Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

So far the story is already 10x better than Book 2 (not that high a bar considering 2 can be sufficiently summed up as "hurr durr Sutr evil hurr" but still). Alphonse getting some conflict with his dad is welcome amd developes him more as a character. Sharena also got some dialogue again, though I hope she gets to say and do more before the trailer happens. Anna had a great moment showing of her tactical knowledge. The characters actually get to do something again instead of mindlessly following the plot-rails.

Eir hasn't shown much yet, but all things point to her having a very conflicted "Mother Gothel" style relationship with her mom. I wish people didn't blow her off immediately just because she is more reserved at this point. Speaking of Hel, her design absolutely rocks. Glad they didn't just make her a generic sexy lady, but actually incorporated the mythological canon into her appearance. Lif amd Thrasir's designs are just ugly though imo. On the whole I am cautiously optimistic as to how thing will progress from here.

As for other things from the channel:

Aether raids is completely falling to pieces now. Good thing I am fine with waiting a bit longer on getting the merges I need and only really desire to +10 one character. 

Tickets essentially give you one free summon a day, which I am fine with. I wonder if the new best strategy is to wait until the last day of a banner event and then use all the stock-piled tickets together with your orbs? So long as free summon stays I am fine with this.

And now best units!! I can't wait. All my orbs will be saved for this. Thanks to Intsys' generosity I hope to have at least 300 orbs for this banner. If Reyson is on there with Tibarn, Nailah and Ranulf, it will mean I somehow have to try and get all 4 of them (though Reyson and Tibarn would take priority)

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Nanima said:

So far the story is already 10x better than Book 2 (not that high a bar considering 2 can be sufficiently summed up as "hurr durr Sutr evil hurr" but still).

Book 2's opening was really good tho'. The problem was... later, not the opening.

3 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Book 2's opening was really good tho'. The problem was... later, not the opening.

Eh Book 2 opening was basically just Nifl being invaded and the team finding Fjorm. There was very little else going on and we had entire chapters with no dialogue. Definitely not terrible, but not exactly thrilling by any means. 

It was okay.

Beast units are good. I am already disliking Hel, which I guess is a good thing. I guess I will crush her like I crushed Surtr; no one touches my waifus like that and gets away with it.

Mythic Blessings clashing with Legendary Blessings is a dick move though. I am not a fan of what is essentially buying your way out of Aether Raids with bonus units either; I just hope they do not introduce any more crap like BST and SP into the mode.

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Whelp, can confirm, you do NOT get to equip both an original blessing and a new one. That's bullcrap, complete and utter bullcrap. I'm definitely sending feedback about this, and I encourage others to do the same.

I sent feedback too.

"Not allowing Heroes to have both a Legendary Blessing and a Mythic Blessing is an asinine idea. Not every player has enough good Heroes to put Blessings on, and forcing players to switch Blessings on their Heroes is an unpleasant experience."

That was about as strong as I could word it. I hope they get the idea.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

It was okay.

Beast units are good. I am already disliking Hel, which I guess is a good thing. I guess I will crush her like I crushed Surtr; no one touches my waifus like that and gets away with it.

Mythic Blessings clashing with Legendary Blessings is a dick move though. I am not a fan of what is essentially buying your way out of Aether Raids with bonus units either; I just hope they do not introduce any more crap like BST and SP into the mode.

I sent feedback too.

"Not allowing Heroes to have both a Legendary Blessing and a Mythic Blessing is an asinine idea. Not every player has enough good Heroes to put Blessings on, and forcing players to switch Blessings on their Heroes is an unpleasant experience."

That was about as strong as I could word it. I hope they get the idea.

A part of me has the feeling that they're filtering feedback with topics they don't want to deal with

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

A part of me has the feeling that they're filtering feedback with topics they don't want to deal with

I classified mine under Allies Menu, maybe I will send another feedback or two under Characters and/or Other after the next update if they do not address it.

This channel was better than expected for me actually, I'm really glad about that :D

The music was absolutely awful for sure though, but that whole cinematic looked amazing. Really loving the look of Eir and Hel, not much of a fan of Líf and Thrasir. Líf looks too....edgy? And Thrasir like an anime super hero, meh. Not sure about the story yet, it looks more interesting than Book 2 for sure but I don't trust their writing at all. So happy we get Eir for free though, she's so pretty, especially her pegasus! And a new type too, being a flying dagger. Making room for her on my very full flier teams is gonna be hard though D:

New seasons and Mythic heroes
I was really excited about more seasons and more heroes to go with it but... them only being useful in Aether Raids sucks bad. As long as Aether Raids doesn't offer any orbs or feathers I just don't care for it. And as more people have said, this inclusion actually ruins one of the biggest things that Aether Raids had over Arena: being able to play with whatever units you want. Now that Aether Raid-specific blessings and heroes that raise your lift are a thing, that's completely down the drain.

Not being able to put both a Mythic and Legendary blessing on heroes makes this even worse. With the Blessed Grounds having three maps now pratically all my units are carrying a Legendary blessing and I sure as hell am not going to change that anytime soon, since Legendary blessings are still very much a thing and we're still getting new Grounds maps.

One thing I do like about the Mythic Heroes is: Only godlike characters from the Fire Emblem series can become Mythic Heroes”. Please let this mean that we get Mila, please.

First summon tickets
I 100% dig this. Getting a bunch of free summons? Cool. Saving myself 5 orbs daily when seriously summoning for a unit? Awesome. I also don't mind that their limited to a specific banner and that they expire, just happy we get more free summons at all.

Hero Fest
Don't really care for any of these heroes sadly. Eir is cool but I'm fine with just the free neutral one. Might try for Owain though cause my Soleil does still need Wrath.

BEASTS
YES FINALLY! I'm so glad they didn't disappoint in this regard and really happy they've already announced it while we won't get them until January. It's just nice knowing that it's going to happen and finally something is being announced not a day beforehand, giving me some time to digest it. Kinda disappointed Selkie isn't the first beast we get though, being the highest voted one on CYL 2 she definitely deserved that but oh well. She better be the next one after the RD banner though or else I will definitely complain.

Edited by Mau

Thinking more about the missing banner, I'm inclined to stop making too much of a fuss until we see the schedule for the rest of the month. If we get both Christmas and New Year's banners, that's still two main banners for the month. I'd been hoping for a New Heroes banner in addition to those, but I can understand them not doing that, it's not the same as if we ended up with just one main banner for the month.

14 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Karimlan You like this?

I do. It made me laugh, after all. Seriously though, the second series of the Berserk anime (post-Golden Age to be sure) had a better soundtrack. Why in the name of FUCK would IS do a deathcore thing for Book III is beyond me, when there's better music out there that fits the theme. Yup, it's not death metal, it's not even metal.

Now, for quick positive hits, after I got that big negative (in my book, yeah) out of the way:

• They did good on Hel's design at least. She isn't an otherworldly buxom, she's just otherworldly.
  • Beast units. Looking to see how they will shake things up. Glad it's Tibarn and Nailah too.
  • Intro cinematic is tastefully done.
  • Summoning coupons are a nice little way to reset your roll if you're getting bum units.

As for Mythical units, I'll suspend judgment on these for now.

Edited by Karimlan

I kind of wish the two founders of the realms (meaning Askr and Embla, can't actually spell their names) didn't look so much like their descendants... It makes sense, but it's a bit confusing... They're actually the most interesting of the new characters, because to get into Hel's realm, one either has to die a death not in battle or not be worthy as a warrior, or, in more recent interpretations, live a dishonorable life. Yet these two were honorable enough to get into the history books, and are clearly powerful in battle. So I'm wondering what exactly they did in life that made them become soldiers of Hel in death...

It's also interesting because it's one of the few times in the series where the legendary heroes from thousands of years ago play a major role in the main story (the only other examples being Forseti and Athos, since Marth wasn't considered a legendary hero at the time of his story, and didn't do anything major by the time he was one; Nagi also might fit here, but considering the lore, she's debatable, and her appearances are mostly optional anyway). Definitely the first time they're clearly not on the player's side (although the Dragon King in FE9 and FE10 did fight against the player, but only because he wanted to protect his country rather than out of malice and spent the entirety of the first game as a neutral character; Lehran also fought against the player from the same series, although it was only out of sheer desperation, and he joins the player directly after that, assuming his recruitment conditions are fulfilled; he is also neutral throughout most of both games up until his fight, and he can get forgiven and spared for what happened on top of that)...

Is anyone else also kind of annoyed that Hel is evil here? It seems like every single depiction based off of Norse mythology has her be completely evil, but in the original Norse mythology, she was a neutral character (unless I'm not remembering correctly)...

Does anyone think that Loki still isn't really that loyal to Hel? She hasn't done anything to really cement her allegiance, or express much desire to be loyal to the realm of the dead... Of course, it could be because it's the beginning of the story, but I wouldn't put it past Loki to be simply playing around with Hel too...

Edited by wheelsonfire

4 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

I kind of wish the two founders of the realms (meaning Askr and Embla, can't actually spell their names) didn't look so much like their descendants... It makes sense, but it's a bit confusing... They're actually the most interesting of the new characters, because to get into Hel's realm, one either has to die a death not in battle or not be worthy as a warrior, or, in more recent interpretations, live a dishonorable life. Yet these two were honorable enough to get into the history books, and are clearly powerful in battle. So I'm wondering what exactly they did in life that made them become soldiers of Hel in death...

Option A: Plot convenience.

Option B: Something something something, what it means to be a ruler.

As for Dheggy, it was more because he was like y'all screwed up. Now everybody gotta die. Them's was the deal. I know I'm being nitpicky with that so apologies.

IIRC on Hel, she sided With Fenrir and Loki to destroy Asgard during Ragnarok, but my Norse mythology is rusty. And absolutely on Loki. I highly doubt she has any real loyalty to anyone.

19 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hopefully this makes people stop shortening Eirika’s name.

I was just thinking how Eir's screwed up how I name my fanart folders (with abbreviations of character names). Oops xD

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if transforming is linked to starting a turn with your Special fully charged.

I'm expecting Transformation to work like wave skills, personally (it'd be a callback to the biorhythm mechanic too). Maybe Tibarn shifts on odd turns and Nailah on even ones? (I'm thinking any intervals longer than that will be too long for standard FEH maps). I wonder how laguz dragons will work; maybe all their weapons will have built in DC (assuming all Laguz are melee units and laguz dragons won't just be FEH!Dragons)?

18 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Surtr’s Sinmara was already a scythe-like axe, so I don’t expect anything different here either.

Agreed. That said, I wouldn't put it past IS to make a colourless melee weapon just to mess with us.

18 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

So... Mythic Heroes. This just became Pokemon, guys.

I KNEW I'd seen "Legendary" and "Mythic" descriptors in the same place before!

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh my gosh. So, on the artwork advertising Book 3, it's pretty easy to spot all the featured characters. But the white gem in Alfonse's sword is glowing the same blue as Lif's torso. What a nice touch! Not sure if anyone else noticed that the red magic Thrasir uses looks the same as the magic Veronica uses in the first opening movie

Well spotted, that's a really neat touch! I - 

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

to close the portal to our world, either.

Wait, what?

I can't believe I didn't notice this until now...

18 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Guess they felt better once they stepped out and got some Eir.

Bravo.

3 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

but I wouldn't put it past Loki to be simply playing around with Hel too...

I'm honestly dreading this myself. Please don't make Loki a recurring villain...

Anyway, I'm loving the story so far! We've already gotten more intrigue and character development here than the start of Book 2 and all of Book 1, which is a good sign (and hopefully something the writing maintains). I'm relieved the cutscenes are longer now so we get to experience more of this story and said character growth.

I also think it was clever to not kill Sharena off right away - I suspect Eir's betrayal gets her killed and she immediately regrets it (assuming the trailer is a true indicator of what happens). Since Sharena's on the poster in the way she is, we can at least trust that she is going to die and it isn't just the trailer being dramatic as it was for Book 2.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe Tibarn shifts on odd turns and Nailah on even ones?

Nailah is shown to have ended the previous turn untransformed and doesn't transform on the current turn, so it can't be odd and even turns.

I find one fact funny that:

The world is in flames (Book II Muspell) and Hell literally broke out and is overrunning it, Bruno just checks out since Book 1 and said: "Peace out. Ima enjoy my Cuba Libres at the beach while you all burn in hell!"

I really hope we get a twist where Bruno and Veronica join Alfonse as non mergeable F2P units once Sharena is dead.

@DefyingFates Hehe! Thanks! ^_^ I have other speculations and guesses scattered throughout this topic and the one focusing on Book 3. Maybe some of my other theories will be interesting to you, too.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nailah is shown to have ended the previous turn untransformed and doesn't transform on the current turn, so it can't be odd and even turns.

Maybe you can transform at any time but at the cost of loosing your buffs and reseting the special cooldown charge?

Or they get some form of defensiv penalty when transformed and offensiv buff? because you cant wear armor as a beast?
Basicly turning them into mixed phase units. When transformed they are rather player phase units with higher attack/spd stats and when not transformed they rather turn into Enemy phase units or so.

That could be a balancing factor. Their special is transforming to make up for higher move and probably (hopefully) hefty bonuses. They can fight untransformed like in RD, but are probably way weaker and can't rely on specials for damage. Does anyone remember what the dealio with Nailah's special was?

Seems like it'd be really finnicky to balance, but would definitely be a way to make them somewhat unique.

I was wrong. IS is still able to make characters not attractive. Hel creeps me out, kudos to the artist.

Also if I say that I absolutely love Lìf's design more than any other male OC does it mean I have horrible taste? Everyone else seems to hate him.

The new seasons are whatever. I didn't care too much about seasons the first time and I suspect I will end up with a lot of unused ones yet again.

Beast units are coming and it was about time. I just hope Tellius banners won't be just Laguz from now on.

But the best thing about the update wasn't even in the Channel.                       Aversa is summonable now!!! Finally I can use the Grails.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Maybe you can transform at any time but at the cost of loosing your buffs and reseting the special cooldown charge?

There was no UI for Tibarn transforming, so it can't be controlled by a user action. Tibarn also kept his Special fully charged during his transformation.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

That could be a balancing factor. Their special is transforming to make up for higher move and probably (hopefully) hefty bonuses. They can fight untransformed like in RD, but are probably way weaker and can't rely on specials for damage. Does anyone remember what the dealio with Nailah's special was?

Seems like it'd be really finnicky to balance, but would definitely be a way to make them somewhat unique.

Except Tibarn is shown activating Draconic Aura during his round of combat while transformed.

9 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Also if I say that I absolutely love Lìf's design more than any other male OC does it mean I have horrible taste? Everyone else seems to hate him.

Of course not! There are plenty of people who like his design, too, myself included. These characters are so different from the norm, though, that their designs fall into the "love it or hate it" camp.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Of course not! There are plenty of people who like his design, too, myself included. These characters are so different from the norm, though, that their designs fall into the "love it or hate it" camp.

Yeah, the hate is probably from people turned off by the edgy factor.

But the edge never bothered me at all, in fact I find the people "memeing" (is this a word?) over whatever character that seems uncooperative, a loner, or with a violent backstory being too edgy way more annoying. Like, Dark Pit and Shadow are two characters I love and I don't get what people have against them and the role they have in their games.

"Edgy" is a lame word, as lame as the people who use it. To use it in describing characters who have chips on their shoulders is just shitty.

I find Lif's design great. But nothing tops Hel's in my book.

I question how allying Embla and Askr could work at this point without it being done terribly or in a way that makes past character development pointless. Veronica still has the whole killer dragon blood, Bruno has his quest to cure the curse, and I'm fairly certain that I remember something being said in Book I that she started this war to maintain faith from the Emblan people  as a child empress iirc. Not to mention Veronica has a lot of growth she needs to go through herself. I could see her growing if she joins the main "story team," although that doesn't eliminate the other issues.

Edited by Arcphoenix