Fighter Promotions  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fighter promotion do you like the most?

• Berserker (Axes only. Higher Crit rate)
    • Warrior (Axes & Bows)
    • Hero (Axes & Swords)
  2. 2. Which Fighter promotion do you like the least?

• Berserker (Axes only. Higher Crit rate)
    • Warrior (Axes & Bows)
    • Hero (Axes & Swords)

I think Warriors should receive a DEF buff. I mean, in almost any game, the label "warrior" is usually that of a tank class, so by making it a axe tank, you would get 3 possible variants of axe users. The Hero, the more balanced and fastest class of the 3, Berserker, the critical and high power class and the Warrior, the durable axe and bow wielding unit .

Edited by DiogoJorge

Berserker is my least favorite, because aside from the reliability issues, it's also extremely OOC for Fighters - about the only reason why it's a thing in Fates is that NPC Fighters in said game act more like bandits did in earlier titles (Case in point: Forrest's paralogue). Hero is my favorite.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I ended up choosing Berserker/Hero as my favorite and least favorite, despite Hero being one of my favorite classes. I'm a GBA vet so Fighter means to me Berserker/Warrior. Heroes belong on the mercenary tree.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I ended up choosing Berserker/Hero as my favorite and least favorite, despite Hero being one of my favorite classes. I'm a GBA vet so Fighter means to me Berserker/Warrior. Heroes belong on the mercenary tree.

The first time Heroes were fully separated from Swordmasters, they were a Fighter promotion. 

Also Myrmidons and Mercenaries weren't unique classes until FE6. 

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

The first time Heroes were fully separated from Swordmasters, they were a Fighter promotion. 

I should specify my first Fire Emblem, Blazing Sword then. Mercenaries became Heroes, Fighters became Warriors and Pirates became Berserkers. I never stopped thinking of Heroes as being more associated with swords, even when they became a promotion path for Fighters in FE8. Fates seems to agree with this interpretation too with Heroes having a higher sword rank cap than axes.

It's just a feeling for me though. Fighters ought to promote to axe focused classes.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I should specify my first Fire Emblem, Blazing Sword then. Mercenaries became Heroes, Fighters became Warriors and Pirates became Berserkers. I never stopped thinking of Heroes as being more associated with swords, even when they became a promotion path for Fighters in FE8. Fates seems to agree with this interpretation too with Heroes having a higher sword rank cap than axes.

It's just a feeling for me though. Fighters ought to promote to axe focused classes.

I was just sayin'. Fighters technically have a longer history of turning into Heroes than Mercenaries do. 

I guess we could get really pedantic and say Forests are the proto-Hero, but that's no fun. Also Forests sucked.