How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with The Shining Blade because I wanted a light-based epithet like that of a legendary weapon in the FE GBA era. "Baron" came from my love of armored units in FE; though Barons aren't my favorite of the bunch, I wanted to have a shorthand that didn't sound tacky. Still, I'm considering to drop the Baron part as now I simply stick with "ShiningBlade" which has grown on me.

Since it doesn't fit on my Switch profile, there it is shortened to "ShinBlade". I like this since in Japanese "Shin" can translate to "true", so my name could also be translated as "TrueBlade", which works wonderfully as I love the Myrmidon line of classes just as much as armors. So if I get to doing the above adjustment and you want to use a shorthand for me, then I'd prefer Shin. But I mean, you can still call me Baron if you want.

6 minutes ago, TangerineDropper said:

Earlier this year I asked my friend, who has never played a fire emblem game, to explain the Echoes CG of the balcony scene.
He noticed the oranges on the ground and said that Celica was leaving Alm because he's a "no good tangerine dropper"

and thats the story!

Heyyyyyy I remember you! You posted that on your Twitter, and I tried it with my friend.

Mine's a spinoff of my previous online handle, with one part from the old one and the other added on. Used this first here but initially manly used this on Paradox Interactive's forums.

I'll let you guess the previous one, though my ones before that were Lord_From_Hell (1. Yeah that's what I call edgy. 2. Shoutout to anyone who recognises it from Renaissance Kingdoms. It'd be a decade ago now though.) and my name and age when I made a Runescape account (I did not use it elsewhere).

I was creating my Instagram account and I needed a weird name because that's how I like things. I remembered this Danganronpa sprite video that had audio from like Parks and Recreation or something and it was about codenames. One of the codenames was "If I Had To Pick A Dude." Ever since then I stuck with the name.

I got the indigo part from Inigo, and the oceans part is merged in with the o at the end of indigo since I feel that it rolls off the tongue nicely. I've used the username indigoskies before as a reference to Laslow and Odin's C support in Fates. So far, I like the one I'm using now the most.

"Dodge" came from my second username when I first made an Xbox Live account. xXx_D0DGE_xXx is pretty embarrasing, but that's what 13-year-olds do when they want to fit in with their friends. It was named after my favourite car manufacturer at the time, Dodge. My first username was "Duskman307", since Dusknoir was my favourite Pokémon at the time I made it. When I got my PS3 and went to make an account name, I asked one of my clan mates for name suggestions, since I didn't want to use my D0DGE name there. He suggested mixing "Duskman307" (which I was still using in our clan's chat) and "xXx_D0DGE_xXX". "Dodged_Dusk" is my current PSN name, but over time I shortened it to make it roll of the tongue easier.

Back in middle school, an online game on the Warrior Cats website gave me the name "Hawkpaw". In the book series, the sufix of a cats name was indicative of their role and position. For example, a kitten would be Sandkit or Squirrelkit, an apprentice would be Sandpaw or Squirrelpaw, a warrior would be Sandstorm or Squirrelflight, etc. I half-jokingly asked my friend what my warrior name would be, and he suggested "Hawkwing." As you can clearly see, the name stuck.

I also go by Ratchet54 and Cannon_Fodder, but I use the former less nowadays as not every website requires numbers in the username and I haven't played a Ratchet & Clank game yet (although I really want to). I only use the latter for multiplayer games. It's meant to be ironic when I survive, fitting when I die, and considering both scenarios happen quite often, the joke can go either way.

I've always liked the Druid class for some reason. I just like dark mages in general- I think they're a fun class.

Dandy comes from "Space Dandy," a show I was watching at the time I made my username. I want to rewatch it now. I really liked the word Dandy.

So I put the two together since they both start with D. 

Technically, it should be Druish Dandy, but Dandy Druid just rolls off the tongue better, imo. I thought about changing my name, but everyone around here already knows me by this name, so I won't do it.

"Ertrick" is a bastardization of the name "Erik" - the name of one of my closest friends.  For that reason, it's pronounced "air-trick", though I've come to accept people calling me "err-trick" or "Rick" instead.  It could've been that or "Airwick", but that's the name of an air-freshening product and I'd rather not use something corporate/commercial to represent myself and, in some respect, my friend Erik.

In terms of the number...  I guess I just like the number 3 but also prefer even numbers.  So I went with 36 to make it contain the number three, to be a multiple of three (both for each individual digit and the whole number itself), and to still make it an even number.  It holds no sentimental value, I just like patterns and "36" seemed like a good number.

I... thought it was cool. That's about it.

I've always liked phoenixes for whatever reason, and I think I learned the word kensai by association with Fire Emblem, though I'm not sure what gave me the idea to combine the two. Eventually I learned that the word should probably be romanized as "kensei", but I'm hardly the first person to write it this way, so I have no idea what's going on with that.

That was a long time ago, though. These days I usually go by nicknames and other derivatives.

obligatory "my username is just my actual name" post

its also just an uncommon name in general so it happened to work

I used to go by TrueEm because I am
exceptionally uncreative with names

Hmm, I like writing short stories (and maybe longer, unfinished ones) and I like how Argent is another name for Silver (in this situation Quicksilver) and Sable can be a form of badger/wolf or, a sword. So take that as you will. I guess the most apt translation would be Silver Blade/Wolf, or Quicksilver Blade/Wolf.

I wanted to sound intelligent and cool, (cool there pun not intended, but it works) so I looked through my Latin notes and found Rex and Glacies, meaning "King of Ice."  As such, I managed to combine my nerdery as well as my love of the cold in a single name.

With LJwalhout I used the first letters from my name and christian name and then used my surname. 

Rapaille is an old Dutch word originally from France which basically means scum or rascal. My reason for choosing it is because it sounds very chic but describes something foul which I always found ironic.

Edited by Rapaille
New username

I have had this user name forever, I use it on all my accounts for everything. As for where it came from...

On armor games back in... 2012 my username was Noob67... I don't know where 67 came from, but it's here to stay now. 

As for Micopen, I used to play spore and in tribal stage they have random names, and I just really liked this one.