I don't know about you guys, but I really hope amiibo units return like they did in fates.

Dinar87

I don't mind complimentary/free Ike, Alm, etc. DLC.

I mind said DLC locked behind yet another paygate, especially if that paygate's in the form of one of those stupid-ass paperweights.

You already have Heroes for all your microtransaction needs, IS, stop shoveling that shit into the main series (though at least you're not as bad as Blizzard...yet...).

9 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Do you want the amiibo units to return, and if so, which ones?

it would be fair to have all of theΒ existing amiibosΒ available in game as playable units, but i'm not sure if they'll consider it.

they did an half good job with Echoes( i said half because yes, they added all previous amiibos, however they were not actual playable characters but just temporary units ), so maybe there's still hope.

i would surely like to use my Awakening/Fates amiibos.Β it's a pity to let them take dust.

21 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

i would surely like to use my Awakening/Fates amiibos.Β it's a pity to let them take dust.

Awakening and Fates didn't have any amiibo, the only FE series amiibo are for Echoes.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I really liked the Fates Amiibo implementation. Getting old characters in their original class was great. You got new art and voice acting. I really want to see it return.

On concerns about balance: I don't think that's a particularly big deal in a single player only game. It's not like I.S is gonna make the base game so ludicrously difficult that you need these new characters. Also it's not like they are are a "must have" item. In Fates they added a watered down unit to your barracks that lacked quite a bit compared to units with the ability to support and change classes. Even their classes and skills weren't exclusive to them. You could get it in far cheaper DLC. Heck, the Great Lord class was free DLC

19 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Awakening and Fates didn't have any amiibo, the only FE series amiibo are for Echoes.

i meant the origin and actual in-game use of the amiibos, not the serie they come from. i know that some are from either Smash Bros or Warriors.

personally I loved fates'Β amiibo units, and I would love to see them do it again in TH, I really hope that they aren't like SoV's, because the character summons were just useless and didn't add anything worth the astronomical effort to use them.

I don't really think it is much of a paywall thing, amiibo units only exist because of amiibo, what they add is inconsequential at most and a nice bonus for those who have them, they don't make the game better fundamentally, and in fates they were all balanced well enough to not feel broken. (cept for ragnell being stupid)

16 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I really hope that they aren't like SoV's, because the character summons were just useless and didn't add anything worth the astronomical effort to use them.

yes and no.

scanning them everytime in order to use them was indeed a dumb mechanic, althou they were not entirely useless.

at least, not all of them. *cough*Falchion wielder*cough*