Special Heroes (Gifts of Winter)

Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Celica's never been in a seasonal banner. Or any Echoes character, for that matter. Where'd you get Celica from?

I was talking about alts in general. Celica's had two and she's the only Echoes character that's gotten any alts at all.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I was talking about alts in general. Celica's had two and she's the only Echoes character that's gotten any alts at all.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, maybe. And true, nearly every single seasonal banner has had at least one 3DS character. :/

Uh huh, sure you never specified seasonal alts. :P

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Uh huh, sure you never specified seasonal alts. :P

Well, in that post was talking seasonals, but in my later one, I was generalizing. I probably should've been clearer though, so my mistake.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One of the alts was a Brave Hero. Are you saying IS should have avoided giving Celica a Brave Hero alt even though she was voted first? 

If I recall correctly, the only games with no seasonal alts are Valentia and the Jugdral games so far (and SD, but Mystery easily overlaps the characters anyways). If we can submit feedback for characters like they suggested, maybe in half a year's time if not sooner they'll calm stuff down.

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

One of the alts was a Brave Hero. Are you saying IS should have avoided giving Celica a Brave Hero alt even though she was voted first? 

Fallen Celica was released after CYL2. IS shouldn't have designed any alts at all before the results came in.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

(and SD, but Mystery easily overlaps the characters anyways).

Bride Caeda, Groom Marth and Spring Bridesmaid Catria

EDIT: Summer Tiki and Linde too.

Edited by Baldrick

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Fallen Celica was released after CYL2. IS shouldn't have designed any alts at all before the results came in.

Fallen Celica came out in February, just a few weeks after CYL2 so there was no way for them to wait. IS most certainly came up with her concept long before CYL2 so expecting them to wait several months to design alts means you're expecting them to not release any characters within the next few months of every single CYL event. Considering her massive popularity, three alts is nothing at this point. 

17 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

IS most certainly came up with her concept long before CYL2 so expecting them to wait several months to design alts means you're expecting them to not release any characters within the next few months of every single CYL event.

I know the last few months have been alt-heavy, but can’t they add new character?

Edited by Baldrick

44 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No... I just hope that next time we get an Echoes alt, it's Alm. Or maybe Lukas since I like him. :P

36 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Bride Caeda, Groom Marth and Spring Bridesmaid Catria

EDIT: Summer Tiki and Linde too.

Those are described as appearing in Mystery of the Emblem in their bios, not Shadow Dragon.

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

Then I'd have honest concerns about him breaking his back.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, he's my second favorite lord and I think he's another guy who could use a seasonal myself! Even better if Ike is also there with him. :O The one on the left could actually be Eirika so both siblings are there. And Ike and Mist could be another pair of sibs in this... I'd want Mist too though argh! My orbs and probably some money would be taking quite a hit. DX

You know, when I kept looking at his art in the game again to compare the waistlines, I started to think this may be possible myself. Though he might also end up looking like he's breaking his back as Nanima pointed out.

Anime generally ignores the fact that some poses are back breaking.

Anyway, the Arthur art shared on here was the side view I had in mind.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Landmaster Not only that, but why two Kageros in the same year? It was cool to see her in the spring banner... but why a 2nd seasonal alt during the halloween?

I just hope to don't see any Awakening unit in the Christmas banner because last year banner was only Awakening units, and I don't want any Fates units in the New Year Banner for the same reason. Now IS gives us only Fates units for the Christmas and only Awakening units for the New Year.

2 Kageros in the same year can be do to the fact that someone high up likes her or that she sold well in Spring. They probably keep track on which orbs were pulled in a certain time and Kagero probably sold well. I think I also heard that Japan thinks the West LOVES Kagero so maybe they thought they would appease International fans for including her in a banner.

28 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I know the last few months have been alt-heavy, but can’t they add new character?

I mean, we just got Eir.

We're probably not going to get a new character until January. If you're not interested in alts, then I would save up for meta-changing beast units coming out.

15 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

2 Kageros in the same year can be do to the fact that someone high up likes her or that she sold well in Spring. They probably keep track on which orbs were pulled in a certain time and Kagero probably sold well. I think I also heard that Japan thinks the West LOVES Kagero so maybe they thought they would appease International fans for including her in a banner.

Wait, where's this even coming from? I have never seen much love nor hate (minus for Maid Kagero) for the character since ever. I don't doubt she has her fans, every FE character has, but being a fan favorite the west? That just sounds weird. I guess by what you said she isn't popular in Japan either?

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

Wait, where's this even coming from? I have never seen much love nor hate (minus for Maid Kagero) for the character since ever. I don't doubt she has her fans, every FE character has, but being a fan favorite the west? That just sounds weird. I guess by what you said she isn't popular in Japan either?

Yeah, where would Japan get the idea that the west likes her a lot? From what I can tell, there isn't any one Fates character that we consistently love. Our favorites there are all over the place as far as I can tell. Takumi and Camilla might be the most popular by a little bit though.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, where would Japan get the idea that the west likes her a lot? From what I can tell, there isn't any one Fates character that we consistently love. Our favorites there are all over the place as far as I can tell. Takumi and Camilla might be the most popular by a little bit though.

I know i just finished Fates BR the first time this month and even tho there were a number of characters that interested me, the only one i became really fan of was my A+ bff Orochi. After it i googled her a bit to see what were the chances of her showing up soon in Heroes and all i got was that she seems to be a very unpopular/disliked character in japan. I wonder why since here in the west she seems to fall in the same neutral category as Kagero or Hinata.

Edit: re-reading this i guess it doesn't have much to do with the talk we were having. It's really just something that popped on my mind when thinking about the japan/west divide in popularity.

Edited by RexBolt

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

It's actually worth noting that the last time FEH added at least two completely new units in a banner outside of the main story, CYL-related stuff and GHBs was the Genealogy banner with Sigurd and Dierdre last year before Halloween. I think IS has opted to reserve larger batches of fresh new units for the main story, so breaks in the story look like they aren't going to foster many new characters.

16 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I know i just finished Fates BR the first time this month and even tho there were a number of characters that interested me, the only one i became really fan of was my A+ bff Orochi. After it i googled her a bit to see what were the chances of her showing up soon in Heroes and all i got was that she seems to be a very unpopular/disliked character in japan. I wonder why since here in the west she seems to fall in the same neutral category as Kagero or Hinata.

Yeah, sometimes there will be that one character you like that hardly anyone else seems to... Frederick is kind of that for me, I suppose, what with him not being popular or unpopular, just "there" for most.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, sometimes there will be that one character you like that hardly anyone else seems to... Frederick is kind of that for me, I suppose, what with him not being popular or unpopular, just "there" for most.

Kent's an odd one since I see a lot of people list him as an FE7 character they feel should be in the game (along with Sain), but he never does well in votes and few list him as someone they put in their tops to see in the game. So he's pretty much just there, too >.< 

Back on topic, I can't really see the one on the left being a Christmas Knight from any of the games, but it's hard to tell. I still wish they'd make that connection at some point, even if they had to do it with Stahl/Sully... although I'd prefer more banners with no Fates and Awakening. I actually do really like the games... but I love all the Fire Emblem games and want to see the others, too!

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Kent's an odd one since I see a lot of people list him as an FE7 character they feel should be in the game (along with Sain), but he never does well in votes and few list him as someone they put in their tops to see in the game. So he's pretty much just there, too >.<

From what I've seen, Sain is liked more than Kent, though as you say, neither seem particularly popular, at least compared to even a few other characters in their game. Which saddens me a bit, I love Sain myself... :(

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

From what I've seen, Sain is liked more than Kent, though as you say, neither seem particularly popular, at least compared to even a few other characters in their game. Which saddens me a bit, I love Sain myself... :(

Sain doesn't do too badly in CYL, although he's rarely listed as people's number one to get in. He's more popular than certain other units that have made it in, but then I don't mind obscure units making their way in. It's what makes me hate the alt splurge we had because there are so many other characters that could have got in instead. Plus the recent 2 and 1 new character banners. Screw that >.< 

Oh well. I'm still vaguely hoping for a guy on a flying reindeer this year, but I suspect we'll get a girl on a flying reindeer if that does become a thing... and more likely, probably more bikini armours. 

Well, what do you know, pretty much what people in this thread were predicting came true.

Also, Eirika's definitely not getting top 2 in CYL3 anymore. Also dammit, I didn't want to pull on this banner but armored staff and Eirika. Ike and Elincia, you two better show up soon!

Edited by Sunwoo

...They're all...armors.

I'm really trying hard not to blow up in anger here. This is just...why. The Christmas units last year were all armors. Seriously, why. I'm skipping this banner because I'm personally tired of armors and don't like them anyway. Why must so many seasonals be armors and why can't we have a non-armor Christmas unit? Please tell me others agree with me here...

Though holy shit, I called Ephraim and Eirika right.

Edited by Anacybele

The new trailer is out, and...

Spoiler

Holy snap there doesn't seem to be anyone from Awakening or Fates what is this alternate universe

Also, is that Cecilia? Looks like it's SS and BiB representation this time. In any case, looks great, but thankfully not enough to compel me to stop holding my orbs for RD.