Your best/worst games of 2018 and most anticipated of 2019

Fabulously Olivier

Honestly, I didn't play many 2018 released games. Though God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 are two easy choices for best.

Most anticipated 2019:

The Outer Worlds
Sekiro
Doom: Eternal
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Mortal Kombat 11 (though I will be waiting for more information)
Cyberpunk 2077 (though it's more likely 2020)

Best:

Etrian Odyssey 5 followed distantly by Strange Journey 

This is essentially the only 2018 game i played due to lack of consoles. That i finished anyway since i do have DQ11. Either way i considered EOV a phenomenal entry. 

Worst:

FE Echoes Shadows of Valencia

It have fantastic mechanical idea and great presentation. And just about terrible in every other gameplay related front

Most Anticipated:

Etrian Odyssey Nexus. No contest. 

Best of 2018:

Underhero,

Mega Man 11,

Sonic Mania(counts because the update plus makes some changes and so it ends up being a game of this year as well.)

(I want to say Super Mario Odyssey but then I remembered that it was released last year...:3)

Worst games of 2018:

Minit

Dragon Quest 11

Iconoclasts

Most anticipated games of 2019:

Fire Emblem Three houses

Yoshi's Crafted World

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Luigi's Mansion 3

• 2 weeks later...

From 2018? That's... hard. I'd say maybe Dead Cells and Mega Man 11.

As for most anticipated games, I'll pick Bloodstained, Vestaria Saga, Crash Team Racing remastered and Fire Emblem Three Houses. I also really expect some news on the Mega Man series, preferably about a new X title.

Edited by Rapier

Best:

Smash goes without saying.

Spider-Man for PS4 was amazing.

I really enjoyed my time with Octopath Traveler and Valkyria Chronicles 4, although I never finished them, and probably never will despite my enjoyment. They're great games, but they're also long. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology fall under this as well, although I stopped playing that after I got bored since I got lost and then traveled through time and lost a ton of progress.

Worst:

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Perhaps I tainted my Muso pallet by playing FEW first, but HW didn't do it for me. It felt so stiff, and I wasn't really invested in the story. I quit the game when I got to a mission where I was forced to play as Darunia.

The World Ends with You: Final Remix. The gameplay sucks. I love every other part about this game, the soundtrack, the dialogue, the story, all amazing, but the gameplay is so bad that I just can't bring myself to play it. It did make me really want to pick up the DS game, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

My Hero One's Justice. I learned that I really don't like 3D anime fighters this year. It's just so slow. And boring. And the combat is dull. And it's just a retelling of the anime's plot.

Anticipated:

KH3

Fire Emblem: Three houses

Metroid Prime 4

Since I don't have a Switch just yet, most of the games that I bought this year were actually made some time ago (Xenoblade Chronicles 1, The Witcher 3 complete edition, etc.). But, of the games of 2018 that I played, here's my lists:

Best 2018 Game: Valkyria Chronicles 4

This was my first time playing any Valkyria game, and I absolutely loved it. The tactics, the gameplay, the story, it was all so good. I enjoyed this game far more than I enjoyed Xenoblade 1 or The Witcher 3.

Worst 2018 Game: I honestly don't have one; at least, none come to mind. 

Most Anticipated 2019 Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

This one hardly needs an explanation. The only thing holding back my anticipation is the fact that it's been two years and all we've gotten is one trailer. A really good trailer, but only one trailer nonetheless.

Best

1. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 

2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 

3. Octopath Traveler

4. Valkyria Chronicles 4

5. Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu

Worst

None. I actually liked all of the new games I played. 

Most Anticipated 

1. Three Houses

2. Yoshi’s Crafted World

3. One Piece World Seeker

4. Jump Force

5. Bayonetta 3