Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

10 mins. for a presentation that's seemingly mostly going to be about book 3. I can only hope that Feh doesn't waste too much time with the intro, new units that are not important to book 3's story (essentially, any character that isn't an OC from FEH; for existing FE characters, there's New Heroes/Special Heroes trailers for that), and any game changes that don't drastically change the game (read: don't put any info on QoL changes or refinery updates unless it's something huge like passive skill refinery into the presentation).

Timing is fine for me. 6PM on Monday; not an issue.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do a lot in a 10 minute presentation, tons of info can be covered.  However Feh lollygags way too much and talks so so slow on top of that.  It is like one of those shows for toddlers, but I think the average age of a Heroes player is much more than that.  

Anyways all they have to do is announce beasts and it will be a smashing success in my eyes.  I think a good time to do it, however maybe we get the book 3 trailer, news on light/dark blessing instead.  Then the datamine on the 3.0 update reveals new weapon types for the upcoming beast units.  Allowing the fanbase to speculate and grow more and more excited in expectation.  Before...bam, they drop the beast banner!  

1 hour ago, Mau said:

tbf Book II did introduce some game changing things:

• Weapon Refinery
  • Staff units got better skills
  • Adjustment of Special skills cooldown
  • Barracks expension by 100
  • Stamina was capped to 10 for Story/Paralogues

Not only new chapters were added, the game and the units within it were improved in multiple ways. So it's not outrageous to hope this next big update will again do something about the state the game's in, especially since a lot of people are getting bored with it now. And Beast units are long overdue and the fact that Selkie wasn't added to the last Farfetched banner as a non-beast unit could mean they were planning to add beasts sooner than later, so again not a weird thing to hope for during this update. And a new story is a better excuse to introduce a new kind of unit than anything really.

I guess none of those things (aside from Weapon Refinery and Staff units) was really GAME changing and huge and needs more than a minute at most to explain. Barracks and stamina and adjustment of special skills were just quality of life things (all nice), but not really big. 

And I don't think it's an outrageous hope, I just don't feel like it's a very logical one to be expecting these huge updates, when they just gave us a pretty big one. The biggest thing I'd expect is beast units (which if it's the free/new unit would make PERFECT sense), but also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Haha. 

I just think everyone is putting too many eggs into ONE basket and thinking this update is gonna do EVERYTHING when at most I think it's only gonna do one or two things. I'd expect some things to be addressed here (TBD what they are) and the rest to be addressed at the anniversary. But everyone being negative and freaking out about it being 10 minutes seems silly, since I don't know how anyone could logically expect a 15-20 minute reveal, because of what we've recently gotten.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

You can do a lot in a 10 minute presentation, tons of info can be covered.  However Feh lollygags way too much and talks so so slow on top of that.  It is like one of those shows for toddlers, but I think the average age of a Heroes player is much more than that.  

Anyways all they have to do is announce beasts and it will be a smashing success in my eyes.  I think a good time to do it, however maybe we get the book 3 trailer, news on light/dark blessing instead.  Then the datamine on the 3.0 update reveals new weapon types for the upcoming beast units.  Allowing the fanbase to speculate and grow more and more excited in expectation.  Before...bam, they drop the beast banner!  

not really, i dont care for beast units and i am sure i am not the only one. that alone wont sell it to me...

Assuming that beast units get released, then what? People get what they wanted and hype for beast units will die down. Same with OCs for example. People want them. They get released and some time later nothing of value was gained (I honestly feel so hollow after getting the Muspell sisters, who I vowed to save so many orbs for). Basically any character added to the game be it L!Marth or Leif can have this applied to them.

FEH needs to do something to keep players invested long-term, not just a weapon type or new units. The addition of beast units (if that's really the only important thing in the update, which I doubt, but I'm bringing this up as a counter-argument to "just beast units is all it'll take to win over players") won't solve core issues plaguing the game that can push away players. Might be nice for a banner or something, but for beast units to be a major spotlight for the beginning of a new book, which needs to keep players invested long-term and not short-term, is rather wasteful (at most I can see it as a cherry on top, but if Feh thinks it's a huge deal and will affect the enjoyment of nearly all players for early 2019 then I'll just do the Jackie Chan what face). A meme will die and people will stop being demanding for beast units just because others were. People move on from these units and unless they're Bector level of broken, they'll be put aside.

26 minutes ago, Noir said:

This is disappointingly short. You'd think what with monthly revenue being down so much, IS would be pulling all the stops out

Funnily enough you'd think that they'd have put groom Marth on a banner (I will consider the possibility that maybe they thought it would be a good idea to be generous). They must have really underestimated legendary Marth's success because that banner was a goldmine and not doing the same with groom Marth makes my head ache. I feel like they're inept when it comes to certain decisions, especially money attracting banners. Surtr, one of the best units in the game and whalebait. Not much care and most likely the worst performing new heroes banner as that banner was so much further away from the top grossing rankings of other new hero banners. I think this was an issue of timing, but it goes to show how planning goes for IS

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

not really, i dont care for beast units and i am sure i am not the only one. that alone wont sell it to me...

Well I said in my eyes, I'm sure many people also feel as you do.  Another thing that would really satisfy me is if the story writing for book 3 is engrossing, in depth, and of highest quality.  There are numerous major issues, I'd like those to be solved as well of course.  

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Honestly, above all else, I wish they'd change Feh's dialogue. It really does sound like a Preschool teacher.

11 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, above all else, I wish they'd change Feh's dialogue. It really does sound like a Preschool teacher.

Yes while Feh is cute, it is honestly insulting to the viewers intelligence how she speaks.  Maybe they are doing it to stretch time, like look this channel is 10 minutes or 18 minutes!!! Wow!  Yeah in a board presentation that 18 minutes could cover countless ideas and content, but we get like 2 or 3 things revealed at molasses speed.  If they only have little to reveal then just make it 5 minutes or whatever and save everyone's time.  

My 2 cents on Beasts: I'm indifferent to them, and part of the reason is that IS really needs to commit to them for them to mean anything: we need a steady stream of Beast units and related skills (e.g. Valors, Beastbreakers), not just the initial banner and one per Seasonal as we've been getting with colored bows/ daggers. And let's not forget lonely F!Grima as our sole Colorless Dragon!

3 hours ago, Noir said:

This is disappointingly short. You'd think what with monthly revenue being down so much, IS would be pulling all the stops out

I think that is due to a lack of Foci rather than current Foci not doing well. There is usually always a Special Hero Focus or two actively selling limited units, but during the past few weeks there are none.

3 hours ago, Noir said:

I think you're underestimating the time lag involved. The stuff they're announcing here is stuff they decided on several months in advance. They can't just throw in a bunch of new features in response to developments from the past month or so.

8 hours ago, Mau said:

Ooh I didn't know their votes were split, thanks for telling me. Hmm in that case I'm not sure what to expect on the first banner, though it could still very well be 100% Fates knowing how IS seems to be biased towards that game and Awakening. But combining the most popular beasts with less popular ones makes sense too, it is how banners often work.

Whatever happens, I do think Selkie should be on the first banner no matter what. She would've been in the Farfetched Heroes 2.0 banner if she wasn't a beast simply because beasts don't exist yet. So as soon as they do she should get her rightful place in the game asap imo.

Glad I could be of assistance!  I try to be a spokesperson for the laguz, since PR/RD aren't the most popular games- they need more exposure (which IS seems loathe to give).  I wouldn't be surprised if 100% Fates is the first banner, but I would be a little disappointed.  Selkie at least deserves to get in soon.  At least RD is coming in January.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I think you're underestimating the time lag involved. The stuff they're announcing here is stuff they decided on several months in advance. They can't just throw in a bunch of new features in response to developments from the past month or so.

Exactly! 100% agree with this.

Like everything planned here was based on data they had MONTHS ago. Everyone is like, "I'm bored NOW, so they should fix it NOW" as if development doesn't take time! If they rush it, we'll just get crappy game modes and nobody will be satisfied.

They'll address current issues, but it will take a while. Why else do you guys think we got that note about banners we'd be getting in January and MARCH? Because they had it planned, but really far into the future and didn't realize they'd have so many people clamoring for it. Not that I don't think they should have been better about it from the get go, but clearly they hear the complaints and see the issues and are hopefully trying to be better. But we can't look at every new update that's coming in the next month to fix the things that are happening now.

2 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Exactly! 100% agree with this.

Like everything planned here was based on data they had MONTHS ago. Everyone is like, "I'm bored NOW, so they should fix it NOW" as if development doesn't take time! If they rush it, we'll just get crappy game modes and nobody will be satisfied.

They'll address current issues, but it will take a while. Why else do you guys think we got that note about banners we'd be getting in January and MARCH? Because they had it planned, but really far into the future and didn't realize they'd have so many people clamoring for it. Not that I don't think they should have been better about it from the get go, but clearly they hear the complaints and see the issues and are hopefully trying to be better. But we can't look at every new update that's coming in the next month to fix the things that are happening now.

its 3.0 update... you either go big or fail and 10 min is really to short to show big... meaning they havent  planned shit

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Assuming that beast units get released, then what? People get what they wanted and hype for beast units will die down. Same with OCs for example. People want them. They get released and some time later nothing of value was gained (I honestly feel so hollow after getting the Muspell sisters, who I vowed to save so many orbs for). Basically any character added to the game be it L!Marth or Leif can have this applied to them.

FEH needs to do something to keep players invested long-term, not just a weapon type or new units. The addition of beast units (if that's really the only important thing in the update, which I doubt, but I'm bringing this up as a counter-argument to "just beast units is all it'll take to win over players") won't solve core issues plaguing the game that can push away players. Might be nice for a banner or something, but for beast units to be a major spotlight for the beginning of a new book, which needs to keep players invested long-term and not short-term, is rather wasteful (at most I can see it as a cherry on top, but if Feh thinks it's a huge deal and will affect the enjoyment of nearly all players for early 2019 then I'll just do the Jackie Chan what face). A meme will die and people will stop being demanding for beast units just because others were. People move on from these units and unless they're Bector level of broken, they'll be put aside.

Maybe they can remove time limits on Special Maps and bring back a lot of old content permanently, or at least on a rotation like Grand Hero Battles. I personally prefer no rotation and have all maps available at all times. It will give players who have not done them before a little more something to do. Similarly, they can also bring back old events like Tap Battles, Tempest Trials, and Forging Bonds. Tempest Trials and Forging Bonds are super grindy too; grind is not the most elegant of solutions, but I think it is worth considering. Some of these will also give newer players a taste of what veteran players went through, like how abysmally grindy the first few Tempest Trial was (99,999 points and no daily bonus points!) or how awfully implemented the first Relay Defense was.

Aether Raids is limited right now due to its stamina system, but I think they will eventually release an unlimited version of it like how Arena Assault is compared to Arena.

Edited by XRay

21 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

As a note, I agree with you, but to play Devil's Advocate, it seems like this game at least (not sure about other gachas) operates on a series of short-term incentives. I mean yeah, now Legendary Mart, Lief, etc. being in the game is a nonfactor, but how much good will did those translate to? True, it's diminishing returns, but I'm curious how long they could extend it just by adding the next batch of characters people have been clamoring for.

Also, just a thought as to a QoL change. Let us change skills from the character screen/pre-battle for modes like AA, CC, etc. That alone would be a game-changer. Do something like go to the character page and hold down on the skill slot, then it pops up the list of skills available for that slot and lets you pick. It'd be more actions, but less scrolling, and there's nothing to stop them from making the skill list button what's currently learn/equip skills.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Also, just a thought as to a QoL change. Let us change skills from the character screen/pre-battle for modes like AA, CC, etc. That alone would be a game-changer. Do something like go to the character page and hold down on the skill slot, then it pops up the list of skills available for that slot and lets you pick. It'd be more actions, but less scrolling, and there's nothing to stop them from making the skill list button what's currently learn/equip skills.

Absolutely, equipping skills really needs streamlining.

While this goes against my minimalist mindset, I wonder if they'll announce an easier way to get Grails? As rewards for completing Story Missions/ Chain Challenges perhaps? I know I'd much prefer Grails to 400 feathers for the latter...

Edited by DefyingFates

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

While this goes against my minimalist mindset, I wonder if they'll announce an easier way to get Grails? As rewards for completing Story Missions/ Chain Challenges perhaps? I know I'd much prefer Grails to 400 feathers for the latter...

Another source of grails would be fantastic. As is, it'd take about 12 weeks to +10 one of the more plentiful GHB units if you get every grail possible, i.e. tier 21 and top rank. I get that they don't want people running around with a bunch of +10s, but that's still a crawl. Maybe do something like switch the badges out for grails in the rival domains maps? I mean, does anyone actually not have enough badges?

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I second this!  You should send them feedback, because this would indeed be very useful!  I would go further and also allow you to pick from your own skill sets - perhaps up to 5 (for arena, AA, GHB/BHB/LHB, Aether Raids, etc.) - for each character (instead of each team) so that in a couple of taps, you have the skills you want.

27 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Another source of grails would be fantastic. As is, it'd take about 12 weeks to +10 one of the more plentiful GHB units if you get every grail possible, i.e. tier 21 and top rank. I get that they don't want people running around with a bunch of +10s, but that's still a crawl. Maybe do something like switch the badges out for grails in the rival domains maps? I mean, does anyone actually not have enough badges?

Not enough badges, you say? 

Seriously, I'd love to see Grails given out in RD maps in lieu of Great Badges.  I'd also replace the Universal Crystals in TT with Heroic Grails at at least the 8,000- and 18,750-point levels, or perhaps have the daily TT quests give a handful of Grails just like with Refining Stones.  Now who doesn't have enough Crystals?

Hopefully they'll overhaul some quests in the future to give out newer rewards like Divine Dew, Grails, etc., especially the monthly ones.  They're long overdue to be updated.

I imagine Grails and Aether Stones will both become easier to get over time.

I mean, every time they've introduced some level of new currency, it takes a while before they really start coming. Remember when the game started and everyone freaked out over the 20,000 feather requirement to promote a unit to 5*? Now feathers are so plentiful that most get that amount through little effort. :)

Rarity locked skills should be removed. It's completely stupid and all it does is just make several units garbage fodder. They just end up being feathers. And it could potentially add variety to builds

I don't even mind Rarity locked Skills, but they need to spread them out more~ Like I shouldn't have to kill off all my Kleins just to get Death Blow 3 at 4*, give me some other unit that can get it at 4*~ Give us 4* Guard and QR, etc~ The 5* exclusivity is not what's annoying, IMO, it's that some fairly common skills need to be spread more at 4* in the first place.

On 2018-12-08 at 12:09 AM, Hilda said:

its 3.0 update... you either go big or fail and 10 min is really to short to show big... meaning they havent  planned shit

Anniversaries are when they go big, not book updates. Even with Book 2's weapon refinery... it wasn't that big of a thing, particularly since the new weapons are added in at an iv drip pace. Staff updates were pretty minor as well, basically just adding on the missing tier for them. Everything else was just changing a few numbers around.

If they decide they need to go into "panic mode", development takes time. It would be a few months at least... which is conveniently right around the anniversary mark. Don't expect anything major until then. 

Oof. I just realized that the Feh channel occurs a day later than I originally thought it did. I'll still be sleeping that time so won't matter much, but it'll be on a less stressful day