New Event Calendar (Dec-Jan)

DarkAlf

Aw yeah! Looks like a fun lineup ahead! I wonder what that new years' celebration is. And...I hope I have the orbs to participate in some of these events... Could use Innes and Kliff, and I wonder who the new seasonals are this year. More focus on book 3 events is fun, too. Also still want a Shiro one day. As for legendary banners, I'll have to see what that includes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This calendar is absolutely packed with orbs, feathers.  Two tempest trials, two voting guantlets, tap battle, voting guantlets, multiple paralogues, etc etc.  I'm sure xmas units will be insane, and NY as well but the only banner I am really interested is Radiant dawn.  Beast units is the freshest thing since launch.

We've had new weapon/movement combinations, or colored bows/daggers and even colorless breath.  However this is the first completely new weapon type.  It is likely going to be tied to some conditional transformation mechanic that gives unit super powers like 3 move flying and probably boosted stats.  I vowed off summoning on banners with regular rates since the Halloween catastrophe but I might have to make an exception here.  Don't want to be left out of a brand new way to play the game. 

Yes, the calendar is finally here!

The 2 Tempest Trial got my attention already. Also we have Christmas and New Year heroes again it seems. My money is still on Winter Reinhardt for lols, but anything is fine really (besides Fatesawakening).

Also Jan 10th seems to be the date for our first Beast units, the Radiant Dawn banner and the next banner with tickets in it.

But what is the other even with the 2 weeks on New Year celebration?

2 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

After whipping that spreadsheet together, I've had a chance to finally digest all this.  By the time the new heroes banner rolls around in mid-January, I'll have a total of over 900 orbs (currently at 592).  There are three banners I'm eyeing:

• Hero Fest (now): 100 orbs for more Eirs; will spend once all 7 Free Summon Tickets arrive
  • December legendary heroes: 500 orbs for Fjorm and L!Hector merges (maybe more if I get lucky with NY!Azura); this is the big banner for me
  • Rerun of New Year's 2018: 200 orbs for a single copy of NY!Azura

I won't spend orbs on the new Special Heroes banners unless there's an armored/cavalry dancer/singer OR the special heroes are bonus units for Tempest Trials so that I hopefully get someone for HM grinding.

Team Airzura!! :D 
are you planning on doing NY first? or just counting your orbs. (I'm going to count my orbs. 

this banner is gonna make me swim in orbs too. (I am determined not to spend them ALL though, i am gonna have to have firm limits)

but man. I want Tharja.I need range armours. 

Wow 2 Tempest Trials, that's insane. Sure hope they both give a new free unit and it won't be a repeat of previous TT units, especially since we can get them with grails now. Still not trusting IS to not just do repeats ¬¬

As for the banners:

• New Power - Don't care about any of these.
  • Christmas 2018 - I'd like to say I'm probably skipping this one, but I thought the same about the Halloween one and I ended up wanting 3 of the 4 units -_- Last year I only liked Lissa though so let's hope that if there's someone I like, it'll at least only be one unit.
  • Christmas 2017 rerun - My Winter Lissa has the worst IVs so could use a better one, but I really don't have the orbs to spare for that. She's done well enough for me anyway.
  • Fortress Skills Banner - Luckily already got Innes earlier, don't care for Kliff, and already drowning in Lukas and Seth.
  • Legendary Banner - I'm probably gonna lose all my orbs here, with L!Hector on it for DC and Brave Celica on it for Death Blow 4.
  • Voting Gauntlet Banners - That very much depends who's on it of course.
  • New Years 2019 - See Christmas 2018. Only liked NY!Takumi last year, so good chance I can skip it but I'm too afraid to hope.
  • New Years 2018 rerun - Same as with Lissa, my NY!Takumi also has the worst IVs possible. As a low-tier dagger unit it's a bit more important for him to get better IVs so might try and pull for another one.
  • BHB Banner - Klein hasn't shown up for me in ages and I still need 4 more until he's +10, so might try a bit for a 5* one.
  • Tactic Skills - These units I either have or don't care about, and L'Arachel can be gotten at 4* (though she's only ever appeared once for me)
  • FE10 Banner - RIP all my orbs probably, though it depends on Nailah's art and on who's the third/fourth as I don't really care that much for Tibarn.
Edited by Mau

I will use @Mau's comment as base for my opinion about December/Early January banners:

• New Power - Free Summon and that's it. It's funny that I got a 4★ Est as my free summon in the Whitewings Banner. Too bad she has bad IVs.
  • Christmas 2018 - I need to see the units and skills first. I didn't plan to summon on the Halloween Banner, but Halloween Mia made me summon.
  • Christmas 2017 rerun - Easy skip for me. I already have all four heroes in my Herodex. My free summon will be red or green.
  • Fortress Skills Banner - I can see IS picking Lukas for this banner, so he will be the obstacle for the players that want Kliff. Too bad we cannot have Legendary Heroes in this banners, because Gunnthrá has Fortress Res.
  • Legendary Banner - Like the Christmas Banner, I need to check the units first, but I am planning to skip this one.
  • Voting Gauntlet Banners - I never summon in VG Banners, and this one will not be different
  • New Years 2019 - Same that I said about teh Christmas and Legendary Banners.
  • New Years 2018 rerun - I already have all 3 units in my Herodex. I wouldn't mind a extra copy of Takumi for the Atk/Res Bond, or Azura for the Hone Fliers, but I don't plan to summon on it. It's funny that we have 5 heroes with Hone Fliers, but 4 of them are Special Heroes.
  • BHB Banner - Easy skip. Unless IS decides to make a Ayra situation and having Louise as the 3rd unit, I don't plan to summon on it.
  • Tactic Skills - This can be interesting if IS decides to put Brave Celica on this banner, since she has Atk Tactic, or Ylgr, which has Spd Tactic. If the banner has these two units, I will probably summon on it.
  • FE10 Banner - I need to know how the beast units work, but I planning to summon on it. We know we have 2 tribe leaders already, so the banner will have others tribe leaders, like Caineghis or Naesala, or random laguz units? Or they will be the only two beast units in the banner, and we will have 2 others  beorc units, being one of them a alt of Ike, Micaiah or Elincia?

Initially I am planning to save orbs during all December, but everything can change if any of the banner have some interesting units, which for me aren't armored units.

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Team Airzura!! :D 
are you planning on doing NY first? or just counting your orbs. (I'm going to count my orbs. 

this banner is gonna make me swim in orbs too. (I am determined not to spend them ALL though, i am gonna have to have firm limits)

but man. I want Tharja.I need range armours. 

Assuming that the New Year's 2018 banner rerun starts before the December legendary banner ends, I'll pull for NY!Azura first.  If I should get her quickly, I'll then focus on the legendary banner with 700 minus the number of orbs used to summon NY!Azura.

I'm tempted for a ranged armor, but I have enough DC armors as it is (Black Knight, ALL versions of Hector, Gwendolyn), so the urge isn't really there to try for one.

1 hour ago, DarkAlf said:

Assuming that the New Year's 2018 banner rerun starts before the December legendary banner ends, I'll pull for NY!Azura first.  If I should get her quickly, I'll then focus on the legendary banner with 700 minus the number of orbs used to summon NY!Azura.

I'm tempted for a ranged armor, but I have enough DC armors as it is (Black Knight, ALL versions of Hector, Gwendolyn), so the urge isn't really there to try for one.

i really dunno what i wanna do. LOL 

too mannnyyyy bannnnerrsss

Tharja is a need because while I have DC armours, it would be nice to have someone who can attack first. we'll see though. priority one is Airzura. 
I am thankful none of those banners are like Myrrh/Micaiah or someone 

Well this is something. A lot. Let's go in order.

Spoiler

The new TT likely is plot related and while Eir is likely, that doesn't mean anything is set in stone.

Alright, so there's Christmas units again. Not a notion personally, maybe Alm finally gets his turn?

Three Princesses quests. Hmmmm, seems like Three Heroes, right? It's either freely available 3-4* princesses (Except F!Corrin funninly because she just showed up on Three Heroes) or Sharena, Fjorm and Eir. 

Fortress Skills banner has to have Kliff. Of the others, Res has Innes (Sadly not Gunnthra) and Def has Lukas (Please don't) or Seth. Ideal would have Gunnthra as well, worst would have Lukas to go with Kliff and Innes.

The GC could be near anything. Considering we've done BB now, maybe it'll be BS this time and Hector, Lyn and Eliwood are the three?

As for the legendary hero, I'm going to guess they're going to start with the new seasons. Will it be colourless though?

The VG might be related to one of the seasonal banners, no ideas as is.

With the other TT, it's princess themed, so it could be related to the princess quests and so either about the three I mentioned or some rarer units who are princesses. No hints as is.

There's also a NY banner again. Currently no idea, maybe a Nohr banner that has Hinoka? :P

Interesting Klein and Clarine are on for the next BHB. I wonder who the other unit on the banner will be (I'm actually betting Cecilia), hope it's trickier than Ike and Soren.

Tactic skills banner's a bit of an open question. Ylgr's got speed, Brelica and Seigbert have attack, Shiro's got defence and L'Arachel's got resistance. Of those I could see Ylgr and Celica being likely to be on it, with one of the others acting as a pitybreaker

The January banner is obviously RD and the introduction for beasts, so 3.1 has to be by the 10th. I'm going to guess it's the 7th, the day of the light blessing quests.

11 hours ago, Mau said:

• Tactic Skills - These units I either have or don't care about, and L'Arachel can be gotten at 4* (though she's only ever appeared once for me)

I hate this. I've gotten over FOUR 5* L'Arachel and COUNTLESS 4* it murders me. She's always my stupid blue pitybreaker, her curls and smile are now the bane of my summoning existence!

But I wanna save orbs for the Beast units (don't care about the two revealed thus far, TBH, but hoping the other one or two are beasts I care about!), but also know they can totally screw me with Christmas and New Years. I hate armors, so if they do another all Armor Christmas, it's an easy skip, but then again I said that about Halloween and I HAD to get Halloween Niles, so we shall see.

And New Years I loved NY!Takumi and NY!Azura, so if they do another cute theme like that, I'm probably sunk. But they could also totally do a FE game I haven't played and then I could use the rest of December to save orbs! I'm currently at like 130-ish, and wanna save at least 100 for beast units.

And I don't *think* I'll pull on any of the other banners, except maybe to get Kliff if he's NOT with Lukas. 

13 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I hate this. I've gotten over FOUR 5* L'Arachel and COUNTLESS 4* it murders me. She's always my stupid blue pitybreaker, her curls and smile are now the bane of my summoning existence!

Yeah it's weird how that works, I also had friends who had gotten like 10 Priscillas while I was still waiting for my first one to ever appear which took months, same with L'Arachel.

Meanwhile a friend of mine was so happy to finally get their first Ares while I was like 'pls I have 8, you can have them all'.

Guess I'll also give my Banner plans~

• Christmas 2018 - If there's units I like, I'm pulling~ If not, I'll be skipping, pretty easy as that~
  • Christmas 2017 Rerun - I need all of them so I'll likely be pulling here for at the minimum, Tharja, Lissa, and Robin~ I won't mind Chrom, too, though~
  • Fortress Skills Banner - I want Kliff but I probably won't really be actively trying to get him (should he appear here) since he's in the regular pool~
  • Legendary Banner - Will depend on who is on the Banner~ If Veronica will be showing up, I'll likely try to get one of her at least~ Maybe Celica for some Death Blow 4, but it's not a necessity for me~ If anything, I'll get some Kleins for my units stuck on Death Blow 2~ But largely depends on what Seasonals will be here and if I care about whoever the Legendary is~
  • Voting Gauntlet Banners - Depends who will be on it, but I'll likely be avoiding it unless it's got Myrrh, Micaiah, Elise, or Alm on it~
  • New Years 2019 - Same for Christmas, hope there's at least one unit worth pulling for me~ Otherwise, saving the Orbs~
  • New Years 2018 Rerun - If I pull here, it'll be for Azura~ I don't care for Camilla or Takumi but of the two, I like NY!Takumi, could use more daggers, and S!Elise needs a husbando (because I'd rather not marry her to Skadkumi) so I wouldn't mind getting him~
  • BHB Banner - I don't really need a 5* Klein (would be nice, though) so likely gonna be getting the freebie and that's it~
  • Tactic Skills - I don't care much for Tactics Skills so probably not bothering~
  • FE10 Banner - I haven't played RD so I don't know much about the Beast Unit characters besides some minor basics~ However, if we got a hottie on there with smexy art, I'll defs be pulling~ Tibarn himself looks interesting enough and his art's not bad but I'm not sure if I'd pull just for him unless he's got some amazing Skills or something~

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Yeah it's weird how that works, I also had friends who had gotten like 10 Priscillas while I was still waiting for my first one to ever appear which took months, same with L'Arachel.

Meanwhile a friend of mine was so happy to finally get their first Ares while I was like 'pls I have 8, you can have them all'.

seriously right? I now have a +10 Priscilla ready to go. I just need skills and crap now. 
and apparently .Shigure and Est and Setsuna exist in this game, but can i get them? No. 

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well this is something. A lot. Let's go in order.

Reveal hidden contents

The new TT likely is plot related and while Eir is likely, that doesn't mean anything is set in stone.

Alright, so there's Christmas units again. Not a notion personally, maybe Alm finally gets his turn?

Three Princesses quests. Hmmmm, seems like Three Heroes, right? It's either freely available 3-4* princesses (Except F!Corrin funninly because she just showed up on Three Heroes) or Sharena, Fjorm and Eir. 

Fortress Skills banner has to have Kliff. Of the others, Res has Innes (Sadly not Gunnthra) and Def has Lukas (Please don't) or Seth. Ideal would have Gunnthra as well, worst would have Lukas to go with Kliff and Innes.

The GC could be near anything. Considering we've done BB now, maybe it'll be BS this time and Hector, Lyn and Eliwood are the three?

As for the legendary hero, I'm going to guess they're going to start with the new seasons. Will it be colourless though?

The VG might be related to one of the seasonal banners, no ideas as is.

With the other TT, it's princess themed, so it could be related to the princess quests and so either about the three I mentioned or some rarer units who are princesses. No hints as is.

There's also a NY banner again. Currently no idea, maybe a Nohr banner that has Hinoka? :P

Interesting Klein and Clarine are on for the next BHB. I wonder who the other unit on the banner will be (I'm actually betting Cecilia), hope it's trickier than Ike and Soren.

Tactic skills banner's a bit of an open question. Ylgr's got speed, Brelica and Seigbert have attack, Shiro's got defence and L'Arachel's got resistance. Of those I could see Ylgr and Celica being likely to be on it, with one of the others acting as a pitybreaker

The January banner is obviously RD and the introduction for beasts, so 3.1 has to be by the 10th. I'm going to guess it's the 7th, the day of the light blessing quests.

I really am curious if Three Princesses really will be something like Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir.

I mean, it could very well just be three princesses from across the franchise, but I'm not sure if that would really require it's own name. They could have easily just called it Three Heroes as per normal.

Edit: Also, the new seasons are not related to the Legendary Heroes. They're still just the usual Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth. Only the Mythic Heroes get the new seasons and January will be when we get the next one according to the news.

Edited by Sentinel07

13 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I really am curious if Three Princesses really will be something like Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir.

I mean, it could very well just be three princesses from across the franchise, but I'm not sure if that would really require it's own name. They could have easily just called it Three Heroes as per normal.

Sharena, Fjorm and Eir are the only three princesses that everyone is guaranteed to have, so I'll bet the quests will revolve around them.  All other princesses, e.g. F!Corrin, might not be in everyone else's barracks.  "Three Heroes" would give out copies of heroes in the 3-4* pool, and I doubt they'd name it "Three Princesses" just to give copies of F!Corrin et al.

1 minute ago, DarkAlf said:

Sharena, Fjorm and Eir are the only three princesses that everyone is guaranteed to have, so I'll bet the quests will revolve around them.  All other princesses, e.g. F!Corrin, might not be in everyone else's barracks.  "Three Heroes" would give out copies of heroes in the 3-4* pool, and I doubt they'd name it "Three Princesses" just to give copies of F!Corrin et al.

Well, to be honest, even Fjorm and Eir aren't guaranteed. Unlike Sharena, they can be sent home, foddered, or whichever like any other normal unit.

I still wonder why they made it like that.

@Sentinel07 Oh yeah - I forgot that they could be sent home or foddered off.  I figured that most folks wouldn't do it, especially if you're F2P.  I'm guessing then that the developers might not have thought this through carefully enough (like me apparently...).

2 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

@Sentinel07 Oh yeah - I forgot that they could be sent home or foddered off.  I figured that most folks wouldn't do it, especially if you're F2P.  I'm guessing then that the developers might not have thought this through carefully enough (like me apparently...).

Yeah, I would imagine most keep them around.

Correct me if I'm wrong since my memory is a bit faulty, but I could've sworn we still did get quests related to Fjorm and Legendary Ike, since everyone technically got them for free.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong since my memory is a bit faulty, but I could've sworn we still did get quests related to Fjorm and Legendary Ike, since everyone technically got them for free.

At first I wasn't sure, but then after looking at the archive of missions, we did have a "Heroes & Legends" quest in June that required Fjorm and L!Ike plus the Askr trio.

1 minute ago, DarkAlf said:

At first I wasn't sure, but then after looking at the archive of missions, we did have a "Heroes & Legends" quest in June that required Fjorm and L!Ike plus the Askr trio.

Well, if that's the case, then perhaps it really is Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir. :)

On 12/12/2018 at 9:38 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

There's a Special Heroes banner starting on 12/31 (really 1/1 for most of the world). It will most likely be the New Years 2019 banner. Can't blame you for not seeing it though - the event calendar is often a clusterfuck.

Yeah, why do the ones responsible for the English event calendar believe the entire English-speaking fanbase would coordinate on a time zone that a vast majority live to the east of?  Lately, whenever I do work based on the event calendars for Fire Emblem Wiki, I'll need to flip between the English and Japanese or Chinese versions of the event calendar (Dec/Jan editions:  Japanese, Chinese) just to be sure I get the correct UTC dates (ex. somebody installing a date based on a PDT English event calendar, me correcting it to the date based on the fandom's correlation to UTC previously checked against the JPN/CHN event calendar), lest I end up slipping into making a mistake based on interpreting the event calendar wrongly.  In fact, this is how I discovered that the English calendar's flawed logic made an error in the November calendar, and that whomever wrote our front-page article about the December calendar applied the same flawed logic only to get burned in the error reports based on a proper comparison of the event calendars...

26 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Yeah, why do the ones responsible for the English event calendar believe the entire English-speaking fanbase would coordinate on a time zone that a vast majority live to the east of?  Lately, whenever I do work based on the event calendars for Fire Emblem Wiki, I'll need to flip between the English and Japanese or Chinese versions of the event calendar (Dec/Jan editions:  Japanese, Chinese) just to be sure I get the correct UTC dates (ex. somebody installing a date based on a PDT English event calendar, me correcting it to the date based on the fandom's correlation to UTC previously checked against the JPN/CHN event calendar), lest I end up slipping into making a mistake based on interpreting the event calendar wrongly.  In fact, this is how I discovered that the English calendar's flawed logic made an error in the November calendar, and that whomever wrote our front-page article about the December calendar applied the same flawed logic only to get burned in the error reports based on a proper comparison of the event calendars...

Yeah, it's really dumb.

I mean, I get that Nintendo of America is located in the Pacific time zone, but seriously, I think it'd be much easier to make a schedule primarily aimed for the rest of the world. I think it'd be easier for the West Coast to think of being one day ahead of the calendar then most of the world having to think of one day later.