Micaiah Laid an Egg

Captain Karnage

So my chickens (most)have finally reached maturity and are now laying eggs, I went outside today and saw one of my Rhode Island Reds walk into the coup at about noon, so I decided to go in. Then after hearing some strange noises for a couple minutes I find that Micaiah laid an egg

I'm so proud of my little flightless birds

[here's Micaiah]

1h72hJX.jpg

here's a few more, I'm not sure who laid these but I think Minerva is responsible for the middle one.

LRYOLzE.jpg

Edited by Captain Karnage

I don't know which curiousity was greater. My curiosity about the title of this post or my curiosity about why I felt like seeing the contents of the post after seeing the title.

I'm reminded of that time some day ago when some time ago when someone shared something from tumblr where a user was giving an update on their fish and it sounded like a very, very weird Smash Bros fanfic

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

I'm reminded of that time some day ago when some time ago when someone shared something from tumblr where a user was giving an update on their fish and it sounded like a very, very weird Smash Bros fanfic

I don't remember how it went, but I saw that Tumblr post, too.  Something about them having babies.

32 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

31 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I don't remember how it went, but I saw that Tumblr post, too.  Something about them having babies.

It was me.

Still the funniest shit ever.

31 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Still the funniest shit ever.

Reminds me of a species of fish (there might be several actually) where a female, if they wish to challenge the dominant male, is able to naturally turn into a male. The process is irreversible, but once done, they can mate with females perfectly fine.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of a species of fish (there might be several actually) where a female, if they wish to challenge the dominant male, is able to naturally turn into a male. The process is irreversible, but once done, they can mate with females perfectly fine.

Clownfish can do this, only the other way around.

9 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Lol now get a few roosters named Sothe, Pelleas, and Zelgius. See who Micaiah lays a fertilized egg with.

Baby chicks!

I would if it was legal to have one where I lived

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

What all are your chickens named?

Minerva

Rydia

Micaiah

Ceada

The rest don't really have names, I can't tell them apart yet, they're all Rhode Island Reds and they all look to similar

I did have a few more but they were killed by an animal, and one died of something. RIP Maria and Charlotte

7 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I would if it was legal to have one where I lived

Minerva

Rydia

Micaiah

Ceada

The rest don't really have names, I can't tell them apart yet, they're all Rhode Island Reds and they all look to similar

I did have a few more but they were killed by an animal, and one died of something. RIP Maria and Charlotte

You should give them little anklets or something to tell them apart.