What was / is your reaction to the music theme in the introduction cutscene of book 3?

MisterIceTeaPeach

Do you like it?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was ok
  2. 2. Would like to hear that kind of music in regular FE parts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Book 3 started with something innovative by having a very aesthetic animated cutscene with a music theme which caused a really controversial reaction to me.

Theme starts at 00:40.

It's death metal.

The very loud and aggressive song represented a total new site of this series to me. I only have known FE as a really harmonic series in terms of music so far. Viola and strings are the most common instruments for the songs. 

Now guitars combined with very loud and unclear vocals shall express the sadness and hopeless of someone. Idk what to think about it.

Imo this music doesn't really match with the elegance and time FE wants to represent. I find the music somewhat funny due to its vocals, but it has no real place in FE. In an action or extreme sports game (Tony Hawk) it could work.

Edited by Necrofantasia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really did not like it.

It doesn't even seem like it's all that good as a song (I don't have a massive point of reference for death metal to be fair). It doesn't match the series much at all and Book Three's not going far enough out there for an intentional clash between the music and visuals. I am absolutely not interested in hearing more FE death metal for the main series.

FFS AMVs with other music have been better.

A hard no from me. It's unfitting, highly ear-grating, and just obnoxious with all the screaming~ I would maybe give it a pass if it was just music and no death metal screaming, but the screamo is a no for this franchise~ There's an infinite number of ways they could have had something edgy that wasn't so annoying~

Didn't mind it in the Book III trailer, though I think it would have fit better without lyrics, but I wouldn't want it in the main series. Heroes can afford it because it spends so little effort on buiding its world or making us forget we're playing a mobile game that there isn't any suspension of disbelief to break by introducing music that doesn't fit; I'd expect better, or at least an attempt at making a more immersive story, from a main FE game.

It was okay when I first heard it, and I still think it is super cheesy. However, it did grow on me and I kind of like it now.

I personally do not care whether they play more or less of this kind of music in regular Fire Emblem, so I voted for maybe.

23 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I thought it was great, and better than that of the trailer for Book II. But I guess I'm in the minority.

I'm with you! It's so good.

Lyrics are kinda meh but I like the backing track to it. The ingame music associated with Book 3 is very good in my opinion, I think if they used the map track instead of this it would've landed better.

I'm not against FE going a bit darker in tone with music, but full death metal is a tad much.

I got confused and thought I was watching a Linkin Park AMV.

I then proceeded to laugh.

If it was rock mixed with orchestral instruments and without the screamo, then I think I would like it better.

I was surprised to hear it and I have zero problems with it.

Honestly, it's nice for them to actually do something completely different from the Fire Emblem norm. Trying new things every now and then is actually a good thing, contrary to what most might think.