Should Mythic Heroes Overlap with Legendary heroes?

Icelerate

Mythic Heroes  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What type of characters should represent mythic heroes?

• Lords
    • Major Characters (Ryoma, Tiki, etc.)
    • Minor but powerful characters (Athos, Lehran, etc.)
    • Original Characters (Fjorm, Eir, etc.)
  2. 2. Would you mind if characters that already have a legendary alt also get a mythic alt?

• I'd be upset.
    • I wouldn't care.
    • I'd love for my favourite character to get another alt.

I once made a thread asking what type of characters you want to represent legendary heroes. Now that mythic heroes are going to be a thing, do you want them to be lords, original characters like Eir or obscure legends like Athos, Bramimond, Lehran, etc. 

Also, would you be okay with a character being both a legend and a myth? 

Edited by Icelerate

I would be fine with them being obscure legends or original characters.  Them being lords would just be redundant.  Also I definitely wouldn't want characters with a legendary version to get a mythic version as well.  

I think that mythic heroes will have some tie to divine characters (like Ashera). Though I wasn't the first to say this, I was thinking it when Eir was reviled to be the first mythic hero. IS can do whatever they want, though.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I would be fine with them being obscure legends or original characters.  Them being lords would just be redundant.  Also I definitely wouldn't want characters with a legendary version to get a mythic version as well.  

I updated the poll so you can vote for multiple options on the first poll so go ahead and vote again. 

I'd be upset if lords were to be mythic legends. 

Scenario 1: Lords can be both legends and myths. This is just redundant and just serves to milk the same characters over and over again. 

Scenario 2: Some lords will be legends, some will be myths but not both. This means certain lords get shafted because being a legend is more hype than being a myth. Because myths are basically over exaggerated legends whereas legends actually live up to their hype. 

For this reason, I'd be okay with mythic characters being anyone but lords. I want to see obscure characters get in that are hyped to be powerful due to some legendary feat way in the past. 

No legendary characters should gain mythic alts, and vice versa. IS needs to commit to one or the other for any new mythic or legendary.

Every past not!Legendary alt would have been best as a mythic alt IMO. This is assuming Mythics get added to the normal pool, which I'm currently expecting is the case.

Edited by Arcphoenix

22 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I updated the poll so you can vote for multiple options on the first poll so go ahead and vote again. 

I'd be upset if lords were to be mythic legends. 

Scenario 1: Lords can be both legends and myths. This is just redundant and just serves to milk the same characters over and over again. 

Scenario 2: Some lords will be legends, some will be myths but not both. This means certain lords get shafted because being a legend is more hype than being a myth. Because myths are basically over exaggerated legends whereas legends actually live up to their hype. 

For this reason, I'd be okay with mythic characters being anyone but lords. I want to see obscure characters get in that are hyped to be powerful due to some legendary feat way in the past. 

Thanks now I got to vote to more accurately reflect my opinion.  

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Stop with the alts.

This is another thing.   I want Mythic heroes to not be alts unlike most of the legendary heroes.  So minor characters of myth and legend like Anri, Altina, etc or OCs.  

Definitely no to ANY Legendary getting a Mythic alt. But 100% down for the ones who haven't to get some Mythic alts. Micaiah, Robin, etc.

Though, I'd like it MORE if they just introduced OC's as Mythic heroes, I think it could do so much more for the story, but we all know they love their Alts. But I'd also really like Naga or other characters to get Mystic versions, but that's also my subscribing to what I personally think 'mystic' means, and as we learned from Legendary Heroes, it's just a modifier put in front to make them sound cool.

Soooo, as long as they're not giving Legendary heroes, mythic versions, I'm fine for whatever they do!

Keep Legendary Heroes and Mythic Heroes separate~ I don't want to see any Mythic Lyns around~

This what what they should have made Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Hrid, a good class for the OCs and Legendaries could have been actual Heroes from the regular franchise but seeing as they've screwed that up, IDC who they make the Mythic Heroes as long as they aren't Heroes who have already been Legendary. Enough with giving Alts to people who already have plenty.

I would prefer them to be minor but powerful characters, and an absolute NO to any Legendary hero also getting a Mythical alt. Hell, I would prefer none of the Mythical heroes to be alts at all. Since they talk about godlike characters I'm expecting actual gods really, Naga, Duma, Mila and the like and that would be awesome. I've been waiting for them to be added and making them Mythical heroes is the perfect way to do it imo.

It seems that Mythical heroes will be introduced less often than Legendary heroes so it shouldn't be too hard to just limit it to new really powerful/godlike characters and no alts. I mean all of the OCs will be one probably, so that's already four of them. So they could probably easily keep it to just actual FE gods next to that since there's quit a list of them.

Edited by Mau

Characters with Legendary alt should not get a Mythic, that would be unoriginal and disappointing. Also, I really want some sweet-new underworld designed OCs, such as Líf and Eir, so they should probably get this Mythic Blessing stuff. I think they might be added to the normal summoning pool (because of the merge stuff for Aether Raids), and seeing how IS handles alts, they probably not going to be alts anyway. I wouldn't mind underworld themed Alfonse or Sharena however.

They can do whatever they want. I do not care what my Heroes look like; their stat distribution matters much more to me.

Edited by XRay

18 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Hey @Ice Dragon in JP,  is the word similar to godlike there being there?

The Japanese term for Mythic Heroes is 神階英雄 (shinkai eiyuu) where 神階 (shinkai) loosely means "having a rank among the gods", thus "a Hero who is ranked among the gods".

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese term for Mythic Heroes is 神階英雄 (shinkai eiyuu) where 神階 (shinkai) loosely means "having a rank among the gods", thus "a Hero who is ranked among the gods".

So it is an empty and meaningless buzzword, as expected, and they can shove whomever and whatever they want into a “mythic” banner much like they did and do with “legendary” banners.

Can we have overlaping myzhic and legendary blessings please? I seriously cant split my barracks in half for AR and AA/Arena...

While we are at it allow mythic blessings on legendaries and legendary blessings on mythic heroes. Its ofuckibg mess atm and i am not touching that travesty until its resolved.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Don't be surprised if we get Mythic Hero Camilla, as I'm pretty sure a few people are already worshiping to her in the IS team.

well she has according to some people a godlike front ... or so they say