An Equipment Test and a Cover of Lifelight

PeaceRibbon

I've had this microphone I received one Christmas for a while now but haven't used it much outside of a little bit of voice chat, so I wanted to test it out as a recording device. And with Smash Brothers music being hot right now I decided to record a cover of Lifelight, the upcoming game's main theme. Please give a listen if you'd like, and if you know any tricks to optimizing future recordings, feel free to let me know. Credit to YouTube user cristhian oliveira for posting the instrumental backing. This song is actually quite harder to preform then one might realize, especially as someone who specializes in slower, more intimate pieces, but the challenge was welcome.

Link to the  Soundcloud here: 

https://soundcloud.com/user-484031371/lifelight-super-smash-bros-ultimate-cover/s-slQZQ

Pardon my french, but holy shit. I got goosebumps listening to this.

I don't listen to Lifelight religiously, and I've only heard the original song (so no covers). I'm not really a fan of covers usually, but this was so awesome to listen to. You're mic is working great, too! Unprivate it so I can add it to my playlist and like it, dammit. Anyway, this was absolutely wonderful! I wish I could sing as half as well as you can.

Edited by indigoceans

Oh wow that’s really kind of you! I had listed the song as private because I wanted to take it slow as I’ve never used SoundCloud before, but I can certainly make it public if you’d like to favorite it.

43 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Oh wow that’s really kind of you! I had listed the song as private because I wanted to take it slow as I’ve never used SoundCloud before, but I can certainly make it public if you’d like to favorite it.

I was gonna go ahead and say sure, but it seems you've already made it public.

I went ahead and I tried singing along, and you were right about it being hard to perform! The last time I sang semi-seriously was last year in my Theatre class Junior year of high school.