Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

I hope the blue tickets shown in the Feh channel (I think) are the non banner exclusive kind. I want to save up on Winter Tharja merges.

I can see different colored ticked being for different types of banners. The blue tickets can be for normal banner (new heroes and maybe seasonal banners), while golden tickets can be for special events  banners (Hero Fest or Legendary Banners). However I still believe the tickets will be exclusive for that banner, because we don't have tickets in the inventory. Tickets are limited items, like the Aether Stones SP.

But I hope I am wrong.

Well armor emblem for TT it is.  Here's hoping I can snag an Erika quickly, because I already maxed everything on Chrom and Robin ages ago and I need a bonus until I get Cecilia.  I think I will use: H!Myrrh, B!Ehpraim, B!Hector or V!Eliwood, and hopefully Erika or if I have to wait Cecilia.

I look forward to seeing Tharja, Cecilia, Lissa and a healer crawl through the maps with near-invincibility on auto battle. Maybe my free roll can give me a lucky Eirika to fit in for a perfect squad. (or tickets, if we get any)

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's next christmas. 

Banned for giving IS ideas:P:

I'm sure it'll happen one day, and then I'll cringe inside (or is that when a mounted dancer appears?).   Staffbot armor may be a bit annoying, though - not sure if anyone would run her in upper-tier arena (if that ever happens, I start running Painful Azama).

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'm sure it'll happen one day, and then I'll cringe inside (or is that when a mounted dancer appears?).   Staffbot armor may be a bit annoying, though - not sure if anyone would run her in upper-tier arena (if that ever happens, I start running Painful Azama).

haha i was telling someone for months how an armoured staff/dancer would be great. I honestly didn't expect it though. 
a mounted singer would be great (but just plain ole mean ;) )

So, I’ve decided which team I’m going to use:

C!Robin-C!Lissa-C!Tharja-Genny (unless a free pull gives me C!Eirika)

Once Robin and Tharja reach max HM (which will be soon) I’ll swap them for C!Cecilia and probably Zelgius or V!Eliwood

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Unless Christmas banners suddenly fall in love with me, I'm going full Tactics.  Mostly because a dancing armor unit doesn't exist.

We don't know Cecilia's set yet(at least not that I have seen). She could be an armored Dagger Dancer :D. Ok. . . so the chances of that are pretty much zip. But I'll hold out hope until it is dashed mercilessly!

Will give me an excuse to dust off cutie pie Lissa. The question is if I should switch form the +RES/-DEF to the +RES/-SPD I have or just wait and see what I get on the banner when it pops up. I still don't have Chrom so she could make yet another appearance. Sadly Tharja is max HM so I won't be having a red this season. My Winter Robin is -SPD so he still has HM to grind up since I don't use him much. So he can provide March if no one else can.

Drive Res as a seal is nice since it means all the drives are now in seal form. But Fierce Stance is where my real joy is. Seal form is just about the only way I expect to ever see/use it. I do like when 5* locked skills get seals. Even if the skill isn't in super high demand.

Tempest Trials are where I do my HM grinding.  (I know some folks like Rival Domains for that, but I personally prefer Tempest Trials.)  Keep in mind that I grind on Lunatic 7 manually; I don't like using auto-battle.  I usually finish with 270,000-300,000 points when all is said and done; in the last few trials I've spent about 35 stamina potions, but this time I'll use 30 to conserve for the next set of trials.  (This is the only time I use stamina potions, and we get about 40/month anyway, so I may as well use them here.)  After today, 20 of the next 24 days have TT running - this will test my sanity dedication.  It'll be well worth it, though!

I've decided on the two teams I'll use for this edition of TT (unless I get lucky with the free pulls):

• Team 1:
    • Ishtar w/Breath of Life seal
    • 4*+7 Raigh (I know, folks - this is only to grind HM from him); W!Lissa replaces Raigh in triple runs, otherwise W!Lissa will be in second team when I get down to one enemy with minimal health in final map
    • OG Ike
    • Raven (with special Basilikos and Fury)
  • Team 2 (once I hit 15,000 points):
    • OG Myrrh w/Guidance seal
    • OG F!Corrin
    • 4* Garon (when he caps HM, Summer Young Tiki replaces him)
    • W!Cecilia w/Breath of Life seal

I'll swap the Breath of Life seal as I alternate teams; I've done that the last few TTs.

Finally the Drive Res Seal, there have been a few times where I would have needed that. So it is good to finally get and instantly upgrade it. Fierce Stance is also useful. Would have also loved another HP/x seal, but maybe next time.

For Bonus units it might be a bit of Winter Robin into Cecilia for me.

On 16.12.2018 at 8:29 AM, DarkAlf said:

I usually grind to at least 270,000-280,000 anyway.

Isn't that really overkill? Something around 240k should have been enough.

On 16.12.2018 at 8:29 AM, DarkAlf said:

since I do all my grinding manually.

You what? You got my respect for that, doesn't that take forever?

8 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Isn't that really overkill? Something around 240k should have been enough.

You're right that that's normally the cutoff, but I don't consider my goal Top 1K.  I consider my goal getting as many feathers from HM as I can, which means trying to get at least the bonus units' HM maxed out while not spending more than 35 stamina pots so that I can sustain this long term.  The Top 1K is a bonus to me.  (I actually still have 333 stamina pots, so if I really wanted to I could try for rank 1, but I'm not that crazy.)

13 minutes ago, Azuris said:

You what? You got my respect for that, doesn't that take forever?

Thanks!  I have a 90-minute commute to and from work each way via trains, so I spend my time grinding there.  That's 3 hours a day alone, so that's about 7-10 runs an hour, or 21-30 runs for 3 hours.  I also grind for an hour at home while watching TV, so add another 7-10 runs there.  So that's 28-40 runs a day total, usually on the higher end.  Plus I don't do all the runs at once so that I can do real-life things.  Don't worry - I still get tons of sleep!

I'll obviously try to get W!Eirika before this TT starts but in the (not so unlikely) case I'm unable to get her before it begins I'll just do 1 round with Horse Emblem and then upgrade the 4* W!Cecilia and pair her with B!Ephraim and H!Myrrh. The last unit will be either a healer or a blue mage for coverage.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Dancing armour would be awful. Who wants a dancer that moves one space or being forced to run armour march? 

I will use Cecilia on this. I am so glad that she is the free one. xD
I still ship her more with Roy along with Sophia and Wolt Bromance than Lilina.  

And I will see it through that I make use of Fierce stance seal. If DC would grow on trees I would go for Sword Reinhardt with Fierce stance, but DC is too valuable. Another user could be my A.Tiki, but again its not optimal...

17 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Dancing armour would be awful. Who wants a dancer that moves one space or being forced to run armour march? 

Score creep is here to save the day.

Duel Armor Boots: Unit can move 1 extra space. If unit is 5★ and level 40 and unit's stats total less than 200, treats unit's stats as 200 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values added by merges and skills.)

Not foddering off that -ATK W!Lissa I pulled looks like it's going to pay off. She's the only bonus unit I have and I can safely fodder her off after this Tempest is over. Or I can keep her and she'll have the SP to build the way I want without grinding.

I kind of want a W!Tharja now though. Just for Red Tome Valor though. I have too many red tome units now.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

A player-phase armor team.

You can run serious shenanigans with a dancer and a lot of Bold Fighter + Galeforce. The dancer doesn't even have to run Armor March if enough of the other units on the team have it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I guess I'll try to predict Cecilia's kit. Her dagger will be the same as Fae's breath minus adaptive damage. As for her skills: Chill Atk and Def Tactics. How far off will I be??

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

I guess I'll try to predict Cecilia's kit. Her dagger will be the same as Fae's breath minus adaptive damage. As for her skills: Chill Atk and Def Tactics. How far off will I be??

Now it makes me wonder if she will have a Feint or Push skill. They are still incomplete and only seen on seasonals. 

(Plus it would still fit your prediction since they are Assist and A skills)

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Now it makes me wonder if she will have a Feint or Push skill. They are still incomplete and only seen on seasonals. 

(Plus it would still fit your prediction since they are Assist and A skills)

Feint skills are in the B slot.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Feint skills are in the B slot.

Oh yeah. You are right. I guess it because the focus on assists. I like Feints, they are like Ploys you have more control on. Not so sure about Pushs. What do you think about them?