What would you make for a Christmas Event for Heroes?

XRay

Christmas is almost here! If you can make a Christmas event for Heroes, what would it be?

Instead of the usual battling on a map, I am thinking of making your own Tap Battle, but with a snowball fight theme and you get to challenge your friend list. Instead of enemies charging at you, the defense player will have their defense team on the right hand side throwing snowballs at you. When your unit successfully blocks a snowball, your unit throws a snowball back at them! Each time you win, your units get a flat 10 Hero Merit.

For "battling," I am thinking of having a twist on Rival Domains. Instead of conquering each other's forts and camps, both sides are sending their units to sing Christmas carols to each other. The goal is to have units occupying the opposite sides' forts and camps, but you have to do it within a turn limit. You can help the AI reach your places faster with Assists like Reposition and Dance (this temporarily gives you control of the AI unit and you can move the AI unit closer to one of your fort and camps) or with teleportation skills like Guidance. You can also "battle" AI units without killing them, reducing both unit's HP to help them activate Escape Route if they have it and/or be Wings of Mercy beacons for units on both sides. I guess the rewards can be something like 100 SP, with each extra turn left over giving you 10 SP.

What kind of festive ideas do you have?

Edited by XRay

A Tellius Christmas! A four-character banner featuring Brom dressed as Santa, Nephenee as an elf, and Ike and Mist playing the part of the two siblings who have been naughty or nice all year for presents. Or you could substitute Ike and Mist for Geoffrey and Lucia, or Marcia and Makalov, or some other sibling pair from Tellius. Either way, Brom and Nephenee plus a sibling pair. Make a Forging Bonds event with these four.

16 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hanukkah events.

Ethnic holidays would be cool. The Order of Heroes can open portals to various places on Earth and explore the local customs together with the Summoner.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Presents.

What kind of presents do you want?

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ike and Mist playing the part of the two siblings who have been naughty or nice all year for presents.

Which one is the naughty one? Both seem like goody two shoes.

9 hours ago, Landmaster said:

10 Orbs for daily Log-In Bonus, it's the season of giving!~

7 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

20 orbs on Christmas Day

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

A free pick for any of the current summoning focus heroes

I thought of one better: summoning costs no Orbs for a week!

2 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

The Shepherds but they're actual shepherds. :lol:

And Flavia, Validar, and Walhart can visit baby Lucina.

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

A free grail unit pick would be very handy.

I would pick A!Azura. Who would you pick?

I would add in an advent calendar which would be like another round of login bonuses - only that there's something for each day from December 1st to Christmas Day and players don't have to log in every day to get each reward - they can get any rewards they missed on the advent calendar by simply logging in within the reward period. Rewards for each day would be pretty small; the list are the possible daily gifts from the advent calendar:
1-3 Orbs
100-500 Feathers
20-30 Grails
10-20 Refining Stones
10-20 Divine Dew
10-20 Sacred Coins
A copy of a 3-4* unit (could be from the regular pool or be a GHB/TT unit)
A Free Summon Ticket for the new Christmas banner

Christmas Day, of course, should offer the biggest reward on the advent calendar, which could be something like 3-5 free summon tickets or 20 orbs.

I would also consider putting in holiday discounts for orb packages.

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I thought of one better: summoning costs no Orbs for a week!

You joke here but I think they could do a compromise of this. They could let you summon for free until your first 5* unit. 

40 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

By curiosity, do the Japanese celebrate Christmas, or something similar that takes it's place, in any capacity?

They celebrate Christmas, although it depends on the person. I do not think they celebrate it to the same degree we do though as a society. We have a month long anticipation with lots of Christmas music and a festive atmosphere.

Here is my thought, they add a mode where the prize isn't for you, when you complete the map you pick a person from your friends list that you haven't given a "gift" to yet, and which of the prizes available that day you are gifting. (example: one day it might be 2 orbs, 50 soul dew, or a specific 4 star unit; the next day it might be 20 sacred coins, 20 refining stones or 500 feathers etc.) The first time you visit the mode each day it will ask you for your preference, and when one of your units visits a friend's castle, an extra line is added where they spill the beans on your preferred gift. Finally when you've sent a gift to everyone on your friends list you will get a 5 star seasonal unit who is the mascot of the mode, and after you gift 25 people you get a 4 star version.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
fixing typographical error

:Santhos:

Plus a minigame where you play as Lyn in a Santa costume accompanied by Eliwood and Hector dressed in reindeer suits. Your goal is to throw presents at children to satisfy them. Eliwood and Hector satisfy children by 1 point ("HP") when they throw presents, but Lyn gives 2 points. However, starry-eyed children will be drawn to Lyn Claus, and if they get too close, she will swarmed and knocked over by them, being unable to give presents until the kids are gone. Thus, while tossing presents, you must defend Lyn using Hector and Eliwood to block the kids from approaching her. This is done in real time, and it is impossible to back Lyn into a corner guarded by Hector and Eliwood where she can't possibly get knocked down.

There are a finite number of kids in each stage, your score being determined by how long it took you to complete the stage, and whether Lyn was knocked over or not at all. There are multiple difficulties, with the highest, Zenith, giving the children quintuple the HP of Normal. Good luck! -Plus an Endless Mode as well.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Which one is the naughty one? Both seem like goody two shoes.

I feel like Ike would be naughtier than Mist. Or, as I said, you could switch them out for Marcia and Makalov; Makalov would definitely be the naughty one.

And also, as a bonus for this Christmas event, you get to pick one of the four banner characters to get for free!

A 12 Days reward cycle where each day is the previous days' rewards plus a new larger one. Maybe something like:

1. 50 badges (600 total)
  2. 100 feathers (1100)
  3. 1 orb (10)
  4. 50 divine dew (450)
  5. 50 refining stones (400) - Maybe seems weird, but 50 rocks essentially = 50 dew
  6. 50 Aether stones (350)
  7. 1 free summoning ticket for any current banner. Expires on New Years. (6)
  8. 1 combat manual of any 3-4* unit (5)
  9. 1 3* copy of any 3-4* unit (4)
  10. 1 4* limited or 4-5* unit (3)
  11. 1 combat manual for each of the Askrs. Can be used for fodder. (2)
  12. 1 5* copy of any unit. Seasonal, legendary, limited, Askrs, whatever.

For the free units, if that's considered too much, do something like at the start of the event, the person picks 5 units in each category, and you get a random one of whichever via a Brave Heroes type summoning circle, but without knowing who's where.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Merry Christmas, I guess:

Screenshot_20181225-141121.png

I expected nothing and I’m not surprised or disappointed!

Well, they are a Japanese company, so I do not expect much from them on Christmas Day.

And Merry Christmas!

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well, they are a Japanese company, so I do not expect much from them on Christmas Day.

I guess this is why every other gacha did give their playerbases stuff. But those aren’t FEH, of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a9cxti/i_think_is_just_hates_christmas

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I guess this is why every other gacha did give their playerbases stuff. But those aren’t FEH, of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a9cxti/i_think_is_just_hates_christmas

Some of the comments were funny.

I am a bit surprised to read that Dragalia Lost gave their players quite a bit of stuff on Christmas. We did get some good Sacred Seals and GOW!Cecilia during the current Tempest Trials, so I guess it is something.

New Years is a much more important holiday compared Christmas in Asia, so I think Heroes might do bigger things in January and February. Based on New Years earlier this year though, I am not expecting much from them unless we have to pay for it.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And that is the main gripe people have with it.

It is not too late to demand Tibarn for free! Late presents are better than no presents!

15 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not too late to demand Tibarn for free! Late presents are better than no presents!

Lotz for free!

Yeah, somehow, I expected nothing and was still somewhat disappointed by the utter lack of fanfare for Christmas. Like, not even some first summon tickets. Speaking of, who feels like those are going to go the way of combat manuals where IS does nothing more than the bare minimum with them?