Who can we expect for the Radiant Dawn banner?

Gregster101

So now that we know that beast units are indeed a thing coming to Heroes with both Tibarn and Nailah, that got me thinking as to who else could possibly appear on the Radiant Dawn banner in January. I would love Jill and Haar to be on the banner (especially Jill since she's my most wanted character for Heroes besides Patty from FE4), but if it's just gonna be beast units, I can see Reyson and Rafiel being on the banner instead, and I totally wouldn't mind. Nailah needs her boyfriend (and so does Tibarn :P). I think it would also be cool to see Naesala as a GHB. He makes the most sense for a GHB besides Dheginsea imo.

What about you guys, what other characters do you think we'll get on the Radiant Dawn banner in January? Do you think the rest of the characters will be beast units or regular/beorc units?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact we will get at least a laguz from Gallia. Based on the fact that it's the country with the highest number of playable laguz in the tellius games.

I just hope it's not Ranulf or Skrimir. Throw a couple of unpopular laguz as well, to balance Tibarn. Like Mordecai.

I'm personally predicting this banner will be all Laguz if it is 3 characters simply to make sure the new weapon type has decent population with a single banner.

It's it's 4 characters, I'd guess the last character to be Beorc.

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I know for a fact we will get at least a laguz from Gallia. Based on the fact that it's the country with the highest number of playable laguz in the tellius games.

I just hope it's not Ranulf or Skrimir. Throw a couple of unpopular laguz as well, to balance Tibarn. Like Mordecai.

Why not Ranulf? He's one of the most requested Laguz, so I can see him being part of the banner if we do get all the different tribes

13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Why not Ranulf? He's one of the most requested Laguz, so I can see him being part of the banner if we do get all the different tribes

Nailah's sprite can be seen in the FEH channel, so she already covers the Beast tribe.

I also think the banner will be 100% laguz to make sure the new unit type starts out with at least 3-4 units. I think they'll give us one of each tribe, so with Tibarn from Bird and Nailah from Beast that leaves us with the Dragon tribe. So that would be Ena, Kurthnaga, Gareth, or Nasir probably. There's also Dheginsea and Almedha but since they're both not playable I'm guessing they're not gonna be it. Dheginsea could maybe be the GHB though.

I like all of Ena, Kurthnaga and Nasir so any of them would be great for me.

Edited by Mau

2 minutes ago, Mau said:

Nailah's sprite can be seen in the FEH channel, so she already covers the Beast tribe.

I also think the banner will be 100% laguz to make sure the new unit type starts out with at least 3-4 units. I think they'll give us one of each tribe, so with Tibarn from Bird and Nailah from Beast that leaves us with the Dragon tribe. So that would be Ena, Kurthnaga, Gareth, or Nasir probably. There's also Dheginsea and Almedha but since they're both not playable I'm guessing they're not gonna it. Dheginsea could maybe be the GHB though.

I like all of Ena, Kurthnaga and Nasir so any of them would be great for me.

I would think Naesala would be more likely for the GHB than Dheginsea just cuz he's more popular, though I guess he also works too.

Hoping for Jill or maybe Zihark? They're both directly related to the Laguz in varying ways and it could make for an interesting Forging Bonds!

Looking at the description for Mythic Heroes, saying that title is for characters who are "godlike," I would imagine Dheginsea, Ashera, and Lehran can fit that description. I've been waiting for the Black Dragon King! :D Here's hoping he comes at some point, since Lehran would be more popular in general and Ashera would make more sense.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I would think Naesala would be more likely for the GHB than Dheginsea just cuz he's more popular, though I guess he also works too.

I would totally dig Naesala for GHB, but since he is quite popular I'm kinda guessing they'd keep him for a banner so he can make IS money :P I would love to be proven wrong though.

I'd assume it'll be an all Laguz banner, and with the way it's shaping up I think it will be an all Laguz Royals style banner. I think that it will be as follows.

Tibarn - Red Flying. Confirmed by trailer, we also saw he gained extra move, which is a trait I think will be shared by all Laguz.

Nailah - Blue Infantry. Confirmed by trailer

Caineghis - Green Armored. Last person actually in the banner, green to round it out.

Dheginsea - probably also armored, this time red, or maybe colorless. Also GHB.

Naesala - Tempest Trials. I'm going to be he's colorless, because Ravens.

I really really want Reyson to be on it. He is one of my biggest favourites from the franchise, and cosidering he is quite prominent plot-wise (albeit less so in RD) I think he has a good chance. That'd make for a decent 3 person banner. If there's a fourth it'll likely be Ranulf. If there's a GHB, I'd guess either Naesala or Deginsea. TT could be anyone really. (please don't make it Reyson. I simply loathe Aether Raids)

Here's the thing about the dragon laguz: would they use the laguz or the dragonstone mechanics? I could see either, but I'm leaning more towards using breath weapons.

That said, I won't anticipate any dragons for a full laguz banner, and even then, I think Jill's coming soon with her laguz lance, even if not on this particular banner. And if it's Nailah and Tibarn, then there's probably Volug and Naesala on this banner, too. Or, could very well be Rafiel. He has bird in common with Tibarn, and, well, everyone knows his connection to Nailah. And if that's the case, then I find it unlikely that we'll get another regular heron for a little while. However, Reyson could totally be a legendary hero, and Lehran could be a mythic hero. Leanne will probably be introduced somewhere else down the line.

But I'm also looking forward to Tormod and Muarim being introduced at some point! If it's their RD incarnations, the Vika can join them, too. I feel like someone else was a part of their group, too, but I don't recall right now. Ooh! Tormod could have a personal tome that has Laguz-boosting effects! Like, "all Laguz in x number of spaces get +def/res when not transformed" or something.

Aside from Tibarn and Nailah, I think they would go with Ranulf, since he's popular and is strongly associated with Ike.

If there is a 4th, I can see them adding Reyson, Volug, Skrimir, or Ena. I'm leaning more towards Ena because fat chance IS will allow a banner with only 1 girl and 3 guys.

Although if Reyson and Leanne will be added, they'd be a must have. Since Tibarn gains additional movement upon transforming(?), that would mean Reyson and Leanne will have that much movement too since they also fly. A refresher with 3 MOV? OP. The only problem would be that they have no canonical weapon. Ninian can get away with it since she does transform into a dragon, and alts tend to be non-canonical in the first place. They're going to have to be really creative with them, and I can see them as magic users.

Also, I can see the Herons having a banner all to themselves, similar to Performing Arts and Hoshidan Summer.

As for Naesala, he could be added into another banner where he can be the star or be in theme-specific banners (like misunderstood heroes).

I'm personally doubting they'll add any of the dragon tribe Laguz in this banner since dragons are nothing new, even if they are Laguz dragons instead of normal dragons.

If there is a third Laguz unit on the banner, my guess would be one of Gallia's beast tribe, either Ranulf or Lethe due to popularity or Caineghis as another Laguz royal (since it's a Radiant Dawn banner and not a Path of Radiance banner).

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Although if Reyson and Leanne will be added, they'd be a must have. Since Tibarn gains additional movement upon transforming(?), that would mean Reyson and Leanne will have that much movement too since they also fly. A refresher with 3 MOV? OP. The only problem would be that they have no canonical weapon. Ninian can get away with it since she does transform into a dragon, and alts tend to be non-canonical in the first place. They're going to have to be really creative with them, and I can see them as magic users.

Also, I can see the Herons having a banner all to themselves, similar to Performing Arts and Hoshidan Summer.

Good points. I think herons will be staffers (essentially) with locked sing assist, and for attack (similarly to PA Shigure) galdrs as "tomes" that primarily debuff or buff, dealing staff damage if any. They'd also have personal skills causing them to function similarly to how they did in RD (with passives that heal either percentage or a set amount, via proximity) Like, "adjacent units gain 5HP and are healed from status ailments at the start of the turn." Iirc, that was an effect Rafiel had, while Leanne could only heal 2 allies at a time in the same way. Speaking of Rafiel, he wouldn't have the same movement as the other Laguz, and wouldn't be a flier. (If he can fly, there had better be a good explanation of it.) To compensate, maybe he'd have increased healing ability when transformed or something.

I am expecting Naesala and Caineghis/Deghinsea because of Forging Bonds. I think four laguz royals being in forging bonds will be thematically fitting. So far in book 3, what it means to be a ruler is discussed. All five four laguz royals have their own philosophy of leadership which was explored in PoR and RD so them discussing it with Alfonse and Gustav would be interesting. 

Since it's the first banner featuring beast units, I'm expecting four characters. Other than Tibarn and Nailah I think Ranulf is very likely to appear, considering how popular he is. The fourth space is going to be taken by one among Reyson, Leanne or Naesala, probably. I just hope Naesala is not a GHB unit, even if it is very likely...

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

I am expecting Naesala and Caineghis/Deghinsea because of Forging Bonds. I think four laguz royals being in forging bonds will be thematically fitting. So far in book 3, what it means to be a ruler is discussed. All five four laguz royals have their own philosophy of leadership which was explored in PoR and RD so them discussing it with Alfonse and Gustav would be interesting. 

That would be very interesting. It would remind the laguz king meeting they had in Path of Radiance, where they showed their different points of view.