Most annoying class to deal with?

Sub Zero

FE1 ballisticians. Unlike in every other game, ballisticians in FE1 are literally tanks. They are locked to two range, have only 4 move (less than an armor knight), hit really hard, and have a base defence of 14! (keep in mind this is a game where all stats cap at 20 other than hp)

Dealing with these losers is always an absolute pain in the ass due to how tanky they are and the fact that they are 2 range locked. Them being locked to two range means that getting a mage or bishop over to attack them is obnoxious due to their low mov, and they are left open to be attacked by other units or even another ballistician. The fact that in chapter 13 you have to fight an entire army of these...things does not help the class one bit.

Edited by CatManThree

Echoes: Witches - In a game where most units have rubbish resistance being a teleporting mage is troublesome.

Awakening: Bow Knights: The fact that they appear in ambush spawns in hard mode makes using fliers makes them memorably annoying.

Fates: Generals and Master Ninjas - Generals due to Wary fighter meaning that I'll usually need multiple characters to take them down and Master Ninjas as 1-2 range + High speed making doubling difficult + High evasion + High res + Debuffs + Crit Bonus (Really?) = GAHH

Shadows of Valentia:

Arcanists. They're rather bulky for mages, and they hit hard since pretty much everyone has crap for resistance. It doesn't help that they have access to Mire and Death, powerful spells with 3 range. This means that whoever I send to take them out often comes out heavily injured, which is even worse than it sounds as their bulk often means that this could wind up happening to two characters. Well, aside from archers, but they tend to be rather inaccurate, as well as Dread Fighters. Witches and Cantors count too, but for different reasons. The former can warp, which is irritating since, again, most units have crappy resistance. Not helping matters is that they tend to have high skill (though since magic hit rates are fixed, it only gives them high crit). At least they're mostly limited to Fire and Thunder. The latter can summon units to slow you down, which is especially irritating if they're Bonewalkers (hard to put down without magic) or Gargoyles (fast fliers). They also use the same spells as Arcanists. Worse yet, they tend to be on terrain that makes them hard to hit when you finally get to them.

Dread Fighters are insanely fast, which means trouble when you're in a game where you only need 1 speed over your opponent to double. They also halve magic damage. This means I'm often either fighting back with my own Dread Fighters or Barons. Mogalls are much the same, minus the halving magic damage, and instead being able to divide.

Fates:

Berserkers. As is to be expected of them, they hit hard, which wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that they also have boosted crit. And this is in a game where crit chances near or over 20 are generally nigh impossible to completely nullify.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Genealogy:

Cavaliers and Dragon Knights. They're usually not too strong, but what's really annoying about them is how they take advantage of their canto to ambush a single unit and kill them. Doesn't help they have high move and Dragon Knights can station themselves at mountains where only your flier units could hit them.

Pegasus Knights also do this but they're not really that strong, as far as I can recall, so they're easier to deal with.

The guys with the status staves are also pretty annoying when they hit you with Sleep. Though you don't encounter them often, and the two bosses that have those staves can be silenced by Deirdre.

5 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I got some nerve with FE4 Barons.

I tend to use them for boss abuse often. The long range magic they can sometimes does make things more difficult though.

Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones:

Again, cavaliers and dragon knights are annoying for high move. Though I feel they're easier to deal with in these games than in Genealogy. The undead eyeball thingies in SS (forgot their name) are also hard to deal with, mainly due to having high move, and iirc later on some of them get long range magic.

Awakening lunatic Warrior ambush spawns that may or may not have counter and thus make one of your units kill itself on them before you can do anything, just because.

Conquest lunatic Stoneborns because they shut down 99% of your options by default.

17 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Wow, you posted a thread in the right section for once. Colour me impressed!

Anyway, Bishops with either Sleep or Silence staves.

Yeah, shocking I know!

*slams head against wall*

GBA Games: Archers and Snipers, since I tend to use basically all flying units and there's extremely limited, if any, protection from arrow bonus damage. Ballistae are also pretty annoying, but those are a lot easier to deal with because they have only five shots.

3D Games: Assassins (in Awakening mostly) with nigh-unparalleled Skill and Speed and sometimes Lethality.
Any units with Counter. Magic Counter is not nearly as common or as severe so it gets a pass.
Generals with Wary Fighter, since that makes them basically unkillable without multiple units.
Nohrian Hex is a blessing on my units but a curse on enemy units. 
Poison Sting and Savage Blow are the bane of my Lunatic playthrough. 
Upheaval (from Echoes) is immensely annoying but at least the game gives me several options for HP recovery to mitigate it.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, CatManThree said:

FE1 ballisticians. Unlike in every other game, ballisticians in FE1 are literally tanks. They are locked to two range, have only 4 move (less than an armor knight), hit really hard, and have a base defence of 14! (keep in mind this is a game where all stats cap at 20 other than hp)

Dealing with these losers is always an absolute pain in the ass due to how tanky they are and the fact that they are 2 range locked. Them being locked to two range means that getting a mage or bishop over to attack them is obnoxious due to their low mov, and they are left open to be attacked by other units or even another ballistician. The fact that in chapter 13 you have to fight an entire army of these...things does not help the class one bit.

Well, what about in SD? I would say they're even worse in SD since they're artillery units, and thus chapter 13 becomes that much worse for it, even knowing that they have their Kryptonite.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, Farina's Pegasus said:

Nohrian Hex is a blessing on my units but a curse on enemy units. 

Good thing that only two units have it then - Garon and the Empty Vessel (No, I don't mean Garon, who does not have it in the route where the Empty Vessel shows up, though he DOES have Empty Vessel as his class).

On 12/19/2018 at 1:10 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

The undead eyeball thingies in SS (forgot their name) are also hard to deal with, mainly due to having high move, and iirc later on some of them get long range magic.

Those are Mogalls. However, Mogalls in Sacred Stones only have average move, and imo are unimpressive opponents - a far cry from the annoyance they are in SoV.

On 12/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Those are Mogalls. However, Mogalls in Sacred Stones only have average move, and imo are unimpressive opponents - a far cry from the annoyance they are in SoV

Ah, I see. I guess the long range magic some of them had was the only really annoying thing.

FE6 Berserkers, on top of some of the classes others have said. 

FE6's monstrous +30% crit means they WILL one-shot almost everyone in your party in HM if it goes off. And there's no real good way to deal with them if they equip a Hand Axe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 4:26 AM, CatManThree said:

Huh. Never once had trouble with FE1 Ballisticians. It was always "they don't have ten range and move super slowly, they don't pose and threat at all because they'll never even attack my units."