star Allies. Because if we can get some players that is such a fun co-op game.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The levels are huge and fun to explore with the different characters. I've played it a lot but sometimes I still find new secrets. The music is pretty good too. It's also nice to get all the super emeralds and just go on a power trip.

Mega Man X is by far my favorite one sitting game. The whole game takes less than an hour if you know what you are doing! I have beat it dozens of times and I love it every playthrough.

Edited by Tenders

Not too sure. Most of my current favorites are tens-of-hours-long RPGs and the story-heavier Zelda games. The closest one would be Persona 4: Dancing All Night, which has a shorter story - which is still ten hours long.

Edited by henrymidfields

For me It's Luigi's mansion, and despite being an odd choice it's short enough for me to just play through it on a saturday once in a blue moon. I swear I've played through that game like 20 times or more, I just keep coming back to it.

For the "games I can beat in a day" kind: FTL: Faster Than Light, Into The Brach, Ziggurat, Stick War: Legacy, a few modes of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the original), and occasionally Sword of the Samurai, Oxenfree, and a level of Tropico 3 if I'm dedicated enough. I could also put several web games, but that could be a list of its own

For "Beat in a Weekend" kind of games: Star Wars: Republic Commando, Beyond Good and Evil, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, and Oxenfree. In a general sense, several point-and-click adventure/puzzle games can be completed in a short amount of time, although it obviously ranges between games.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite one sitting game is easily Final Fight 3. I always play it with friends while dubbing over the story bits at the beginning and end of the game in hilarious voices, plus it's a beat'em up so it's a very pick up and play experience with just the right amount of challenge as to not feel frustratingly difficult.