Special Heroes (Gifts of Winter)

Jingle Jangle

Wait, I actually called ALL THREE characters right. I mentioned Fae too. o_O

But I'm still probably passing. I love Ephraim and he's tempting, but this is making me hate armors more and more. -_- And I really hoped for a flying Ephraim to complete the movement types for him...

I'll be quiet about my disappointment now though. The skills look neat, I must say, and I do like Ephraim's outfit!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Now I feel left out.

It's okay, I didn't even make a guess because I thought it was a plant.

My friend thought it was one person strangling another.

Also, I wonder if we're just supposed to expect armored seasonal units forever. Because I don't dig. Ya dig?

I might try to get one or two copies of Eirika. That staff looks delicious. Anyways, RIP CYL Eirika. Well, Bephraim already tells you about Gleipneirika's existence. I appreciate the representation in this batch of characters

Edited by silveraura25

Oh look they're all armors, everyone act surprised!

And there's another trainee armored dragon too, act even more surprised!

I don't really care for any of the units but one of them is free, so that's good. I wonder who will be on the New Years banner?

Edited by Lightchao42

Festive Siegmund? It's Berserk Armads again, but if it was called something like Hearty, Lovely, or Passionate Armads or whatever that would fit Valentine's Day. I swear if Ephraim drops a "Siegmund" line like Hector did.

Winter Eirika is our first armored healer which is neat. Glittering Breath being inheritable is interesting. It's a defensive and dragon breath version of [redacted] Sanaki's Nifl Frostflowers and bride Tharja's Muspell Fireposy. I wonder if Cecilia is going to be an armor too. If she is, then she'd be our first, free ranged armor and that would be useful for F2P strategies, especially armor quests ones. She might not, though, and she could just be an infantry dagger.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, I actually called ALL THREE characters right. I mentioned Fae too. o_O

But I'm still probably passing. I love Ephraim and he's tempting, but this is making me hate armors more and more. -_- And I really hoped for a flying Ephraim to complete the movement types for him...

I'll be quiet about my disappointment now though. The skills look neat, I must say, and I do like Ephraim's outfit!

I agree Ephraim is definitely tempting, but I also REALLY dislike armors, and I know it's like a running gag to have armors that don't LOOK like armor's, but honestly I don't really like the trend. And also I know they're whale bait and they need the money, but I don't see why they can't make a banner that's MOSTLY armor's and maybe have one infantry or flying unit. 

It's fine though, because I get to keep saving my orbs, which is what I WISHED for. But do like the artwork for Ephraim and Eirika, though it's strange we get another Eirika alt right after she gets a Legendary, I wonder why they planned it like that. I don't even care about the millions of alts, but that one does feel a bit close together.

Nice skills, maybe if I get a free one in the pull, I can fodder them off!!

The ONLY thing I'm giving IS points on is the fact that none of them are Awakening or Fates units, not even Cecilia: Festive Instructor.

The new Opening series of skills looks interesting, to say the least. Make the strongest unit on your team even stronger.

HOWEVER, things just got a lot worse for Arena, I feel.

We now have the final Armored Dragon Trainee, and her entire thing is boosting her defensive stats when near allies.

Ephraim... I don't get. He's an Armor who... wants to be alone? But that's nearly impossible for Armor units to do without some heavy positioning skill usage, and even then why be alone when you could be together and never worry about losing Armor March status?

Eirika worries me a lot. Being a healer means that Armor Emblem can now heal off any small amounts of damage you try to deal, and it doesn't help she comes with Restore+ of all things, meaning you can't just chip the Armors down or weaken them anymore.

Cecilia... well all we know about her right now is that she's a Colorless Dagger unit. I think her performance will depend entirely on what the special effect of "generic" Christmas weapons will be this season, otherwise she'll probably just be colorless Kagero from Halloween.

I'm... probably not going to whale on this banner. Besides the fact I need the christmas shopping money, this banner only offers one interesting unit to me, and that's Eirika. And unless luck is not on my side, going for her shouldn't be that hard.

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...They're all...armors.

I'm really trying hard not to blow up in anger here. This is just...why. The Christmas units last year were all armors. Seriously, why. I'm skipping this banner because I'm personally tired of armors and don't like them anyway. Why must so many seasonals be armors and why can't we have a non-armor Christmas unit? Please tell me others agree with me here...

Though holy shit, I called Ephraim and Eirika right.

Why not look on the bright side? More orbs to save for that RD banner that's coming up soon with the laguz you've mentioned clamoring for. I'm personally happy this isn't enticing me much because of that.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I wonder if Cecilia is going to be an armor too. If she is, then she'd be our first, free ranged armor and that would be useful for F2P strategies, especially armor quests ones. She might not, though, and she could just be an infantry dagger.

I'm actually liking a lot of this free Seasonals thing. Also are you sure it's dagger? I was under the impression it's a tome.

Oh yay, another fucking trainee armor or 3. How about a trainee in literally any other movement type?

Eirika looks cute, but I think I'll be passing.

At least Cecilia is pretty cool. Hopefully she's a fun cav unit. She's adorable and having an improved version of her would be cool.

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I'm actually liking a lot of this free Seasonals thing. Also are you sure it's dagger? I was under the impression it's a tome.

Trailer showed her

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

The icon in her sprite on the map overview is the familiar colorless four-pointy star. 'Tis a dagger.

Welp, Wrathful Fighter is now a thing. At least that would be susceptible to counter attacks.

Physic+ probably feels like a better staff for Chreirika though to make up for the lack of range (and make her brother keep the Solo effect). Unless she just has Armour March support.

Well, nothing too must-have I guess which is good. Pretty boring to be honest, even if I like using armours having a second round of armours with Fighter skills is just not interesting

At least free Cecilia is nice, and I'm more interested in her.

Edited by mcsilas

I am legitimately surprised to see the trailer today.  I guess whoever's in charge of the news doesn't get a day off any more.

Fae's kind of surprising, given that she's not really notably popular, but more Himukai Yuji art is nice (kind of wish he'd drawn more than just Fae and Raigh).  I'll probably be aiming mainly for Eirika, with Fae as the secondary prize, though I want one Ephraim just to keep my full collection of SS units.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Why not look on the bright side? More orbs to save for that RD banner that's coming up soon with the laguz you've mentioned clamoring for. I'm personally happy this isn't enticing me much because of that.

That too, especially if the RD banner has Ranulf. Though a part of me does want Ephraim anyway. I am lacking on blue armors, I admit. At least I think. I'll have to check...

Yeah, all I got for blue armors are Christmas Robin who's awesome, Halloween Niles who is...eh, but has his uses, and LA Eliwood who is meh to me. So maybe I really ought to go for him.

Though I really wanted NY Azura for my fliers as well. This is such a hard decision now. >_<

But while I'm pretty disappointed, I'm not blowing up about it. Happy for those who like armors or the characters, and happy Ephraim's there at all since I really like him. I'm handling myself right this time, folks.

Though, what also makes me sad is that Ike is now pretty much the only top ranked character from the original CYL to not have a seasonal. Roy, Hector, Chrom, Ephraim, Camilla, Lucina, Tharja, etc. they all have seasonals now. Several Tellius characters do now too. And Ike's still been left out. Seasonal Ike when, IS? ;_;

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Wait, where's this even coming from? I have never seen much love nor hate (minus for Maid Kagero) for the character since ever. I don't doubt she has her fans, every FE character has, but being a fan favorite the west? That just sounds weird. I guess by what you said she isn't popular in Japan either?

It's something I heard on Reddit, so I would take what I said with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, where would Japan get the idea that the west likes her a lot? From what I can tell, there isn't any one Fates character that we consistently love. Our favorites there are all over the place as far as I can tell. Takumi and Camilla might be the most popular by a little bit though.

They probably got the idea of how well she did in our popularity polls? She did win the Spring Voting Gauntlet.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, what do you know, pretty much what people in this thread were predicting came true.

Also, Eirika's definitely not getting top 2 in CYL3 anymore. Also dammit, I didn't want to pull on this banner but armored staff and Eirika. Ike and Elincia, you two better show up soon!

Yep, these past couple of months will probably really shake up CYL3 for females. Corrin, Azura, Camilla, and now Eirika will probably lose a lot of votes. My new predictions is that Micaiah and Anna may do well though.