May I ask why some Fire Emblem fans act like Awakening and Fates were the worst thing to happen to the series?

Decerd

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Interesting thing to note, the Falchion in Shadows of Valentia is already 3,000 years old at the start of that game, which is a longer span of time than between Shadow Dragon and Awakening (or between the First Exalt and Awakening). So that either means the Gaiden Falchion wasn't losing it's blessing for some reason, or that Duma was able to repower it himself Which if true would mean any Divine Dragon could repower a weakened Falchion. Which brings up the question as to why Naga was even necessary as Tiki should have been able to upgrade the Falchion, or at least attempt to upgrade it. If the Valentia Falchion wasn't losing it's power over time and the Archanean Falchion was, then maybe the depowering of it is connected to the Dragon Degeneration which is seemingly stronger in Archanea than Valentia (as Duma and Mila lasted a lot longer than any other dragons without become manaketes {maybe} despite being way more powerful than most dragons). Of course the dragon degeneration seems to have stopped or been retconned or something in Awakening.

Well, we should consider a case of when these Falchions were made. The Falchion that Duma received was one that came before they became Manaketes. And the one that was made that Marth uses was from after the Manaketes came. I think it's a thing where turning into Manaketes sort of causes you to have a handicap and not able to utilize all your powers much. 

Also, in regards to Duma and Mila in comparisons to Tiki, once again, Tiki cannot use her full powers. Not just because she's a Manakete, but because she also had a ritual that further limited her powers. Tiki only ever used the full scale of her power in The Future Past 3, when she took spirit form, and thus took over the role of Naga, and was able to perform the Awakening ritual from there. Duma and Mila are still physically there and never became Manaketes. 

As for the degeneration thing, I wrote a thread in regards to how it may be that Divine Dragons are affected by degeneration differently. I mean, Duma was ROTTING. Like, that's not natural. I believe that because Divine Dragons are the pinnacle of draconic power, they were affected much differently even in regards to how long it took them to be affected, and how they were affected. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see that's what usually happens to long running franchises.In order for a franchise to survive for as long as FE does,changes are inevitable,there is no other way around it.

But not everyone is gonna like said changes and there is nothing wrong with that,after all everyone is entitled to their opinion.But there is a difference between being civilized when stating said opinion or being and acting like an gatekeeping elitist prick.

Awakening was my entry point to this franchise and my God the hostility and vitriol that I witnessed when people expressed their distain for the 3DS titles and the fans of said titles was disgusting.I've encountered my fair share of bad communities when it comes to gaming but nothing beats the FE community.