Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

They're not showing as much cleavage either though, and at least their clothes make sense. :P

As for Ike... I dunno if one big bicep really counts. He's not showing off a manhood bulge or anything. lol

Still counts as art Kita's done that's "that fanservicy", as you, Tellius fan extrordinare, have claimed to have never seen period. :P

Also, here's some more Kita fanservice examples: PoR Largo, Volug, and Tibarn. ESPECIALLY the former two.

Edited by NoirCore

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Still counts as art Kita's done that's "that fanservicy", as you, Tellius fan extrordinare, have claimed to have never seen period. :P

Also, here's some more Kita fanservice examples: PoR Largo, Volug, and Tibarn. ESPECIALLY the former two.

I didn't say I never saw Tellius fanservice. I said I never saw any Senri Kita art as fanservicey as this Cecilia. Cecilia is more fanservicey than anything in Tellius.

I disagree. They're just basically shirtless and don't even have nipples or manhood bulges.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say I never saw Tellius fanservice. I said I never saw any Senri Kita art as fanservicey as this Cecilia. Cecilia is more fanservicey than anything in Tellius.

I disagree. They're just basically shirtless and don't even have nipples or manhood bulges.

I never specified Tellius fanservice, just that I was shocked you (or I thought you) didn't consider Nailah fanservicy at all (though now I guess you're just calling Cecilia's art Kita's ultimate fanservicy art and that Nailah's is tame in comparison). And I'd still say that Nailah looks pretty fanservicy if we specify female units.

And I say Largo and Volug still qualify as fanservicy for sure. Who said nipples or man bulges (especially man bulges) are a prerequisite for male fanservice? Never mind that those two clearly show an easily-noticeable amount of muscle and aren't "just shirtless".

11 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

(though now I guess you're just calling Cecilia's art Kita's ultimate fanservicy art and that Nailah's is tame in comparison).

Yes, this.

11 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

And I say Largo and Volug still qualify as fanservicy for sure. Who said nipples or man bulges (especially man bulges) are a prerequisite for male fanservice? Never mind that those two clearly show an easily-noticeable amount of muscle and aren't "just shirtless".

Well, breasts and all are sexual body parts, right? So are manhoods. Muscles aren't sexual and neither is a generic shirtless guy. By your logic, you're saying a picture of some random dude mowing his lawn without a shirt on is automatically fanservice. I just don't understand how that would be so.

Sure, I've learned now that fanservice doesn't necessarily mean sexualization. But it also doesn't mean just any form of skin showing either. It's also where skin is showing and how much. The pose and presentation can matter too.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, this.

Well, breasts and all are sexual body parts, right? So are manhoods. Muscles aren't sexual and neither is a generic shirtless guy. By your logic, you're saying a picture of some random dude mowing his lawn without a shirt on is automatically fanservice. I just don't understand how that would be so.

Sure, I've learned now that fanservice doesn't necessarily mean sexualization. But it also doesn't mean just any form of skin showing either. It's also where skin is showing and how much. The pose and presentation can matter too.

Ummm...sorry, but a picture of a random hot dude with muscles mowing his lawn IS fan service. That's so hot. Muscles on men are sexual.  Including the 'V' of their abs disappearing into their pants.

Pose and presentation matter, but muscles are sexualized generally, and a shirtless guy is pretty sexual. Why do guys take off their shirts at clubs if not for the fact that's a sexual act?

1 minute ago, Sunsurge said:

Ummm...sorry, but a picture of a random hot dude with muscles mowing his lawn IS fan service. That's so hot. Muscles on men are sexual.  Including the 'V' of their abs disappearing into their pants.

Pose and presentation matter, but muscles are sexualized generally, and a shirtless guy is pretty sexual. Why do guys take off their shirts at clubs if not for the fact that's a sexual act?

So any muscular guy just going swimming in only swim shorts is sexual then? What? Why? Why can't it just be a guy swimming?

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So any muscular guy just going swimming in only swim shorts is sexual then? What? Why? Why can't it just be a guy swimming?

Uhhh, yes. Yes it is. Haha. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's a thing. And just because you don't find something sexual, doesn't mean it isn't! 

But a regular guy (no muscles) swimming? That's not sexual, because like ... well, to put it simply, muscles are hot because it implies a certain amount of dominance and a man being able to pick you up and throw you around (in a good way), and so a typical scrawny or chubby dude isn't considering sexual because it's seen as less masculine. And masculinity is sexualized. In the same way big boobs (a sign of femininity) is sexualized. Doesn't make it right, but that's sorta how it's seen.

4 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

But a regular guy (no muscles) swimming? That's not sexual, because like ... well, to put it simply, muscles are hot because it implies a certain amount of dominance and a man being able to pick you up and throw you around (in a good way), and so a typical scrawny or chubby dude isn't considering sexual because it's seen as less masculine. And masculinity is sexualized. In the same way big boobs (a sign of femininity) is sexualized. Doesn't make it right, but that's sorta how it's seen.

The thing is, boobs, like I said, are an actual sexual body part. Meaning part of the female reproductive system since they make a growing baby's milk. Muscles are the muscular system.

Muscles can be seen as attractive, I'll give you that. I would probably say a muscular guy swimming is hot. But super fanservicey? I just don't see it. Maybe it's me being asexual or something though. Agree to disagree.

Edited by Anacybele

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

All of them are. It’s just like the Halloween tempest.

Is it confirmed Cecilia is armored? I mean, most likely she is, but do we know with 100% certainty yet?

After typing that, it's a strange feeling to see Christmas Cecilia and to have my reaction be, "Most likely armored."

16 minutes ago, Florete said:

Is it confirmed Cecilia is armored? I mean, most likely she is, but do we know with 100% certainty yet?

After typing that, it's a strange feeling to see Christmas Cecilia and to have my reaction be, "Most likely armored."

The notification does not say. She could be infantry for all we know, but I think she is most likely to be armored too. There might be a slight chance that she is a flier like FV!F!Robin, but she does not look like she is floating in the trailer.

I'm surprised and rather disappointed that we're getting a water blessing for this TT, rather than a light one. I hope the new blessings aren't too hard to get.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm surprised and rather disappointed that we're getting a water blessing for this TT, rather than a light one. I hope the new blessings aren't too hard to get.

I believe IS wants us to summon for Eir to get the Light Blessing for now. Maybe in the new Year Banner we will get a light blessing as reward.

If I am not wrong, this month we will have a Legendary Hero, and the next Mythic Hero will be on January's Banner, so... no Dark/Astra/Anima blessing until January's Banner.

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe IS wants us to summon for Eir to get the Light Blessing for now. Maybe in the new Year Banner we will get a light blessing as reward.

If I am not wrong, this month we will have a Legendary Hero, and the next Mythic Hero will be on January's Banner, so... no Dark/Astra/Anima blessing until January's Banner.

We're getting Light Blessing quests as well according to the calendar, so probably get at least one there too.

26 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

We're getting Light Blessing quests as well according to the calendar, so probably get at least one there too.

Well... I am not want to disappoint you but... During 2018, we had 2 "Water Blessing" quests: the first one was in February, and the second one was in October. And in both Water Blessing Quests we didn't have a Water Blessing as reward.

Not only that, but we also had Earth Blessing Quests (March), Wind Blessing Quests (April) and Fire Blessing Quests (July), and none of them had blessings as reward. All the quests were the same thing (defeat some type of foes using a hero with the blessing which isn't a legendary hero), and had the same rewards by completing all quests (5 Orbs, 600 Feathers and 1 Stamina Potion).

Having "Light Blessing" Quests isn't a guarantee that we will have Light Blessings as rewards. To be fair, I don't expect any blessing reward for this quests.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The thing is, boobs, like I said, are an actual sexual body part. Meaning part of the female reproductive system since they make a growing baby's milk. Muscles are the muscular system.

Muscles can be seen as attractive, I'll give you that. I would probably say a muscular guy swimming is hot. But super fanservicey? I just don't see it. Maybe it's me being asexual or something though. Agree to disagree.

Fanservice =/= sexual body parts. It generally means something to please the audience. Super Smash Bros., for example, is fanservicy in the sense it's a crossover game where characters from various different franchises can fight, and a very notable and successful example of fanservice without even needing to resort to sexy stuff. FE Heroes, even excluding its sexual fanservice, is the same way in terms of fanservice, just focused on FE worlds instead.

That time when you had a shirtless Ike avatar could also be considered fanservice. :P

We are getting what looks like an armor dagger as a free unit, that is incredible and the art for Cecilia is great!  If she is infantry that will be super lame, but I won't get my hopes up until we know for sure.  

As for fanservice.  Majority of big spenders are male and thus art caters heavily towards them.  This is a topic often discussed, but the explanation is simple.  $$$ that is all.  

Fierce stance is a great seal.

2 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

a typical scrawny or chubby dude isn't considering sexual because it's seen as less masculine. 

That’s not true, some people prefer scrawny men. For that matter, some people prefer muscly girls. As you say, just because it’s not your preference, doesn’t mean it’s not someone else’s.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Fanservice =/= sexual body parts.

I couldn’t agree with you more, but I think when Ana said “fanservicey” in reference to Cecilia, she meant sexualised.

Re: blessings, for those quest we’d been given at least four blessings for free. With only one free Light blessing, it may be quite difficult to even attempt those quests.

17 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Fanservice =/= sexual body parts. It generally means something to please the audience. Super Smash Bros., for example, is fanservicy in the sense it's a crossover game where characters from various different franchises can fight, and a very notable and successful example of fanservice without even needing to resort to sexy stuff. FE Heroes, even excluding its sexual fanservice, is the same way in terms of fanservice, just focused on FE worlds instead.

That time when you had a shirtless Ike avatar could also be considered fanservice. :P

Yes, but I'm specifically talking about sexualized fanservice. Otherwise, you are right.

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

That’s not true, some people prefer scrawny men. For that matter, some people prefer muscly girls. As you say, just because it’s not your preference, doesn’t mean it’s not someone else’s.

It is true, actually, scrawny men and chubby men are not generally seen as sexually hot unless it's a very specific preference. I agree 100%, but it is GENERALLY true, which is what makes something sexualized or not. I don't think that's right by any means, but we have beauty "standards" for a reason. We're generally conditioned to like certain things, muscled dudes being one of them. Everyone has a wide variety of preferences, but what does fan service cater to?? The standards.

What is standard? Muscles for men. Big boobs and ass for girls. It's the standard. It's what they cater too.

Oh finally, Cecilia with Brunya's tits is reality~!

(I expect zero of you to understand this)

Regardless, THAT IS ENOUGH WHINING ABOUT FANSERVICE.  Any more complaints will result in a suspension until next year, at minimum.  Take it to PM if it's such a pressing issue.

15 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

, but what does fan service cater to?? The standards.

Fan service is anything that services fans. It isn’t restricted to that narrow definition.

@eclipse I understand you. And the above post isn’t a complaint, it’s a statement.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Fan service is anything that services fans. It isn’t restricted to that narrow definition.

@eclipse I understand you. And the above post isn’t a complaint, it’s a statement.

Yeah, that's fine, but further stuff should be taken to PM.