How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

22 hours ago, The Dread Pirate Roberts said:

My username comes from "The Princess Bride."

I won't spoil anything, but let's just say it's a big part of the story.

I know what you´re talking about.

Great movie btw

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

That's a long one.

- Played Tekken(3...?) once in my life, as a teenager. Heihachi had a move called "Silver Cyclone". Liked the sound of it. Within the same week I started playing my first mmo, The 4th Coming(usually known as T4C). Named my character CycloneSilver.

- Months later, I moved on to Dark Age of Camelot(another very old mmo). In that game, characters started with a first name, and at level 10(iirc) they got a last name to complete it. I naturally went with Cyclone and planned to pick Silver as a family name when the time came. But obviously, "Cyclone" by itself, being a very generic name, was already taken. So I went with Cyclon instead.

- CyclonSilver just stuck as my pseudo for a few years. A few really old accounts of mine are still named that.

- Once I stopped being an edgy teenager I started thinking it sounded a bit ridiculous, so I tried to shorten it. As a result nowadays I mostly name myself just Cyclon, but at some point I juggled between that and CSX(short for CyclonSilverX, yup, so much for being more mature). I named myself the latter when I played Animal Crossing for the first time.

- For those who don't know, characters in Animal Crossing have automated pronunciation for all of their dialogue, but really sped up. As a result, they pronounced CSX something like "Ceesx", which grew on me after hearing it a few hundred times. I made my Serenes account around then... and here we are.

Edited by Cysx

I've changed my username many times, but I'm most commonly known by either Charlie or Musashi. Musashi is the name of a 17th century samurai who I used to hero worship during my teenage years. Charlie is simply my real name, which I started using when I got tired of the whole username thing. The rest of my usernames are mostly silly things that I happen to think up on a whim or come from series that I fancy at the time.

Signed up for the lego website when I was a kid as Legoman11

Then when we got the PS3 I didn't want to associate myself with Legos so I renamed myself to pixelman. That continued as tradition on games like Minecraft and other websites and I still do it today though I have started to shift more towards calling myself Pepsiman.

I also go by Horatio and that's because I watched a funny Minecraft video when I was a kid and the guy said the name and I thought it was funny.

• 2 months later...

My first ever and 2nd favorite game console is Nintendo 64 and I pulled Tediz from Conker's Bad Fur Day. I loved playing as the evil Tediz. Had the game since I was 7 years old. Hearing the Tediz say "motha f**ka" was hilarious. I sometimes played as the squirrels too. When you get the machine gun I remember them saying "eat lead you mother f**kers" all the while missing :lol:  I know I shouldn't be saying this so causally but I loved that game. I think it was the only one my biological father bought me. Lol an M rated game as a 7 year old. Can you imagine? Good stories :P:

Oh the stories behind that game I could tell. I learned how to speak Tediz, I learned how to sing the entire Poo song and even can match the pitch and raise my voice, I even learned about female anatomy and sexual reproduction from the bee and sunflower scene. The fire monkies saying "argh I got pee in my mouth", or the squirrel sergeant singing that old military song, and so forth. I remember that game scene for scene, song for song, and every single chapter. I probably clocked over 100,000 hours on it and the remake that came out for the Xbox. But I slowed down after 10 years old on playing it. Moved on to RPGs and anime style games. 

I have a couple of other stories for usernames on other accounts.

-RiceSneeze (Switch/Twitch username): I was really hyped for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, and I had recently watched Weiss Schnee's gameplay, and her moveset looked really cool. I decided then to use a (not-so)slightly modified version of her name as my username. 

-WaddleDee.psd (Twitter handle): Was originally iwanttodededie (was a fan of adding Dedede to the start of D-words), but that was slightly offensive, so I decided I needed to change it. Then, while dicking around in PhotoShop, I noticed that the file extension for PS files, .psd, rhymed with Waddle Dee, so I decided to change it to that.

-DontRewbtheLudes (Steam username): I was a fan of the "Don't Lewd the Rubes" joke in the RWBY fandom, and I decided to just switch the R and L. It's kinda dumb now that I look back at it, but I have no desire to change it.

-Lemon w/Milk (FEH username): Was Menacing for a time (because Jojo references), but I decided to change it to this. Name comes from a Vinesauce Windows Destruction stream (those are still gold btw), when Joel visited an ice chewer forum, where they were discussing "lemon" and "milk" ice. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the snow, and I wish it would snow where I live. =.= And glaciers are to do with the snow. Just "Snowy" is quite a generic name.

I've had a lot of usernames over the years, often relating to whatever franchise/thing I was into at the moment, or based off things about my favourite anime characters.

I used to watch Winx Club, ironically enough... my favorite character was Musa, not Bloom.

If you see anyone named Bloomi, Bloomisha, Bloom Lana, or Kiribloom... you're probably seeing me.

Edited by Bloom

My name Ares originates from couple of years back playing Civ V with my friends, and mostly making war and destroying most things standing in my way, so a friend called me one time jokingly Ares the God of War (greek mythology) knowing that I was into the greek mythology and mythology in general, I've just sticked with it ever since.

• 1 month later...

Blattodea's the insect order that contains cockroaches*, and boy do I love those little buggers.

(*And termites, as of February 2018, because, as it turns out, termites are just really weird cockroaches.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My name is based on a nickname I invented to play Zelda, which was Davio (Ravio, but with a D that comes from my real name). And then I decided to add the "En-" prefix because it sounded better. 

It's the most 16-year-old-in-Philosophy-class thing, I know. Because I was like 16 and in a Philosophy class, and the concept of parrhesia - essentially, telling the truth no matter the personal cost - came up, and sounded both lit and aesthetic.

i was eleven years old and i just rolled a toon named Infamy in dark age of camelot and i needed a buffbot for her so i used a thesaurus 😎