[FE1] Fire Emblem: Ballistafest

Dismissed

"What if everyone did use ballistae instead?"

So here's a quickly-made (as in the span of a night and an afternoon) hack of FE1 where all units except for Marth, Draug, Ogma, Barst, Hardin, Jeorge, Astram, fliers, magic users, dragons, generals, bosses, and playable thieves are now ballisticians. The catch? All playable units not recruited from enemies have retained their stats from the vanilla game. Shops and stats of certain characters and items have been altered to revolve around the ballista-infested game. Primary changes include:

Spoiler

Ballisticians have 3 strength/7 defense instead of 5/14 to make the game beatable.
Armorslayer, Ridersbane, and Hammer are now effective against ballisticians instead.
Legendary weapons are indestructible to compensate for the increased difficulty.
Units who were originally ballisticians or promoted are now five levels higher.
Those enemies with special swords, or ridersbanes now have thunderbolts and drop the weapons they originally had.
All ballisticians in Chapter 13 now drop their ballistae.
Marth, Caeda, Draug, Ogma, Barst, Merric, Jake, and Beck all have increased growths.
Ballistae have lower might to balance the game.
Ballista assignments generally depend on the unit's original weapons, although I might've missed a few:
Sword/Lance: Hoistflamme
Axe: Stonehoist
Bow: Arrowspate
Special Swords/Ridersbane/Hammer/Devil Weapons: Thunderbolt

Let me know if there's anything I missed. Have fun! Here's the link, patch it to a clean untranslated FE1 rom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uqlfgybkgyfc9i/Ballistafest.ips?dl=0

Edited by Purple Mage

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 7:00 AM, Kruggov said:

Oh thank god it's not in FE11.

That would've been DISASTROUS!

It being a hack of Shadow Dragon would take away the entire point of the hack, that being everyone riding in tanks.