Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

Well that was certainly an intriguing channel! 

Story: I hope that Eir, Hel and the others get a lot of character development and the story is really good.  Their designs look absolutely great!

New blessings: I do have a concern about them.  Will characters be able to equip two blessings now - one from the old rotation and one from the new - or will it still be one only?  I'd hate to overwrite a blessing for Aether Raids since most of the characters I use on offense have already been blessed.  Will they have new maps for Blessed Gardens for the new blessings?

BEAST UNITS!  I thought they'd wait until February, but it's good to see them finally get some love.

Summon Tickets look promising.  It's a shame that they won't carry over to other banners, otherwise I'd hoard them in a heartbeat for a banner I want.  I hope they change that in the future.  I'm curious to see if they'll be only for new banners or for all banners - as long as there's still a free summon in some way available on every banner, I'll be happy.

Hero Fest!  I'm glad they're doing those again.  I'd much rather summon from those than Legendary Banners.  Will there be monthly Hero Fests for each new Mythic Hero?  I certainly hope so!

We get at least 38 orbs tomorrow!  29 from Chapters 1 and 2 (Eir likely takes the place of an orb at the end of Chapter 1 on Normal), 8 from the new Chain Challenge (Chapters 1 and 2), and 1 from Arena streak if you spend at least one Dueling Crest.

tl;dr - I'm cautiously optimistic right now.  Can't wait!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Well that was certainly an intriguing channel! 

Story: I hope that Eir, Hel and the others get a lot of character development and the story is really good.  Their designs look absolutely great!

New blessings: I do have a concern about them.  Will characters be able to equip two blessings now - one from the old rotation and one from the new - or will it still be one only?  I'd hate to overwrite a blessing for Aether Raids since most of the characters I use on offense have already been blessed.  Will they have new maps for Blessed Gardens for the new blessings?

BEAST UNITS!  I thought they'd wait until February, but it's good to see them finally get some love.

Summon Tickets look promising.  It's a shame that they won't carry over to other banners, otherwise I'd hoard them in a heartbeat for a banner I want.  I hope they change that in the future.  I'm curious to see if they'll be only for new banners or for all banners - as long as there's still a free summon in some way available on every banner, I'll be happy.

Hero Fest!  I'm glad they're doing those again.  I'd much rather summon from those than Legendary Banners.  Will there be monthly Hero Fests for each new Mythic Hero?  I certainly hope so!

We get at least 38 orbs tomorrow!  29 from Chapters 1 and 2 (Eir likely takes the place of an orb at the end of Chapter 1 on Normal), 8 from the new Chain Challenge (Chapters 1 and 2), and 1 from Arena streak if you spend at least one Dueling Crest.

tl;dr - I'm cautiously optimistic right now.  Can't wait!

Yeah, I'm curious about how the blessings will work. If I'm going to make a personal guess, I don't think they'll allow 2 blessings on a unit, but that would be preferable. Blessings aren't exactly infinite resources.

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, if we're going to get a trailer at all tonight, it should be in about half an hour.

Nothing on the Youtube channel. Maybe they're waiting for when the update goes up so we can see it ingame?

Hopefully some GHB units get alts so that they can be suitable bosses for some chapters,

Here are some that would be great to see an alt of:

-Julius along with an Ishtar alt

-Some of the 12 Deadlords can become part of Julius's chapter

-Camus as Zeke along with Tatiana 

-Garon Alt (Sword User) along with Arete

-Berkut Alt along with RInea

Other units that would be nice to see as chapter bosses would be

Keaton 

Kaden

Some of the Laguz

Panne 

It's almost here so let's just wait. 

Edited by Cron

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:
  Hide contents

I WILL MURDER WHATEVER CHARACTER LOKI OR HEL OR WHOEVER WANTS ME TO IF THEY GIVE ME GUSTAV.

Also, mama Sharena looks adorable.

@Rezzy Since I feel like she'll be potentially pleased with said events.

OMG but same. My first thought was "Omg, who is this hunk?!" And then I realized I'm shameful. XD But either way. <33 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Nothing on the Youtube channel. Maybe they're waiting for when the update goes up so we can see it ingame?

And the answer is, no new banner. What the fuck?

Right okay, that was the best FEH Channel we've had in ages. The trailer was gorgeously animated, and that music! Was not expecting that. My boy Alfonse is going to be absolutely devastated, and his face punched me in the gut.

Eir is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly, the designs for Book III are so much better than Book II's, it's not even funny. I have high hopes for Book III.

Summoning Tickets are a nice way to save orbs, I hated having to use 5 orbs to start a session, so this is a blessing.

I've missed Hero Fest so much, I'm usually lucky on them, so I'll be summoning on red and blue stones.

The new seasons don't bother me at all, and Mythic Heroes makes me roll my eyes, but it's too early to judge yet.

And then...flipping Tibarn! One of my few Tellius favourites! Hopefully Reyson, Leanne and Ranulf will be joining him too.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

The new seasons don't bother me at all, and Mythic Heroes makes me roll my eyes, but it's too early to judge yet.

Lift can be increased with Mythic Hero merges

Just finished the two new chapters. Music was great, but the pacing was really bad... It just seemed like such a slow start, and nothing too out of place for Fire Emblem... I'm not too fond of Eir either, considering she seems to be sort of like a generic icy character that warms up through interactions with others... I might change my mind later on, though...

2 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

Just finished the two new chapters. Music was great, but the pacing was really bad... It just seemed like such a slow start, and nothing too out of place for Fire Emblem... I'm not too fond of Eir either, considering she seems to be sort of like a generic icy character that warms up through interactions with others... I might change my mind later on, though...

Really? I thought the pacing was really good. I was worried they'd rush into things (especially regarding the Askr King and Queen) but instead they actually took a little time to set the stage and give some meaningful conversations before things go south.

Book 2's biggest issue was how rushed things got near the end and nothing really developed well. I'm hoping they learned from that.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Really? I thought the pacing was really good. I was worried they'd rush into things (especially regarding the Askr King and Queen) but instead they actually took a little time to set the stage and give some meaningful conversations before things go south.

Book 2's biggest issue was how rushed things got near the end and nothing really developed well. I'm hoping they learned from that.

True. I was just hoping that we would get closer to the events featured in the trailer. Particularly with the second person lying on the ground is. I'm guessing it's Kiran, considering what we've seen so far, but there's no obvious pointers…

33 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Whelp, can confirm, you do NOT get to equip both an original blessing and a new one. That's bullcrap, complete and utter bullcrap. I'm definitely sending feedback about this, and I encourage others to do the same.

you can't what? (sorry i don't understand this).

Just now, daisy jane said:

you can't what? (sorry i don't understand this).

They are talking about the new light and dark blessings. If the character has one of the blessings from the four original seasons equipped, they can't equip one of the new light or dark blessings at the same time.

Just now, wheelsonfire said:

They are talking about the new light and dark blessings. If the character has one of the blessings from the four original seasons equipped, they can't equip one of the new light or dark blessings at the same time.

oh. thanks :) that's kinda sucky..

So. I got Eir. she's really nice. interesting build set too 
i hope i'll be able to get a good IV copy soon. (I did the Lunatic story - so i did get extra orbs, but i want to save some of these ones for when "I need them" vs. getting them all now. 

55 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

OMG but same. My first thought was "Omg, who is this hunk?!" And then I realized I'm shameful. XD But either way. <33 

Yeah, for me at least, while I still want the shit out of Hrid, it's amazing how absolutely quickly he got overshadowed as #1 male OC.

As for the chapters, I still like Eir's design a lot--she's gorgeous--and she's a very fun, basically pre-built unit, but I'm not particularly impressed with the story. It's building up to be very similar to book 2 and the writing seemed super, super clunky. Anna's little outburst, while in fairly in character, was just so awkwardly worded (I'm reminded why exclamation points are suggested with caution), and talk about death by foreshadowing. I feel like Lif and Thrasir will probably end up playing into the theme of what it means to be a ruler that they've been pushing for a bit now and seem to have amped up with Alphonse. As long as it's not as painfully slow or as narratively indecisive as book 2 though, I'll be content.

I'm also reminded why it is exactly I like Alphonse and Sharena in the videos. Tjey look like they're actually semi-grown up. I always got the impression they were supposed to be in their late teens like most FE protags, but the difference in stature between Gustav and Henriette and Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna highlights how they look like they're about 10-12.

As negative as all that sounds, I'm not actually displeased. The story was serviceable and it's an excuse for new characters plus a pretty sweet free one.

Oh yeah, Lif's weapon would be freaking sweet to partner up with a desperation nuke. Like he gets a shitload of stats and they get their desperation active without wasting an action.

Edited by bottlegnomes

14 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

As negative as all that sounds, I'm not actually displeased. The story was serviceable and it's an excuse for new characters plus a pretty sweet free one.

EH. I would be surprised if Eir's arc was not essentualy identical to cat sith's from ff7. Villan prefends to join heroes, ends up deciding to actualy join heroes.

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

EH. I would be surprised if Eir's arc was not essentualy identical to cat sith's from ff7. Villan prefends to join heroes, ends up deciding to actualy join heroes.

Oh almost certainly. I maybe should've clarified free unit. Aside from being partial to her design, Eir seems pretty forgettable as a character. I actually liked Fjorm more. Then again, I didn't have nearly the level of dislike for her most seemed to. But as a unit, she's a heck of a lot of fun.

Speaking of, I'd really like to see the Nifl brood back. As absent as they were, I found them endearing.

I love Hel's design and I'm sad once again about the guy/girl ratio. And Lif is an infantry sword unit. That's boring. Seriously, I think a similar game targeting female players wouldn't make much less money, but there doesn't seem to be any (in English).

Still prefer Hrid over Gustav. And not just so I can justify the money I used to get him.

Wish the Askr parents had switched hair colors at least. They look like clones.

There is not much else to say, we didn't get a lot of news after all... I sincerely hope no character with a legendary version gets a mythical version... though I'm not sure what characters they can use then beside OCs.

Generic enemies come in all flavours and colours now, that's cool.