Bound Hero Battle: Ike & Soren

mampfoid

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Seeing Hector deal so many hits is pure magic! We need more of GF Hectors! Also, Azura herself joined in on the fun which is nice to see.

@daisy jane Great job on the clear! Nice use of Sumia and Nino link combo! Fliers can be really strong, so it's good that you have a really good flier team there!

@Alexmender Ah yes, simpler times those days. As for your clear just wait for Axe Hero Selena/Severa nice clear! Cordelia's are always really strong offensively. I love how the Lance Cordelias and Selena defied weapon triangle disadvantage in the second half!

@Zeo @Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Azuris (sorry forgot to tag you in the last video as well)

So I suddenly had a few different ideas so I revisited this BHB map with some new teams.

Firstly is a Flame Emblem team (since Zeo's Wind theme inspired me).

Team is +Def/-Spd Sanaki, neutral Arvis, +Atk/-Spd Legendary Ephraim +1 and +Def/-Spd Myrrh.

Music is Goodbye Esaka from the King of Fighers 2000 soundtrack

Getting Myrrh recently made me realise I can now complete the weapon triangle with her Great Flame weapon. Also Sanaki is a must in this clear because of Tellius, which makes this a clear of two fire mages, a dragon's Great Flame and Flame Siegmund.

-Sanaki's Triangle Adept was actually important to keep the cavalier away from Myrrh's corner, as Myrrh can't survive a combination of Soren, the axe horse and the healer. (In hindsight, I just realised Tactics would work on this team and this would at least help Myrrh's bulk). Either way, Arvis's Ploy support helps weaken Soren's attack.

-Greg Chun vs Greg Chun! Ephraim needed Close Def to prevent being knocked out against Tellius Greg Chun. I had to change Smite to Reposition to keep the Begnion Empress safe.

-It's kind of ironic how the blue knight couldn't survive the barrage of Flame-boosted Icebergs. Also I had to laugh when the healer decided to target Sanaki instead of Myrrh who couldn't even counterattack.

-------

Next one is a Strategist/Tactician clear. 

Team is neutral Saias, +Atk/-Spd Innes, +Atk/-Def Katarina and neutral Aversa

Music is Stormy Saxophone 5 from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-So here is a team of Strategists from different games- Innes's title is Royal Strategician (is this even a word? Autocorrect says it's not), Saias is praised by Reinhardt for his tactical skills, Katarina aimed to be a tactician in her platoon and Aversa served as Gangrel's advisor in Awakening (and competes with Female Robin as Chrom's tactician in F Robin's support). 

I also did an alternate version with Male Robin instead of Saias but I liked how this team comes from different games so I went with this instead. Too bad all these tacticians are ranged infantry and can't give Tactic buffs to each other,

-A few peculiar things needed to be setup. Innes has the highest Atk because of his boon, so to prevent Soren's Chill Atk effect targetting him, I had to give Atk+3 to Saias. Katarina also needs 1 more Res to Ploy Soren, and the -5 Atk debuff is really important for Innes's survival. Aversa's Res Wave also came in handy, but I did have to wait for the specific turn for Innes to get the Res Wave buff. 

Sure I could have given Innes Fortress Res but I didn't really like the Atk drop and Saias appreciates more Atk anyway.

-Tacticians sure love their ploys/debuffs huh? Katarina almost one-shotting the blue knight is amazing and the Owl effect helps give her some nice stats to not get one-shot by melee attacks. Saias just surviving Ike is also neat.

@Baldrick When I said a Micaiah & Sothe clear, I wasn't expecting... 3 Micaiahs. Well played with them though. Her surviving Ike's Aether was surprising. What was less surprising was Soren giving them the most trouble. It was a team effort to take him down.

@mcsilas Oh yeah, the theme at the beginning of the Wind clear is actually called... "Wind" ... yep. It was the first ending song for the original Naruto anime.

As for your new clears. I know I have a Myrrh myself, but it's still impressive seeing her tank so much. I see why you took off Fury though, the recoil would have made things dangerous. Funny too how Ephraim laughed at Ike's futile attempts to do damage only to recover nearly all of his HP effortlessly on the following turn. Arvis and especially Sanaki with her TA3 destroying the blue armor was cool too, though I still don't think the latter deserves to be *5 locked.

Huh, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen Katarina's prf tome's new animation. It's pretty cool. Innes was the most impressive here though. I've never seen Odd RES Wave used in such a crucial manner. They kept chipping away at him but Innes just wouldn't go down. Saias didn't do much, but his tome probably played a part. Almost gives me an idea for a clear of my own... but not for this map.

@ruruo Nice clear! Dagger clears are among the rarest around here. Also first time I've seen Sky Maiougi in action. I wish I'd been able to get at least one dagger dancer...

@mampfoid Now that's the kind of destruction I expect from Hector! ....thank you.

Also forgot that the unique animation for kill strikes for legendaries triggers no matter what weapon they wield. I kinda want to see Hector spin around the Lillith Floatie+...

@Alexmender Cordelia is such a powerhouse that it doesn't matter what class she comes in. Selena was no slouch either though. They made things look easy here. Selena killing that blue mage was also a surprise. Even Cordelia's daughter could care less about the WT.

@Zeo It's funny, now that the Drive Res has been revealed for the new TT, I would have really liked it for this clear. Originally I was using (a 4 star) Soren's Fortify Res to buff Innes's Res so he can survive the initial baiting, and while I successfully managed to start the battle, I couldn't do much to Soren with either my Soren or Innes, so I really needed Aversa's red tome colour advantage since Innes would be a bit low on health at that point.

Ah, a Naruto ending, that's why it sounded familiar. Very fitting title as well haha.

Also I just noticed I rendered the Tactician video with the wrong settings, so here's the fixed one (I wish you could replace the video with the same link?) Also since I forgot to tag @Landmaster last time, well tagging you now.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Seeing Hector deal so many hits is pure magic! We need more of GF Hectors! Also, Azura herself joined in on the fun which is nice to see.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now that's the kind of destruction I expect from Hector! ....thank you.

You're welcome, guys. Ok, understood. Hector is getting higher priority. ^^' 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also forgot that the unique animation for kill strikes for legendaries triggers no matter what weapon they wield. I kinda want to see Hector spin around the Lillith Floatie+...

Yeah, I'm used to fast paced brave hits, when I saw him attacking the Knight, it was like: "what is he doing?"

Surprised Ike could get Ephraims HP so low, but in the end he prevailed. Interesting start to let Myrrh tank the mages. Sanaki and Arvis made their job, they are really on fire. Should use them more.

Congrats! 

Watched the fixed vid (it's the same clear, no?). 

Poor Soren, every single tactical is giving him a visit. Innes really takes a lot of hits. Never saw Katharinas tome animation before ... it's time for her to come for me. 

Saias is a true tactican, only ploying, drawing and eating Ike's Aether. 

Nice one, congrats! 

@mampfoid Yeah it's the same video, just with fixed dimensions. Also in terms of Saias (also answering @Zeo's post) he was pretty important as well, since I really needed someone to survive Ike's counterattack. I did do it with M Robin in the other clear as well, since he has Triangle Adept (and I could've showcased his Tactical Bolt animation) but Saias surprised me that even he could survive Ike (thanks to Fury as well), so I chose the Saias clear in the end.

And yes his ploys really helped Katarina as well. Unfortunately Robin can't ploy that well.

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

(sorry forgot to tag you in the last video as well)

Don't worry, I went back and found it.

You really keep humiliating Soren. First you show that Ike without Soren is better than Ike with Soren, then he gets taken out by a unit that doesn't even have skills equipped and at last you made a strategists clear and he isn't allowed in it. Also he keeps boasting at the start of every map only to lose to every team you bring.

Really nice, enjoyable theme clears. Well done.

I don’t usually do extra clears this late, but it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, so sorry for this random clear OTL

As some people may have seen in the Pull Thread, I recently Summoned a Lene and upon realizing how destructive she is with Def Refine Ignis, I thought to myself…I need to do a Dancer Emblem Clear. The Dancers need to show how capable they are on their own~

AND DANCER EMBLEM IT IS!~

@daisy jane

Silvia only needs the Drive Spd Seal to assure that Lene can double Ike~ Lene came in with the big guns. Halloween Dorcas so kindly offered her his Sturdy Stance so that she could one round Ike (Ignis takes too long to charge, so we went with Bonfire. I considered Steady Stance but the Atk ended up being pretty crucial so I’m glad that was what we went with). Originally put Guard on her because I didn’t want Soren to charge up his Growing Wind because he will kill anyone sans Silvia with it charged up, but we ended up finding a way around him ever getting a 2nd attack off.

For Lolizura, Drive Res helped Lene out a bit against Soren and Savage Blow was of course needed to keep that Troubadour busy. She bore the burden of the Chill Atk but it didn’t end up being that bad with the Hone Atks keeping the debuffs from being extra crippling~ 

Inigo, the man, the myth, the legend, does absolutely nothing, but he’s precious so we appreciate him being the actual Dancer for the team~ (I put Triangle Adept on him because not doing so causes the Blue Flier to attack him instead of Lolizura. With the Distant Def Seal and Azura’s Spur Res, he can actually live it and we can still beat the map, but this got it done a bit faster so I’m good with this clear)

Honestly, the Blue Flier was the reason this was so hard. She had the Blarblade and is getting all kinds of buffs throughout the map IN ADDITION to having all these skills that let her/her teammates fly all over the place so if we’re not careful, she one shots everyone on the team. I tried several strategies of baiting her out and dealing with her first but Azura and Inigo can’t do much against her until most of her buffers are gone and we’re in a position to gang up on her~ Other than that and making sure to one round Ike, most of the others weren’t that hard to deal with~ 

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So I suddenly had a few different ideas so I revisited this BHB map with some new teams.

Team is +Def/-Spd Sanaki, neutral Arvis, +Atk/-Spd Legendary Ephraim +1 and +Def/-Spd Myrrh.

Music is Goodbye Esaka from the King of Fighers 2000 soundtrack

Getting Myrrh recently made me realise I can now complete the weapon triangle with her Great Flame weapon. Also Sanaki is a must in this clear because of Tellius, which makes this a clear of two fire mages, a dragon's Great Flame and Flame Siegmund.

-Sanaki's Triangle Adept was actually important to keep the cavalier away from Myrrh's corner, as Myrrh can't survive a combination of Soren, the axe horse and the healer. (In hindsight, I just realised Tactics would work on this team and this would at least help Myrrh's bulk). Either way, Arvis's Ploy support helps weaken Soren's attack.

-Greg Chun vs Greg Chun! Ephraim needed Close Def to prevent being knocked out against Tellius Greg Chun. I had to change Smite to Reposition to keep the Begnion Empress safe.

-It's kind of ironic how the blue knight couldn't survive the barrage of Flame-boosted Icebergs. Also I had to laugh when the healer decided to target Sanaki instead of Myrrh who couldn't even counterattack.

-------

Team is neutral Saias, +Atk/-Spd Innes, +Atk/-Def Katarina and neutral Aversa

Music is Stormy Saxophone 5 from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-So here is a team of Strategists from different games- Innes's title is Royal Strategician (is this even a word? Autocorrect says it's not), Saias is praised by Reinhardt for his tactical skills, Katarina aimed to be a tactician in her platoon and Aversa served as Gangrel's advisor in Awakening (and competes with Female Robin as Chrom's tactician in F Robin's support). 

I also did an alternate version with Male Robin instead of Saias but I liked how this team comes from different games so I went with this instead. Too bad all these tacticians are ranged infantry and can't give Tactic buffs to each other,

-A few peculiar things needed to be setup. Innes has the highest Atk because of his boon, so to prevent Soren's Chill Atk effect targetting him, I had to give Atk+3 to Saias. Katarina also needs 1 more Res to Ploy Soren, and the -5 Atk debuff is really important for Innes's survival. Aversa's Res Wave also came in handy, but I did have to wait for the specific turn for Innes to get the Res Wave buff. 

Sure I could have given Innes Fortress Res but I didn't really like the Atk drop and Saias appreciates more Atk anyway.

-Tacticians sure love their ploys/debuffs huh? Katarina almost one-shotting the blue knight is amazing and the Owl effect helps give her some nice stats to not get one-shot by melee attacks. Saias just surviving Ike is also neat.

I'm beyond amused Myrrh didn't need anything in her Skillset besides Distant Def~ She's amazingly bulky just on her own~ LOL at the Lance Knight not being able to take two icy Red Mage attacks back-to-back despite his color advantage~ Red Greg Chun's Aether came pretty close to killing Blue Greg Chun but he got almost his whole health back with a single Sol. The Troudabor knew it was a lost cause trying to kill Myrrh and suicided into Sanaki. It's nice seeing Sanaki, I don't get to use mine much with her -Atk bane (we have the same boon, LEL)~

Your Strategic Emblem ended up using a lot of clever Strats to get the win, I like that~ Making sure Innes didn't get Chill Atk'd by strengthening Silas was a good move since he has to deal out the most damage~ Making sure he had the Res Wave buff really helped his survivability~ I don't have Katarina so I didn't realize how powerful she is. I didn't expect her to dish out so much damage. Also her Tome Animation is really cool~ I'm impressed Saias survived not just a normal attack, but an Aether no less, he was the key to taking down Ike, nice job! I like both of these, it's hard to pick a favorite between them XP

Leon and three dancers cleaned up again.  Ragnell's in-built DC was what allowed me to clear the map - Leon dips below half-health, which allows my dancers to teleport to him and stay out of danger.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, funny idea, I like it! 

Lene one-rounding Ike was really great. Should use her more. 

Thanks! Yeah, that was probably my highlight, she's much better offensively than I would have initially thought~

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Wow, impressive clear! I always wanted to see a Dancer only clear and yours didn't disappoint! Minizura's tome really is quite something, and Lene was particularly impressive!

Thank you!~ Minizura's Tome is fantastic, she's such an amazing offensive Singer. Without her, IDK how I would have handled those blues XP I'm happy Lene got a lot of spotlight, too~

Sorry, no vid from me because this map is boring anyway.

@Zeo Huh, I didn't expect Genny to be such a star in this! I honestly thought Matthew would just shit on the chokepoint really hard. Which I assume he does, if you did that instead?

@mcsilas Two nice clears. But do you think either vanilla Robin could fit in with their new Prf and Spectrum Tactic?

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sorry, no vid from me because this map is boring anyway.

@Zeo Huh, I didn't expect Genny to be such a star in this! I honestly thought Matthew would just shit on the chokepoint really hard. Which I assume he does, if you did that instead?

@mcsilas Two nice clears. But do you think either vanilla Robin could fit in with their new Prf and Spectrum Tactic?

Well i did one version that replaced Saias with male Robin, the map played out mostly the same so i felt it didn’t need another video. The main difference was Robin had Hone Atk so Katarina would be hit by Chill Atk and protect Innes’s Atk stat. 

On 12/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Late response, but yeah. In my first strat I opened up with Genny using the Pain+ staff but Matt took her spot and blew everything up. But I didn't want to use that staff when Morgan's team did the same thing. The same strat didn't work with Gravity so I did something different. Matt doesn't need to take center stage in every map. Genny taking 9 damage from an axe cav was amusing though. Never thought +DEF would be so valuable on a healer. I can legit tell you if I pulled a +ATK/-DEF Genny I would fodder her off. I'm 100% happy with the nature of my Genny.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, mampfoid said:

Poor Titania, they could have used her sprite for this map. 

Honestly, I feel like there's nothing really stopping them from putting her on the map other than they just didn't want to. 

On 12/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, mampfoid said:

Classical strategy, original GF squad came together once more (Hector was a faint :P ). 

Didn't even need to field NY!Azura. It was that straightforward of a map, huh?

@Vaximillian@mampfoid@mcsilas@Rezzy@Zeo@SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria@Usana@Hilda

Cleared the Infernal BHB with Reinhardt, Legend Lyn, NY!Azura and Lilina. It's roasting and zapping action except for the blue flier that died to Legend Lyn.

Pardon the bad pun of the video's title and the alien-themed layout...

Edited by Frosty

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

@Vaximillian@mampfoid@mcsilas@Rezzy@Zeo@SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria@Usana@Hilda

Cleared the Infernal BHB with Reinhardt, Legend Lyn, NY!Azura and Lilina. It's roasting and zapping action except for the blue flier that died to Legend Lyn.

Pardon the bad pun of the video's title and the alien-themed layout...

I've always loved that Lilina pic.