What is Your Current Focus?

jameslove001

My question is coming because I realize that for a lot of modes I have to shift my focus. I have been working on getting a wide variety of characters 5*, level 40. I am realizing that for some of these modes I really need to be focusing more getting a few specific units as plus 10s. So, I am back in feather mode and trying to collect these units to be killing machines. It just makes me wonder what other people are working on - your arena teams? Finishing all of the auxiliary story modes? Pestering developers about a trading mode like Pokémon? Just curious. I feel like I learn a lot about how many of you are successful in what you do. I think if I can get a few great units I can move out of this Arena 17-18 loop I have been in.

I am currently in the 18-19 arena loop and the highest merged unit I have is +6, the rest mostly unmerged or +1~2. Between getting more different characters and more +10s I will definitely choose the former, unless you really want to get to arena rank 20 or just enjoy building up "heroes". For me I mostly focus on tackling aspects that I notice are giving me troubles. For example, I was once screwed over by horse emblem, and so I got myself a Rhajat with Fury/Vantage/Atk Smoke/Distant Defense, and now I am really looking forward to seeing horses in Aether Raids, especially B!Lyn, Reinhart and Bladetome users. Am considering getting a TA green raven user for more utility though. Also have a counter for fliers, a magic tank, an unit that can handle dragons well, a team of fliers, a mixed team with command skills and bladetome, and so far in Aether Raids I haven't encountered a team that cannot be countered(even took down a team of +10 dragons buffed by seasonal character bonus), and I have cleared every Abyssal maps in GHB and LHB. I guess my point is that you don't necessarily need +10 units in this game to be successful(except reaching arena rank 20), FE is a strategy game after all, but I also can understand the feel of wanting a +10 character, it's pretty cool after all.

You're higher up than me. I consistently rank 16-17 in arena, but I'm happy with that. Being completely f2p and having distaste for copying popular builds, I have a sense of independent achievement and of creative expression in my units. Currently, I'd say my focus is on getting more copies of M!Kana, building up my Aether Keep the way I want it, summoning units I like and figuring out builds for them so that I can expand the number of usable teams I have. (I just got Laevatien (I probably didn't spell that right), Hrid and L!Ryouma, so I have more legendaries than Ike and Fjorm to work with.) Hrid and Leav are probably the projects I'm more excited about right now. My only +10 right now is Soren. M!Kana's at +5, though. It's nice to have a goal you can steadily work toward with certain results, as opposed to hoping for a good pull. :)

I'm sitting in tier 17.5, occasionally 18.5

In terms of summoning, Myrrh and Legendary Marth are my current focuses. In terms of Merging, several units. For Heroic Grails. Black Knight (I just finished Masked Marth). For common units, Nowi and Roy I'm working on especially.

Modes? I just do whatever. The game for me right now is making my units the best they can be and taking on challenges as the devs throw them at us. The way the game is designed keeps me interested. Especially with how many matchups there can be and how many skills and units there are

Edited by Arcphoenix

...As a strictly F2P player...

Arenawise--in the loop where I'm constantly dropping down from [20] to [19] then rising back to [20] again, but can't stay at [20] or get into crown territory.

Have classic Tiki, Nino, and Reindhart at [+10] as my standard arena line-up + one of w/e hero is in-season for the obligatory  score boost.

Tiki in addition to being at +10 is also my summoner supported unit

Focusing now on getting more merges for solid units commonly available at 3/4 star rarity, and building them up. (picking up a standalone power unit like V-Day Hector or Karla on the side is always great and they can certainly perform at the level of high-mergers at just their base level in the PvE environment, but you have no real control over when those are going to pop up. And for arena, you need mergers)

I have a Lucius at +8 atm that i sacked a 5 star genny and a takumi for  to give him [close counter + wrathful staff], for his painbot build. Put alot of work into him. He's great. Wouldn't mind getting him up to +10.

My Odin is at +4. My Nowi is at +5. My Cherche is at +2. 

Odin in particular I've been super impressed with since his upgrade patch. Sacked my bridal sanaki to optimize him; ([Eff] Odin's Grimoire + Def/Res Link 3 is no joke) and gave him Life and Death 3 to get his stat spread into acceptable offensive range.

He's been putting in a ton of work 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Pestering developers for new stuff and improvements to the game. But that's like a few messages of feedback a week.

Other than that, really nothing. I do content like GC, TT, VG, etc. just like everyone else, but with a bored attitude. I finished all of the CC a long time ago (around Myrrh's banner) and finish the new ones whenever I have time. I just do stuff when it comes out. I don't even need to bother with arena as I can just tip my toes into a certain score range to enjoy a match or two. I've piled up divine dew, refining stones, sacred coins. I wish I could use my dew, but there's nothing really interesting ever released for characters I like

My absolute main focus is collecting as many 5* units as possible. As a player willing to shell out... a few hundred USD at a time... for banners, I'm fortunately able to keep up with this goal and still hover around 19.5 in Arena (mostly thanks to lucky pulls of L!Tiki, WE!Tharja, and LA!Hector), and the feathers from all the absolutely useless useless fodder units means I can usually get a few 3*/4* units to 5* at a time, or get a good skill on one of my more used units.

Edited by Xenomata

My current focus is to maintain my Tier 21 status, whilst also achieving top 1K in Arena Assault as well. So far, I've been successful; 16 crowns and as well as Top 1K consistently for the majority of the year. My arena teams are essentially set at the moment, though I get the feeling with the likely addition of light/dark seasonals around the corner, that will change,

Whilst I am P2W, I'm also a strategic person by nature (I also respect F2P players). I study up as as much as I can on unit builds, team tactics, arena scoring and so on. It's not always down to having the best units. You still need to know how to use them.

My next focus is on improving in Aether Raids, though my time has been limited with playing that mode of late. My defense team is working extremely well, though I find offense takes a lot of careful planning and a lot of time and effort. I find myself rushing through it at times, just to tick off a box from the daily checklist.

I'm also in that Tier 17-18 Loop. I guess as of this moment, once the LHB battles end today, I'll go back to feather farming to get ready for the Winter Banners in case I pull some merges for my current projects. My highest merged unit is Lon'qu~ He's +5. Following him is Nowi at +3. Both are my major projects at the moment.

I also do want to get more 5*, there's plenty on my wishlist that I don't have yet and want to build. I haven't done but I think the first CC and maybe also one or two SA so I have a ton of those Orbs and Seals to collect. I may do that now that I'm totally done all the GHB Elite Quests.

In arena I am in tier 17 because I don't try very hard, I am at the point where I am working on getting everything I need for merges (feathers and grails) so that I can get to a higher level in arena and beat the last few CCs that have been getting the better of my teams.  So yeah merges are the top of my list right now, the highest I have right now is Ares he will be +8 once I get the feathers.  I am F2P for the most part and will be for the rest of the game's lifespan, so of course anything to do with orbs is important.

Edited by EricaofRenais

My current goals in order of priority:
1. Collect every Special Hero.
2. Collect every Dancer/Singer.
3. Build up more Firesweep nukes for my Blessing teams for Arena Assault/Blessed Gardens.
4. Collect more Distant Counter fodder.
5. Collect more Steady Breath/Warding Breath fodder.

I am currently bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20, although I am able to stay in Tier 20 for the past few weeks. I managed to break into Tier 21 last week, but I dropped back down to Tier 20 this week. For Arena Assault, I am usually in top 10,000.

Edited by XRay

Long Term Goals
1: Not needing to use guides. 
2: being able to do a lot of stuff eventually on my own and not be shocked that I did it. 
3: Do all the open challenges i have open. (this might not be achieved ie: GHB Elite 2). 
4: Get a fricken Micaiah. 
5: +10 said Micaiah, Myrrh, Flying!Nino, Ishtar, and Lewyn. (I'm patient. I can wait). 
6: get to a point where i always have a good chunk of orbs and i don't have to pay into it as much. 

Short Term Goals. 
1: get more feathers and then figure out who to promote to help me achieve #1 and #2 and #3 on my long term goal list. 
2: have everyone relatively trained up. (even the ogmas. who needs ogma?)
3: figure out how truly some skills work. i am still kinda clueless. on how it works.
4: Get a good IV Palla, Caeda and Est. (probably Catria, all things considered). 
5: Just continue to have fun :)

Right now, I'm pretty much just doing the requisite daily & weekly activities, which I find enjoyable, along with whatever else comes along. I usually try to tackle the Abyssal content when it comes out, if I have the time and desire to do it. I completed Ryoma's and Lucina's, but haven't gotten around to Hrid's yet, so it looks like I'll probably need to do that one on a future rotation. As for Aether Raids, I'm not super into the mode, so I mostly just do my two battles a day and go. I think the mode needs some adjustments, and it's not like I could do a whole lot more even if I wanted to, due to the cap on aether. I suppose I could work on my defenses, but I don't care enough for it.

As for the Arena, I bounce around between T19-21. I'm F2P, so I'm happy to have cracked T21 a few times. If I have a good bonus unit, I can usually at least stay in T20, perhaps rise to T21. If it's Askr/Fjorm, well, they're just not going to get enough bonus kills.

For Arena Assault, my current team of Tiki, Est, Cherche, & Fir (all 5*+10) consistently can get me in the ~5,200 range, which puts me in the 3k-5k bracket. There's no real way to improve my score without promoting some armors, and I just don't care enough about any of the armors in the 3-4* pool to want to raise them up.

For long-term projects, I'm just waiting to pull one more Catria in order to complete my set of 5*+10 Whitewings. Est and Palla are already finished, I just need another copy of Catria! I plan to eventually 5*+10 Masked Marth & Reinhardt, but I think I'll do a bit of promoting some units before jumping into another merge project. I'd also like to optimize the skills on some of my units.

Other than that, I'm saving up some orbs and hoping for some great new content when Book III comes out.

I used to be tier 19.5 but I ended up not caring about perfect arena runs any more so I dropped to tier 18. I used to want to stay near the top of my friend's list in aether raids but stopped playing that mode altogether. No longer in the competitive scene at all. Now I just want to collect orbs in anticipation of the RD banner in January. 

My current focus is to gather grails so I can +10 BK, I'd also like a few merges on Walhart and Aversa. That's really my main goal, a sort of side goal is gathering orbs incase we get a Begnion Zelgius, but I'm not too focused on orbs just now so that's just happening by itself.

Edited by Zelgius

currently nothing. I have given up to score as high as i can in Arena or AA. I build +10 units because i enjoy them and for quirky Team setups.

Since the introduction of Aether Raids i dont even do AA all the time, because i find it too much of a hassle to change my skill sets around Arena AA AR and PVE.

My main focus is really just staying in the top tier rankings for everything so I can get the most possible resources. When I am this obsessed with a game, I need to get everything I possibly can from the events and game modes. I've played since day 1 and have literally only missed one set of daily arena assault quests, which still haunts me to this day. However, I haven't been top tier in arena assault and arena every single week because I was more interested in building up characters I really liked and didn't invest in high BST units right away. Now I am a bit more focused on arena scoring and have been maintaining T21 for quite a few weeks along with top 1k arena assault. Unfortunately, all of my feathers go towards building up bonus units for the arena to help out for that season. When I get a break and have the bonus unit already built for the season, my feathers go towards working on my second blessing arena team. It has been rather stressful lately with aether raids coming out, as I now have a new mode to worry about ranking in, but it is something new to do at least.

I currently have four 5*+10 heroes already (Gwendolyn, Fae, A!Tiki, Nino) as a F2P, so I don't particularly feel the urge to merge anyone right now.  Maybe in the future I'll merge Sheena (need more copies) and Draug (holding until Red Infantry Duel comes out, and if it does, Olivia is going straight to +10 in a heartbeat).

Currently I'm T20.5, although with Gwendolyn recently as a bonus unit I stayed in T21 twice.  That might not happen again for a while unless this week's cutoff for staying T21 is 3790 or less.  I'm consistently top 5000 in AA with scores usually from 5200-5214.

My favorite mode is Tempest Trials, where I usually grind 45000-50000 feathers just from HM alone during Lunatic 7 manually.  (Yes, I really must be a lunatic, pun 100% intended.)  It's no fun watching the game practically play itself for me.  I realize that many folks like to use RD for feather farming, but in the long run I'll get more feathers by consistently ranking top 1000 in TT.  Each TT event nets me about 66000-71000 feathers from HM, overall rank (10,000 feathers) and reaching 50000 points (11,000 feathers).

Outside of TT, I usually spend feathers for 1-2 new 5* heroes a month (+Spd Sothe is likely next in line) to give me more options in AA and PvE and to inherit new weapons 1-2 times a month (Fjorm with Slaying Spear+, then probably either WE!Lissa for a Slaying Hammer+ or L'Arachel for Blarblade+) and pocket the rest.  Right now I have just over 260,000 feathers saved up; maybe I'll get to 999,999 by the end of June (or sooner).

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I know what you mean. Every banner that has Micaiah I just hope and pray! Ha!

minus the 5 stars (so 2).  i got this Legendary AND 2 others (I got 1 hunting for Lewyn, and Shigure from PA)- 
seven  5 stars  i have have been pity breaks on Micaiah's banner. 

I'm trying to pile up some currencies in the game in case some of my favourites return or appear in the game for the first time. I'll hold my orbs until Lewyn comes back(or binding blade gets something good), and I prepare my feathers and grails in case Gale shows up as GHB (yes, Gale > Idunn for that). While I'm on it, I'm going to build a few 5* units for fun, but not planning on +10 units, it's too high cost for me even in long term(maybe 1-2 exception).

Also, I'll ignore the Forging Bonds besides the daily orb reward, that grind is too much for my taste. I want to be more consistent in Arena Assault, but I'm ok with bouncing between 18 and 19. As for Aether Raid, I already have a team idea for defense, but I did not decide on the fort layout.

I’m working on some merge projects. Right now it’s Shigure, Marth, and saving up grails and feathers for Canas merges. I don’t care if anyone thinks he’s a bad unit, I’m going to make him the best!

Also I’m working on coming up with my own strategies for ghbs/bhbs/infernal levels, etc without using any guides.