Special Heroes (Gifts of Winter)

Jingle Jangle

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, yeah. But don't armors generally want to be more enemy phase oriented due to their low move?

Armors are the best mixed phase units in the game because bold fighter is broken 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's easier to use enemy-phase armors, but with Armor March, armors have better mobility than infantry. It takes some getting used to since it requires playing around Armor March's buff, but once you get used to it, it's pretty doable.

It helps that a lot of the recent armors have come with Armor March, too.

Yeah, fair point. And I do have a few Armor March armors.

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Armors are the best mixed phase units in the game because bold fighter is broken 

But only if you can get Bold Fighter. I think I only have one unit with it.

EDIT: I actually have two, but they're both green... xP

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed and this is coming from an Ephraim fangirl.

And if there MUST be one more Ephraim at any point in the future, put him on a wyvern or Pegasus! Plz!

Oh, one more plus for this banner though, at least there are no Fates/Awakening characters!

It'd be much easier to be excited for them if they had been in a couple months from now~ All IS is doing putting alts so close to each other is making people tired of units quicker~

I'm also surprised since this Banner only has 3 units that they didn't shove a random Fateswakening character on the 4th slot~ 

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

It'd be much easier to be excited for them if they had been in a couple months from now~ All IS is doing putting alts so close to each other is making people tired of units quicker~

I'm also surprised since this Banner only has 3 units that they didn't shove a random Fateswakening character on the 4th slot~ 

Yeah, exactly.

And I agree, even though I'd have loved it if it was a certain bear meat-hating knight. :P I doubt he'll ever have another alt though. He's not popular enough. But that's fine with me, I'm always happy with those sexy sculpted summer abs!

Armored healer at last! I'm definitely pulling for Eirika, and a free Cecilia is also nice. And hey, it's all characters who've never gotten seasonals before! The last time that happened was... spring, I think?

Aside from gender balance, this is everything I could ask for out of a seasonal banner.

17 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

And IS still not going to address the armor issue that's been going for an almost an entire year now.

The only problem with armors is that there aren't more of them. After almost two years, we still only have 1 tome user of each color, 2 archers, and we're only now getting our second dagger and first staff.

Fliers are also suffering from the same problem and it's just as much of a travesty, except fliers are always a few months ahead of armors (bows were the only exception).

Edited by Ice Dragon

I knew there'd be armours on this banner. Anyway, why are people under the impression this game has too many armours? Quantity wise, infantry are the pool with the most units. The only problem with armours is that over half of them are alts instead of characters like Oswin, Tauroneo, Gatrie, Brom, Wallace, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I knew there'd be armours on this banner. Anyway, why are people under the impression this game has too many armours? Quantity wise, infantry are the pool with the most units. The only problem with armours is that over half of them are alts instead of characters like Oswin, Tauroneo, Gatrie, Brom, Wallace, etc. 

No, see, it's always terrible for them to add any armors, even on the banner where everyone was expecting it more than any other because its history is being 100% armors.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Anyway, why are people under the impression this game has too many armours?

I am guessing that players who rank high in Arena see mostly armors. In the 720-732 range where I am normally at, about maybe a quarter of the teams I see have armor units. For the past few weeks, I am in the 726-738 range, and about half the teams I see have armor units.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am guessing that players who rank high in Arena see mostly armors. In the 720-732 range where I am normally at, about maybe a quarter of the teams I see have armor units. For the past few weeks, I am in the 726-738 range, and about half the teams I see have armor units.

And that's probably because armors have the highest BST and that helps with scoring. IS really should remove the BST thing, then maybe we'd see more varied arena teams. Right now I feel arena is actually boring because it's full of mostly armors and dragons.

The only factors in arena scoring should be skills, level, star rarity, and deaths. And I think the amount a death decreases the score by should be lowered a bit. I find it really hard to avoid even one death.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, see, it's always terrible for them to add any armors, even on the banner where everyone was expecting it more than any other because its history is being 100% armors.

Why is it terrible to add any armours? 

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That's because arena scoring makes armours higher score for some reason even though they have less move which is an important factor, not just stats hence why they get more BST. Not because they are supposed to be stronger. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And that's probably because armors have the highest BST and that helps with scoring. IS really should remove the BST thing, then maybe we'd see more varied arena teams. Right now I feel arena is actually boring because it's full of mostly armors and dragons.

I personally do not mind removing the BST crap, but a lot of players are going to whine about Reinhardt and ranged ponies.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

That's because arena scoring makes armours higher score for some reason even though they have less move which is an important factor, not just stats hence why they get more BST. Not because they are supposed to be stronger. 

I personally think armor units are the weakest units in the AI's hands, but a lot of players have problems dealing with dual phase armors too, so I am not really sure if they really are that weak.

So it really was Ephraim after all. I am beyond glad really. I use armours so rarely, and then only when they can stand on their own feet like H!Myrrh. Fae is adorable and I'd like to complete the set of dragon trainees at some point but she is no big priority. I do like Ephraim but seeing him as an armour yet again is boring and doesn't make me want to pull. Eirika is very interesting as an armour healer, but again I'd rarely use her. Her staff looks neat, but I can bear waiting for a better opportunity to pull for her. I am interested to see what Cecilia is like and glad that we get at least one seasonal for free.

So yeah, my orbs are save until at least the New Year. Thank god.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I personally do not mind removing the BST crap, but a lot of players are going to whine about Reinhardt and ranged ponies.

Perhaps, but there will always be some people who complain. I just feel like removing BST as a factor would result in the fewest complaints and is the best idea.

Adding Armor Units in Seasonal Banners makes sense... eventually IS will ended up without popular Armor Units to use in the normal characters (in fact, most of the most unpopular characters are Armors, which makes sense, most of them are dull)... There aren't many characters to choose that are actually appealing.

Edited by Troykv

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why is it terrible to add any armours? 

It isn't, but apparently a lot of people think it is.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The only factors in arena scoring should be skills, level, star rarity, and deaths. And I think the amount a death decreases the score by should be lowered a bit. I find it really hard to avoid even one death.

They made an arena where BST doesn't matter, but somehow it's ended up getting a lot of complaints.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally think armor units are the weakest units in the AI's hands, but a lot of players have problems dealing with dual phase armors too, so I am not really sure if they really are that weak.

Maybe people need to get better at fighting armors.

My armors always seem to have an easy time doing it!

I'm almost relieved that I have no desire to pull on this banner as I Iost my entire stash going for Laegjarn merges. (I feel worse about not being able to get Ophelia and Lewyn).

Let's look at the positives (?).

1. Ephraim and Hector can continue to be meme bros who only stopped using their signature weapon when they traded weapon types for their Brave alts.

2. Fae is our Christmas KFC.

3. Cecilia is free and the only character I like from this group.

Bring on New Years and Radiant Dawn.

Edited by NekoKnight