Fire Emblem OVA: a sequel?

Shakespeare1142

Has anybody seen the two episode fire emblem anime/OVA? well my question is if they were to make a sequel of sorts, which game would be best suited to a television/film interpretation, I think  a "radiant" movie would be cool, that game has real cinematic edge, and a pretty strong plot, while awakening would make a better television series as it feels more episodically written, Fire Emblem 7 is so dramatic it reminds me of a Wagnerian opera (Is that a word?) I've also heard people compare the dark and complex plot of Geneology to that of game of thrones, though that one might have to come in at least two separate parts with possibly a third for thracia 776, i dunno anyone have thoughts on this?

I don't think any Fire Emblem game would make a good movie, but there might be one that could be good for TV.

Ideally, the adaptation would be of a game with a small cast that doesn't have its character focus scattered in too many directions.

12 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I don't think any Fire Emblem game would make a good movie, but there might be one that could be good for TV.

Ideally, the adaptation would be of a game with a small cast that doesn't have its character focus scattered in too many directions.

characterization does get hard when the cast is so vast, that's part of why there's support conversation, a lot of characters might have to be relegated to cameos, which would suck Gen1 of geneology only has twenty, many of which are shared in thracia

I'd say either Gaiden/Echoes or Sacred Stones would work best. This is mainly due to their smaller casts. Radiant Dawn wouldn't make for a very good movie, it just has too many moving parts, and the plot itself is kinda meh. Awakening would probably turn into a Romcom-sitcom if you ever touched character relationships, and FE7, could work as a TV series. Mainly Lyn mode and the first arc of the story, past that gets kinda iffy. 

Genealogy is a whole nother beast and a half.

I never considered Gaiden as a possibility! do you think it would do best as an episodic series or one long film? also sacred stones has a lot of interesting moments and has episodic pacing so maybe, there is a lot of things going on with the radiant series, so the pacing would be all over the place, I was thinking an Awakening series would alternate between the OG timeline and the apocalyptic future in like flashbacks, with FE7 the biggest challenge would be maintaining only plot-crucial moments and characters as many chapters wouldn't warrant there own episodes plus the shift in focus from Lyn to Eliwood would be a big challenge, Geneology has so much going on, it feels like it's challenging you to maintain composure in the middle of grand battles and dramatic scenes, makes you really feel like a tactician, I recently watched someone else olay it and it felt really tense from the . audiences perspective

21 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'd say either Gaiden/Echoes or Sacred Stones would work best. This is mainly due to their smaller casts. Radiant Dawn wouldn't make for a very good movie, it just has too many moving parts, and the plot itself is kinda meh. Awakening would probably turn into a Romcom-sitcom if you ever touched character relationships, and FE7, could work as a TV series. Mainly Lyn mode and the first arc of the story, past that gets kinda iffy. 

Genealogy is a whole nother beast and a half.

4 minutes ago, SamP832 said:

I never considered Gaiden as a possibility! do you think it would do best as an episodic series or one long film?

I see it as episodic. Happening over two seasons and a movie, season one you'd follow Alm, season two you'd follow Celica, and the movie would be the final dungeon plus some other stuff probably.

• 4 months later...

I have been thinking on this for the better part of four years now. With all the leaps and bounds in television storytelling, they definitely could try again with a Fire Emblem anime.

My personal vision has been a series of Netflix streaming series, each with a high quality voice cast combining regular and established VA's with a few faces from TV and film. An endeavor like this would be a great bridge between the storytelling styles and presentation of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra and Game of Thrones/Vikings/the like. I've even come up with my own casts and narrative framing device.