Bound Hero Battle: Ike & Soren

mampfoid

I was to excited when I saw this. :3 I'm a huuuuge GM fan, and I especially love Ike and Soren's friendship. So, yeah, super excited! X3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This BHB was tricky for me. Guidance galls are always annoying and giving this one a blade tome with super speed wasn't making things better. I had to try a few different things, but eventually ended up with a victory.

Edited by Sasori

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I wanted to use Husbando Emblem so here's Lunatic for that clear~

If you squint, someone other than Jeorge did something~ I was gonna try to kill the Lance Knight with Kaze but I forgot about Lon'qu's Threaten Defense so Jeorge ended up getting the kill, LEL~

As I was posting this, I beat Infernal but it's obviously not as interesting as Husbando Emblem and my phone doesn't seem to want to let me past the Title Screen for some reason anyway so may record it may not ajshdhkfh~ Internet keeps dying so gonna be commenting on the other clears in a second~

Jeorge cherry tapping the Armor to death gave me a chuckle. Nice work!

Wanted to do a Navarre assisted solo, but my dancers can't really reach him after he does one attack with an AoE. At least I'm having with his new toy in other modes with SS

This clear is dedicated to @mampfoid who believed in the Husbandos when I didn't~

Lon'qu needs L&D 1 because 2 will have him killed by the Cleric~ Jeorge needs Poison Strike 2 because 3 messes with the AI and I switched to Spur Res since Spur Spd wasn't really needed and if he ended up next to Lon'qu, he could help him out~ Navarre got Spur Res for the same reason~ The DD3 on Kaze ended up not being needed because I ended up getting it so Soren doesn't attack him~ I also gave him his new toy because for whatever reason, I forgot he had to physically learn it before I spammed my Dews trying to upgrade it (thanks for reminding me, Mampfoid, LOL)~

This ended up being better than Lunatic because everyone got to do a little this time~ Obviously the Blue Refrigerator was the biggest pain, not even so much killing him, but just staying out of his range before that. We had to play around the Cleric because getting into her range and getting hit with the Flash = getting killed by Ike, which was why I didn't think I'd be able to clear this with these guys but it ended up working out once we got rid of the mage threats and figured out a way to huddle into the corner~

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@kirauza343 Speedy Micaiah is something you don't see every day. Surviving Ike with 1 Hp was a close call but she destroyed him back. All in all, a very swift clear but a very neat!

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this one was very easy as is the usual with BHB. I had a semi solo clear that I did as soon as the map showed up but then I remembered that I already have a full tactics team thanks to Ylgr coming home (and due to her +Spd nature she won't become fodder ever, so no +18 Spd Eirika memes). Anyways, it is a short one but enjoy.

All those tactics made Eirika a massive beast, even tanking that Lance Knight~ Really cool solo clear~

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ike & Soren Infernal in one turn: 

Classical strategy, original GF squad came together once more (Hector was a faint :P ). 

Wow, that is one Lon'qu! 

Nice clear, naturally the dance with the blue knight took a while. Bet with some poison strike they would beat also Infernal. 

(Navare didn't learn his new prf btw. )

More Smite fun~ Nice to see these ways around the map layout so you can reach the enemies~ I liked this one!

Lon'qu gets to have a tiny bit more fun in the Infernal Clear~ Took your advice with the Poison Strike and got Navarre's weapon XD

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Jeorge cherry tapping the Armor to death gave me a chuckle. Nice work!

Thanks, haha~ I didn't think to put Poison Strike on him for that one so it took a bit longer than it needed to XP

(It wouldn't let me Edit my post, so sorry for the double post)~

@mampfoid I always appreciate tactical use of Smite. Hector sets up the whole run there, as befits a general.

@LordFrigid Hey, it's Lucina. Raven doing just enough damage to kill that knight was great.

@Landmaster It's nice to see less used units, especially when you remember to give them their refines. :Jaffar:

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

This clear is dedicated to @mampfoid who believed in the Husbandos when I didn't~

Wow, it's  even better than the first clear! The ending was great - who needs WTA when you have bias?

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@Landmaster It's nice to see less used units, especially when you remember to give them their refines. :Jaffar:

He wanted to be badass without it one last time~

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wow, it's  even better than the first clear! The ending was great - who needs WTA when you have bias?

Thanks! I actually got a little extra chip damage here than I had the first time so as long as he had his Luna ready, Navarre was good to go~

Another easy map for ReinLyn; the Aerobatic+Guidance flier wasn't really a problem at all along with the trench tiles.

Was not very happy with the first summon session of the BHB banner; no reds showed up, meaning I had to spend my free summon on a less desirable color (Soren is 3-4* available already).

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@mampfoid I always appreciate tactical use of Smite. Hector sets up the whole run there, as befits a general.

Haha, exactly. I imagined him giving Cordelia a friendly (and super exaggerated) pad while telling her to start the fight already. ^^ 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

More Smite fun~ Nice to see these ways around the map layout so you can reach the enemies~ I liked this one!

Glad you liked it, even if it was pretty standard this time. 

Took your advice with the Poison Strike and got Navarre's weapon XD

Wow, you gave him even the refinement. 

Great! I knew it. :-)) 

Even 4* Kaze gets a kill, very nice. Navarre finishes boss-fridge, didn't take as long as expected. Would have worked even without Poison Strike. 

Hard beaten with low HM units.

Lunatic and Infernal beaten with Sonya, HK!Marth, Azura and Genny. With Lunatic, Sonya 1-rounded the armour, Marth repositions and from there it's a pretty easy sweep honestly. Infernal (which had been cleared first) started with Genny attacking the armour (who she could double because of the dancing speed seal) and being dragged back by Sonya. Soren and the flier head to the left for Azura while everyone else goes right, mainly slowed down because of Gravity. Sonya destroys the armour, gets pulled out and the enemy force keeps coming, the flier having gone north while the others are together. This allows me to set up kills for Marth and leave sonya in range of the flier, who she easily tanks because she didn't get Soren's boosts. From there I figure out how to mop up the rest, with only the troubadour left and easily stopped.

@mampfoid Yeah, I was surprised how well things lined up for me. Looks like Soren had a bit of an off-day and decided to quit early. haha

As for your one-turn clear: It was great seeing these three again. Lol at Hector basically leaning back to watch after punting Cordelia across the field. Aether really couldn't save Ike this time. Soren didn't even have time toblink before his strategy fell apart around him.

@kirauza343 Thanks! It really was a boon against the armour and Ike.

Your girls left no prisoners. Micaiah was particularly aggressive this time around. Poor Soren being left all alone at the end and having his own signature skill betray him. A very effective clear!

@Landmaster I guess Ike was being a bit more shy than usual. haha 

Husbando clear was really lovely. The best clears always have people using their faves. Jeorge was certainly the mvp, but he wasn't the only one putting in work. He had about as much difficulty with the armour as my Taku, but his perseverence really payed off. Congrats!

@mcsilas @Zeo @ruruo

And here is the princesses clear:

Music: 1. prologue 2. Time to raise the cross - both from Tales of the Abyss 

Intro music had to plkay a bit longer, since the actual track was a bit shorter than expected.

Another easy clear. Sakura had a bit less offensive role than usual, since all the Tactic skills made it difficult for her to double and get enough damage in. Her presence was no less vital than usual however. Sakunyan was able to take out both the blue tome flier and Soren with minimal help, and afterwards it was a simple clean up job. I've been having fun with these easier clears, and feel kind of glad that I can enjoy the quiet until the next LHBs roll out.  

Edited by Nanima

23 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As for your one-turn clear: It was great seeing these three again. Lol at Hector basically leaning back to watch after punting Cordelia across the field. Aether really couldn't save Ike this time. Soren didn't even have time toblink before his strategy fell apart around him.

Yeah, Soren pondered for too long, ha!

Ike's Aether actually helped to get Cordelia into WoM range. 

24 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It starts well already: my Gunnthrá wasn't able to one-round the Knight, your Hinoka didn't have trouble. 

Best part was of course Sakunyan killing both Soren and the flying Blarblade in one enemy phase. OG Sakura didn't kill as much as usual, but her Gravity solved the difficult moments. 

Congrats! 

@mampfoid "Let's get moving" *smite* pfffftttt hahaha.... Oh Hector... Another clean clear, and one of the funniest. Great job! 

@Nanima Loved Skadi here, it worked really nice in your favour when when mass panic hit everyone They didn't have much trouble with this at all.
For the princess clear, it's so satisfying to see that blue armour getting one rounded and also Sakunyan take out both Soren and the Blue flier haha x'D I also really liked how you used gravity to deal with the mob. 

@Landmaster (Navarre, Kaze and Jeorge!? A lady of culture) So happy you managed to do an infernal clear with them! Jeorge did great! What IVs is yours? It's such a great idea to use poison strike. Certainly helped with the armour in the end (Refrigerators are the true nemesis). I liked that Lon'qu managed to take out Ike :) Well done!! 

Just uploading an infernal dagger clear. Hopefully I can post it tonight <3

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster I guess Ike was being a bit more shy than usual. haha 

Husbando clear was really lovely. The best clears always have people using their faves. Jeorge was certainly the mvp, but he wasn't the only one putting in work. He had about as much difficulty with the armour as my Taku, but his perseverence really payed off. Congrats!

Music: 1. prologue 2. Time to raise the cross - both from Tales of the Abyss 

Intro music had to plkay a bit longer, since the actual track was a bit shorter than expected.

Another easy clear. Sakura had a bit less offensive role than usual, since all the Tactic skills made it difficult for her to double and get enough damage in. Her presence was no less vital than usual however. Sakunyan was able to take out both the blue tome flier and Soren with minimal help, and afterwards it was a simple clean up job. I've been having fun with these easier clears, and feel kind of glad that I can enjoy the quiet until the next LHBs roll out.  

Thank you! I am glad everyone else got to work together in Infernal to get the kills~ Those armors really are pesky~

Well Sakura was quite the little MVP~ Awesome use of Gravity to make sure Soren and the Mage Flier were not only the only ones who could move but that they'd fly straight into Sakunyan for a death sentence~ Plus getting a hit on Ike so Hinoka could easily be taken out, while Kinoka needed no help dealing with the Cav~ And Sakura finishes by cleaning up the Troubadour, she was just as vital as you said~ Really nice clear!

32 minutes ago, ruruo said:

@Landmaster (Navarre, Kaze and Jeorge!? A lady of culture) So happy you managed to do an infernal clear with them! Jeorge did great! What IVs is yours? It's such a great idea to use poison strike. Certainly helped with the armour in the end (Refrigerators are the true nemesis). I liked that Lon'qu managed to take out Ike :) Well done!! 

Just uploading an infernal dagger clear. Hopefully I can post it tonight <3

Only the finest of men make it to the Husbando team XD Jeorge is a wonderful -Atk, +HP~ Yeeeaaah, he's not so hot on paper, and pretty much relies on his Parthia refine and Special to get big damage off until I can get a better IV, but he still manages to take fliers and mages out without much trouble~ I am very glad Poison Strike 2 kept the AI the way I needed it because it does take a long time to get rid of that Fridge without it XP Looking forward to your Dagger clear~

@Landmaster Omg... x'DD That's even more impressive. I hope you get blessed by a +atk/+spd/-hp/-res Jeorge soon!!! 

Here the dagger clear~ Wasn't too sure who to fill for the 4th spot so NY!Taco's here for you @Nanima <3. He actually worked out very well as he had the highest attack, this let him take Soren's Windbrand debuff which  allowed S!Ryoma to ko the blue fridge. 

Spoiler

And a quick little extra, inspired by you @mampfoid~ 

Jeorge vs. Soren & Ike Infernal

Spoiler

@Landmaster Nice husbando emblem! Having two-colours might have made the armour knight a bit tougher to kill but you used the terrain well! I see your Savage Blow strats to keep the healer busy lol. 4 star Kaze in the clear is cool as well.

@Nanima Oh wow that 98 damage from Sakunya! Nice straightforward way of tackling everyone one one side. Gravity again was a great staff to use, and I love how you made it so only Soren could reach Sakunya! I see the Savage Blow openings are quite popular for the Takumi squad clear lol.

@Alexmender Showing off your new Spd Tactic I see, congrats on getting Ylgr! Eirkia is such a beast tanking the Blarblade and a Bold Fighter armour!

@mampfoid Aww no GF Hector. Still, nice clear, I still haven't seen a Brave Roy in my summons which is strange, but nice to see your classic GF squad together.

@Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Ginko @NegativeExponents-

I call this clear, tribute to the forgotten Ikes.

Team is +Spd/-Atk Ike, +Def/-Res Brave Ike, +Res/-Spd Elincia, +Atk/-Def Sothe

Music is I'll Face Myself (Reincarnation) from Persona 4. (Yes @Zeo I finally used it, and what better video to use it on than this one with Shadow Ike versus not 1, but 2 Ikes!)

So yeah this is kind of a tribute to my OG Ike, which took me a painful while to summon on the 2nd Hero first only to come out as +Spd/-Atk. Still, I made the best of him, gave him Summoner Support as an Arena core before BK came in. A bit sad he is made absolute by his Legendary self but, at least he still has better Spd, so I strengthened his speed stat even further with Darting Stance in this clear.

-I originally could make this clear faster by having Ike use a Darting Stance-powered Ragnell counter attack against Soren instead of Elincia taking the hit, but that would mean Ike would have less health to fight himself, and I felt this video felt better since everyone had a part. Also silly Soren having Watersweep and not being able to double.

-Brave Ike Beorc's Blessing and Urvan was nice  to use as a counter the blarblade flier, and he also isn't as commonly seen these days. Plus I needed a bulky green to combat the lance armour (originally used a 4 star Titania but her Defense is a bit low and I haven't upgraded her yet).

-Elincia can actually tank 1 hit from Ike. However she needs Sothe's Peshkatz buffs to retaliate without being attacked.

-It was also amusing how Sothe tanks the axe cavalier. The enemy having Hit and Run was perfect since Sothe can buff Elincia without even moving from his spot!

@Nanima Major shades of the Seliph & Julia battle here. Considering the differences between the battles, it was almost as if this battle was practice for that one. Nonetheless effortless, I almost felt bad for Ike's army. Soren may think clustering up a bunch of units together is a good idea, maybe it was in PoR, but in Heroes it's basically asking to be demolished with AoE chip damage. Kudos.

Even easier with the princesses. I should have expected a clear like that after I saw Hinoka completely blow up the most problematic unit instantly. Considering how they can sometimes struggle in other clears. They deserved to coast the way they did here.

@LordFrigid @mampfoid About what I expected. There's really not much to say here. They didn't stand a chance, it's almost as if maps like this are for clears like yours. Only thing I have to say is it was nice seeing Raven and baaaaaaah no GF Hector! 

@Landmaster Funny how Jeorge ended up doing most of the work on your clear as well. Still it was cool seeing some less used units like Navarre, without his new prf, even.

The infernal clear was much more impressive though. I knew you were going to have to chip the armor but the way you danced around him while systematically picking off his comrades was satisfying. Ike vs Lon'Qu was probably the highlight for me here.

@Alexmender Sheesh that was nasty. I thought at least the lance armor would give Eirika some trouble but not so. Not even Matthew mopped up the enemies this easy.

@mcsilas Speediest Ike I've ever seen. I really like that. I almost wish I had one so I could build him up differently from my L!Ike considering mine pretty much collects dust these days (He's just plain ol' +ATK/-HP). Oh yeah, the clear! Sothe tanking a hit was awesome, Ike vs Ike was sweet, especially considering Ike could double himself without QR, Elincia is a rarity for me as I don't have her so her sheer power is always something to behold.

B!Ike stole the show though. I forgot how great of a tank he is if he can't actually retaliate. The blue flier being unable to kill him was one thing, but a luna from a knight boosted by Harmonic Lance only doing 7 damage was beyond epic. Then he just mops him up. Spectacular. Also I see that "I'll face myself!" Haha! I knew it was coming eventually! I also see you used a different version than me. I rather like this one, a man of class you are!

@ruruo @Baldrick @silveraura25 @SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris @daisy jane @Hilda @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse

As for me, this as you would expect was cake. So cake in fact that I didn't remember how I beat it the morning after, I know I used Pain+ but I thought that was boring when I'd probably do it for the Morgan clear, so I did it with Gravity and immediately forgot how which kinda bummed me out since Matt got a lot more action and Ike procced Aether in that clear. But I couldn't replicate it and I figured it wasn't worth wasting the time trying to re-create a "certain" clear when the map is so easily beaten in so many different ways. So I just rolled with it and let Genny get most of the spotlight. That's fine too. GG Ike.

I saw quite a few people using Savage Blow tactics here. For my Morgan team Priscilla was a no brainer. Still, initially I went in with one Savage Blow along with DEF Tactic and tried to use Priscilla to support Morgan as he led the team, that ended up being a little problematic though which brought me to the question "Why am I doing this when I could just go all in with Priscilla?" and the answer was: no good reason. So that's exactly what I did. Slapped on the other Savage Blow 3 and went to town. It was nonsense how easy it was. Morgan almost didn't even do anything, but his tome did end up playing a bit of a part of finishing things. Still, I don't feel he had to be used, it was just a bonus. 

Every now and again we have these maps where Priscilla doesn't do much, but today? Today is her day, to ease your pain.

For the special clear, I played around with a few ideas intially like a themed clear of FE9 or FE10, an Ike/Soren mirror or Micaiah/Sothe vs the GMs. Nothing really wow'ed me though. After a bit of thinking the idea hit me like... well... a gust of wind! What about a wind themed clear?! I have tons of characters that fit the bill and I just pulled Lewyn as the icing on the cake so decided to run with that. For the team, I crafted most of it almost immediately. Lewyn was a no brainer, Soren is one of my favorites and Merric just got his last copy so he's now *4 +10 with his long awaited Excalibur. The problematic thing was the 4th unit. I had other wind units, but certain units didn't feel right like Sonya, B/BH!Lyn and others like OG Lyn upstaged the team and even then didn't feel right or fit the scheme in my mind. Finally though I got around to.... Kaze. Yeah, duh. He fit the theme perfectly and even his color scheme was on point.

Having a nearly mono-colored team made things quite difficult for the obvious reason: Ike. How am I going to kill him? I was trying to use Merric to weaken him (he was the only unit with the bulk to survive his Aether. with just 1 HP at that) and finish him off but could never get the job done. After a bit of bumbling around I found the solution ended up being really simplistic. Lewyn is really quite the unit, let's just leave it at that. Simply put, this one was a breeze.

Aaaand we're done.