Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I can see the bonus units being the four seasonal units and their normal version, like Groom Marth's TT.

If so, I'm all right since I have OG Eirika who is nowhere near maxed out in HM (OG Ephraim, B!Ephraim, OG Cecilia, and Fae are all maxed out, and I don't have L!Ephraim).  If it's Mage Eirika or the other bonus heroes are last year's winter units, I'm screwed for a non-HM-capped unit because I'd likely be forced to spend orbs to hopefully get a bonus unit until I get Cecilia or grin and bear it without a good bonus unit until Cecilia joins.

I hate that they're starting the banner and TT at the same time; I'd like a little time to level up units before leaping into TT because I'll start grinding for a bit the moment the event starts.

2 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

If so, I'm all right since I have OG Eirika who is nowhere near maxed out in HM (OG Ephraim, B!Ephraim, OG Cecilia, and Fae are all maxed out, and I don't have L!Ephraim).  If it's Mage Eirika or the other bonus heroes are last year's winter units, I'm screwed for a non-HM-capped unit because I'd likely be forced to spend orbs to hopefully get a bonus unit until I get Cecilia or grin and bear it without a good bonus unit until Cecilia joins.

I hate that they're starting the banner and TT at the same time; I'd like a little time to level up units before leaping into TT because I'll start grinding for a bit the moment the event starts.

i only have a silver Eirika. so i figure. if i use my strongest units (on Lunatic 7 and just have her cheerlead from the back) - i should get Celica, then have her do the same thing basically. 

The bonus units are all this year's AND last year's winter heroes.  This is NOT a F2P friendly set of bonus heroes.  Luckily I have W!Lissa, but her HM is capped....  Do I pull for another bonus unit or not?

We get Fierce Stance 1 and (finally!) Drive Res 1 as seals, plus one more unannounced seal.

Edited by DarkAlf

Only 2 seals, huh. Not that I mind. Fierce Stance as a seal is pretty nice, and Drive Res is certainly useful.

2 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

The bonus units are all this year's AND last year's winter heroes.  This is NOT a F2P friendly set of bonus heroes.  Luckily I have W!Lissa, but her HM is capped....  Do I pull for another bonus unit or not?

What's wrong with Cecilia? Grinding a bit to get her and then swapping her in is still fine for F2P. She'll probably carry runs easily after obtaining her.

I look forward to using Tharja as a bonus unit again, since she's always super solid for TT grinding.

It's been a while since I started a TT without a bonus. I don't have anyone and I don't plan on trying to get the new heroes. I am excited for Cecilia and it looks like her art is neat. I'm going to have fun stacking reprisal lance with Fierce stance :D

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What's wrong with Cecilia? Grinding a bit to get her and then swapping her in is still fine for F2P. She'll probably carry runs easily after obtaining her.

10 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

This is NOT a F2P friendly set of bonus heroes.

Even if you don't want to use her, you can use any team, surrender when there's one enemy left in the last match, then use her in the second team. You'll only lose about 20 points per Lunatic 7 run, and you don't have to use a unit you don't want to.

Can we talk about how beautiful Cecilia is?

Can we also talk about how much better this version looks compared to the original one? Kita delivered this time. Amazing.

15 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Only 2 seals, huh. Not that I mind. Fierce Stance as a seal is pretty nice, and Drive Res is certainly useful.

They always announce two seals in the newspost and not three.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They always announce two seals in the newspost and not three.

Oh, do they? I had no idea. Just shows how I usually see them from the datamines rather than the actual notifications.

Edited by Alkaid

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Even if you don't want to use her, you can use any team, surrender when there's one enemy left in the last match, then use her in the second team. You'll only lose about 20 points per Lunatic 7 run, and you don't have to use a unit you don't want to.

That's actually my plan if I don't pull another bonus unit or I pass on the banners altogether other than the free pulls.  It would be 705 for A/A (2116 with a triple run) vs. 676 (2028 with a triple run) for A/B, so a 29 (88)-point difference is really not going to kill me since I usually grind to at least 270,000-280,000 anyway.  (Yes, you read that right - 270,000 to 280,000.)

15 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't mind grinding to get Cecilia.  I'd rather use the 5* version than the 4* version if I can help it.  It would be a bit painful in Lunatic 7 to use 4* Cecilia (even with the bonus stats) since I do all my grinding manually.  So what I'll likely do is follow @Baldrick's suggestion and knock everyone out with my own units until one remains on the last map, then switch to my second team and use W!Lissa there until I get the 5* Cecilia.  I was prepared for that possibility before they announced those units, so it's really not a big deal if I have to endure one painful day with a 4* Cecilia before 9 more enjoyable ones with 5* Cecilia.

I am happy about the Bonus units, since it means I can use this cutie again:

tumblr_pjtkbfZV3v1ta965c_1280.pnj

She probably needs some kind of Healer or Eir to sustain the boots though. Once her HM hits the max, I'll switch over to Cecilia, who does indeed look lovely. I am interested in what kind of dagger she'll be wielding though.~ (Nyakumi and Sakunyan could always use that)

Fierce Stance can probably be very useful, but I am hyped for Drive Res. There have been so many situations on challenge maps where I could have used that.

Oh yeah - seals! Welp, I gotta hold off from spending coins on a HP seal - Fierce Stance and Drive Res are going to be worth spending on. Thankfully, I have 516 coins currently though there is another TT coming right after, meaning another 3 seals could be showing up. And we don't know the 3rd seal for this TT at the time of writing this post.

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Fierce Stance can probably be very useful, but I am hyped for Drive Res. There have been so many situations on challenge maps where I could have used that.

This. I've been unironically waiting for Drive Res for so long since I keep needing some extra Res in certain situations.

@Vaximillian The red really works well in contrast with her green hair. Too bad about the seasonal armour thing but hey at least she's free. Still feels weird to see her without a horse.

So it's confirmed: we get Christmas Cecilia, Drive Res and Fierce Stance. Drive Res I'll defineately upgrade, Fierce Stance is a hard to get skill, and Christmas Cecilia looks beautiful. Wonder what she can do with her dagger.

Looking forward for this Tempest Trial.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The red really works well in contrast with her green hair. Too bad about the seasonal armour thing but hey at least she's free. Still feels weird to see her without a horse.

Red and green always are a great combination, for sure. And I won’t stop gushing about how pretty she is. 

Oh, and speaking of Fierce Stance seal becoming a thing soon, I’m tempted to do this:

Screenshot_20181216-152049.png

@VaximillianFor a moment there wasn't anything so I thought you meant nothing. Low and behold image of Jeorge loads up

35 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So it's confirmed: we get Christmas Cecilia, Drive Res and Fierce Stance. Drive Res I'll defineately upgrade, Fierce Stance is a hard to get skill, and Christmas Cecilia looks beautiful. Wonder what she can do with her dagger.

Looking forward for this Tempest Trial.

From what I've seen Fae's breath and Eirika's staff do, I'm guessing something related to def and res.

Edited by silveraura25

I updated the topic with the new information.

I don't like the bonus heroes... they aren't F2P at all. It would be more accesible if Winter Tharja had won the "Hero Rises" event on January instead of Legendary Ike. Also, 7 of the 8 (if not all 8) are armored units. I will use Tharja and three others units which aren't armored units... I will not do a Armored Emblem for this TT.

The rewards are great! I have been wanting Drive Res for a while, and Fierce Stance is great too, especially for Guard Bow units. My Faye will love it.