Cultures in fire emblem

Shakespeare1142

ever notice how a few factions in the fire emblem series seem to be like homages to real-world cultures? for example, the Sacaen planes people in fe7 almost feel like a less warlike version of the Mongol steppes people, as well as some planes-region indigenous American tribes, fighting from horseback, living nomadic lives in teepee-like tents, praising nature, living in small groups guided by a cheif, such a dayan the silver wolf,  other groups such as the Chon-Sin in Awakening seen to be modeled after feudal cultures, (Say-Ris support with Robin expands upon her culture) and the feroxy people i think are supposed to be like the Romans, building walls to keep barbarians out, splitting into east and west, holding gladiatorial matches, any others you can think of:? i've been told geneology makes a lot of nods to nordic culture as well as the crusades, and then there's mythology, such as the 8 legends referencing medieval French folklore as well as Arthurian legends, anything else i'm missing?

Well there’s the obvious feudal Japan  inspired Hoshido and I believe nohr is supposed to be either middle ages france or britian though I’m pretty sure it’s france. 

6 hours ago, SamP832 said:

and the feroxy people i think are supposed to be like the Romans, building walls to keep barbarians out, splitting into east and west, holding gladiatorial matches, any others you can think of:?

I don't think Ferox is supposed to represent Rome. If anything the Feroxi people are semi barbaric themselves. They are the successors of all those barbarian tribes Marth was fighting after all.  

3 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Well there’s the obvious feudal Japan  inspired Hoshido and I believe nohr is supposed to be either middle ages france or britian though I’m pretty sure it’s france. 

huh i always thought norway but maybe they're like the normans?

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Interesting to think of Regna Ferox of all places as being like Rome.  I never thought of it as being based on Rome, though there are some interesting parallels.

i'm not sure, it's like a mix of rome, carthage and all the "Barbarian" tribes that eventually conquered the romans, it's a really cool culture

34 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think Ferox is supposed to represent Rome. If anything the Feroxi people are semi barbaric themselves. They are the successors of all those barbarian tribes Marth was fighting after all.  

they're almost a mix of roman culture and that of the barbarians who conquered rome, I dunno

i wonder if there are any nods to celtic and gaelic culture in fire emblem? the elibe games have a lot of stuff from french folklore and the saga of roland, the revenants are a lot like the Fear gorta, there are pegasi, medusas, from greece and griffons wyverns serpents, the Laguz are like the Nagual kinda?