Bound Hero Battle: Ike & Soren

mampfoid

Ike and his biggest fan challenge us (a little) with their map. 

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

w6mVWil.png

Infernal

Spoiler

orEhzvr.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Ike

Spoiler

HP: 67
Atk: 54
Spd: 34
Def: 35
Res: 19

Weapon: Ragnell
Assist: -
Special: Aether (1 CD)

A: Heavy Blade 3
B: Null Follow-Up 3
C: Close Guard 3
S: -

Soren

Spoiler

HP: 58
Atk: 50
Spd: 36
Def: 18
Res: 32

Weapon: Wind's Brand
Special: Growing Wind (1 CD)

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Watersweep 3
C: Res Tactic 3

Lance Knight

Spoiler

HP: 76
Atk: 52
Spd: 17
Def: 48
Res: 25

Weapon: Harmonic Lance+
Special: Luna (3 CD)

A: Fortress Def/Res 2
B: Bold Fighter 3
C: Def Tactic 3

Axe Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 51
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Slaying Lance+
Special: Sol (2 CD)

A: Atk/Spd Bond 3
B: Hit and Run
C: Distant Guard 3

Troubadour

Spoiler

HP: 41
Atk: 46
Spd: 23
Def: 22
Res: 45

Weapon: Flash+
Assist: Physic+
Special: Windfire Balm+ (1 CD)

A: -
B: Guard 3
C: Spd Tactic 3

Blue Tome Flier

Spoiler

HP: 46
Atk: 38
Spd: 44
Def: 20
Res: 38

Weapon: Blárblade+
Special: Draconic Aura (4 CD)

A: Fury 3
B: Aerobatics 3
C: Guidance 3

Layout stolen from @SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very easy BHB for my horses. The tactician of the Greils and the Greils and their mercs were no match for the Mage General of Etruria, the crown prince of Nohr, the five-authority-stars mage knight of Friege, and a girl who still uses her bow upside-down because fixing this error takes effort.

Very quick and easy clear:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @ruruo @kirauza343 @Zeo

Music: 1. Answer 2. Golden Nocturne - both from Umineko no naku koro ni. (I could almost swear that I've used the latter music before but I don't remember when)

Not much to say here. Sunkumi really softened them up with Poison Strike + Savage Blow, so they didn't have much of a fight left in them by the time they got close. It was kinda funny how Ike kept hiding behind the Lance Knight, not that it helped him at all. After this poor of a showing, Soren is not allowed to trashtalk my tactical skill ever again.

Princess clear coming soon.~

Edited by Nanima

@Nanima That map played into your cards. Clever design by Soren, but he he placed his units on the wrong side. Perhaps he saw his error when he committed suicide on Fallen Takumi. 

The rest looked relaxed on your part, so much savage damage! Congrats!  Let's see how the princesses fare. 

It took a while for my fliers (Aversa, Cherche, Summer Camilla, and New Year's Azura) to get the positioning down pat, but once had it to memory (the blue tome flier was the trickiest to avoid), the map was busted open.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

a girl who still uses her bow upside-down because fixing this error takes effort.

I always took it as she was supposed to be holding it sideways.

Anyway, it was a nice little diversion. Palla got to play with her shiny new sword and Hinbowka got to get some shine with some support from Airzura. I'm not sure Camilla actually did a single thing now that I think back on it.

I know it's selfish of me, but I kinda wish they'd spend more time on making new maps and characters than all the new game modes, mechanics, and whatnot. Those two are always my favorite parts.

@mampfoid

Thanks for making the thread.

Pretty straightforward map, I kept WoM on Peri in case she needed to fight again, since she’s blocked in by the trench & forest after her 1st fight. Fortunately, it wasn’t necessary.

I suppose that if Celica & Dancers can do Abyssal, it’s pretty safe to guess that they can also do Infernal...but anyway:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Pretty straightforward map, I kept WoM on Peri in case she needed to fight again, since she’s blocked in by the trench & forest after her 1st fight. Fortunately, it wasn’t necessary.

You're welcome! Nice clear btw.! Many different paths this time, so mine will be a little different (with my original GF crew). 

Celica chuckles about this map. Do you think it'd be possible without dancers? 

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Didn't realize that the axe cavalier was referencing Titania until I cleared the map.

Poor Titania, they could have used her sprite for this map. 

Congrats on your clear, your cavs need harder challenges. 

Not really hard, but Infernal did take me several tries. I beat the first two with my team of Ike, B!Ike, L!Ike and Soren. Haha. And was TRYING to beat Infernal with them, but just couldn't, so I took away part of the handicap and used L!Ike and Soren, and Flying!Olivia and Veronica as support and then it went MUCH better. That stupid blue flying mage did more damage to Soren than I was expecting. But pulled out with some clever dancing and healing, so it wasn't that hard. But bummed I couldn't do it with my team of Ike's + Soren. Haha.

Small challenge: for some reason I thought the trenches were like forests to Fliers as well...? Clearly Smash Bros has consumed me so much I can't even remember basic FEH knowledge.

Anyways, standard double range double dancer Flier Emblem clear. ToD!Nowi went for the Lance Armor first, and everything kinda fell into place from there.

@Nanima Savage Blow really paid off, especially with how physical your party is. Great job!

No problems here, just had to get the positioning just right to draw the mage flier to the left instead of the right and get Micaiah the speed to double a certain someone with Null Followup (god that's gonna be an annoying skill on the Legendary battles)

I feel like Micaiah taking out Ike is the right way to do it lmao (Black Knight would be good too) and I've gotta say I'm super grateful Soren kept his Watersweep (it would've still been doable by giving Cherche Green Tomebreaker but still)

so i used the same team all 3 rounds:
SF!NIno, S!Tana, B!Ninian, Sumia. 
(honestly. while i am still salty AF about not getting Flyivia - S!Tana is seriously pulling her weight. and as the third copy ended up being perfect IVs (+atk/-res) i'll take it over not getting another flying refresher. 

as i don't have any real "flier" buffs yet for my team i used hone attack, spur attack and savage blow as seals to help chip away damage and they did everything on their own. (I wish i could A: remember what I did. because i'd really like to show y'all how much i've progressed and thank people for helping me get better :) ), and B: recorded it lol haha).  I don't think this was "easy" per se - but yah. i always have to laugh when i can clear maps on my own because it's like... was this really hard? because i did it on my own :)

all 9 orbs. winning! :)

I wanted to use Husbando Emblem so here's Lunatic for that clear~

If you squint, someone other than Jeorge did something~ I was gonna try to kill the Lance Knight with Kaze but I forgot about Lon'qu's Threaten Defense so Jeorge ended up getting the kill, LEL~

As I was posting this, I beat Infernal but it's obviously not as interesting as Husbando Emblem and my phone doesn't seem to want to let me past the Title Screen for some reason anyway so may record it may not ajshdhkfh~ Internet keeps dying so gonna be commenting on the other clears in a second~

24 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

If you squint, someone other than Jeorge did something~ I was gonna try to kill the Lance Knight with Kaze but I forgot about Lon'qu's Threaten Defense so Jeorge ended up getting the kill, LEL~

As I was posting this, I beat Infernal but it's obviously not as interesting as Husbando Emblem and my phone doesn't seem to want to let me past the Title Screen for some reason anyway so may record it may not ajshdhkfh~ Internet keeps dying so gonna be commenting on the other clears in a second~

hehe i like Husbando Clear! :D (Kaze! yes!)
thats a great job seriously :)

Infernal was no big deal. At first I tried it with my defense team: Lucina (waifu), both Morgans (adorable children), and Julia (star player), but the overlapping Tactics meant I couldn't get enough kills fast enough. So I switched Morgan and Morgan out for L!Lyn and Femui, my former go-to blue unit. Then it was easy. Lyn and Julia smashed the flier and knight, Femui obliterated Ike, and Lucina got choppy on the rest.

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Very quick and easy clear:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @ruruo @kirauza343 @Zeo

Music: 1. Answer 2. Golden Nocturne - both from Umineko no naku koro ni. (I could almost swear that I've used the latter music before but I don't remember when)

Not much to say here. Sunkumi really softened them up with Poison Strike + Savage Blow, so they didn't have much of a fight left in them by the time they got close. It was kinda funny how Ike kept hiding behind the Lance Knight, not that it helped him at all. After this poor of a showing, Soren is not allowed to trashtalk my tactical skill ever again.

Princess clear coming soon.~

Nice Psuedo-Pain strats on Sunkumi to soften everyone up, plus Skadi~ They were pretty easily sniped off after that, nice! I also had Ike hiding a lot behind that Lance Knight for some reason, haha~

5 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I didn't use Galeforce Minerva for this - le gasp!

Pretty much a one-turn clear after everyone got into position, nice job!~

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

I suppose that if Celica & Dancers can do Abyssal, it’s pretty safe to guess that they can also do Infernal...but anyway:

Reveal hidden contents

I was wondering how you'd get everyone close enough after seeing Robert of Normandy's clear, using Lucina to set up Peri in position was really cool!

Celica handles these so easily, Guidance to get Ninian out of danger in the beginning was nice~

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@Nanima Savage Blow really paid off, especially with how physical your party is. Great job!

No problems here, just had to get the positioning just right to draw the mage flier to the left instead of the right and get Micaiah the speed to double a certain someone with Null Followup (god that's gonna be an annoying skill on the Legendary battles)

I feel like Micaiah taking out Ike is the right way to do it lmao (Black Knight would be good too) and I've gotta say I'm super grateful Soren kept his Watersweep (it would've still been doable by giving Cherche Green Tomebreaker but still)

The  1 HP live on Micaiah was really clutch~ Watersweep really did make dealing with Soren much easier, nice clear, everyone got some action here

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

so i used the same team all 3 rounds:
SF!NIno, S!Tana, B!Ninian, Sumia. 
(honestly. while i am still salty AF about not getting Flyivia - S!Tana is seriously pulling her weight. and as the third copy ended up being perfect IVs (+atk/-res) i'll take it over not getting another flying refresher. 

as i don't have any real "flier" buffs yet for my team i used hone attack, spur attack and savage blow as seals to help chip away damage and they did everything on their own. (I wish i could A: remember what I did. because i'd really like to show y'all how much i've progressed and thank people for helping me get better :) ), and B: recorded it lol haha).  I don't think this was "easy" per se - but yah. i always have to laugh when i can clear maps on my own because it's like... was this really hard? because i did it on my own :)

all 9 orbs. winning! :)

Ayyeee, look at you getting these done without even having to switch up your units, congrats!~ Once you get Flier buffs, this will be a really powerful squad~ And I totally get you, remembering how I get clears is like the bane of my existence~

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

hehe i like Husbando Clear! :D (Kaze! yes!)
thats a great job seriously :)

It ended up being more Jeorge than I would have though, ahsgfjl~

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ayyeee, look at you getting these done without even having to switch up your units, congrats!~ Once you get Flier buffs, this will be a really powerful squad~ And I totally get you, remembering how I get clears is like the bane of my existence~

seriously, remember i was like. this close to quitting the game :) (thanks for helping me not LOL) haha
now i can do infernal maps by myself *buffs nails*

well that's the thing. i have no idea what i did the first time. so i was trying to record (still can't do it oh well), and then i was failing so i did something else. (what I dunno), and i killed everyone again and poof. i did it twice with Fly Squad. Morgan can never get in there lol. but i think once i get Olivia, and some other flying units i can do a Fly Squad featuring Morgan's resistance powers. I made her a tank so i'd really like her to get some fun in the action. 

@kirauza343 Speedy Micaiah is something you don't see every day. Surviving Ike with 1 Hp was a close call but she destroyed him back. All in all, a very swift clear but a very neat!

Yeah, this one was very easy as is the usual with BHB. I had a semi solo clear that I did as soon as the map showed up but then I remembered that I already have a full tactics team thanks to Ylgr coming home (and due to her +Spd nature she won't become fodder ever, so no +18 Spd Eirika memes). Anyways, it is a short one but enjoy.

Ike & Soren Infernal in one turn: 

Classical strategy, original GF squad came together once more (Hector was a faint :P ). 

I may clean up my ping list at the end of the year, there is some folks I didn't see for months and it makes no sense to spam their alerts. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I feel like Micaiah taking out Ike is the right way to do it lmao

Exactly, that was perfect. Surviving that Aether with 1 HP even. Congrats! 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Wow, that is one Lon'qu! 

Nice clear, naturally the dance with the blue knight took a while. Bet with some poison strike they would beat also Infernal. 

(Navare didn't learn his new prf btw. )

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Yeah, this one was very easy as is the usual with BHB. 

Great to see Eirika again. The armor was though, but the rest proved no problem for her. 

Finally SPD tactic, I know that feeling. I still hesitate to sacrifice my -ATK Ylgr though ...