How would rank the Fire Emblem games?

Roland

So, I'm curious to see how people rank the Fire Emblem games. Thought I would ask.

Here's my ranking:

• God Tier: Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance
  • Pretty Solid Tier: Blazing Sword
  • Meh Tier: Sacred Stones
  • Would Rather Not Play Through Again Tier: Echoes Shadows of Valentia, Binding Blade
  • Abysmal In Ever Sense of The Word Tier: Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates
  • Haven't Played, So Cannot Comment: Geneology of The Holy War, Tharcia 776, New Mystery of The Emblem

Feel free to include reason if you feel you must.

Edited by Roland

Would Marry Tier: Radiant Dawn, Thracia 776

Would Date Seriously, But Not Settle Down With Tier: Shadows of Valentia, Blazing Blade, Path of Radiance, Genealogy of the Holy War, New Mystery

Wouldn't Bring Home To My Parents Tier: Binding Blade, Conquest

Went Out For A Drink Once, And Regret The Entire Experience Tier: Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Birthright, Revelations

Edited by Slumber

Best: Mystery of the Emblem, Blazing Blade, Path of Radiance

Good: Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Shadow Dragon, Conquest, Shadow of Valentia

Okay: Sacred Stones, Awakening

Bad: Genealogy of the Holy War, Radiant Dawn, Birthright

Worst: Revelation

Too Old: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden

It's Complicated: New Mystery

My ranking tends to change from time to time, but this is my current ranking

Path of Radiance>Shadows of Valentia>Blazing Sword>New Mystery of the Emblem>Sacred Stones>Genealogy of the Holy War=Thracia 776>Awakening=Radiant Dawn>Shadow Dragon>Binding Blade>Fates

• Awasome Tier: Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance, Blazing Sword 
  • Good Tier:  Sacred Stones, Awakening 
  • Decent Tier:  Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of The Emblem
  • Eww Tier: Binding Blade (I dont like the crappy hit rates, halve of the units, 3 thiefs whitout promotion, many chapters, Sophia at lv 1, Cecilia joins in a dessert, Wolt and Wendy are worst than leonardo and meg...)
  •  Haven't Played: Geneology of The Holy War, Tharcia 776,  Echoes Shadows of Valentia, Fates

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Great all around: Path of Radiance, Blazing Sword

Great but flawed: Radiant Dawn, Genealogy, Conquest and Echoes

Good: Awakening, Stones, New Mystery

Meh: Binding Blade and Birthright

Inadequate: Shadow Dragon. 

No Revelation at the very bottom? That's surprising

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

No Revelation at the very bottom? That's surprising

I don't recall ever having been particularly hard on Revelation on here. I didn't enjoy it and couldn't bring myself to finish it but that's also why I don't feel right to rank it at all. I'm not yet far enough in Revelation to speak of it with any authority. That I didn't complete it doesn't speak well of the game, but that might just as well have been caused by me already having completed Conquest and Birthright at that time and thus having had my Fire Emblem fill for a while. 

56 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't recall ever having been particularly hard on Revelation on here. I didn't enjoy it and couldn't bring myself to finish it but that's also why I don't feel right to rank it at all. I'm not yet far enough in Revelation to speak of it with any authority. That I didn't complete it doesn't speak well of the game, but that might just as well have been caused by me already having completed Conquest and Birthright at that time and thus having had my Fire Emblem fill for a while. 

Fair enough

2 hours ago, Roland said:

So, I'm curious to see how people rank the Fire Emblem games. Thought I would ask.

Here's my ranking:

• God Tier: Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance
  • Pretty Solid Tier: Blazing Sword
  • Meh Tier: Sacred Stones
  • Would Rather Not Play Through Again Tier: Echoes Shadows of Valentia, Binding Blade
  • Abysmal In Ever Sense of The Word Tier: Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates
  • Haven't Played, So Cannot Comment: Geneology of The Holy War, Tharcia 776, New Mystery of The Emblem

Feel free to include reason if you feel you must.

i agree with this list a lot i would just switch Blazing sword and sacred stones and id put Gaiden/Echoes shadows of valentia in Meh tier.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Revelation only gets worse as it goes along, so you made the right call. The whole game feels like a bad fever dream in hindsight.

It might almost deserve a tier of its own now that I think about it, but the fact that it's so... slap-dash and baffling almost saves it a bit. It's probably the worst out of the games I put at the bottom, but it's bad in very interesting ways. It feels like a game where the developers just tossed everything at the wall, and none of it stuck.

It more compelling to me than Awakening, Sacred Stones, Birthright and Shadow Dragon, which are just fucking boring. I feel like if I were to list everything wrong with these 5 games, Revelation might have as big of a list as all of the others combined, though.

6 hours ago, Zoryou said:
  • Awasome Tier: Path of Radiance (story), Radiant Dawn (gameplay), Blazing Sword 
  • Good Tier:  Echoes, TRS, Sacred Stones
  • Average Tier:  Binding Blade, Awakening, Fates
  • Awful Tier: Shadow Dragon
  • Haven't Played: Geneology of The Holy War, Tharcia 776,  (saving these for English remakes :) and BS. These all look good tier at least. 

Updated 

1. Genealogy of the Holy War - The best Fire Emblem story with numerous game mechanics I enjoy.
  2. Conquest - The Fire Emblem game with the best gameplay, and a perfect difficulty.
  3. Thracia 776 - The best gameplay story integration, fun to play, but held back by mediocre translation.
  4. The Blazing Sword - Probably the best introduction to the series, with a well presented narrative, and polished (although easy) gameplay.
  5. Path of Radiance - A good story with some interesting unique elements
  6. Echoes Shadows of Valentia - Good remake, kept what made that game unique, introduced supports and story expansion to flesh out characters.
  7. New Mystery of the Emblem - Good remake, fixed the things Shadow Dragon did wrong, although the Avatar was a bit disruptive towards the story.
  8. Radiant Dawn - Tried some interesting things, with OK story, but managed to ruin returning characters and key gameplay elements, and had a baffling difficulty curve.
  9. Awakening - Brought together some of the best elements of the series, although not all of them mesh together well, and many characters fall flat
  10. Binding Blade - Poorly polished, playing it after Blazing Blade it feels vastly  inferior in both gameplay and story
  11. Birthright - Without the perfect difficulty of Conquest, interesting maps, and less enjoyable classes to work with, Birthrights has to rely on its poor story to hold interest
  12. Sacred Stones - The Blandula Twins break all interest in the story, and its poor aping of Gaiden's innovation feel empty and cynical
  13. Revelations - Nonsensical difficulty curve, and a gobbledygook story, the worst part of Fates fails entirely
  14. Shadow Dragon - Poorly done remake, almost no effort made to flesh out the cast, and the mass suicide requirement for gaiden chapters clashes with a majority of players

Amazing Tier

Radiant Dawn & Path of Radiance.

Great Tier: 

Scared stones, Shadow of Valentia and Blazing Sword.

Love the game but would not replay it Tier:

Genealogy of the holy war. Can this game get a remake please?

Meh Tier:

Awakening and Fates.

Would Rather Not Play Through Again Tier: 

Thracia 776.

Abysmal In Ever Sense of The Word Tier: 

Shadow Dragon, New mystery of the emblem & Binding blade.

Haven't Played, So Cannot Comment: 

Three houses.