Should Mythic Heroes Overlap with Legendary heroes?

Icelerate

Mythic Heroes  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What type of characters should represent mythic heroes?

• Lords
    • Major Characters (Ryoma, Tiki, etc.)
    • Minor but powerful characters (Athos, Lehran, etc.)
    • Original Characters (Fjorm, Eir, etc.)
  2. 2. Would you mind if characters that already have a legendary alt also get a mythic alt?

• I'd be upset.
    • I wouldn't care.
    • I'd love for my favourite character to get another alt.

13 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

With a term like "godlike" being used I don't see too many characters meeting that requirement.

The only ones I see meeting that criteria among main and important characters are Micaiah, Ike, Roy, Julia, Corrin, Tiki, Alm, and Celica

-Micaiah because Light Priestess was a buff granted by June, the Goddess of Chaos

-Ike the same, but he’s already a Legendary Hero and I’m against characters being both Legendary and Mythic as most of you guys. Even though Ike is my favorite Lord, I’d have a variety of different characters having the privilege of being Legendary/Mythic over having the same character having both

-Roy because the Divine Weapons of Elibe caused the weather go bonkers, and the Binding Blade is stronger than them

-Julia: She’s using a tome with the power of THE FE goddess. It’s more likely for a Zelda game to have Samus as a protagonist than having Julia not being a Light Mythic Hero

-Corrin: water works perfectly with them as well, but their Hoshido and Nohr Noble classes work with Light and Dark, being children of the local dragon god

-Divine Dragon Waifu: same as Ike, but she at least have the advantage of treating the Loki and adult as different characters, so there’s a chance for adult Tiki being there

-Alm and Celica: Brand of their local gods, Overclass by gods of yore..... they’re pretty much covered

Tiki could work. Specifically her Adult version from Awakening. She was both the speaker of Naga herself in Awakening, and then literally Naga in the Future Past scenario. Id say that makes her match a Mythic Hero quite well. And honestly, I am not against it. Tiki is one of the main characters of the series.

Ike could technically work. But they already used his version that would have applied, so unless they are just going to take Vanguard Ike and slap some blue flames on him, that isnt going to happen.

There are several from Tellius that could work. Sephiran, Dheginsea, Altina, Ashera could even work but I dont think we will see any of the full fledged deities like Ashera, Naga, or Anankos become playable.

Duma and Mila arent impossible, I could definitely see that happening. They arent really full deities either, at least not on the level of Naga and the rest. So I can see them being used.

Micaiah is an obvious choice, considering she is the vessel of Yune in later parts of RD. That is really likely to happen too given the datamines finding some interesting bits of weapon descriptions, and our RD Banner in January.

If they didnt use Grima already, then they would have worked. But again, that isnt happening as they have already been used.

I feel like Mythic Heroes would be a good chance to explore some of FE's backstory- it'd be cool if we got characters like Altina and Forseti to be Mythic Heroes. It would give us a face to the backstory.

EDIT: I would whale for a dual blade wielding Altina.

Edited by Dandy Druid

22 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I feel like Mythic Heroes would be a good chance to explore some of FE's backstory- it'd be cool if we got characters like Altina and Forseti to be Mythic Heroes. It would give us a face to the backstory.

EDIT: I would whale for a dual blade wielding Altina.

I don’t see that very likely, but I’d be lying if I claim I wouldn’t love that idea

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

So it is an empty and meaningless buzzword, as expected, and they can shove whomever and whatever they want into a “mythic” banner much like they did and do with “legendary” banners.

Like the ice siblings and Eir, it’ll be whoever the developers feel like putting there. I hope Eliwood and Sigurd get Mythic variants. 

I can definitely imagine that Robin can be a Mythic Hero since being the vessel of a godlike being makes Robin Mythic-worthy. However, we already have Fell Reincarnation as one unit, and Fell Vessel as another, the latter as a Legendary unit. So would another Robin even work? Unless it's this alternate universe where Grima became good or something, or Robin learned to harness all of Grima's powers.

I doubt that Alm, Roy, Ike, and such could be mythic heroes. 

I definitely feel like characters like Gotoh, Athos, units that are regarded among legends can actually become Mythic Heroes. 

But I'm wondering, what if they actually make Anri? He'd be worthy of a mythic hero since the guy is insane in what he accomplished single-handedly.

You know, I thought this when the concept was first introduced, but now it's come back to me: this is probably IS' answer to all the complaints about legendary heroes and who "should" be them. So, they're probably reserving this for the likes of Anri and Ashera.

I really hope mythic heroes are less popular but powerful characters, such as gods (Ashera, Yune, Duma, Mila etc.), their vessels (Micaiah, Lehran, Alm etc.). It would give to unpopular characters the chance to be in the game.

They will probably keep releasing lords as Legendary heroes, we know we'll get at least three more of them, so they don't really need to release them as Mythical heroes as well...

I'd be really surprised if this wasn't just another way to re-release the most popular units under a different form.

I'd love it to be for the Athos, Deghinsea and Mila types but I just don't see it happening. 

18 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm almost 100% certain we will get mythic micaiah, dark blessings fit her perfectly and she is literally the vessel for a goddess 

I don't think they would call her Micaiah, it would probably be Yune in Micaiah's body.

48 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

They call Grima Robin still.

Well they aren't a Mythic Hero 

I'm literally just pulling at straws. Don't mind me.