What are your thoughts on the Soulja Boy console?

Sub Zero

Why didn't you post this in General Gaming where it belongs? I highly suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum's layout before posting any more threads.

Anyway, he didn't "make" this, he just slapped his name on some emulator that some Chinese company made. Also, I can't wait for the inevitable multi-million dollar lawsuit that he going to get hit with.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Why didn't you post this in General Gaming where it belongs? I highly suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum's layout before posting any more threads.

Anyway, he didn't "make" this, he just slapped his name on some emulator that some Chinese company made. Also, I can't wait for the inevitable multi-million dollar lawsuit that he going to get hit with.

*sigh* Yeah I hate this category bullshit.

But yeah, he's gonna get a crap ton of lawsuits.

3 hours ago, SamP832 said:

dude this is the first i've heard of soulja boy in literally a decade and I'm a musician, what the shit?

People who are loaded with cash seem to get bored really easy and decide they want to use that money to do random crap.  They figure that because they've got it made, they oughta be able to do literally anything they set their minds to, nevermind that they didn't actually study or have experience with whatever endeavors they seek to pursue outside of the very thing that made them successful in the first place.  It's also how celebs typically become washed out and wind up doing seedy shit - they usually wind up losing it all on some fool's investment and don't know how to cope in a world without the kind of money they became accustomed to, so they're willing to do basically anything to get back to that point should they fall from grace.

From what I can tell/have heard, this is basically like a slightly better version of all those bootleg "40000 games in 1" consoles.  You know, those ones that are like cheap knock-offs of actual consoles, but they make severely outdated games or just outright rip games from other sources and pad out the big numbers with fluff games, clones, or straight up the same game copied over several times.  Like the MiWi or other lovely oddities most people probably didn't hear about unless their grandma had mistaken one of those off-shoots for the real thing.

The main difference being that apparently he's got it emulating modern games and that it's coming from a proper American source... both of which are much more serious, severe issues that could cripple him with lawsuits if it's found out that Nintendo didn't license any of this.  Which almost certainly is the case, because there's no way in a hell frozen over thrice that Nintendo would let their games be played on any hardware besides their own.  "Legit", my left foot, I'm pretty sure his source on copyright laws comes from a Chinese sweat shop.

Last I heard of Soulja Boy was from SiivaGunner's Happy Synthesizer rip.

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Soulja boy: wait, who's getting sued?

Lawyer: YOOOUU!!!

That made me laugh, NGL.