Feh Channel on the 10th 3pm PT

Jingle Jangle

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Also if I say that I absolutely love Lìf's design more than any other male OC does it mean I have horrible taste? Everyone else seems to hate him.

I like him! I think his mouthplate is a tad excessive, personally, but overall I think his aesthetic is great!

Out of curiousity, what do you think of Thrasir? I think I prefer her colour scheme (dark red and black vs bright blue and black).

Edit: Nevermind, I love Lif mouthplate and all. I prefer Thrasir's cockier attitude though, if the trailer is any indicator.

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I was wrong. IS is still able to make characters not attractive. Hel creeps me out, kudos to the artist.

Also if I say that I absolutely love Lìf's design more than any other male OC does it mean I have horrible taste? Everyone else seems to hate him.

I really like most of his design, although I feel they made the face mask a bit too bulky. I'm not sure which is my favourite out of the OC designs, but I do think his is great :)

Hel's is pretty interesting, too. I was finding Thrasir's the most boring out of the three before someone pointed out that you can see her skeleton through what I originally took to be trousers, so that looks pretty cool (although still doesn't grab me as much as Hel or Lif). Honestly, Eir is the most disappointing for me. She looks bland, comparatively (but that's my opinion, since I know she has a lot of fans, too). 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

I question how allying Embla and Askr could work at this point without it being done terribly or in a way that makes past character development pointless. Veronica still has the whole killer dragon blood, Bruno has his quest to cure the curse, and I'm fairly certain that I remember something being said in Book I that she started this war to maintain faith from the Emblan people  as a child empress iirc. Not to mention Veronica has a lot of growth she needs to go through herself. I could see her growing if she joins the main "story team," although that doesn't eliminate the other issues.

The simple solution is for Veronica to close the portal into Hel, but that would be extremely anticlimactic without something like a time limit while Alfonse tries to rescue his family or something. The inclusion of Thrasir, however, indicates that the bloodline thing that Bruno's been chasing will be furthered, or at least touched upon. We'll see what IS chooses to do, though.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yeah, the hate is probably from people turned off by the edgy factor.

But the edge never bothered me at all, in fact I find the people "memeing" (is this a word?) over whatever character that seems uncooperative, a loner, or with a violent backstory being too edgy way more annoying. Like, Dark Pit and Shadow are two characters I love and I don't get what people have against them and the role they have in their games.

"Memeing" is as much a word as "meme," I'd say. And I think "edgy" is perfectly valid, if used in the correct way. It's the tone which people uses it (mocking, etc.) that's damaging to people.

57 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I like him! I think his mouthplate is a tad excessive, personally, but overall I think his aesthetic is great!

Out of curiousity, what do you think of Thrasir? I think I prefer her colour scheme (dark red and black vs bright blue and black).

Edit: Nevermind, I love Lif mouthplate and all. I prefer Thrasir's cockier attitude though, if the trailer is any indicator.

Lif's mask mirrors Thrasir's, in that his covers the lower half of his face, while hers covers the upper half. Similarly with the ballistics body parts containing their skeletal structure, where her hips and such are shown as skeletal, and for him, it's his torso. I really like the focus on nonsexual anatomy, here, too. It's a great way to show the beauty of a body without relying on...certain bits. Or having to worry about people's minds going to baser things than how cool anatomy is.

22 hours ago, Thunderstar said:

I guess the vampire FE16 leak was real .

Reading a mod's mind is a bannable offense!  :P:

Ahem. . .

Not sure how I feel about the bones = dead thing, but I adore Eir's design.  I hope Tibarn is weak to arrows, so I still have an excuse to run Leon!  But if those are our beast units. . .WOOHOO~!

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Is it either the Alter versions of Cu Chulainn or Jeanne?

Dethroned by Xiang Yu, in appearance at least.

You don't get edgier than a 10-foot-tall cyborg centaur with skeletal wings, green flames coming out of his mouth and eyes, six arms, and a sword in each of his six hands. And casts Forseti as part of his Noble Phantasm. Jeanne only has half that many swords.

Never mind the fact that he appears to actually be quite the gentleman.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Not sure how I feel about the bones = dead thing, but I adore Eir's design.  I hope Tibarn is weak to arrows, so I still have an excuse to run Leon!  But if those are our beast units. . .WOOHOO~!

My one regret of FEH's effectiveness system is that we don't get to see the good old 'OHKO max level Tibarn with a level 1 Crossbow guy' because of how Tellius did their effective damage.

(Which, mind, is probably for the best.)

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I like her, she is cool, but Lìf is just something else for me. Also her mask is more generic and less exciting than the crazy mouth-thing he has.

So one thing I did miss in the initial video that I like about Lif is the pelt he's got on his shoulder. It seems very barbarianesque and gives him a bit more of a visceral feel. Kinda wish they'd gone more that direction with him, but it's what it is, and I'm glad there are people who like him. At least I have Gustav's sexy ass beard for me.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

At least I have Gustav's sexy ass beard for me.

I want him and Henriette to become playable. Even if it takes them to get plot’d for that. Then again, I expect them to get plot’d regardless.
Henriette is such a Sharena. Absolutely adorable. Like mother, like daughter!

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I want him and Henriette to become playable. Even if it takes them to get plot’d for that. Then again, I expect them to get plot’d regardless.

Everyone from Book 2 became playable at the end, alive or not. I'm sure the same goes for Book 3.

Edited by Othin

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Your Christmas kitty avatar is so cute!

Now that that's out of the way, onto the topic at hand. As Othin said, everyone at the end of book 2 became playable at the end of book 2. I'm hoping we can summon them all, too. I could see Lif and Thrasir bring mythic heroes, and Hel being a different, "new" kind of hero, which could be introduced in book 4. While mythic heroes are "godlike," these new heroes would be actual deities. (Yune, Ashera, Hel, Askr, Nifl, Naga, Duma, etc.) This is because I speculate book 3 is just an introduction to the in-world deities, and book 4 will introduce the actual dragons (Askr, Nifl, Muspell, and Embla) and maybe the plot will center around Valhalla (who I think may be a light deity as well as the place where those who are worthy go.) It gives plot reason for powercreep, too, and is the natural next step in the plot after Hel.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Everyone from Book 2 became playable at the end, alive or not. I'm sure the same goes for Book 3.

I hope so, though I do wonder if we'll get the Askr parents. They have another role to play, even if that role is "it was our time to go" for Alfonse's growth.

47 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Your Christmas kitty avatar is so cute!

Now that that's out of the way, onto the topic at hand. As Othin said, everyone at the end of book 2 became playable at the end of book 2. I'm hoping we can summon them all, too. I could see Lif and Thrasir bring mythic heroes, and Hel being a different, "new" kind of hero, which could be introduced in book 4. While mythic heroes are "godlike," these new heroes would be actual deities. (Yune, Ashera, Hel, Askr, Nifl, Naga, Duma, etc.) This is because I speculate book 3 is just an introduction to the in-world deities, and book 4 will introduce the actual dragons (Askr, Nifl, Muspell, and Embla) and maybe the plot will center around Valhalla (who I think may be a light deity as well as the place where those who are worthy go.) It gives plot reason for powercreep, too, and is the natural next step in the plot after Hel.

I hope so, though I do wonder if we'll get the Askr parents. They have another role to play, even if that role is "it was our time to go" for Alfonse's growth.

I think that everyone will be playable, but not Hel. I really think that she will not be playable, and I'm okay with it because she would become the only character that I don't won't ^^.

In any case, I just want to have Thrasir (I'm already saving orbs for her) and maybe Lif. I know that it won't happen, but I would really like if she wins Cyl 3.

For your speculation with Book 4, I think that you're right, but Mythic will take deities in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I think that everyone will be playable, but not Hel. I really think that she will not be playable, and I'm okay with it because she would become the only character that I don't won't ^^.

In any case, I just want to have Thrasir (I'm already saving orbs for her) and maybe Lif. I know that it won't happen, but I would really like if she wins Cyl 3.

For your speculation with Book 4, I think that you're right, but Mythic will take deities in my opinion.

I thought the same thing about Surtr, but we got him. I see no reason why they wouldn't give us Hel, too, which I'd be happy about. Her design is so cool, and she may fit well on my out of combat damage team. Pretty darn sure we'll get Lif and Thrasir after book 3 is done, though, as mythical units. Looking forward to Lif, myself. It's kind of funny, though, thinking about where the story's going and how summoning them would be tied into it.

Lif: Thank you. I am finally free to rest in pea- *summoned* o_o

Kiran: Wow, cool! I got Lif, and it only took me 103 orbs! :D

(It's canon that we summoned Surtr from the realm of the dead after he died, so... :P Kiran so sensitive. Such respect for the dead.)

19 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I thought the same thing about Surtr, but we got him. I see no reason why they wouldn't give us Hel, too, which I'd be happy about. Her design is so cool, and she may fit well on my out of combat damage team. Pretty darn sure we'll get Lif and Thrasir after book 3 is done, though, as mythical units. Looking forward to Lif, myself. It's kind of funny, though, thinking about where the story's going and how summoning them would be tied into it.

Lif: Thank you. I am finally free to rest in pea- *summoned* o_o

Kiran: Wow, cool! I got Lif, and it only took me 103 orbs! :D

(It's canon that we summoned Surtr from the realm of the dead after he died, so... :P Kiran so sensitive. Such respect for the dead.)

Hel design is cool, but she's scary, and I already hate her xD I like Surtr, but Hel is already such a horrible person.

Spoiler

(if she really kills Sharena I will summon Hel and fodder her, you don't kill best girl)

and I think that we will not get her because Feh said that she will not be friend with her, and she never said that about Surtr, but who knows?

Yeah Kiran is such a good person, revive people just to make them fight again ^^ poor Lif if he really wants to rest in peace. I think that Thracir will want to stay and look after her scion and her kingdom if she's not pure evil.

And good luck for getting Lif when he will be available!

Edited by Drakhis

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

Hel design is cool, but she's scary, and I already hate her xD I like Surtr, but Hel is already such a horrible person.

Reveal hidden contents

(if she really kills Sharena I will summon Hel and fodder her, you don't kill best girl)

and I think that we will not get her because Feh said that she will not be friend with her, and she never said that about Surtr, but who knows?

Yeah Kiran is such a good person, revive people just to make them fight again ^^ poor Lif if he really wants to rest in peace. I think that Thracir will want to stay and look after her scion and her kingdom if she's not pure evil.

And good luck for getting Lif when he will be available!

Good luck to you too for Thrasir! With a title like omnicidal, though, I'm not sure how not evil she is. (Omnicidal basically means "wants to kill everything.")

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

With a title like omnicidal, though, I'm not sure how not evil she is. (Omnicidal basically means "wants to kill everything.")

Ha! Not as evil nor as omnicidal as Millennials apparently! My generation gets blamed for killing a lot of things, from killing divorce, to killing stores, to even killing killing itself.

19 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Holy crap yeah. I'd blow so many orbs on rugged Alphonse and tall, mergable Sharena.

And yeah, I can maybe see Henriette surviving since FE doesn't hate mothers quite as much and it wasn't so basically explicitly stated. Wouldn't be surprised if she did, but I could also see her sort of becoming an exposition bot to explain what all led up to this whole shebang. But yeah, no way in Hel is Gustav making it out of this book without dying.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I hope if we ever get playable versions of the book III OCs, they won't be like "I'm from an alternate Hel, I'm not the bad guy you beat some moments ago". Didn't like that about Veronica. 

Bear in mind that Veronica was because of CYL. She'll presumably get a regular version at some point, but she and Bruno are bigger-picture than the Book 2 OCs.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Bear in mind that Veronica was because of CYL.

The other brave units didn't say anything like "I'm from another world than my OG self" or something like that. (if I remember correctly). 

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

She'll presumably get a regular version at some point, but she and Bruno are bigger-picture than the Book 2 OCs.

That would be cool, but their book I versions are already outdated (gameplay-wise). 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The other brave units didn't say anything like "I'm from another world than my OG self" or something like that. (if I remember correctly).

That's because there's already the default assumption/implication/statement (don't remember how explicit they made it) with normal heroes that every instance is from an alternate reality and that they aren't actively aware of that. So Brave Ike is from a different world than RD Ike just like every Wrys you get is from a different world.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That would be cool, but their book I versions are already outdated (gameplay-wise). 

With how popular they are, I'd imagine they'd get refinements pretty fast if not in conjunction with their release.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Every character from a main-series title is from a different world from all other copies of that character that you pull, even if it's the same version of that character.

It's just the original characters where things get fuzzy, hence why Brave Veronica and Loki explicitly spell it out for you that they're not the same Veronica and Loki from this world.

Edited by Ice Dragon