Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy with the bonus units, usually TTs are an occasion to promote a 4* unit and use it for the first time. I hoped for the whitewings (white winter ... you know) or regular Lissa. 

I only have Tharja (Lissa gave her Bold Fighter to Hector) and she already saw excessive use last year. 

Cecilia looks beautiful, but 100% armor is boring. Also another dagger ... (wanted to use Eir) hope her skills are good. 

Seals are nice, but nothing groundbreaking. Some of the new blessings would be handy as TT rewards, but I think we'll get them with the next event. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't like the bonus heroes... they aren't F2P at all. It would be more accesible if Winter Tharja had won the "Hero Rises" event on January instead of Legendary Ike

How is Cecilia, that you will receive two free copies of while the TT is happening, less accessible than a hypothetical single free copy of a unit that may well have been foddered off months ago?

Edited by Baldrick

4 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I'm shocked we are getting a Christmas unit, was expecting Masked Marth again.  Looking forward to it.

Hero Grails likely mean that Masked Lucina isn't gonna be a TT reward again ever unless something ridiculous comes up. They're available forever and it would be redundant to include her again.

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

How is Cecilia, that you will receive two free copies of while the TT is happening, less accessible than a hypothetical single free copy of a unit that may well have been foddered off months ago?

And one of those copies comes from a laughable 1,000 points to boot (pun kind of intended). A first run of the day is guaranteed to bring in the four-star Cecilia straight off the bat.

Fierce Stance is a cool seal, I hope this means we get Warding Stance Seal soon. Cecilia looks pretty cool, I have a Christmas Robin I could also use so I think I'll start with him and switch in Cecilia once she's trained up.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

And one of those copies comes from a laughable 1,000 points to boot (pun kind of intended). A first run of the day is guaranteed to bring in the four-star Cecilia straight off the bat.

This.  Even if you don't have a bonus unit, if you play Lunatic 7 for the very first run, you'll get 1000 points unless you either:

• Don't clear all 7 maps with your four teams
  • Get a rank of E/D for using all four teams and taking 40 or more turns - you'd get 970 points in that scenario

In retrospect, when I first saw the bonus units, I was seething a little bit, but after a good night's sleep and some thought, it's not as bad as it really appears for F2P folks.  Once you get Cecilia, you can use her 4* version temporarily until you get her 5* version.  It might be painful, but with Armored Boots (I saw what you did there) and a healer, it's workable.

Senri Kita, someone told you to make Cecilia three cup sizes bigger, make it look like her breasts are being stretched away from her chest, and make it look like the dress is falling down from them, right? Because this is the first time I've ever seen you do something so tasteless...

First time I've ever had any issue with Senri Kita art, EVER. But otherwise, Cecilia does look amazing. And I'm glad she's not in a bikini. Just wish she wasn't an armor.

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Senri Kita, someone told you to make Cecilia three cup sizes bigger, make it look like her breasts are being stretched away from her chest, and make it look like the dress is falling down from them, right? Because this is the first time I've ever seen you do something so tasteless...

First time I've ever had any issue with Senri Kita art, EVER.

I have to agree. The art is beautiful as always, but I did a double take when I noticed Cecilia's chest, it's unusually fanservicey for Senri Kita. It's a shame, her outfit is pretty nice otherwise.

(Plus on top of looking like her breasts are stretched away, it makes the "dress with boobs-pockets" effect reaaally apparent. Her dress physically can't cling to the underside of her chest like this and then immediately cling to her torso, that's not... how clothes work...)

Edited by Kori

Just now, Kori said:

I have to agree. The art is beautiful as always, but I did a double take when I noticed Cecilia's chest, it's unusually fanservicey for Senri Kita. It's a shame, her outfit is pretty nice otherwise.

Yeah, exactly. I might actually keep her though, if the dress is pretty enough. I was originally planning to fodder her since I'm not into her or FE6.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, exactly. I might actually keep her though, if the dress is pretty enough. I was originally planning to fodder her since I'm not into her or FE6.

I'll keep her regardless (and not mind much since I'm not going to see her full art that often anyway), I depend on F2P guides too much to shoot myself in the foot by foddering a free unit. It will be like with Fjorm, you just learn to ignore the moments when you have to see That (in Fjorm's case, her injured face) on the screen.

1 minute ago, Kori said:

I'll keep her regardless (and not mind much since I'm not going to see her full art that often anyway), I depend on F2P guides too much to shoot myself in the foot by foddering a free unit. It will be like with Fjorm, you just learn to ignore the moments when you have to see That (in Fjorm's case, her injured face) on the screen.

Fair point. I use those guides sometimes too.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First time I've ever had any issue with Senri Kita art, EVER. But otherwise, Cecilia does look amazing. And I'm glad she's not in a bikini. Just wish she wasn't an armor.

You make it sound like she committed/helped carry out a crime by calling it tasteless, lol. :P

But yeah, I can see Cecilia's breasts are larger in comparison to her default art. I know Binding Blade doesn't get much attention, but this is ridiculous. :P

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You make it sound like she committed/helped carry out a crime by calling it tasteless, lol. :P

But yeah, I can see Cecilia's breasts are larger in comparison to her default art. I know Binding Blade doesn't get much attention, but this is ridiculous. :P

Not really a crime, just really surprising to see out of someone like Senri Kita who I'd never seen do any art that fanservicey. And a bit disappointing, because Cecilia isn't someone I'd expect to show off that much cleavage.

EDIT: @Kori Exactly, and beforehand, I thought Senri Kita had a great idea of how clothes work. It's like some art director said to draw her this way, she said "that's now how clothes work" but the director is like "you want your money?" lol

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't like the choice of bonus units at all. Too many armor, no F2P. At least the reward seals look okay, and I like Cecilia's art (inflated breasts aside)!

There is an F2P bonus unit, and she is trivial to obtain.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

But yeah, I can see Cecilia's breasts are larger in comparison to her default art.

I mean, she isn’t wearing her cuirass. Of course her chest would get more freedom.

@Anacybele What do you mean Nailah and Vika don't exist? Especially Nailah. :P And Ike counts for male fanservice.

And who knows what the art director or Kita decided (not that I know the kind of person she even is). At the very least, it's just one fanservicy, non-default look for a character in a game which I don't remember even having any fanservicy characters or interpretations.

Edited by NoirCore

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

What do you mean Nailah and Vika don't exist? Especially Nailah. :P And Ike counts for male fanservice.

They're not showing as much cleavage either though, and at least their clothes make sense. :P

As for Ike... I dunno if one big bicep really counts. He's not showing off a manhood bulge or anything. lol