What would you say are the big issue Fire Emblem's writing has always stuggled with?

Roland

1 hour ago, Aircalipoor said:

It's also the reason why Alvis and the Black Knight are the few villains whose deeds and crimes made an impact. The former has screen time and is competent in every scene, the latter wins and kills the heroes. I hope they give the villains more screen time AND make them more successfull.

Both cases end with them being screwed over.

Arvis ends up being this skilled guy, but can't ever seem to realize that he got played by Manfroy despite learning that Deirdre was his sister. 

And the Black Knight was threatening, but then has this shift in personality and such by Radiant Dawn, and even ends up being pushed to this sympathetic side that was unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Aircalipoor said:

I also consider Sephiran a spin of the Gharnef archetype in the regard that he tries the whole game summoning the evil god. But that what it is: A spin. And the Gharnef archetype isn't exactly well defined. Is Lyon the Gharnef? Is Riev the Garnef?

The end result of the plan is literal omnicide, the end of all life itself. That's already far bigger than what the other Gharnefs had tried. 

An archetype for Fire Emblem is containing various traits that allow them to work toward that goal. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The lack of Female lords that aren't overshadowed by the Male lords. Why does IS find that so difficult? Elizabeth I, Catherine II, Joan of Arc, and Maria Teresa all led their countries just fine without a real-life counterpart of Ephraim hogging all the glory. I want my proverbial Hilda, Rosa, and Minako in Fire Emblem too.