Best husband for Fury if I don’t care about Sety?

Alastor15243

So I thought, for the hell of it, I’d do a mounted-only run of the already mounted-heavy FE4, where I’m only allowed to use units who are mounted, promote to be mounted, or will father slash give birth to a unit who is or will promote to a mounted unit. This poses an interesting question, as it means that for three of the four pairings I will actually make happen, only one of the units actually matters. And since I can’t use Sety/Ced, this is an opportunity to see if I can make a really good Fee.

Now it’s been a while since I’ve played FE4, so I can’t remember much about the number of archers. Would Alec!Fee be worth it to make a peg knight who’s immune to arrows? Or would trading arrow immunity for Lex’s ludicrous bulk growths be a better idea for survival in general? I generally don’t like fragile units and prefer to rely on defense rather than dodging unless I can get it really high. Or is there a better option for a good Fee? Keep in mind my other planned pairs are AzelxLachesis (I want to make sure Nanna’s magic is good, and with dual str-mag holy blood their offense will never be poor), Midir/FinnXAdean (can’t spare the pursuit ring to go with Jamka), and LewynXTiltyu (Because obviously I want at least one holy weapon passed down).

Edited by Alastor15243
Mis-stated a pairing.

Good Fathers for Fee are:

• Noish: Gives her Crit and pretty good stats. I have used this Fee and she was able to get the job done.
  • Alec: Nihil gives her Arrow Immunity. I never had too much problem with keeping Fee away from arrows, but it is nice to have during a part with ballistae. It's situational, but can be pretty useful in that one situation. She's not as strong as Noish!Fee, but gets the job done. Notable because she's one of, if not, the only kid that benefits from Alec being her father.
  • Arden: Makes her a bit bulkier and her offense will be not bad. One of the only kids that benefits from having Arden as a father.
  • Lex: He's the best dad in the game because Paragon/Elite is a great skill and he gives good STR growths. She'll also have Vantage, but Fee doesn't utilize this skill as well as others due to the fact she's usually on bandit duty and they don't fight back unless she got to a town before they did.
  • Finn: He passes down lances and Miracle. Fee should get his Brave Lance no matter who her father is, but this makes me feel less guilty about trading off a GIFT intended for Finn. Miracle is also useful for keeping her alive when dealing with those pesky archers.
  • Chulainn/Holyn: Raises her sword rank when you get her, allowing her to wield more powerful swords at the start. Useful for fighting bandits. Luna is also a nice skill to have. Chulainn is an underrated father, IMO.
  • Beowulf: Gives her Charge and OK stats. She won't be too different from her Noish and Alec iterations, she just has Charge. Charge is useful for her though.
  • Claud: He is a better father for Sety, but will make Fee a great healer when she promotes. Her resistance would also be great for tanking siege tome users.

What do you want out of Fee? If you just want her to survive, Lex and Arden are good choices. Nihil is a very situational skill, but if you don't want to worry about arrows, than Alec is a good choice.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Good Fathers for Fee are:

• Noish: Gives her Crit and pretty good stats. I have used this Fee and she was able to get the job done.
  • Alec: Nihil gives her Arrow Immunity. I never had too much problem with keeping Fee away from arrows, but it is nice to have during a part with ballistae. It's situational, but can be pretty useful in that one situation. She's not as strong as Noish!Fee, but gets the job done. Notable because she's one of, if not, the only kid that benefits from Alec being her father.
  • Arden: Makes her a bit bulkier and her offense will be not bad. One of the only kids that benefits from having Arden as a father.
  • Lex: He's the best dad in the game because Paragon/Elite is a great skill and he gives good STR growths. She'll also have Vantage, but Fee doesn't utilize this skill as well as others due to the fact she's usually on bandit duty and they don't fight back unless she got to a town before they did.
  • Finn: He passes down lances and Miracle. Fee should get his Brave Lance no matter who her father is, but this makes me feel less guilty about trading off a GIFT intended for Finn. Miracle is also useful for keeping her alive when dealing with those pesky archers.
  • Chulainn/Holyn: Raises her sword rank when you get her, allowing her to wield more powerful swords at the start. Useful for fighting bandits. Luna is also a nice skill to have. Chulainn is an underrated father, IMO.
  • Beowulf: Gives her Charge and OK stats. She won't be too different from her Noish and Alec iterations, she just has Charge. Charge is useful for her though.
  • Claud: He is a better father for Sety, but will make Fee a great healer when she promotes. Her resistance would also be great for tanking siege tome users.

What do you want out of Fee? If you just want her to survive, Lex and Arden are good choices. Nihil is a very situational skill, but if you don't want to worry about arrows, than Alec is a good choice.

I should note that Finn is incapable of passing down weapons because none of the sons use lances. And even then, Fee gets her lances from her mother, not father

24 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I should note that Finn is incapable of passing down weapons because none of the sons use lances. And even then, Fee gets her lances from her mother, not father

Yeah I got mixed up there. I usually just sell off Finn's lances and have Erin buy them. Having Finn as a father just makes me feel less guilty about it.

6 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Would Alec!Fee be worth it to make a peg knight who’s immune to arrows? Or would trading arrow immunity for Lex’s ludicrous bulk growths be a better idea for survival in general? I generally don’t like fragile units and prefer to rely on defense rather than dodging unless I can get it really high. Or is there a better option for a good Fee?

keep in mind that Pegasus Knights in this game are units based mainly on Speed and Magic Defence.

they are not supposed to have high Physical defence, since they rely mostly on dodging and kiting from the sky/mountains, so building up one while having in mind a Paladin isn't exactly a good idea in my opinion.

with Lewyn as father you could easily get her speed capped at 30, plus a nice critical skill, but you want to keep him for Tiltyu so he's out of question.

Finn could be a good alternative. Fee should still be able to reach a decent Speed stat, and she would gain Prayer too, making her untouchable with a Slim sword and high Speed.

If you want a tanky unit, go with Lex or Arden.  Since every other pairing seems set for you, I think it'd be pointless not to choose Lex.  Not only that, but it'd be tremendously easier to pair Fury with Lex than with Arden, since the former has roughly the same mobility except without the ability to ignore terrain.  But if you want a unit that can charge and decimate ballistae and archers before they become a serious problem, give her Alec.  However, she'll still be quite squishy with Alec as her father, and the ability to destroy ballistae and archers more quickly isn't the most helpful utility since they're typically accompanied by a platoon of either cavalry or armor knights.

Also, make sure you're considering Delmud when thinking about Lachesis' pairing.  You will want to give Azel some swords to pass down to him.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, make sure you're considering Delmud when thinking about Lachesis' pairing.  You will want to give Azel some swords to pass down to him.

Yep! That’s the plan. Delmud’s definitely getting a magic sword at least, and the best normal sword I can pass down too.

Fee is always going to be at least decent one way or another but generally Noish is Fee's best father if you're going the physical route. The skills he passes down to her are just straight up the best by far.

Noish is the best candidate for Fee and even is pretty decent for Sety (Well, except for the lacking magic growth)

If you're going for someone else, then the next best would be Lex imo, that defence boost is really appreciated.

Finn and Alec are about the same overall imo but Alec will be better for her because of Nihil and then after that I wouldn't bother in terms of who to pick.

Noish

Lewyn

Jamka

Lex is fine

Dew if you lower HP but moar stats and Bargain. 

Continue before promotion and Critical is why Lewyn is still good for her even with lower strength growth.

Fee wants skills and the Thief sword.