Granblue Fantasy Versus and Relink: Relink to be finished in House

Jedi

Huh, surprised we got this before a Persona 5 arena, although to be fair Granblue already had a large fandom before P5 was even released. 

I wonder if it will have special crossover fighters, similar as to how Granblue has a lot of crossover characters.

Edited by Water Mage

first DBFighterZ, then Killa la Kill, and now this. they surely got their hands full now.

i still remember playing the first Guilty Gear on PSOne back in the late 90s, good times.

glad to see Arc System Works have come this far, their anime fighting games are usually top notch in terms of gameplay quality.

they're well known to the fans of the genre, as much as Capcom and SNK i would say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The official announcements on this are kind of badly worded, but what  seems to be the case here is that Platinum Games finished what they were contracted to do for the game and are passing the baton to Cygames. Here's Platinum's official take on this.

I don't think there's need for concern since back in December they said in an interview the game was 60% done, or something to that effect. Or I could be wrong and all the bridges have been burnt and anything Platinum's people touched on been destroyed.

EDIT: By "they" I mean the project director on Cygames' side, Fukuhara.

Edited by Sylphid

Man, Platinum Games seems to have the worst luck when co-developing for other people. Didn't their Microsoft project get shut down too?

Alternatively, if they are just finished with what they are contracted to do, then maybe it's fine.

Edited by Sire

On 12/15/2018 at 8:29 AM, Shadow Mir said:

I hope this comes overseas. As does Granblue Fantasy Relink.

I think there's a good chance for a localization, GranBlue can be played in English. Go ahead, play it in a browser.

5 hours ago, Sylphid said:

The official announcements on this are kind of badly worded, but what  seems to be the case here is that Platinum Games finished what they were contracted to do for the game and are passing the baton to Cygames. Here's Platinum's official take on this.

I don't think there's need for concern since back in December they said in an interview the game was 60% done, or something to that effect. Or I could be wrong and all the bridges have been burnt and anything Platinum's people touched on been destroyed.

EDIT: By "they" I mean the project director on Cygames' side, Fukuhara.

maybe they had the task to develop only the gameplay/mechanics aspect of the title, as much as what they did with Metal Gear Rising and Nier Automata before.

it's kind of hard to say at this point, however there's still hope for the game if they manage to keep the same quality standards.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, Slumber said:

Platinum's involvement was the one reason I was interested in that game.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:58 PM, Etheus said:

I've got to agree. Granblue has no weight to its name, just being a moderately okay series of mobile games. Platinum was the only real motivator here.

Well it's been confirmed they finished the parts they needed to, sites are just misreporting that fsr. So Basically their gameplay is done, from what i'm getting.

Also I'd say Granblue has pretty big weight, but that's way more in Japan. Consider all the massive crossovers they've gotten, joesmo random mobile game wouldn't have been able to do those.

• 3 weeks later...

Twinfinite interview with Granblue Fantasy director Tetsuya Fukuhara (credits to Granblue_en (twitter link) for making me aware of this)

Main points of interest:

Global release for both Relink and Versus was confirmed.

Relink's 2018 release was delayed due to difficulties with making the world of Granblue Fantasy into 3D. Currently there's no release estimate because they don't want to give they aren't certain about and might have to delay again.

Edited by Sylphid